SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Is this still available? I didn't see it on PlaywithSix and on Sixupdater the install fails.

IIRC infantry radios were extremely rare in WW2. So an inability to call artillery strikes/CAS/supply drop is historically accurate. In fact it was notoriously dangerous due to inaccuracies and/or confusions.

Man-portable radio systems and relay networks were used by allied & axis military in ww2 ,they were used to provide accurate reports about enemy troop positions/fortifications to call artillery fire from land based artillery batteries and even from battleships,cruisers,destroyers naval guns.

Edited by Battleship

Any chance of seeing an M1C Garand Sniper version?

Might sounds silly or something but.

How do I disable the custom year?

I mean in the editor, when you're setting the date of the mission, you're given the year from 1939 to 1949. However, instead of using it, is it possible to disable it and using the original year?

Might sounds silly or something but.

How do I disable the custom year?

I mean in the editor, when you're setting the date of the mission, you're given the year from 1939 to 1949. However, instead of using it, is it possible to disable it and using the original year?

That's a little tricky actually.

After you've set your mission date and weather, save your mission, minimize the editor and manually open your mission.sqm.

You can find entries called day and month...

Just add one called year (be sure to use the same syntax as for the month or the day) and define the year you want your mission to take place in.

Save your mission again and here ya go. :D

And if you should want to further modifiy your mission in the editor, make sure to not open the date/ weather panel again.

Only opening it will reset your missions start year to something like 2010...

Greetz from Hamburg.

Edit: I hope I got your question right... :rolleyes:

Hello. :D

I'm assuming it's alright to use this mod for a mod I plan on making? It's a campaign mod primarily.

Just want to know in advance.

If you create campaign for i44 mod there is no problem and you dont have to ask ;)

But if you plan to make your "mod" and you want to use some parts of i44 mod you need to ask for permission.

Do you guys ever plan to get rid of the 2.666 tag? I would like to enjoy this mod but the 3 sixes bother me a bit. (ocd)

Hello iam long fan of Invasion but there is one thing what i hate and i would like if there is any chance DELETE THE DAMN EXPLOSION BLAST RADIUS BS that you can knock out somebody through the Solid building ,would welcome any response but this things its really geting on my nerves

Edited by BadboyCZ

Hey everyone, long time no post!

As anyone still tracking the mod knows we've been pretty quiet with the build up to 2.7's release there's been a number of reasons for this, but the main cause has been some issues that arose after implementing Gnat's plane overhaul when we went back to integrate some new features to the tanks we started having some severe issues with the mod and have had a hell of a time locating them.

As a result we have decided to do a mini roll back and are now in the process of reimplementing the features to a relatively bug-free version which should smooth out the process and hopefully mean we'll have something ready to release soon (I know its been said before, hopefully this time soon does mean SOON and not a few months down the line).

Currently the plan is to release a test 2.69 version to get something mostly playable out to you guys that we can get some feedback on, as our team size has now dwindled to pretty much two active members working on A2 we are VERY limited in what we can do, so please do not request new features or units at this stage, we just do not have the time or manpower to do it. Our sole focus is on getting the final version out for A2 that features our advanced tank and plane damage systems so that you guys have something solid to play with.

In regards to A3 things are very much still in the development stages and we will post news on it when we have some to give so please do not bother us with questions on it as any time we take away to answer those requests and questions here is taking time away and delaying 2.7's release.

We have not forgotten nor abandoned the mod, we just do not have the time or people to dedicate to its production that we used to have, and as we aren't paid for any of this work, other things do take priority so I hope you can understand the delays and keep feeding positive thoughts our way. We really want to get 2.7 out as it is a lot of fun to play!

Thanks for all your patience and look forward to seeing you in the skies soon!

Cheers, Pac.

PS you may have noticed our official forums have been spammed to hell and back by kitchen posts, we still have no idea how to block these as every attempt we've made has been bypassed. I am doing my best to clean the forum but with around 11 pages of the buggers it is gonna take some time :)

Hey everyone, long time no post!

<snip>

Currently the plan is to release a test 2.69 version to get something mostly playable out to you guys that we can get some feedback on, as our team size has now dwindled to pretty much two active members working on A2 we are VERY limited in what we can do, so please do not request new features or units at this stage, we just do not have the time or manpower to do it. Our sole focus is on getting the final version out for A2 that features our advanced tank and plane damage systems so that you guys have something solid to play with.

In regards to A3 things are very much still in the development stages and we will post news on it when we have some to give so please do not bother us with questions on it as any time we take away to answer those requests and questions here is taking time away and delaying 2.7's release.

We have not forgotten nor abandoned the mod, we just do not have the time or people to dedicate to its production that we used to have, and as we aren't paid for any of this work, other things do take priority so I hope you can understand the delays and keep feeding positive thoughts our way. We really want to get 2.7 out as it is a lot of fun to play!

Thanks for all your patience and look forward to seeing you in the skies soon!

Cheers, Pac.

Great news, thanks to you & colleagues for all your hard work on this.

PS you may have noticed our official forums have been spammed to hell and back by kitchen posts, we still have no idea how to block these as every attempt we've made has been bypassed. I am doing my best to clean the forum but with around 11 pages of the buggers it is gonna take some time :)

I've seen this crap elsewhere. The registrants, e.g., Ahmab Fajani (Jakarta), Devon Miller Brodie (Jepara) seem to be based in Indonesia; however the several websites I checked are hosted on Global AXS (in process of rebranding as "M247") in the UK. ARIN details in the spoiler at the end. I suggest whichever of your team members are registrant(s), admins, etc. for the i44 site, lodge spamming complaints with abuse@m247.com

Send them sample messages for each & all the spam websites (with headers); the current spam total; & date of first post, with a request that they terminate the kitchen reviews websites they host. That will cost the greasy turds money & inconvenience. If you don't get a rapid and/or positive response post back here & I'm sure that I & many other i44 fans will be only too happy to fill M247's abuse inbox.

:smiley-evil:

Cheers

Orc

Domain Whois Results:

Domain name:

kitchendesignlancashire5.co.uk

Registrant:

Devon Miller Brodie

Registrant type:

Non-UK Individual

Registrant's address:

Ud. Sumber Garengan

Jalan Raya Ngabul

Tahunan

Jepara

Central Java

Indonesia

Data validation:

Registrant contact details validated by Nominet

Registrar:

Mesh Digital Limited t/a Domainmonster.com [Tag = MONSTER]

URL:

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 04-Sep-2013

Expiry date: 04-Sep-2015

Last updated: 08-Oct-2013

Registration status:

Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:

ns1.nservers.co.uk 77.243.190.55

ns2.nservers.co.uk 77.243.190.55

ns3.nservers.co.uk 77.243.190.55

ns4.nservers.co.uk 77.243.190.55

WHOIS lookup made at 15:19:51 09-May-2014

--

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry

for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2014.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted

by the terms of use available in full at

which includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its

repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing

or hiding any or all of this notice and © exceeding query rate or volume

limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

IP Whois Results:

Connecting to whois.arin.net...

Deferred to specific whois server: whois.ripe.net...

% This is the RIPE Database query service.

% The objects are in RPSL format.

%

% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.

% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.

% To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '77.243.190.0 - 77.243.190.255'

% Abuse contact for '77.243.190.0 - 77.243.190.255' is 'abuse@m247.com'

inetnum: 77.243.190.0 - 77.243.190.255

netname: M247-MANCHESTER-COLO

descr: M247 - Manchester Colocation Services

admin-c: GBXS-RIPE

tech-c: GBXS-RIPE

mnt-by: GLOBALAXS-MNT

mnt-lower: GLOBALAXS-MNT

mnt-routes: GLOBALAXS-MNT

source: RIPE # Filtered

role: GLOBALAXS NOC

remarks: M247 - Network Management Centre

address: 1 Ball Green, Cobra Court

address: M32 0QT, Manchester - United Kingdom

admin-c: SA3083-RIPE

tech-c: SA3083-RIPE

tech-c: MJ3986-RIPE

nic-hdl: GBXS-RIPE

abuse-mailbox: abuse@m247.com

% Information related to '77.243.176.0/20AS9009'

route: 77.243.176.0/20

descr: GlobalAXS Communications International backbone

descr: Internet Provider

origin: AS9009

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.72 (DBC-WHOIS1)

Pack: thanks for the update. Long overdue but after reading about regression I feel terrible. As someone who used to QA software you have my most heartfelt condolences ;)

Orcinus: good job mate. I was thinking along similar but it seems you've beaten me to it :$ I'd be happy to vent my spittle if it helps the i44 team...

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to try it out. If you need more testers I would be game. I also have a server that can host the test for up to 10 players if need be also.

Sad to see such a prominent and longstanding mod be reduced to only a few active members :(

I love i44 and Iron Front and it is sad to see so few players actively playing both most nights.

PakUK, have you thought of joining with the IF guys to combine the two mods at some point?

thanks again for all of your hard work!!!

Hi everyone !

Does anyone know if some downloadable maps exist for I44, like Holland in 1944, or Carentan ?

Thanks in advance,

CSV.

Hi everyone !

Does anyone know if some downloadable maps exist for I44, like Holland in 1944, or Carentan ?

Thanks in advance,

CSV.

I don't think there are any specific for Invasion 1944, though the ones made for the "Normandy 'something'" mod work. However the one I tried out Hurtgenwald, requires some other mods for it to work properly and it seemed to be unfinished.

I've also heard of one called Celle, though I am not personally familiar with it.

I scrounged the I44 group names from the cfg files and I'm trying to spawn a group using BIS_fnc_spawnGroup like this

_somegroup = [getMarkerPos "testSpawn", WEST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "WEST" >> "I44_A_Army" >> "Armored" >> "I44_A_Army_Veh_Tank")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

_anotherGroup = [getMarkerPos "testSpawn2", EAST, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "EAST" >> "I44_G_SS_Winter" >> "Motorized" >> "I44_G_SS_Veh_Motorized_Winter")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

But it's not working. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Or does that function even work with I44 units?

Edited by JimiEZ

will patch 2.7 be automatically ready for update on playwith6?

In this mod only some units have voices like when they reply to commands/orders given by team leader, so is there any way that one can enable all units to speak or shout in combat.

And there is also a strange sound a commander of infantry group makes when ordering units to move.

http://forum.invasion-1944.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=654

Edited by Battleship

In this mod only some units have voices like when they react to commands given by team leader, so is there any way that one can enable AI to speak or shout in combat.

Hey mate,

have you already tried to run Invasion44 together with the so called RUG-DSAI Dynamic sounds mod?

It gave me pretty nice results, using the files for German and English voices. You'll just have to add these two files and the two you'll need anyways to get the mod running.

No more changes to your mission are needed, the voices should kick in automatically.

Here you go:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6092

Greetz.

In this mod only some units have voices like when they reply to commands/orders given by team leader, so is there any way that one can enable all units to speak or shout in combat.

And there is also a strange sound a commander of infantry group makes when ordering units to move.

Just add to inventory itemradio. If you are teamleader add tou your gear radio and this should fix your problem.

Just add to inventory itemradio. If you are teamleader add tou your gear radio and this should fix your problem.

Well, this actually only adds those dumb "Men, at tree, 200 metres..." lines to your game...

RUG_DSAI does really add rather fitting lines in both German and English language.

"Take no prisoners... ". :p

Greetz.

Edited by GottMitUns

Hi all,

I have some problem with I44. In D-day +1, for example, German tanks are not destroyable. I'm using 2.666 + hotfix2.

But if I create a mission from scratch no problems at all. Is it a mission problem? How can I solve?

Thank you in advance

right so i have these: NF2V55k.png

i also have i44 2.66

however im getting the "cba_xeh_oa requires addon ca_communityconfigurationproject_e" surprise!!!

how do i solve this issue? if i save while in game i cant load it because i magically dont have this file

yes i have looked around but none of the soloutions have made any sense to me as they contains posts about dayz and the arma 2 beta

does anyone have a clue about what i have to do?