SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Googled quite enough now, I've been searching for the purpose of the Overpressure module. What is it for?

Googled quite enough now, I've been searching for the purpose of the Overpressure module. What is it for?

Hi,

Is this what you're looking for?

This also leads us into a new feature Macolik has also implemented. The new 'overpressure' feature affects those units riding on and in close proximity to the tanks main gun. When fired the unit experiences a blinding flash, a disorientating view shake, an ear rattling ringing, and even the possibility of losing their weapon while being thrown from the vehicle.

Thanks! Googled and searched for Overpressure Module Invasion 44, never got any hits other than the patch notes heh!

Anyone got any news on v2.7?

I've trawled the official forums but it seems months since the last update.

With A3 continuing to mature and the recent news about Iron Front, I'm beginning to worry :o

We always looks for ways to improve tanking in ARMA. Here's a look at what is coming with our 2.7 update to the ARMA 2 version of the mod, presented by animosity242.

Check our moddb page.

Looks great and can't wait for the release!

One thing that has always bothered me is the bouncing off of objects by the tracers. Is there a way to eliminate this? Example when you took that shot at the view port. We all know it penetrated the tank but it shows the tracer bouncing off of the tank. This Takes away form the realism of the armor penetration system and I am sure I am not the only one who hates it.

Great to see the mod still moving forward.

Armour penetration is one of the few areas where IF out-shined I44.

I really can't wait to see v2.7!

This, Unsung and CWR2 are prolly the last major mods I'm waiting for before the push to A3.

Though I still harbour secret hops for the Falklands mod...

But well ... how long it's gonna take for us WW2- freaks, to get as much content for A3 as A2 is providing at the moment???

Me thinks it'll take a year or two. :p

Oh, and yes... can't wait for 2.7...

Greetz.

Will there be any new large maps for air combat/CAS missions for this mod like with many airfields on them cos this mod has many classic WW2-era planes in it.

Edited by Battleship

Great to see the mod still moving forward.

Armour penetration is one of the few areas where IF out-shined I44.

I really can't wait to see v2.7!

This, Unsung and CWR2 are prolly the last major mods I'm waiting for before the push to A3.

Though I still harbour secret hops for the Falklands mod...

"outshined"? I beg to differ... They're still using hitpoints while I'm killing crew based on hit position and angle to the crewman's face! Even the I44 2.65 was doing it better than their fancy blow turrets off stuff.

Edited by animosity242

Will there be any new large maps for air combat/CAS missions for this mod like with many airfields on them cos this mod has many classic WW2-era planes in it.

No plans for anything I'm afraid, even a basic map takes quite a bit of development time and we've been too focused with getting A2 I44 completed so we can do more work on the A3 version. There are plenty of 3rd party maps available that can be fun with I44 though so you shouldn't be short of places to bomb!

Awww that Armor penis system is going to bring me back on A2!

Love it guys

I'm glad you love the armored penis! :D

Any idea when the next update for I44 comes out??

Shameless plug for my missions TVT Over The Reich I44 v3a. This will be updated to new include the new aircraft when 2.7 is released. Glad to hear patch 2.7 is largely geared to Aircraft updates, as this mission focuses on them. The shortage of multiple airfields on the I44 islands was the main factor in not using them so this utilizes Chernarus instead. Is anyone still playing I44 theses days?

Mission here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143777-TVT-144-Dogfighter-objective-based&p=2266794&highlight=#post2266794

Edited by Jigsor

first of all - brilliant piece of work this mod - amazing dedication to produce this.

my question: are there any static objects in the mod such as radars or other? I couldn't see any but then I may not be looking in the right place.

thanx

Hey guys, just noticed that the PlayWithSix repo includes an older version of ShackTac FTHUD that only properly supports islands in its config. Hoping you can update it to the newest version, which uses a different scripting technique to automatically support all islands. Link here: http://dev.withsix.com/news/745

Cheers for the remind SCFan42! I'll be sure to get this implemented with 2.7!

Hi Guys,

This is a great mod and I am running it on my server right now with ASR AI. We are playing warfare based on BE. I have removed all the zu installments and replaced them with flak 38s. I also replaced the resistance t34s with panthers to make them a little tougher. The maps are now historically accurate in the sense that there are no ZUs from the 1960s in it. The base is still too high tech in the sense the barracks and stuff look modern but I can live with that especially because the of the high walls that obscure the buildings.

My only two small issues are

1) Some tanks such as the Churchill kind of bounce a bit when moving along. Other tracked units sometimes bounce.

2) When units lie prone they kind of sink into the ground anyone else getting this?

Other than that its running great. Love the audio. I do believe this old engine is better suited to WWII than modern warfare.

I am looking forward to some mobile AA that is not the ZU so we can replace the ural ZUs instead of just removing them or replacing them with half tracks.

Anyways thank you very much for all the hard work.

2) When units lie prone they kind of sink into the ground anyone else getting this?

It's normal in arma. It's grass simulation on long distance.:)

In this mod many (blufor & opfor) infantry AI carry a radio pack with them,so is it possible to make the radio pack realistic like being able to call artillery strikes/CAS/supply drop using radio operators in a mission.

Edited by Battleship

IIRC infantry radios were extremely rare in WW2. So an inability to call artillery strikes/CAS/supply drop is historically accurate. In fact it was notoriously dangerous due to inaccuracies and/or confusions.