Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Kremator presents ... BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit

These look very good - I'll stick them on my server tonight and give them a good seeing to...

Hehe nice, thank you very mutch. Tasmania in BattleZone:yay:

up to the United Real Rangers Server

Greez Hotze

Thanks guys. Further to other PMs that are flooding in, it looks like I'm going to be busy for the next year doing island ports but I don't mind (as long as they will be used!) but in Kevin Costner's immortal words .... 'If you build it, they will come'

Feedback would be very welcome, either in terms of gameplay, positioning of bases/towns, or even other improvements that I could make (or pass onto ZoneKiller - the guru scripter!)

UPDATE: Tropica by Old bear is now on the list of islands supported. Note due to the separateness of the main airports, I have had to turn off aircraft at for each side. However I have upped the number of tanks able to be used.

Link on first post.

Enjoy.

UPDATE: Chernarus is now ready for WAR ! Catch it on the first post.

Enjoy.

Kremator, would you consider rolling these up into an archive file? Saves downloading them one by one! Also, try PM'ing Foxhound, Old Bear and Miler and let them know you would like to be mirrored.

Didn't have chance to play last night as I was finishing up some ToH stuff, but I will tonight!

EDIT---->

Having a quick go now - it's very good indeed - I had forgotten how good Panthera was! Anyway there seems to be a small issue maybe...

If you build a tank and getin as Driver and then you get out for any reason (say to remotely detonate an IED), someone else jumps into the drivers seat and the tank buggers off! This seems to happen even if you force the tank to group with you when you build it. As soon as you get out, someone else switches to driver and the tank de-groups!

The other issues is a small report error when building the tank, just after you place it in the command menu...

Error in expression <"");_textControls = (_ZKs_text1 + _ZKs_text2 + _ZKs_text3 + "");((ui>
 Error position: <_ZKs_text2 + _ZKs_text3 + "");((ui>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _zks_text2

Edited by Jedra

Hey Jedra,

I certainly did think about putting them into an archive HOWEVER they are large files and I don't want people to have to download the WHOLE pack for a single island update - so will keep it as is for the moment.

On the getting out issue - that is something that ZK has to address. I can understand it being frustrating. However it DOES have one advantage - in a chopper if the pilot is hit, the copilot will jump into his seat and return to base. This leads to smoother (and more realistic) gameplay. Remember if you ride does shoot off, you can always call for another one (air, tank or car!)

Haven't a clue how to sort that code error out - I'm a tinkerer and not a coder, sorry. I've not encountered it however (and I play a LOT of this mission!) Are you running any addons that could cause it to malfunction? At one stage I had MCC running alongside BZ that screwed things up royally.

@BlackMamba - of course mate. I have a list of islands STILL to complete. Those that PM or post here push themselves up that list! :D

Kremator - no worries on the tank driver going AWOL, as you say, it's easy enough to get another one - it just surprised me that's all, especially as he drove off past the IED I was just detonating.....Oops....

I'll look at the script error - the only add-ons I was using were JSRS, CBA and ASR_AI - I'll check it out.

I am having a lot of fun with this - well done and thanks for sharing it!

Thanks for the new Chernarus Version. Very appreciated.

After playing a while on local Host, i have fired up a Dedi on my Machine for the first time (configured with TA2DST), and it´s a MASSIVE Improvement.

All the Time before, i have thought that running server.exe beside the Main Game would make the Gameplay more bad, due to additional CPU and Memory Usage (i have no clue about Server Stuff).

Really Cool. :)

WoW Kremator thank you for doing this.. when I first found the BZ missions I looked at porting to other islands but found it confusing and couldn't seem to get the hang of the BZ editor. I'm sure you are now swamped with map port requests so I'm gonna hold off and see what comes out!!

Do you think it would be a ton of work to port this to something like Invasion 1944 mod?

Running on a dedi makes SUCH a difference!

Regarding the I44 mission, vengeance1 is working on something. When it is complete it shouldn't be too hard to put it into all islands.

As I said I dont mind doing these ports. It is nice when you see servers running the missions. I sometimes jump on them to say hi :)

Well thanks for doing all the heavy lifting.. .it is appreciated. If there is anything I can help with regarding I44 ports I would be happy to - my two favorite things ever - Arma and WWII

Im thoroughly addicted, but now im bummed to learn these missions cant be saved. Would mcc be able to "safe" this mission? Or does that only work on mcc generated scripts? Id edit my own but are all the modules tied to mso? Meaning is there anyway to build a save enabled version or am i barking up the wrong tree with mso modules? Im definitely gonna have to buy a mic and start playing multiplayer. Your mission has spoiled me i must have more!

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Sorry to double post on my phone i couldnt find edit. I havent seen anyone here using it, but roll them into a torrent and pop on pirate bay. If your not familiar with it i can do it. But every new version will need a torrent so you should probably wait till they are all done. You can dl individual download parts of a torrent too. Just a thought.

Ladies and gentlemen .... UPDATE: Qom Province is now available on the first post !

@DogonCrook - I'm really glad mate that you are enjoying them ...... still more islands to come :) Regarding saving them, MCC does wreck the mission - I think it is to do with some server variables. By all means have a go at being able to save everything, you are braver than I am :) However, the longest I have seen this mission run (on default settings) is 7 hours, but that is 7 hours of CARNAGE. I think I got PTSD after 4 hours :D

@SavageCDN - totally agree :)

Im thoroughly addicted, but now im bummed to learn these missions cant be saved. Would mcc be able to "safe" this mission? Or does that only work on mcc generated scripts? Id edit my own but are all the modules tied to mso? Meaning is there anyway to build a save enabled version or am i barking up the wrong tree with mso modules? Im definitely gonna have to buy a mic and start playing multiplayer. Your mission has spoiled me i must have more!

You could always run a dedicated session on your local PC and set it up as persistant. Of course you would need to leave your PC on while the game is running.

Well done Kremator - the feedback is awesome and really good to see.

Great list of islands there - we should swap notes for some MSO templates on them.

Thanks Wolffy! Im not doing anything special with the MSO, as you guys have done such a good job!

Im working on Tigeria. Ideal maps have 2 functional airports, but can get this mission to work with any map.

Kremator,

Could I possibly suggest a Winter Island like Thirsk Winter? If I ever get the bugs out of I44 they have some winter stuff and I believe CWR has some?

Vengeance

I've had a look at Thirsk last night, and it MAY be a little small, but still eminently doable. Thirsk and Winter Thirsk can obviously done at the same time :)

Maybe over the weekend, once I get Tigeria out.

Hey Jedra,

@BlackMamba - of course mate. I have a list of islands STILL to complete. Those that PM or post here push themselves up that list! :D

great i think this one would be pretty enjoyable :)

UPDATE: Tigeria now complete. Couldn't use the northern and southern-most airstrips as there is a REALY problem with getting vehicles across those little mini-islands. Still action is PRETTY INTENSE across this great map.

Download link is on the first post.

Enjoy

Kremator

Kremator i love what you have done with -=BattleZone=- keep up the great work :)

It would be fantastic, if someone could make this Mission compatible with ACE. :)