SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

I wish Jagdpanzer and U.S. M10 anti-Tank vehicles which have been in work could be released in the new verison 2.7.

Edited by Fkymplbo

Will 2.7 have new aircraft, or just performance/gameplay tweeks to the existing ones?

Yes there will be a few new units as shown in the promo's.

I wish Jagdpanzer and U.S. M10

The Jagdpanzer isn't a WIP production model but a model a member had, hence the sudden fully textured model screenshots that appeared, however no one has had time to produce the necessary LOD's so its unlikely this unit will get in game. The M10 however is something that has been developed in house, we had hoped to include it in 2.66 but it just was not ready. If at all possible it will be slipped into 2.7 though.

Hello devs! any plans to add a new side such as the Red Army?

p.s

The sound of firing MP40 and MP44 will be replaced by a more original? I know from films and commercials from youtube that mp40 and mp44 does not sound like in your modifications.Cuz your sound of firing mp40 and mp44 sounds like heavy weapon like BAR

Edited by Siberian_Cossack

Hello devs! any plans to add a new side such as the Red Army?

No. read below

Re: Eastern Front

Postby [i44]Pac » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:25 pm

As we've said a few times, there are no plans to cover the eastern front anytime soon, the extra resources required equate to a full mod teams worth of work, and with products like Iron Front and Red Orchestra 2 available there's really little point in us trying to match the quality of a commercial title as we simply do not have the resources for such a project. Whereas we can expand the factions we currently have already much easier with areas on the Western front we haven't yet covered (or at least recently) such as Italy and Holland campaigns which wouldn't require nearly as much new content as an Eastern front campaign would. That being said we still have plenty left to do on the current areas and units before we push for anything else like Market Garden.

[i44]Pac

Just reporting back on my problem....

I think I traced the problem to 2 issues - a) a corrupt @CBA file (third time's the charm on re-install. I also have an older version/duplicate of @CBA in my arma folder - I'm not sure how Play with Six was choosing which version to use (the one in my docs or arma folder), or whether the two where being amalgamated ? Down to my ignorance of Six setup (I WOULD choose to try a new mod & a new install method at the same time! :p) at any rate. b) I had some older versions of the MP missions left from an earlier install which had slipped my attention - obviously not very compatible with the new version (head slap). That said I still notice a big difference in fps with the Bolt animations module enabled/disabled...

@CBA_OA only if you run A2OA older stable/official patch
- curious to know which of the @CBA family that the Six installer uses - does it automatically match my version to launch options ?
1) leave VD @ 2500m for now (only increase once your framerates are acceptable)

2) I'd increase AF to very high (it costs almost nothing & improves textures)

3) I'd disable AA (its less efficient than SMAA)

4) lower terrain to normal

5) change PPAA to SMAA Normal (you can increase it later to Very High)

6) increase post-proc to low & use the noBlur mod

Wow, I never realised the difference SMAA made. View distance cranked up to 6k now & nice & smooth...even better performance/quality than I was getting from the base game previously.

Thanks domokun & NoRailgunner, you nailed it !

I found the strange behavior of crews of the Armor even from earlier I44 versions up to now. Not sure the issue is just for me or a bug.

The crews would stand up straightly and move like in the mode of 'Safe' after they escaped from the destroyed tanks. Such behavior could keep on all time even under enemy's fire. When you put a tank as the commander of an infantry squad, such 'safe' mode could be for all soldiers too. When the tank was ruined and the crews came out, all squad would move in a Safe mode even under the attack.

I found the strange behavior of crews of the Armor even from earlier I44 versions up to now. Not sure the issue is just for me or a bug.

The crews would stand up straightly and move like in the mode of 'Safe' after they escaped from the destroyed tanks. Such behavior could keep on all time even under enemy's fire. When you put a tank as the commander of an infantry squad, such 'safe' mode could be for all soldiers too. When the tank was ruined and the crews came out, all squad would move in a Safe mode even under the attack.

You aren't the only one. I have had the same issue for a while now.

I would guess that's because most tank crews carry only pistols and therefore limited to pistol animations and stances.

Maybe, but when I tried to use the crews from some other Mod, it seems I didn't encounter such things although they also carried pistols. Would try to test more by letting your crews equip with SMGs.

I have a few things to write down...

1. How the hell do i turn on things like SMAA (Launching through play withy six) (I dont seem to find it in the graphics menu ingame)

Another thing, a solution for "limbs ripped off" would be only have limbs being blown off when someone is dead, changing "dead model" to one without for example, an arm....That way, you dont need to create a whole new item, arm (Also, the arm wont lay on the ground, or anywhere...)

I dont think they would spend any time making the bloody animations like ' limbs ripped off' unless the original Arma2 had presented those. But at least, maybe could consider making the helmets, hats and other headgears flying off when getting hit on heads...

I have a problem, I'm working on flying mission but when I put emty vehicles on map I can not bailout, to be precise I can bailout but parachute disappears after a few seconds. And then follows the freefall.

Sorry guys, ignore my previous post; I44 has nothing to do with my problem. Some other addons create a mess in my game.

Excuse the radio silence since release, been taking some downtime after that last crazy non-stop rush of patches. Feedbacks been relatively quiet so hopefully that means it mostly worked :D

Would it be rude of me to ask when the M-10 tank destroyer will be released? the model is seemingly finished since april 2012

While the high poly version of the model is pretty far along, that still leaves a lot of work to be done before its actually workable ingame. It very doubtful we'll be seeing it in for ArmA2 at this stage though if at all possible we will squeeze it in. It will DEFINITELY be in the A3 version whatever the case :)

and any more updates on the planes Gnat made?

Gnat's been a bit busy with moving house so 2.7 has suffered a bit of a delay as he is the sole developer working on it. With the last patch released though most content in I44 is pretty much final so when ready all active hands will be there to help get the content into I44 fully and released to you guys. But as ever it'll be when its ready and we can't guarantee when that will be unfortunately.

Two maybe stupid questions :1) Cant be somehow edited I44 like if it will supporst Squad.xml ? (too see logo on Jeep or tank etc) 2)Cant be added like some special section with MP armband and to Airborne uniforms Medic Armband ..i would really welcome this ....as big fan and player Invasion 1944

1 & 2 ) Afraid not, none of the units were designed with support of those features and to add them now would be an overwhelmingly huge tasks to cover all models without even starting on the vehicles, there's also no appropriate place to position them that would fit historically. It is something we're considering for A3.

I had a small question to ask. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a standalone version of the churchill tank. If this is not the right thread myapologies.

V/R

tank nut

I have a problem, I'm working on flying mission but when I put emty vehicles on map I can not bailout, to be precise I can bailout but parachute disappears after a few seconds. And then follows the freefall.
Sorry guys, ignore my previous post; I44 has nothing to do with my problem. Some other addons create a mess in my game.

Can you please specify what addons were conflicting? We have the same issue with parachutes since the last mod patch but we have been using constant mod collection alltogether with I44. No problems untill now.

What did you remove from your Arma that fixed the parachutes?

Attacking B-17's with an Me410 firing the bad-ass BK-5 is bloody awesome :D

..... but you only have 22 rounds so you have to be real careful on line-up ;)

Progress3a.jpg

Sounds immersive. Thank you. The P51-D is my love bird.

In the mean time:

What I can confirm from my personal tests is that adding Pacific mod to the mods line altogether with I44 causes the parachutes to dissapear after the drop. At this point it is a conflicting mod, sorry.

If you want a parachute in HIP, take one with you ;)

(and don't forget the workaround for a BIS-bug for pilots & crews mentioned in the manual)

btw: HIP and I44 are not compatible at all.

Really looking forward to 2.7! :)

Cheers,

D.

Maybe I could take back the "conflicting mod" part of my post, all because of lack of answer to my previous question about what removed the parachutes.

All you have to do when using both mods is to keep in mind one can influence other in certain ways.

Such as if you have a I44 mission to be played along with Pacific mod you might want to add this to the units:

this addBackPack "WX_us_parachute_backpack";

Our dedicated server seems to work fine with both mods as they are.