SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Most likely an outdated version of CBA that doesn't work with the latest patches, or possible (but unlikely) you haven't put the wounding module down...

i44moddb3.jpg

17495.png

Invasion 1944 v2.66 Released!

V2.66 Changelog-

- [2.66] NEW Parachute module for automated removal (No module = no parachutes on ground, Module = parachutes on ground, default is to disappear after 5 minutes, Module w/ init line "I44_parachute_life = XXX;" - parachute on ground, disappears after XXX seconds, Module w/ init line "I44_parachute_life = -1"; - parachute on ground, does not disappear
- [2.66] NEW 2D/3D scope switching for all 3D scope enabled rifles
- [2.66] NEW SdKfz 124 Wespe added to GE Heer - Armor
- [2.66] NEW Tiger textures
- [2.66] NEW Bunker + Trench objects on Omaha_v2
- [2.66] NEW Omaha_v2 Updated with WN stations and more roads
- [2.66] NEW Construction system overhauled (increased build time, proper foxhole available)
- [2.66] NEW Construction engineer value added (I44_BG_builder true/false enables non-engineer classed units to build heavy items)
- [2.66] NEW MG42 Bipod for tobruk bunkers added
- [2.66] NEW German General added to GE Heer faction
- [2.66] NEW Pak40 Pintle Casemate static added (for placement inside bunkers, limited 60 degree turning arc)
- [2.66] NEW New rounds for Sherman and M1 AT guns (such as Canister shot)
- [2.66] NEW ANTI-TURNOVER TANK v1.0, By Miguel Rodriguez (mgllgm@hotmail.com - Murcielago_ESP) added to Armor Module
- [2.66] NEW Hull turn towards enemy script for Arma 2 by schaefsky added to Armor Module

- [2.66] FIXED Various animation source missing errors
- [2.66] FIXED Transparent helmets + gear
- [2.66] FIXED Panther hull turning transparent in smoke
- [2.66] FIXED Sherman Firefly turned out rotation
- [2.66] FIXED Churchill fire geometry
- [2.66] FIXED Mines not damaging armored vehicles
- [2.66] FIXED Tank max speeds 
- [2.66] FIXED Tanks damage reverting to full when hit
- [2.66] FIXED Mortar roadway area reduced
- [2.66] FIXED Parachute far LOD color
- [2.66] FIXED Static objects (bunkers, foxholes, trenches) improved geometry + pathways
- [2.66] FIXED AI base skill levels improved 
- [2.66] FIXED Many classnames corrected/added for map objects
- [2.66] FIXED Many tank geometry's fixed
- [2.66] FIXED Belgian Gates (element C's) no longer produce house rubble when destroyed

MP Missions:
[NEW]
I44_COOP_Easy_Red_1-64_v2-66.I44_Omaha_v2  - Brand new 64 player Co-op, players are tasked with capturing and clearing the WN stations along Easy Red Beach on D-Day. Should see much better performance than previous D-Day missions!

[uPDATED]
All Battlegrounds C&H updated to v2.66 with the following changes:
-TPW Suppression updated to latest release 
-Teleport to squad leader available from ALL flags
-Construction added, assault and engineer classes have shovels which can be used for building defensive objects, only engineers can build sandbags and hedgehogs
-Rebalanced vehicle selection on all maps
-Removed crew check due to performance issues, vehicle spawn locations adjusted 
-Markers should now only appear on Recruit/Regular difficulty modes
-Diary updated with accurate information and tips on gameplay
-Weapon loadouts overhauled for better balance and mix of equipment
-Lots of performance improvements for scripts should see much better server FPS

NOTE: Two versions of the 100 player C&H Omaha Invasion mission included, v2.66a with landing sequence, and v2.66b with Rangers starting on the beach. Version 2.66a is the intended version, but in case landing sequence degrades performance v2.66b has been included.

KNOWN ISSUES: Older missions set on Omaha beach may not function correctly/at all with the updated map, use old missions at your own risk!

-Download and Installation-

Click the button below for instructions on how to download and install Invasion 1944 using Play withSix:

forumsignsml.png

Archive versions available on Armaholic and soon on ModDB.

Invasion 1944 v2.666 Hotfix!

V2.666 Changelog-

- [2.666] FIXED Armor module debugging visible

v2.666 Hotfix on Armaholic.

Edited by PacUK

When using the tank +Additional effects module, when I hit a tank with either bazooka or cannon, I can't help but note the spam of scripts in chat. Are these supposed to be there so you can adjust or something, or a slight mistake?

Everything else seems good though.

i44moddb3.jpg

17495.png

Invasion 1944 v2.666 Hotfix!

V2.666 Changelog-

- [2.666] FIXED Armor module debugging visible

Click the button below for instructions on how to download and install Invasion 1944 using Play withSix:

forumsignsml.png

Archive versions available on Armaholic and ModDB.

Edited by PacUK
hotfix release

Most likely an outdated version of CBA that doesn't work with the latest patches, or possible (but unlikely) you haven't put the wounding module down...

I figured it out Pac, somehow the control for the gui when you press tab was reset and the custom control for 17 was at default which is Q,

i changed it back to tab and the gui works again.

Congrats on the new update!

Just a note to say I forgot to make mention of the brand new willy's jeep in 2.66(6) now I'm off to spoon my brain back into my earhole from whence it has leaked.

Good update as always :-) keep up the good stuff just 3 things

1st maybe im blind but my tiger looks the same as before the patch^^

and

2nd any plans to fix the tracks for the tiger? pic1 pic2

and btw i get a Script error when starting with Armor module (edit: i also get this without Armor module) pic

hope this helps somehow ^^

edit: also found a bug with the 30cal on the us jeep in the First person view you dont move with the MG .... 1p-view 3p-view

idk if you already know about this so i just post this

so bug hunt end time for playing :-P

Edited by rAMMY

Please report issues like these on Dev-Heaven so we can track and fix them. I believe it was the camo tiger texture that was updated by Snorri.

The tiger (see ALL tanks) tracks aren't something we can do too much about that I'm aware of and definitely not something for ArmA2 at this late stage of the game. In reality it would be digging that terrain up out of the ground which isn't exactly something the engine can handle.

The script error with the Armor module is fixed with the 2.666 hotfix.

im still getting script error in RPT file for armor module

Error in expression <me == "light_r")) then {
exit
};

DEB10(_shellDamage,_effctvArmor,_armorDefeat,>
 Error position: <(_shellDamage,_effctvArmor,_armorDefeat,>
 Error Missing ;
File x\Inv44\addons\I44_scripts_vehicles\s\sys_damage\fnc_tankDamage.sqf, line 2212

also when I place module since it has this issue, all tanks are indestructible. without module they are fine. I had 3 shermans and 3 tigers that eventually met at waypoint and all sat in circle shooting each other for 20 min and not 1 of them blew up. without module it was no contest : )

and this is with hotfix 2.666..

update: this error looks to be a simple fix. looks as if the debug 5 & 10 were not blocked off - //

DEB5(_side,_selectionName,_curDamage,_damage,_shellminimum)
DEB10(_shellDamage,_effctvArmor,_armorDefeat,_distance,_shellInteg,_bursterIntact,_bursterInteg,_bursterSize,_kineticEnergy,_bae)

all other debugs look like

//DEB5(_side,_selectionName,_curDamage,_damage,_shellminimum)
//DEB10(_shellDamage,_effctvArmor,_armorDefeat,_distance,_shellInteg,_bursterIntact,_bursterInteg,_bursterSize,_kineticEnergy,_bae)

Edited by Nimrod_Z

Same. Even 76mm, rockets, and 57mm cannon won't even put a dint in the Panzer II!

Strangely, while rockets hurt the Hanomag somewhat, the 57mm easily desimated it, as far as halftracks go.

I'm sorry fellas. It's my fault for being lazy. Nimrod_z you were very close to what it was. If you're able, just comment out those lines and that'll fix it. The problem was with the macros stuff at the beginning.

The fixed version will be released with some other small fixes to other things as well.

Edited by animosity242
additional info

Looks like we'll be pumping out another small patch in the next couple of days to tidy up the few odd bugs so please be sure to report anything you can on dev-heaven, this will purely be a small sharp bug-fix.

In the meantime did anyone try Easy-Red yet? Curious to see what people think of the new defences on Omaha :D

Hey guys, your work is getting better every patch =D

But, after yesterday's hotfix, the tanks are impossibles to destroy. I want to know if this is only happening to me, before posting anything of dev-heaven .

Think I'm facing the same issue.

The error found in the RPT:

Error in expression <me == "light_r")) then {exit

};

DEB10(_shellDamage,_effctvArmor,_armorDefeat,>

Error position: <(_shellDamage,_effctvArmor,_armorDefeat,>

Error ; missing

File x\Inv44\addons\I44_scripts_vehicles\s\sys_damage\fnc_tankDamage.sqf, line 2212

Gonna be honest, while i don't use this mod, i have DLed it again to check it out, honestly, hats off for the new Willys, its freaking gorgeous :D

Looks like we'll be pumping out another small patch in the next couple of days to tidy up the few odd bugs so please be sure to report anything you can on dev-heaven, this will purely be a small sharp bug-fix.

In the meantime did anyone try Easy-Red yet? Curious to see what people think of the new defences on Omaha :D

After 2 hours of studious testing I can report:

a) landing craft will not move if hosted on dedicated server (works fine on a local server)

b) AI tend to bottle neck at landing zone (I've often seen a dozen of them stuck there, maybe due to proximity of multiple ammo crates?)

c) no armour on either side!?

d) squad members tend to get stuck on the AT bunkers

e) teleport option makes it too easy?

f) why limit AI to 64? I had max view distance (8km) and highest setting (under H menu) and still ran at 45 fps

Other than that it's absolutely marvellous: MG42 snorting, arty pounding, men screaming, argh the chaos!

I finally feel that your mission does justice to this majestic map.

Looking forward to testing it in coop later this week.

Minor detail, would it be possible to add some ambient sound effects? e.g. wind? as we're down on the beach, it'd provide a nice counter-point during the occasional lulls.

Oh and an even smaller detail is that by default the Debug Mode is On, which is a pain because each time you start you need to deactivate unless you want your screen to be flooded with blue text (so could you make it so that the default option is OFF?)

Edited by domokun

After 2 hours of studious testing I can report:

a) are you sure you waited long enough? I didn't have time to produce new intros and the boats start on a delay

b) the mp missions aren't really designed for the AI, a2's AI isn't the brightest at navigating its hard enough getting them off the boat :D

c) either side? bit confused what misison you mean, COOP Easy Red? There are some light armored cars inland but there were no actual tanks on the german side in that area of france in the early days of the invasion. While the american forces had trouble getting their armour onto the beach as far as my research has revealed only a handful of tanks made it ashore while the sea-wall defenses were still active and intact, and those that did make landfall, fewer made it off the beach itself. So I kept the focus on this as an all out infantry engagement, pushing cooperation and making use of the varied weapon loadouts to combat the various defences.

d) again AI navigation isn't something we can do much about even with detailed pathing they still get lost and stuck

e) open to debate on this, as it requires the squad leader it really depends how good your squad leader is, if they are rushing out in front etc its not very useful, while a good SL means people can instantly get back into the fight without having to walk up half a mile of empty already cleared beach to catch up to people who are still pushing forward.

f) its limited to 64 for one reason, to keep it runing at 45 FPS! More players means more of a load, but also it requires more enemies to engage, without them it becomes far too easy, so more active enemy AI increases the load even further, to which things can quickly spiral out of control. As I don't have 63 playtesters to jump on a server anytime I made any kind of change, so just had to estimate how a server would handle things with a full player complement.

-Extra sound effects: I left out canned ambient sounds as a test, I had them on the old version and they not only added to the system load but they also grind after a while if they aren't long enough. Having heard the ones we have for the best part of a few years I really couldn't abide hearing the same gunshots in the distance, instead favouring the actual sounds of the units fighting, as there are now friendly DAC spawns landing it gives the player more of a signal of where the fighting is going on.

-Debug: small oversight I'll try and address this in the quickee hotfix

M1919A4 its same like M1919A6 (A6 Paratrooper version..missing Stock and Bipod)

I did make mention of this somewhere already, but yes, due to some issues with the model and an upcoming replacement model it was switched out unfortunately Babylonjoke's replacement 30 cal wasn't ready in time for the patch so it got stuck in placeholder conditions. Should see it replaced in 2.7 if not before.

Thanks all for your feedback, apologies for the small bugs that snuck in, truly infuriating for me after packing and uploading a GB patch to see they'd crept in. Should have a small patch out shortly to address these very soon.

a) how long was I supposed to wait? because there was no wait with the local server

b) actually the AI disembark surprisingly well. at one point I got stuck behind one and was injured (by the LCVP I think). at the time it annoyed me but then I figured that was probably quite realistic. what I meant was why were the AI just standing around on the beach? they weren't stuck in the LCVP. maybe it was because of the numerous ammo crates. so maybe the ammo crates could be moved further up the beach and/or spaced further apart?

c) COOP Easy Red. I mentioned it because in the A&C versions there are half a dozen light tanks on the beach. I didn't realise that historically so few made it. so how about 1 or 2 light tanks? at least it would give those AT bunkers something to fire at! you could even have a few hulks submerged, in the surf or even burnt-out on the beaches, suggesting the failed attempts but denying them to players

d) how about increasing the size of the squads? to say 8-10 men? (currently 4 IIRC) moreover this appears to be historically accurate. that would help solve some of the "zombie AI" issues as well as offering a blood pool in which to respawn, rather than simply respawning at the landing zone (maybe you respawn in your squad until you have no more squad members, in which case you respawn at the landing zone or you have no more respawn, i.e. perma death)

e) see above

f) how about opening the mission up to the max (100?) and letting people deactivate AI if they find performance is too bad? if not, can I edit the mission to increase AI numbers?

Ambient sound effects, you're right about background gun sounds, but I was more thinking of something more subtle, i.e. sea (on LCVP), surf (beach), wind (beachhead).

Looking forward to the hotfix (I understand your frustration ;)

a) The boats should set off about 1 minute after mission start but the script processing leading up to that activation will depend on the speed and load of the server hosting. I didn't have any problems with the boat starting on our hosted dedicated server. Not saying they are perfect scripts (far from it) but I didn't encounter any problem with the boats not starting in my last tests so they *should* work. Will go over it again with the next patch to ensure it works. Basically you are waiting for DAC to spawn all units and waypoints, the boats won't start until that is complete (otherwise you can enter areas that won't trigger and therefore sit idle for the rest of the mission) and that is entirely dependant on the servers speed.

b) Bear in mind that landing script has been through about 20 revisions over what 2-3 years+, so they should be getting off the boats as smoothly as is possible by now, and have yet to see an improvement on it. What the AI will NOT do is go further than the barbwire along the shingle. They have no way to blow holes in it (that would require more scripting and put even more of a load on the server) and again as this is COOP really they should all be players, the few waypoints AI do have is just to get them clear of the actual landing area. Even with holes in the wire AI struggles to navigate past it, often they'll end up walking through the objects.

c) Players generally run straight for the vehicles, on this map that makes them instantly become the priority target for all weapons pointed towards the beach, they also make it very easy to circle around defenses going up the beach to where AI isn't active yet or just isn't present. The beach in real life was literally littered with mines with more inland, also those obstacles on the beach would in reality also be mined and had to have routes cleared off the beach before armor could even be landed safely. It was going to be an objective to clear routes which would spawn vehicless if players managed it but this is a pretty heavy script to put in place so I wanted to ensure the mission was stable with 64 players before adding even more to lag the mission out.

d) The squad size was limited by the original use of the F2 template setup most of which was abandoned for this update by which point all 64 units had been setup with squad dependant initialisations so its a good couple of hours work rejigging all that to work again if units are reallocated to different squad setups. The zombie AI really is not a concern for me, the mission isn't intended for a handful of players it was meant for full servers that usually only run Domination due to the lack of high number player missions so was only really intended for full or almost full player slots. Trying to script it for both solo/low number play as well as large numbers is just too much work when I'm also the only person doing bugfixes on the mod itself during production :)

e)Not sure a larger squad would really change this too much other than making more players dependant on one person, who could quite possibly be an idiot (high chances of that on a public server).

f) Servers generally aren't run by an admin 100% of the time, as they are required to disable AI slots, this really would only end up in having more dumb AI sat around getting in the way, and sharpshooting enemies from the beach giving the players less to do. As said before it would also require many more enemies on the map increasing the load exponentially with each added player. As I would have no way to test this without doing it publicly and then probably still struggle to find that number of people playing the mod at the same time, the effort really isn't worth the headaches and development time for me personally.

Ambient sounds again would need to be of such quality that you don't notice the loop and the script didn't interfere and reacted accordingly to the players positions. As thats not what the mission was about I prefer not to expend the resources on a minor detail that for the most part has no real impact on the gameplay other than to soften the rather empty soundscape. If this were a commerical game and my only job was to do this mission I could expend the time on these little details. But with the pile of work I already have to do these smaller features just have to be sacrificed for there to be any new missions at all.

Hope that clears up the answers some :)

Edit: Just thought I'd add really appreciate the extensive feedback on it, the mission is by no means final in my eyes I'd love to do more if time allows or see what others can do with it as a base to work from. Will be trying to test a few bits today once all the other bits of the hotfix are ready so can hopefully patch it a little bit here and there ;)

Edited by PacUK

Terrific updated patch! Thanks for all your hard work, guys. It's the best WWII mod for the western front!

Edited by Fkymplbo

Ok I think we have nearly everything fixed now code and model wise. I'll be running some final tests over the next 24 hours or so and hopefully have everything in this last 'hotfix' packed up and ready for release to get you guys all back on track for the weekend! Thanks again for your patience and support!