Sign in to follow this  
celery

Opinions on manual gun cocking?

Which option would you like the most?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you like the most?

• No manual cocking
    • Manual cocking for bolt rifles and shotguns
    • Manual cocking for above and after reloading empty automatic weapons

What would you think of a Red Orchestra style (press fire to cock) manual cocking mechanic for bolt rifles and pump-action shotguns? What if it was extended to automatic weapons after reloading if the chamber is empty? I want to know the opinions specific to this kind of feature because the other thread's input was a bit diluted by the other minigame suggestions.

Note: I am not asking this in official BI capacity.

Edited by Celery

How is it done in RO?

Press fire after firing the weapon.

The 2nd option, though i prefer to tap the reload button (longer/hold reload button would be reload), pressing the fire button while not wanting to fire your gun just doesnt feel safe imo.

Indeed, part of his contract stipulates that 'manual cocking' is a NSFW topic :p

Well you just ruined this topic.

I would like to see manual cocking for the 2nd option using the fire key like in RO. Its not a bad thing to have (and as I recall it was an early version of having a safety)

Personally, I'm fine with cocking being done automatically when you load, or fire, the weapon.

Personally, I'm fine with cocking being done automatically when you load, or fire, the weapon.

what celery forgot to mention is that in RO manual cocking the bolt weapons is switchable on or off in the menu... = more options for each individual

Edited by PuFu

That and propper hand movement animations for bolt rifle reloading. (if we still have those in A3)

The third option is fine, just provide an option to enable or disable it (maybe enable it at higher difficulties) just like in RO so people are kept happy.

Only want to know if for some sniper rifle and shotgun, in ARMA3 do you reload them bullet by bullet or still a magazine?

In Arma 2 I prefer use sniper rifle, for me it will be Manual cocking for bolt rifles and shotguns.

But the three option will be great !:bounce3:

Dan;2113067']The third option is fine' date=' just provide an option to enable or disable it (maybe enable it at higher difficulties) just like in RO so people are kept happy.[/quote']

Definitely ^^ this.

This sounds like a sensible suggestion to me.

It would make the whole reloading thing more involved, and more interesting. And as long as it´s kept down to a single button, it won´t clutter the keyboard layout.

Does this also mean we get nice animations to go with the manual cycling of the action? :> (Even though you´re not asking in official capacity, I´d thought I´d poke for this...)

Why? We will be able to quickly change to a sidearm (NOT using the scroll menu) or engage in a melee attack?

I think it should ideally serve a purpose. In RO that purpose is to let you stab someone.

The third option is fine with me, as long as it can be enabled/disabled.

what celery forgot to mention is that in RO manual cocking the bolt weapons is switchable on or off in the menu... = more options for each individual

If it's optional for each individual then what the heck, fill your boots :) IMO polls for optional features are always a yes ;)

HELL YES!!!!

Manual cocking on difficulties higher than regular would be amazing. Have the ability to for instance, rack the charging handle back on an M4/M16 as an example, along with hitting the ping pong paddle on the left hand side depending on what kind of a reload you're doing. Since there's manual cocking, you could also add an animation to charge it if your weapon jams. Weapon jamming would be great!