Sign in to follow this  
HHwildcard

Hummer with a mounted mg-42

lol do they think were stupid

u can just shove an m2 on top of a empty hummvee in thwe editor and it will look like that

Its Real as Any other weapon That was no Empty Hummer i drove it there with that Mg on top

...and?

You can do that with any vehicle in ofp by using a very simple script but its kinda stupid as it looks bad and isnt really that perfect anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HHwildcard @ June 13 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://communities.msn.com/_Secure....mer.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

Dude...if you're using the script that I used in my Blackhawk Down mission, at least use it correctly. Lower the "Z" setting so that he's not kneeling on the roof and just his upper body is sticking out of it. That just looks terrible the way it is.

Anyways, Humvees don't mount MG-42's. That was a WWII era weapon. At least stick it on a WWII vehicle addon or something useful. It's like sticking a A10 on top of a humvee... looks terrible and isn't useful.

I already tried sticking the MK19 in a Humvee using that script and again it looks really bad because the guys ass sticks out of the humvee when the gun rotates. Plus you have a big ugly tripod sticking out inside the vehicle.

Only the M2 works with that script half-way decently.

The AGS auto-grenade launcher doesn't work either...it does something really wierd...the legs of the tripod strech all the way to the ground no matter what height I set it at.

So in other words, I don't think anyone can mount the new weapons in this manner. Best to leave it to MOD makers to do this.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 13 2002,02:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HHwildcard @ June 13 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://communities.msn.com/_Secure....mer.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

Dude...if you're using the script that I used in my Blackhawk Down mission, at least use it correctly.  Lower the "Z" setting so that he's not kneeling on the roof and just his upper body is sticking out of it.  That just looks terrible the way it is.

Anyways, Humvees don't mount MG-42's.  That was a WWII era weapon.  At least stick it on a WWII vehicle addon or something useful.  It's like sticking a A10 on top of a humvee...   looks terrible and isn't useful.

I already tried sticking the MK19 in a Humvee using that script and again it looks really bad because the guys ass sticks out of the humvee when the gun rotates.  Plus you have a big ugly tripod sticking out inside the vehicle.

Only the M2 works with that script half-way decently.  

The AGS auto-grenade launcher doesn't work either...it does something really wierd...the legs of the tripod strech all the way to the ground no matter what height I set it at.  

So in other words, I don't think anyone can mount the new weapons in this manner.  Best to leave it to MOD makers to do this.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

ehi Miles, I liked ur ur black hawk down mission alot, the only problem is that it would lag my computer most of the times. I have a p3 1.1 gz 512 of ram geforce 4 mx ty alot smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ June 13 2002,03:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ehi Miles, I liked ur ur black hawk down mission alot, the only problem is that it would lag my computer most of the times. I have a p3 1.1 gz 512 of ram geforce 4 mx ty alot smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I know. Even on my computer (1.33 ghz T-bird 256megs of RAM, 32meg TNT2 Palit Dayton video card), the frame rates are a little bit slow. I tried cutting the number of units to a bare minimum, but cutting out any more units makes the game very boring (not much action). I'm trying out a respawn script right now that works in SP games. Apparently it only works with version 1.46 and higher though...but I guess that's ok. Anyways hopefully that script will fix much of the frame rate problem as it will let me reuse the units.

The other problem is all the buildings...I'm going to try and use mostly buildings with low polygon counts to see if that helps as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NEO [PZ] @ June 13 2002,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, Miles, when will you release your BHD v2.0?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually this one will be 3.0 sorta (I had a earlier version very briefly available for like a day before I fixed it).

Bt at any rate, I'm not sure when it'll be finished. Hopefully soon. I just need to redo all the enemy units using that respawn script and that's it. I already re-did the beginning of the movie and added the MH-60 Pavehawks with the refueling probes and radar like the ones in the movie. I also added new music. I'm going to see if I can finish it by this weekend but no promises as I have a ton of other stuff going on at the moment at my university and with a recording studio. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Cant you put a Machine gun on top just like the M113?

Would be much cooler and much more realistic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkJedi @ June 14 2002,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cant you put a Machine gun on top just like the M113?

Would be much cooler and much more realistic.<span id='postcolor'>

Only using that script I used (which only works well for the M2). To make a addon with a humvee and a M2 (or MK19) as one vehicle you have to have access to the 3d model of the Humvee. Currently the only addons that are accessible to MODers with Oxygen are those models that came with the demo. In other words until BIS or someone else releases tools the decrypt the 3d models for the rest of the BIS made addons their is no way to do this short of making a Humvee from scratch that includes a gun turret that mounts various weapons (M2, M60, & MK-19).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey Miles...Sorry bout' not making a city for your mission. I made one, which was pretty much crap, and a rushed project (it took only a few hours). I was gonna try to make a second one, with courtyards and all, but my editor is FUBAR and I can't find the right addon to get walls to make courtyards...And, when you put roads in with the editor is pretty much useless, since cars dont go faster on them, like they would in the default island roads, they go the same speed...Oh well, I'll try to reinstall my OFP and try to get all this crap working, then if you still need me I'm there. Like I said, you can put LOTS of buildings in and it won't lag that bad (see those pics from my old city), that city could take 20 east AI and 50-60 west AI.

I liked the idea of putting a A-10 on top of the hummer tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UrbanMonkey @ June 14 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Miles...Sorry bout' not making a city for your mission.  I made one, which was pretty much crap, and a rushed project (it took only a few hours).  I was gonna try to make a second one, with courtyards and all, but my editor is FUBAR and I can't find the right addon to get walls to make courtyards...And, when you put roads in with the editor is pretty much useless, since cars dont go faster on them, like they would in the default island roads, they go the same speed...Oh well, I'll try to reinstall my OFP and try to get all this crap working, then if you still need me I'm there.  Like I said, you can put LOTS of buildings in and it won't lag that bad (see those pics from my old city), that city could take 20 east AI and 50-60 west AI.<span id='postcolor'>

No worries. I don't think I have to time to totally redo my BHD mission from scratch anyways. Right now I'm using a friends custom map to work on a USMC amphibious assault mission (among many other missions I'm working on). It's go a airport/ship docks that looks like something from Pearl Harbor. Plus the island has nice big mountains. Anyways...between that and trying to finish up a few other missions and do stuff in "real" life I don't have much time. Right now I'm just waiting for one of the MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird addons to come out and then I'll release the version 3.0 of my BHD mission.

But to get back on topic, ya know what would go really well on a Humvee? A TOW missle launcher. I'm surprised nobody has made a TOW missle launching system.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ June 14 2002,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I liked the idea of putting a A-10 on top of the hummer tounge.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

How about a LST?  biggrin.gif

I don't like the way that vote has gone.

It is a real picture, but it doesn't rock.