SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

can anyone post the list of vehicles and planes featured in this mod?

Edited by Battleship

can anyone post the list of vehicles and planes featured in this mod?

Go to @I44\Documentation\I44 readme scroll a little past halfway and theres a content list there.

Can anyone here make a ww2 soviet mod (with better russian models, and winter clothes too) ??? I have an idea with Stalingrad map, I made the city but only in the simple game editor. Can anyone made from it a mod??? I think many-many people would be happy... :yay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lfB2rGhipc

as said dozen of times I44 covers only western front.Also stalingrad is out of the mod timeline

Can anyone here make a ww2 soviet mod (with better russian models, and winter clothes too) ??? I have an idea with Stalingrad map, I made the city but only in the simple game editor. Can anyone made from it a mod??? I think many-many people would be happy... :yay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lfB2rGhipc

Great map you made using the mission editor ,but you should make a historically accurate locations as well as surrounding regions with the city such as don and volga river.

Edited by Battleship

@Pulstar

Put my campaign folder "tom3kbparatroopers" in:

...arma 2\campaigns or in ...expansions\campaigns.

For example:

d:\arma2\campaigns\tom3kbparatroopers.

I think you made mistake and you have something like this:

...\campaigns\tom3kbww2campaign1\tom3kbparatroopers. And thats way you have that error.

Gee I feel dumb indeed lol. The addons folder confused me a bit there. Thanks!!!

Will there be a desert campaign version of this mod which took place from 1940-1943.

Edited by Battleship

Just asking if they are planning to make a desert texture pack for this mod.

Edited by Battleship

Can anyone here make a ww2 soviet mod (with better russian models, and winter clothes too) ???

Not really the place to ask, as we have no plans to expand the scope of the A2 mod beyond the upcoming 2.7 patch. With regards to the map I'll just warn you that most of those rubble/ruins from A2 don't contain visual/geometry/hitboxes which mean AI see right through them which is generally why no one made big rubble city maps. The ones we used for Merderet had to be ripped, fixed and reimported.

Will there be a desert campaign version of this mod which took place from 1940-1943.

Nope again, the A2 mod is really nearing "completion" at this point so there are no further plans to expand the scope of the areas covered at all. Perhaps for A3 but really its dependant on having the members to actually produce new content.

Hey guys,

Me and some friends are having some issues lately.

While playing a mission sometimes AI units are not visible at all. Particular Static MG Gunners.

They shoot us but we cant see them and all die. (Note: we can see some static mg's)

No clue what this is causing. Seems to happen in all the missions.

Running with:

"-mod=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@acre;@jayarma2lib;@jsrs;@sthud;@stmovement;@cba_co;@blastcore_visuals;@jtd;@i44" "-name=m0nk" -nosplash -world=empty -cpuCount=4

Hope someone can help :)

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Managed to find most of week end to get closer to 2.7.

Got the Airspeed Horsa finalised and other touch ups done on various other models and scripts.

Also got lucky with an idea I had for a Glider Towing script(s). The set velocity command isn't as harsh as I thought it might be.

If the alignment is close you can "hook" a taxing C47 (or B17) in either a Horsa or a WACO.

Can even do "snatch" launches if the tug is in a low and slow fly-by.

You follow the tug but have almost full control of the glider. "Lucky" refers to the way it surprisingly works similar to a real tow rope!

On the instrument panel of each I've placed a gauge that shows the length of the rope "stretch". Push it into the Red zone and you lose your ride. Glider pilot can drop the tow at any time.

Piloting a glider like this is bloody awesome if I don't say so myself.

And if all goes well will add great new scenarios to mission making.

No ETA on 2.7, but it is a LOT closer as of the last 2 weeks of work.

Hopefully all the various FX scripting stands up well under MP testing (no eta on that either).

Awesome

Really looking forward to v2.7

This, CWR2, Unsung and a few campaigns are the main reasons that I'm still playing A2 after almost 5 years.

Me too! I've collected dozens of WW2 stuff from lots of Mods and addons in the past years and still play them under ARMA2 OA by combination of Invasion44, IF44, Polish War 39, CZ38 and Pacific War Mods,etc.

If we could get such so many things in ARMA3, I think we have to await till closing to release of ARMA4...

Hello all,

Not quite sure what is coming here soon with 2.7 (besides gliders) but I would really like to see the High Standard Suppressed HDM or Welrod from ww2. I think silenced weapons should be elaborated a bit and those two pieces would be awesome to see. Alternatively, if anyone has a mod for it or could make one that would be sweet!

Thanks

Please don't paste huge pointless lists of items. I think most people are aware the mod doesn't include every unit ever involved in the conflict. Just those that we have time to make.

Pointless post you say? And my post back to you would be, don't knock ideas from the community.. Where someone doesn't have that list - especially new comers to the mod. It would be most appreciative to them to look up some of the different types of armor instead of case closed, type of thoughts. If a 3rd party wants to mod a vehicle and use it in the game those were some great ideas for someone to try out and expand.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Can you add searchlight guided AA batteries and resistance forces to this mod.

There is already resistance. Look under Independent in editor. It's the French resistance.

Edited by Vobbnobb

Pointless post you say? And my post back to you would be, don't knock ideas from the community.. Where someone doesn't have that list - especially new comers to the mod. It would be most appreciative to them to look up some of the different types of armor instead of case closed, type of thoughts. If a 3rd party wants to mod a vehicle and use it in the game those were some great ideas for someone to try out and expand.

WTF ?! Seriously?

This is the Invasion44 thread, by the creators of the Mod, and you think its OK to drop by, drop a list of nearly every vehicle from WWII (including "Experimental vehicles" !! ), then ask if OTHER people have them ......... because I44 doesn't?

Take it elsewhere before people start swearing at you.

Gnat;2557015']WTF ?! Seriously?

This is the Invasion44 thread' date=' by the creators of the Mod, and you think its OK to drop by, drop a list of nearly every vehicle from WWII (including "[i']Experimental vehicles[/i]" !! ), then ask if OTHER people have them ......... because I44 doesn't?

Muahhahahahaaaa and LOLing too!

+1, thanks Gnat!

On the other hand, could it even be, that people do not realize that this is about the invasion of Normandy in 1944? Or then they just do not know enough about the history?

Can I have Finnish Ski Troops in your mod? They played a very important role! ;-)

Me and some friends are having some issues lately.

While playing a mission sometimes AI units are not visible at all. Particular Static MG Gunners.

Sounds like a weird error, not something I've seen, if you can run some specific tests on those units you've seen affected and give us a list/screenies it might help. Its possible some further LOD's might be missing crew proxies, or it could be a conflict with one of your extra mods on that note:

@acre;@jayarma2lib;@jsrs;@sthud;@stmovement;@ cba_co;@blastcore_visuals;@jtd;@i44

STHUD and STMovement are both already included in I44 so you don't need to load them :)

Not quite sure what is coming here soon with 2.7

2.7 is a complete overhaul of all aircraft primarily. There will be some smaller features and enhancements such as a few additional improvements to the Armor Damage/Penetration systems and a couple of bug fixes but we won't be producing any new weapons etc beyond those already mentioned as there simply isn't the time, interest, or resources to do so anymore. Perhaps for A3.

Can you add searchlight guided AA batteries and resistance forces to this mod.

Searchlights don't really work in A2 there is no light beam created except those on the ground and objects actually in the line of sight, there are already infantry resistance units included its doubtful any more will be added to A2 though.

Pointless post you say? And my post back to you would be, don't knock ideas from the community..

I'm pretty sure if you look back over the past 4 years of development I and every other member of I44 has put into A2 you can see we don't ignore ideas from the community. But making a list of things isn't so much an idea, as just a long list provided at a point when we have stated we won't really be expanding A2 beyond what we've already discussed. We as a development team are well aware of what units were involved but we simply can't recreate everything ever... we have a very small team, production of one single item can take months of man hours to finish and with no suggestion as to why a specific unit should be added, its just a list. Yes I could go through and say why we won't be including each one, or we could keep working on A2 and A3 and actually produce real things in the time that would take. When suggesting units, try suggesting one at a time, with a case for why that unit should be something we work on instead of "it was in ww2 so make it" which really just feels like a demand from a team who have already produced one of if not the biggest modifications for A2, for free. But thanks for the input.

Can I have Finnish Ski Troops in your mod?

Actually a pretty good example lol, and something we did discuss (well ski's not so much the Finnish troops) but there was no satisfactory way to really add them, would have ended up being a vehicle type object with a static animation which glided troops across the ground and really wouldn't add much to the gameplay. Maybe A3 when we get to the winter stuff!

I'm back from a short break away so catching up with Gnat's progress, we'll be looking at releasing as soon as possible once we've had a thorough testing period to minimise the need for post release patches so we can focus on A3's I44 development without leaving you guys with a buggy mod :) Hope to have some more news and maybe some media in the coming week(s).

Sounds like a weird error, not something I've seen, if you can run some specific tests on those units you've seen affected and give us a list/screenies it might help. Its possible some further LOD's might be missing crew proxies, or it could be a conflict with one of your extra mods on that note:

STHUD and STMovement are both already included in I44 so you don't need to load them :)

Thanks for the response. Did some reinstalling and tried different missions.

Conclusion of all this is probably a faulty mission.

Keep up the good work :)

Gnat;2557015']WTF ?! Seriously?

This is the Invasion44 thread' date=' by the creators of the Mod, and you think its OK to drop by, drop a list of nearly every vehicle from WWII (including "[i']Experimental vehicles[/i]" !! ), then ask if OTHER people have them ......... because I44 doesn't?

I just did didn't I? The I44 team doesn't have to make the models but the community can make stuff and drop the pbo right in by self. It's been done to arma mods for years... You act like something is new here. If someone wants to make a quad 50 cal half track or Marder 2 why argue? Let em.

I just did didn't I? The I44 team doesn't have to make the models but the community can make stuff and drop the pbo right in by self. It's been done to arma mods for years... You act like something is new here. If someone wants to make a quad 50 cal half track or Marder 2 why argue? Let em.
You're just not in the right place ; use the Arma 2 Addon request thread