SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Well I'm not sure what the latest beta steam is running but if it is the latest version then you are using an outdated CBA which is most likely the cause. You can check your build number in the bottom right corner on the main menu title screen. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO

BTW When you post your RPT file. Please delete your existing RPT first and boot a clean one with the error, otherwise its just a mash of everytime you ran ArmA2 since the last time the file was created (or auto wiped due to size).

rgr that

status update, problem solved:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@CBA_CO;@JayArma2lib;@ACRE;@I44;@Zcommon

works just fine :)

Edited by Bonko the Sane

New video I made a few weeks ago that I just got around to writing an AAR for. Massive, scattered para drop in the beginning. Hope you guys enjoy it.

It may interest some of you (and anger many others) to know that a small team have developed an I44 version of DayZ that is now available details and downloads available on our forums here.

I just want to say that before next weekend i plan to release two SP mini campaigns for I44 mod (1st for British paratroopers-4 missions, 2nd for German infantry-probably 3-4 missions). I also plan to update my I44 mission pack(add few new missions) but im not sure if i will have enough free time in next couple of days. :)

Look forward to seeing them! Good luck, reworking a few missions myself for the new Omaha updates. Which leads me on to these lovely renders from an old member who recently rejoined the team, Boomrang has been hard at work on some new decorations for the map and a new tobruk bunker, screenshots are over on our forums here.

I have 1 question. Is there a easy and fast way to add german voice to player unit (for setidentity and cfgidentity in description.ext)? Something like male01GER etc?

Look forward to seeing them! Good luck, reworking a few missions myself for the new Omaha updates. Which leads me on to these lovely renders from an old member who recently rejoined the team, Boomrang has been hard at work on some new decorations for the map and a new tobruk bunker, screenshots are over on our forums here.

cool! 8) Looks like the right guy to tackle the foxholes and make them somewhat more AI friendly! (...at least that would relieve me from that task..:D )

I have 1 question. Is there a easy and fast way to add german voice to player unit (for setidentity and cfgidentity in description.ext)? Something like male01GER etc?

Really couldn't say our languages are set at the base faction level and I'm not sure if the language set can be applied through identities best bet is check the BI wiki and other scripting resources.

Looks like the right guy to tackle the foxholes and make them somewhat more AI friendly!

Think you missed the post, I sorted those already they now have AI paths and and positions, have been working fine in tests! It seems impossible to get the AI to work on terrain placed trench objects though, despite navigating them fine with waypoints as placed mission items. The ArmA2 engine just wasn't designed for that kind of detailed navigation so we'll just have to work with what we have.

Maybe using and customizing RUGDSAI german, would do the trick. malexxger just gives you the known radio voice, which is used for all germans alike. Personally I do like the voice sentences from RUGDSAI german not that much, since they´re more of that funny Hollywood style, but looks like customization is not that difficult and also described by the addon maker.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

While beeing at voice topic, ...what actually causes an AI unit in i44 to lower voice pitch by half, when it can´t path find to a certain place, when ordered to?

@PacUK

you're prabobly right, few months ago i was trying to use male01ger, male01_ger or something like this. But they didn't work so prabobly your mod use different name for that or like you write it's not set on faction level. In worst case (player) teamleader will speak english, rest of team german. But IMO this is not a big problem ;)

@RknHarry/PacUK thx for answers.

Think you missed the post, I sorted those already they now have AI paths and and positions, have been working fine in tests! It seems impossible to get the AI to work on terrain placed trench objects though, despite navigating them fine with waypoints as placed mission items. The ArmA2 engine just wasn't designed for that kind of detailed navigation so we'll just have to work with what we have.

Thanks, I remember. Do you know if this micro path finding is related to the map terrain grid? So is it more easy to navigate to small places on a resolution 5 (or smaller) map, than a standard 10? Now that I write, I could actually test on the bulge map, which has that small grid....

Edit: I remember the AI has big problems with uneven and steep slopes within that terrain mesh made trenches, so having a flat and even base would obviously be another prerequisite for finding a viable path. But even with the well made IFL44 trenches, problems are the same (for AI). Maybe it´s size of collison meshes to fit together, ..can´t tell.

I understand, that the trench and related objects need to be of a minimum size for any movements (within), so slit trenches and foxholes are generally out of question. The minimum size, needs to allow a soldier to have space for proper crouching stance, as otherwise there will be object intersection, which causes the AI to shoot and get shot at through the object mesh. That´s at least from my observations.

Edited by RknHarry

For reference its:

languages[] = {"GER"};

While beeing at voice topic, ...what actually causes an AI unit in i44 to lower voice pitch by half, when it can´t path find to a certain place, when ordered to?

Not a clue, always figured its an ArmA2 thing.

so i am thinking to buy ARMA 2 and getting this mod installed, but i need to clarify a few things.

1. the single player consists of 10 missions, are they all from one side??

2. can i get user made missions from some place??

3. Which german tanks and TDs are in game atm???

4. Is the MP alive of this game or not?

thanks

1. No, there are missions for Germans, USA.

2. You can download user made missions from Armaholic or from Invasion 44 mission repository. I released SP mission pack with 10 mission. In next few days i will release 1 new campaign (if i will have time i release also 2nd campaign).

Ps: you can also play coop missions in SP :)

3. Panzer , IV, V, VI, STUG and many more armored vehicles.

4. Yes.

1. the single player consists of 10 missions, are they all from one side??

2. can i get user made missions from some place??

3. Which german tanks and TDs are in game atm???

4. Is the MP alive of this game or not?

I think Tom covered most of those pretty well but here's some official answers.

1. No, there's also missions from the British and German perspective.

2. Lots of places, Gunter has also set up a repository for I44, Hell in the Pacific and Iron Front here http://www.missionrepository.com/

3. Panzer II, IV D, IV G, V, VI B, VI E, StuG/H, Hetzer, plus many more armored cars and variants.

4. We had over 500 players on about 90 servers according to play with six the other day. There are numberous COOPS and PVP missions included, as well as community produced missions such as Domination, Wasteland and DayZ:I44. So yes, very much alive and growing. There are also many I44 specific groups as well as many A2 groups that actively play I44 as well. http://www.82ndairborne.us/ have well over 100 members active as a pure I44 group.

The primary LOD is all ready to go but we haven't yet had time to LOD it, or config it into Animosity's armor system. I imagine it will slip in at somepoint but can't be sure when that will be.

I just want to say that before next weekend i plan to release two SP mini campaigns for I44 mod (1st for British paratroopers-4 missions, 2nd for German infantry-probably 3-4 missions). I also plan to update my I44 mission pack(add few new missions) but im not sure if i will have enough free time in next couple of days. :)

Quality. Just what I44 needs; campaigns, preferably COOP. Hidden & Dangerous here we come!

@domokun

Unfortunately i don't know how to make coop so all my missions/campaigns are SP.

Yesterday i finished testing that small campaign for British soldiers. Now im working on German campaign on winter Neaville map.

Ps: these will be simple campaigns without big story with short/simple cutscenes. Campaign lengt should be 2,5-4 hours. 3rd campaign will be for US soldiers on Omaha map.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I have now few days of free time so maybe i will finish all 3 of them.

I be back in home prabobly Sunday evening. I will release them them. Here on forum and on armaholic.

@domokun

Unfortunately i don't know how to make coop so all my missions/campaigns are SP.

Yesterday i finished testing that small campaign for British soldiers. Now im working on German campaign on winter Neaville map.

Ps: these will be simple campaigns without big story with short/simple cutscenes. Campaign lengt should be 2,5-4 hours. 3rd campaign will be for US soldiers on Omaha map.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I have now few days of free time so maybe i will finish all 3 of them.

I be back in home prabobly Sunday evening. I will release them them. Here on forum and on armaholic.

To learn how to make COOP missions, I can suggest contacting members who've made many COOP missions, e.g. Bardosy, SaOK, AnimalMother92, shark-attack, W0lle, Celery, Psychobastard, B00tsy, Iceman77, etc.

Let me know if I can help you with script writing and/or voice-overs (Brit, French).

Just wanted to say this mod is brilliant, thankyou!

also I made a little video of some dogfighting in the P-51 (mostly)

Hi, i just released new wersion of my mission pack for I44:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142797-SP-Invasion1944-tom3kb-s-I44-SP-Mission-Pack

I added 3 new missions.

I also released my first simple campaign for I44:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147289-CAMP-SP-Invasion-1944-Paratroopers

Unfortunately campaigns for Germans and US soldiers are still WIP, I had problems with my computer in last few days.

Edited by tom3kb

Congratulations on new release, guys! Iron Front passed away, but you're still there like before.

Congratulations on new release, guys! Iron Front passed away, but you're still there like before.
To be honest Iron Front was never up to the quality of I44, keep up the great work guys :)