Sign in to follow this  
jasonmvt

Crash to desktop.

is anyone else having crash to desktop issues? doesnt seem to happen in ArmA2 but TOH does it alot. also, ArmA2 runs way smoother on Full settings then ToH... well... not full settings.. i do keep the draw distance down a bit.

Yes, but I'm also getting frequent CTD's in ArmA 2: CO...

My issue here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28897

ok.. so im curious how much difference there was with your graphics card upgrade. im using a gtx260 but my cpu is quadcore bulldozer 3.6ghz and i have 8 gigs ram. framrate kinda sucks on toh but not arma. was it way better??

ok.. so im curious how much difference there was with your graphics card upgrade. im using a gtx260 but my cpu is quadcore bulldozer 3.6ghz and i have 8 gigs ram. framrate kinda sucks on toh but not arma. was it way better??

Yeah, it's much better now. I was able to turn up almost all the settings, and still maintain a better framerate than before. It still bogs down every now and then (Usually gets slower the more I play. It's probably related to the crashes in some way...), so I'd recommend getting at least a 570... If you've got the money. ;)

Well I don't know if I have same problem as you guys, but here it is:

From time to time when I'm playing, the game freeze them screen goes black and then game is running again but the only thing I can see is my desktop and cursor from TOH, I can hear the game running and usualy I hear sound of crashing heli :). I wasn't paying attention to this because it was happening twice a week top, but now.... three times in a single hour!

Edited by Raxlly_CZ

I think this is your video memory buffer becoming full - you need to flush when this happens...

1. Pres the SHIFT key and the numpad minus key simultaneously.

2. Let go and then type the word FLUSH - you will see no letters, but should see an acknowledgement when you have typed them.

3. Your screen should return and you should be able to play the game.

In the graphic options, make sure that the video memory is set to normal/default - this may help clear it. If it already is, try turning down the textures.