SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

I have a suggestion to the guys that run the 82nd Airborne server to not run Domination on CHERANUS island.

Let me explain. I does not make any sens that you run that OLD boring map with russian present time with INV44.

That old horrible boring island has nothing to do with the INV44 mod and if a player for the first time play the mod that is not how the first impression should be!!

The INV44 mod team has spent alot of free time to release the new update with NEW ISLANDS that has been fixed and optimized for better game play.

My personal opinion is that it is almost a little sassy.

I could just think of our mod hell in the pacific be release and some one set up a sever with hell in the pacific mod on Cheranus. That would make me really upset. But still you can do what you like, play domination on cheranus if you all like it, I cant stop you. I just wanted to say my personal opinion in runing INV44 on cherauns island.

Enjoy the INV44 mod :)

Now I haven't played Inv44 in a while, so this could be irrelevant these days, but back when I played there were no new islands big enough to suit Domination to be honest. So that could explain why people were playing it on Cherna.

Hey guys, something I noticed when playing the other day: Under the British Airborne Troops, there is a unit titled "Commando" who, when in game, is missing textures for his upper torso. Couldn't figure out why (when I was playing as Germans) these guys were so hard to spot haha. Also, I searched the thread and didn't see it asked anywhere but do you think that you'll ever include Italian forces or Germans from the Italian theater?

Here's one more video of 2.62 gameplay, much more action than the last one. It picks up around 11:05. I love this mod, haven't been able to stop playing it lately. Hope you guys enjoy.

My neighbor and I are collecting research, maps, building architecture of the era, to build an Anzio map. Though some of the units that participated in those invasions aren't all 101st ABD, or the 29th, and the German armor may be off in color, the invasion did happen in 1944.

Speaking of that....PacUK, I've sent two PM's that you asked me to do....cheers!

I have a suggestion to the guys that run the 82nd Airborne server to not run Domination on CHERANUS island.

Let me explain. I does not make any sens that you run that OLD boring map with russian present time with INV44.

That old horrible boring island has nothing to do with the INV44 mod and if a player for the first time play the mod that is not how the first impression should be!!

The INV44 mod team has spent alot of free time to release the new update with NEW ISLANDS that has been fixed and optimized for better game play.

My personal opinion is that it is almost a little sassy.

I could just think of our mod hell in the pacific be release and some one set up a sever with hell in the pacific mod on Cheranus. That would make me really upset. But still you can do what you like, play domination on cheranus if you all like it, I cant stop you. I just wanted to say my personal opinion in runing INV44 on cherauns island.

Enjoy the INV44 mod :)

See post #868

Have look on previous posts please ! I spent a lot of free time too...

Now if you open your eyes you will see there are some missions made by Invasion44 team on chernarus too.

Edited by Titi

We're playing on Kelly's Heroes, come join!

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/

78.129.202.206:2602

Guys i tried a couple of times to join your server but i always got a CBA error.

Could you help me and tell me wich version of CBA you're using on the server?

I downloaded the latest version from the dev-heaven:

https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/15956/CBA_v0-8-3.7z

You need to load the latest. It is three folders now that you load not just one anymore.

The only reliable place I know to get an up-to-date CBA now is through Six, thats part of the reason we are pushing our release through there. Sorry you couldn't get in, thanks to everyone who did come along (and those that tried) had a blast playing PVP all evening, and got some great ideas to improve the battlegrounds mission sets further, hopefully I'll have an updated set (and perhaps a couple more) ready for next weekend, and if possible we'll hold another public event so everyone can pile in and have some fun! Cheers again everyone!

Titi don't take it the wrong way, we do appreciate any missions made for I44, its just as you've said you've spent 3 months developing the domination version, some members of I44 have been working for over 10 years on various incarnations, so its a shame when the most active server running the mod isn't running the mod's maps. Domination is always a great draw for public servers and as we've all agreed anything that gets people playing the mod is fantastic so thanks for your support!

Loving the sound of the map Raptor, feel free to poke me again if I'm quiet, its been a busy week with release so a little hard to keep track of things just now should settle this week though!

I've had a chance to try out the latest version today, you guys have done a magnificent job again. I love the new Panther's with the random hidden selection - they really add another dimension to gameplay with their randomness - they remind me of Fab's old Panther pack for ofp. Everything from the tank commanders new death anims to the musical compositions is spot-on. I'm glad to see you've cleaned up the optics on the Churchill - they were a bit difficult to see through when combined with battlefield smoke!

One thing I'm not sure about is the regularity of how often tanks, particularly German ones, brew up with the ammo cooking off in this latest version. It was relatively rare for German tanks to brew up compared to allied tanks due to ammunition stowage differences - it seems to be 8 or 9 times out of ten German tanks now totally brew up. A bug I've noticed is the Commander in the firefly doesn't rotate with the turret when turned out, he stays fixed in position while the turret and gunner rotate.

But all in all, another stunning job - thank you for brightening up my dull life with these releases.:cool:

P.S. have you seen Petr Tlach's Cromwell release with the latest version of his mod? I've read somewhere it is available for adoption to any mods that could use it. I know you already have a Cromwell but it would be a shame not to use this excellently detailed one if it's available...

@PacUK

Thank you for the info! I played your battleground mission on another server and it's a beautiful pvp map :)

Amazing work guys! Keep it up!

You well know in a mission, weapons and vehicles are very limited in number and model. In a domination you can see and try almost or all of the mod. I44 Domination is like a showcase of the mod. It is something totally different of a traditional mission. I already told, when i tried to start a mission after a domination, the server have been deserted at once for the simple reason that people i suppose want to test all of the vehicles or weapons. I suppose they were frustrated. Now i'am upset with all this mess around I44 dominations on chernarus. I'am releasing both versions of them (with many bugs off cause i dislike to show a bad work), after that i stop all. I put a lot of energy, time and heart in to make them as best and beautiful as i could in spite of low level of scripting for the benefit of I44. I just wanted to highlight this mod because i love it. Sorry if i have stolen a little bit of something to someone, next time i will stay in bed...

All i see in the list of MP missions they are nine made by Invasion44 on chernarus... so?

Edited by Titi

One thing I'm not sure about is the regularity of how often tanks, particularly German ones, brew up with the ammo cooking off in this latest version.

The armour module had some fixes which probably led to this new issue I've noticed it occurring a lot more as well, hopefully we can address it in a future version as theres still a lot to go into the damage and effects on tanks, for now we'll just have to enjoy the fireworks show :D Oh be sure to note issues like the firefly commander over on dev-heaven, its very easy to miss little things like that when testing the whole range of units, thanks for the feedback and glad you're enjoying it!

Thank you for the info! I played your battleground mission on another server and it's a beautiful pvp map

Amazing work guys! Keep it up!

I'm hoping to get some time this week to overhaul a few of the battlegrounds for a small mission pack release to coincide with another public PvP event next weekend, if you have any map specific suggestions for each of the battlegrounds feel free to make your suggestions here or over on our public forums.

I'am releasing both versions of them (with many bugs off cause i dislike to show a bad work), after that i stop all. I put a lot of energy, time and heart in to make them as best and beautiful as i could in spite of low level of scripting for the benefit of I44. I just wanted to highlight this mod because i love it. Sorry if i have stolen a little bit of something to someone, next time i will stay in bed...

All i see in the list of MP missions they are nine made by Invasion44 on chernarus... so?

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there Titi, as I said before the team does appreciate any efforts made by the community, believe me I've been working on missions for I44 since the ArmA1 release pretty much every day for the past couple of years so understand what it requires to produce them, my hat is off to you for doing domination as it was a conversion I always said we'd needed and a lot of people have made starts on so its great to see it stable and working on servers. While we'd love to have an I44 map the size of Chernarus for a direct port of your I44 setup, we just don't have the time or resources to produce them at this stage.

I'm not a huge player of domination anymore, after playing it far too much when A2 came out. I know its very popular on public servers and have always pushed for it or a variation of it on our own maps. Your work really isn't the issue at all, some players are just very familiar and tired of Chernarus Domination, when there are a whole selection of brand new maps and mission modes available for use which aren't being seen. Ideally you'd take what you have learnt modifying domination and come help us build our own game-type so we can get the best of both worlds. So if you're interested we are always looking for more mission makers ;) Seriously though no one is questioning the effort you've put in, and as the 30 odd players on the 82nd server are proof of its very popular so cheers again for the support.

Dominations work well because of first the good work of Xeno, followed by these of I44 staff and a little touch of mine to conclude. I'am just tired to hear people always complaining because they don't have the toy they want at once. All is free here, people have to take things or not. Nobody force anyone to play on dominations then stop complaining as children if you don't have the good toy. May be a day you will get it...

While we'd love to have an I44 map the size of Chernarus for a direct port of your I44 setup, we just don't have the time or resources to produce them at this stage.

I know it's not a problem for me, a day may be...:rolleyes:

A piece of belgium with a piece of france and one of germany rolled in one huge map :bounce3:

Edited by Titi

Is this map for real? Im talking about the Neaville map. Incredible stuff and I believe this map deserves much more attention and praise by the community. The colours, the view from the sky are truly amazing.

Just found out about Neaville and I cant believe how beuatiful it is. Just WoW!!!

Is this map for real? Im talking about the Neaville map. Incredible stuff and I believe this map deserves much more attention and praise by the community. The colours, the view from the sky are truly amazing.

Just found out about Neaville and I cant believe how beuatiful it is. Just WoW!!!

I have to agree 110% about the map. It WAS mentioned before release, and I think we saw it in the video about a week earlier. But all in all, it's kinda gone unglorified for the most part, lol. It's like that little nice dinner mint after a fulfilling meal. Kudos on the work on the map and everything else included I44 team.

Really glad everyone is enjoying Neaville, McNools did a fantastic job and its great that we got to include it with 2.62. Hopefully we can get some more missions out for it soon and I'm looking forward to seeing what the community can come up with on it!

I'm really glad everyone's enjoying Neaville aswell, and I'm glad I got to include it in I44! so thanks everyone :)

I'm really glad everyone's enjoying Neaville aswell, and I'm glad I got to include it in I44! so thanks everyone :)

Beautiful:shine:

McNools you are a magician , Neaville map is one or the most beuatiful and most photorealistic maps I ever seen in Arma 2!!!

Did you use some other tools then others?

Thank you for this gift :)

I am also joining in on the praise for the Neaville map, its just beautiful. The colors are great, the fairly flat landscape with subtle hills are really realistic in contrast to other maps, great for armor.

The placement of trees/bushes/houses and so on is very realistic and perfect for concealment, and also allows great spotting possibilities.

I would love to see this map being expanded for future updates.

Not only the maps, but almost everything in this mod is well done. Units, weapons (those new ones...wow), vehicles (tanks in special), textures and so on...

Thank you for this work of art.

Big Thx for the hard work......i love this MOD!!!! Only the Thompson Smg is a little bit weird in my opinion. Its feels more like an PPHS SMG as a Thompson.^^