Sign in to follow this  
Andy1970

crashing

Hi guys, im after some advice please

I have installed arma 2, OA & BAF & my computer gives me the option to play combined ops. Nothing wrong with that! However my game is unstable & constantly crashes & keeps telling my that Arms 2 reinforcements has stopped working!!!!!!! Ive not bought that game & when i go to the main arma screen & click on the expansions, there at the top is the reinforcements lite. If i click it i have an option to buy (i dont want to), but i cant un select it. How can i stop it from loading up & where did it come from guys. Getting really frustrated as i cant play arma with this going on.

Can someone please help?

Andy:confused:

Steam? Im not sure what you mean Charles, Ive not included steam with any of my games. The only thing that was downloaded was the BAF pack from gamers gate mate

you can buy the games from steam so thats why i was wondering :) it has other issues due to being a steam release than other versions do.

Does the Combined operations launch via a batch file or straight into the game?

It launches from the desktop short cut but i mainly use the arma launcher to launch the game mate

Im not super familiar with Arma launcher, do you have to setup the game? is it possible that you selected an option to start the game with the wrong settings so it's trying to start reinforcements?

Never ever check or uncheck anything in the expansion area ignore it completely. Don't even know why its there, I have never seen anyone messing with it have good results at all. If you want to load mods use a short cut, a batch file or a launcher. Preferably one of the latter if you are loading more than a few mods. The target line in a shortcut will only allow so many spaces even though you can write as many as you want in it, they will not all load.