Dwarden

Skype groups & other contact groups

List of any Skype groups, some are open some bit less :) (for content creation, MP and other use)

click&join + beware 0 tolerance against spam and flame

Multi-player one:

skype:?chat&blob=k7KAufjOP3asimqRpUQUEsA35HtGuMn61EcA4SW2Jf0LvK_H4sUDRDDcE_uMBiJBiA5nSpgZePUgFib3Fp57TqcfJEWc0UMgkzAB2NYh0Z_k7av0gjCNl24tXemmwVt5VMRNGuiTvPg79RBm8dU0Uc-J2LIkNK3unxrXxhchSp0Hm_Ukybq0Sx5PPCMtABvvZJeGg28U84O_AOx8-Eg-_ZvW-xpW3r3SRqYt

COOP MP channel:

skype:?chat&blob=KKbCIAFZYt6xIYPyMHExI7j3ziKM6NKR1v_hsNZ7d9aBrS_qjXlFCUtgZxvtNvDk3DkKuNVSOqUkcR-hB0PN

there is also PVP one but it went sort of 'inert' : skype:?chat&blob=aD1ERPAJG6gT4ecjW4YfDal1Ot_xZj8neJRoXTFSUyktVifqCXrV4kW0EIDgCcVOIJA3ZZszAevbKeGtN48BySRwYUbY72y6gOY4bDVMfCUbep5d4F1FG2V0CEsQSqapp1W1zn5hfDNpuXwxnU-Qp-mIIOZd5DD0YFg9XGA

Mission makers:

skype:?chat&blob=1zz9unrZJbNAxgZKX6iAt86UaPqZsfW2QbegsKqmcoyTE5XDB-SRIx324yeU0hWTge8SQjfLj8KEYFZA41ktn5L5FYzvTmeQ-YVJ7wyEc2yFEjV1q6IDDuGn98sJTFO7y5ifb4Ky3OmMAlyQHPFb6g385AevBobMxMakHAOaoMPN6OtgJYuhQfgxPxRq-CeUI4WLKxS2mHsaBOGxV2kBPZLFYm95VIl5MbA

Script makers:

skype:?chat&blob=PC3aUNtvD9To6oUiQMjnU-ECBci4R6iLTTVVJzx1QY8jol9AeWbiokiNrwC0Zl9XYPaogiMC0juUKerBqnYlQzOC-Huf6no0awFIDcnt-z3MajUggaeo3wmh_plwUcR7SAvlLTlqUv7ajoTtMjukQlvdP_kJGb2O1PWMvth-YFFoQphni0t__MfAUO6jcBWqSa-8vYldpK8jiN0oYD3iB0mXQptLocnmxe3w8-V63tHIihI

Model makers:

skype:?chat&blob=Xr71bZrbKHQtpn3ElHS3zblIYIl2YwA3o8NdiRMzTkQPw_kPaJSPDc_IOk9L0XZEqiD5YNOZ145ezfB-3vWdzUIALrQOQIyTt2BArFdd7jwzzPVqG_wyGRYE4sLqcnvKOgl83eTcHJKuLdGqp-tK24wqYcFpY2tbjnh3QzG7H03FaMnIioTB56kI3LEBQoSAXKqhfhpRWjXNlShZ9dLGKnvx6begu2QPMr4W7Iasbso1Nj4

Map makers:

skype:?chat&blob=0fX9co5RUhdVQHW6xppPGhCZ7nEB9bF6QodMXGMgItkVtXBZh1VmW___xK2TKF4beC2UpGcj46PiindI09BEFRsejVGZpcAN1IkVOiuHDS9ttYYDHRYSjC6qXzDsIyCzdoyP2sriB9QXsufSfddMirTAA2Vnr_z36p0xiyUcwcYHNzRMKv6CWTNOPB4XQ2HjFSjjTY1HYfDJ-EffZ_iLSMKq8IiLgzxsSrx8HA4

Audio (Sound&Music) makers:

skype:?chat&blob=cmB4tniSSNA-ZrxT9LzM1SiHMlnPYKYoOZ-F-TMf98t5hFhQ_y0O2NC5DUo3Lbo18Pz36XHiD6yCVRcaG07jvthlrWOyZCWsozDiWw

Arma Official Tools support discussion channel:

skype:?chat&blob=AhZK-B4doAkxq0W4yFFPlKu93P9xewAw8NYod3TUSkQaW1pGxZUzmDwDqJKwHy-OYQkP7TF2w20hGvboJwmvOIHAj6c8n1wba1wYWLHO66QVsw9AcwCm07Fqfbmulnh2pW7XNB27GBduTK2hEdtTlyXkvVr7APTO_0OCXyGyc5NLzfEeFVptVrY90UahoHPFOUiIZj5DezDBAfSmhgfVGuH6lYHu10Tf

Community Tool makers + feedback&support for these tools:

skype:?chat&blob=tY9_iilBVm2gMt-qK__OIzP_F029ZaY2U6aYxDLQvepdiLTWKB1IYqgf9iZIKbk1arh8m1fE-QyhK3arkQ7qild1HBN7wzftyvxVPWUcworDIhs-RSNjhE1o9uW6dxcmSc0xnJzX9e2SBZCv4XtV909aAixXCCUOjboPPy4JBrIBYvCV8_kT7CFnwJuCzkHLfr7s7J4nVd6dIKd5qEg32-8Kjml3ToA8tBWfW6zcspD5b1zAndruLxZ48R68X7Z-PAdS

Linux server:

skype:?chat&blob=-V0fSo5RDLcOYPyKCMn7FJHLHJIeTbuhoeRN0IUH0C54BpgB7GSbad2qU5x1nZq5F9jxqK990HVuGxXni-TxHSde-vtVq4PVuHYm6ePlRT_HU97yMKtGCNTOyPPMZWmXf9UiQ33bHrI0H8WJOjHDN2d1L-8Qa4P1UhCNh2mwWbWTtd17A5XU-vrHKl1752j_5tSmwNC_VMrCJVLDORMSMqsnJly4anFcJXOh1RlYCg1Y

Dedicated Server:

skype:?chat&blob=9iWf-72D94MKMg80F8OIuVLLjBTMijzzFD0drtMuodj1o-1XTQSQaEFjre863H7JyO1fYM94ddnbAJiChhGS0jB6pEG_Iw5HODdOAfhVefwXq3WmK78fzWOh1G6zn7g-AWceFnvJGedVc1zuLNNWqU7NxdNiTh0uonVXOXfKBLcIR8FIzGUVAtV7xlf_Umq_vqwGtF52kCVwnOfnMEX2W0R1OyD-AQ9st7Y_4yna

+ there is private one for ""veteran hosters/big GSP companies" (pm me via skype if you want take part)

details + IRC http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152378-Admins-communication-channels

channel for Six Updater / playwithSix (Sickboy's domain and from his site of SU):

skype:?chat&blob=spFuMOm5xZ96_T1qAj94g4D4Qo0BwDnXdhXXTFJUJcz3sg6w1dDnW_sWjVEc2eWu9p-J3GOKoGucR0EtNNyol16_RH1Osw8zeu1bGeF9nNe5eLu1N2wV1NwDH4uXE7uTjA5cEX_0y2J8QcQ0KxM0y2VdWK53GDgRXM_9pGqW9S1HXrkRVlVEwXeRqJLcUdGCYNjE4m77RhlnwgN2dm3huieffnf4x_xUnJY

channel for distribued AI coding and scripting (wollfy's)

skype:?chat&blob=FmYgZM57DKMPTN8nHsJjaU6kl8bKaymc2BvDKfDwfW-_1hJzVJlEOPoI1SMIvLXCrYwGEowhE52x5dzZ9Rk3GkGdW86DvCd1uwBKXzKKEysHly5T4BAbuyVaZnr-KhrOTA1R-05K0_d2LR71eqeLNur5KjFEc9AgEUt9-WO-LDxQ7HkBFeCgJU05Xm7Qf2nGppe3Dycy8I97jIe_3XMKHTXOcWYkVdu5VQ

there is channel for persistant servers issues (invite only)

there is Think Tank channel as semi open (invite only)

there is channel for these who work on BIKI (adding content to community wiki or helps moderating and so on)

skype:?chat&blob=SkyUBHl4KQDx9GQ5nonLQH12BZOelW1DNIVDdck8qSpDn-zFcFho7mnx236wOtjRcDU6yY17d8pHZzv72K_GICNpSiYyNEwWk9oc3xoRwXKFygrxK8vPxmm3NMLEjvbq2BsspE39a-CtxJuQxr8PtbLwkEUTGf49I7EtsKocjonH8qPzUY69wSDQv0J6vw5cz897WLNquY0GhXw

there is channel for Release Candidate discussion (obsolete)

there is channel for BIF moderators and staff, ofcourse not public

^ if you interested with helping just say or add me on skype

original discussion : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130898-Public-Skype-groups

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 2

updated

+addding one for sound mods/makers and music etc.

+added two tools channels

Edited by Dwarden

For Administrators to work together and exchange info

I've setup multiple ways (next to BI forum) of real-time communication :

1. IRC channel

irc.gamesurge.net #arma3server

irc://gamersurge.net/arma3server

or just use browser to get there: http://goo.gl/wm898

2. public Skype channel for all admins

(ask me to approve your right to post, new joiners can read only)

3. private Skype channel for more trusted admins

(ask me or known longer term / big admin for invite)

---

note:

any trash talk or unwanted stuff == kick / ban ...

not going to replace BIForums but more to help admins get realtime help / chat / solutions etc.

anything of shareable value shall still end posted on BIF for others to read and search

Edited by Dwarden

note: in case you trying contact me, sometimes Skype hides / cancels the request and there is no event history ... so just retry some hours / days later if I not respond to you

Edited by Dwarden

there are people on those ... ;) (tho coop is relatively less used as it's one of newest)

Mission makers one is open = The address type is unknown or unsupported

in otherwords dead link =(

what we really need here is an ArmA multiplayer scripting guru help center hotline for Armaholic Dummies group

Edited by MadM0nkey
comments edited for a better taste

links works fine ... either have properly installed skype so skype:// works for you or just copy the link and paste in skype chat and send to someone and then click on the link

thank you for the lightning speed reply with explination & I will try skype. thanks.

added channel to distribued AI coding and scripting (wollfy opened it to public now)

added BIKI related channel

HI BI, how do I add them directly to my Skype contact list? The Skype for desktop version, not the one that launches from metro in Win 8?

TIA

JSharps

nothing to do with BI, isn't it?

join channel then save it to contact list is what you are looking for.

for more info regarding skype use see here:

https://support.skype.com/en/

Thnx PuFu, I know it hasn't got anything to do with BI :). Just thought they might know how to get it to work. But anyone who answers my question is enough :).

In the map makers channel I'm getting "The host of thies conversation is currently offline. You can close this window and..." Had that for about 2 weeks now. Any ideas?

Leave the group (via menu) and try again. Wait a day or two. Skype is bugged as hell..

I'm online so it should work in worst case ask me on Skype to invite you manually to these groups but all of those groups are public/open

Hey Dwarden, I created a Skype group for german ArmA 3 editors because talking in your native language is just a bit easier. Could you add this group to your list? I could understand if you don't want to do this, because this forum should be international but you'd do me a great favor :)

seems like you can't join the open public groups until you are in my contacts, so I guess everyone must first ask me to be added ... argh

it makes no sense cause from time to time someone joins and isn't on my contact list

I would say it's bugged

I am unsure why people are using Skype for this and not using Google Hangouts or something. Like maybe Mumble or Teamspeak if not Hangouts since Skype is bugged to hell.

it's because this is like IRC but offline and ICQ and Google Talk is dead ...

and honesty after Google failing me 3 or 4 times in row on 'discussion/chat/talk' alike ...

I don't like Skype but unfortunately what was better died out

Maybe Teamspeak is an Idea? make diffrent groups for all

But i'm not referring to Google Talk. A Mumble or Teamspeak server would make even more sense since it uses minimal bandwidth. I'll throw up a 9,999 slot Mumble server for you if you want. On that server you can have EVERY group channel and be running in HD 128bit audio. You can send html links, audio, etc just like IRC but better.