SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

The method you are trying will not work and will cause a number of issues.

Thanks for answering...

Please, just mark my previous post down as me being a douche...:o

I dunno what exactly went wrong with my first try, but now my changed config.cpp is working just perfectly fine, absolutely no issues that I could make up by now, as long as the player does not place the I44- wounding- modules.

I've managed to restore the standard bis- kind of healing abbility for all the medics of all factions of I44 (even the docteur of the French Resistance ;)). In my opinion, the three bis- first aid modules are just way more comfortable to use in SP- sandbox- gameplay.

However, I also believe that my changed config may cause troubles if used on MP- servers, so of course a backuped one got stored in the depths of my hard- drive.

Greetz and thanks again for that impressive Mod.

Yeah unfortunately the standard medical modules haven't always been so effective in MP until more recent patches which was one of the primary reasons for developing our own. But it has since developed into a much more robust system incorporating hit animations and location specific damage and effects that the stock A2 systems still can't provide.

For compatibility reasons you may want to just put your changes into their own mod folder which you can load after @i44 in your command line and it "should" update the classes to use your changes, that way you can easily switch between an SP and MP version of the mod without having to constantly swap files between sessions and instead just using a different shortcut etc.

For compatibility reasons you may want to just put your changes into their own mod folder...

Good thought, thanks for that. Using an additional modfolder works just perfectly fine. It seems, if there are two .pbo's with identical name, the game reads it's data from the one with the newer "change- date".

But now, I've discovered one tiny, little flaw...

If the player should choose to play as the medic, he'll find 4 "large Medkits" inside his backpack, which of course remain utterly pointless. Do you, by default, know which .pbo holds the config in which the loadout of your backpacks is defined? I'd like to empty the medic- backpack by default, so that would spare me a good amount of searching...

Greetz.

thanks for the lengthy update. I'm really looking forward to v2.7. Many thanks to you, Gnat and animosity242.

For those who feel that the wait v2.7 has been long, I couldn't agree more.

But rather than criticise, try to help these chaps get it out of the door.

Contributing to community efforts like mods and missions is long, hard and, sometimes, lonely march.

Just another note on backpacks. These days I am tending to remove backups from a random selection of units at mission start, the reason being that if a unit has a back pack it won't re-arm itself with a launcher, so if you are using something like ASR AI there will be no dynamic re-arming during the mission. This can be a little frustrating if there are various launchers available from fallen AI during a lull in the battle and you are subsequently attacked by armour.

I would like to know if any third party model moders have any models for i44? There are many people that would download them even if they are in BETA. US side seriously lacking.

Tanks

Panzer I

Panzer II

Panzer III

Panzer IV

Panther

Tiger I

Tiger II

Panzer 35(t)

Panzer 38(t)

Self-propelled artillery

Wespe

10.5cm leFH18(Sf) LrS

15cm sFH13/1 (Sf) LrS

Sturmpanzer I

Sturmpanzer II

Grille

Hummel

Panzerwerfer 42

Wurfrahmen 40

Karl-Gerät

Assault guns

StuG III

StuG IV

StuH 42

StuIG 33B

Brummbär

Sturmtiger

Tank destroyers

Panzerjäger I

Marder I

II

III

RSO/PaK 40

Nashorn

Elefant

Jagdpanzer IV

Hetzer

Jagdpanther

Jagdtiger

Half-tracks

SdKfz 2

4 Maultier

sWS

Armored cars

Sdkfz 221/22/23

Sdkfz 231/32/33/34/63

SdKfz 234

Sd.Kfz. 247

ADGZ

Self-propelled anti-aircraft guns

Flakpanzer I

Flakpanzer IV

Möbelwagen

Wirbelwind

Ostwind

Kugelblitz

Flakpanzer 38(t)

Demolition vehicles

Leichter Ladungsträger

Mittlerer Ladungsträger

Schwerer Ladungsträger

Prototypes

Panzer VIII Maus

E- series

Leichttraktor

Panther II

Heuschrecke 10

Neubaufahrzeug

Sturer Emil

10.5 cm K (gp.Sfl.)

Pz.Sfl. II

Flakpanzer Coelian

Kugelpanzer

VK 4501(P)

Proposed designs

Panzer III/IV

Panzer VII 'Löwe'

Panzer IX, Panzer X

Ratte

Monster

Light Tank VK 1602 "Leopard"

Gep. MTW Kätzchen

VK 4502(P)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light tanks

M1 Combat Car

M2 Light Tank

M3/M5 Light Tank

M22 Light Tank

M24 Light Tank

Marmon-Herrington CTLS

Medium / heavy tanks

M2 Medium Tank

M3 Medium Tank

M4 Medium Tank

M26 Heavy Tank

Self-propelled artillery

M7 Howitzer Motor Carriage

M8 HMC

M12 Gun Motor Carriage

M40 Gun Motor Carriage

M3 Gun Motor Carriage

M15 Combination Gun Motor Carriage

M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage

T34 Rocket Launcher

Tank destroyers

M3 Gun Motor Carriage

M6 Gun Motor Carriage

M10 3-inch Gun Motor Carriage

M18 Gun Motor Carriage

M36 Gun Motor Carriage

Armored half-tracks

M2 Half Track Car

M3/M5 Half Track Personnel Carrier

M4 Mortar Carrier

T30 Half Track

Amphibious vehicles

Landing Vehicle Tracked

DUKW

Ford GPA

M29C Weasel

Armored cars

M8 Light Armored Car

M3 Scout Car

M20 Armored Utility Car

T17 Armored Car

T18 Armored Car

Experimental vehicles

M38 Wolfhound

T1/M6 Heavy Tank

T28 Tank/T95 GMC

Assault Tank T14

Heavy Tank T29

Heavy Tank T30

Medium Tank T20

T16

T3 Half Track

T27 Armored Car

T54 Gun Motor Carriage

T40/M9 Tank Destroyer

T19 Howitzer Motor Carriage

8in Howitzer Motor Carriage T84

T92 Howitzer Motor Carriage

T55E1 Motor Carriage

Light Tank T7/Medium Tank M7

T88 Gun Motor Carriage

Why would you need them separate?

I44 works very well as a total package with the scripts etc....unless you wanted to use them in something else?

Small hint, check 1st post or readme file. ;)

Short answer you need A2+OA=A2C0.

I44 works very well as a total package with the scripts etc....unless you wanted to use them in something else?

I am not a addon/mod developer, only asking because there are no ww2 unit or tank packs in completed addons.

Edited by Battleship

Hi everyone!

I play Invasion 44 2.666, and I love it.

The only thing that I find strange is the fact that it needs only one shell to destroy a tank and make it burst into flames... Even when firing with a Pz. IV ausf D against a churchill...

But there is a new damage system? On which version of the mod is it?

Anyway, what an excellent job you did (and do)!

Please give me a few recommendations for SP scenarios/campaigns. I tried tom3kb's Paratroopers but it gave me an error message about a missing preview image or something.

@Pulstar

More info please about that error message. Try to redownload that campaign from Armaholic im 100% sure that all is ok with my Paratroopers campaign, not to long ago one of my friends finished this campaign without any problems.

Ps: i made also mission pack for I44: tom3kb's i44 sp mission pack-13missions.

And yes, on Günter's site you will find all what was released for I44.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Ps2: i just launched Paratroopers, no error messages.

Thank you both for your help and your great efforts. will try the campaign again soon :)

http://i43.tinypic.com/v2yc8h.jpg (122 kB)

here is the error message that I receive. I put the folder inside Campaigns in the Arma2OA folder.

Edited by Pulstar

It's been a while so trying to hit as many as I can here, most have already been covered but here's some "official" answers for you all as well I'm in a typy kind of mood!

I would like to know if any third party model moders have any models for i44? There are many people that would download them even if they are in BETA. US side seriously lacking.

Please don't paste huge pointless lists of items. I think most people are aware the mod doesn't include every unit ever involved in the conflict. Just those that we have time to make.

Can the axis and allied tanks and infantry of this mod be available for seperate download?

No I44 has always been a Total Conversion modification, if we didn't include one side that would be a bit pointless.

My guess would be to use with other mods. However as all our units are customised to work with I44 exclusive features even if they were you'd still have conflicts running with other mods.

The files of this mod are too large to download.

Use Play withSix as recommended and you can resume your download later. We can't make them any smaller, and supporting multiple installation methods is highly confusing for the user and immensely time consuming to put together, document, and provide download links for (let alone how long it takes to upload them as well). The mod is HUGE and we have had no time to optimise files as you would with a commercial product once content was complete, this is just the nature of a free mod. If you really have trouble downloading at home, you could always use a library or internet cafe connection to download and place the files on a usb-stick to take home if your home connection can't handle the size.

Will this mod run without arma 2?

No it requires A2+OA for combined operations. We use stock A2 objects thats are NOT part of OA, and we use OA's enhanced engine and coding to make the features possible so both are required to play.

Only asking because there are no WW2 Infantry packs (axis,allied & soviet) or WW2 tank pack (axis,allied & soviet) in addons section.

Again, we're a total conversion not a single pack release, there would be no point to release them seperately as well as combined and as Gnat mentioned there's huge amounts of inter-depencies between the files that go beyond the models and textures that if split would mean may textures would have to be doubled up to be available to the other packs when used standalone, and coding for both would be a nightmare!

The only thing that I find strange is the fact that it needs only one shell to destroy a tank and make it burst into flames... Even when firing with a Pz. IV ausf D against a churchill...

But there is a new damage system? On which version of the mod is it?

You are not placing the Armor Penetration Module so the new damage system is not being used hence the exploding tin cans. In the editor press F7 for modules and place it (its the [i44] module right at the top of the list). The new system is HIGHLY detailed and the version coming with 2.7 even more so thanks to Animosity's awesome work.

Please give me a few recommendations for SP scenarios/campaigns. I tried tom3kb's Paratroopers but it gave me an error message about a missing preview image or something.

Gunter's site! I believe he tracks almost every I44 mission available so if its out there its most likely on there :) Have been hoping to integrate his work somehow in supporting the mod as that really is the definitive site for community made I44 missons!

Progress with 2.7 and 3.0 for A3 are still going slowly, but progressing all the time. We still don't have any dates or firm plans set, but things are in motion and hopefully 2.7 isn't too far off the horizon now a lot of it is just finding the spare time in our schedules around real life and jobs, all those fun things! Thanks for everyones continued support!

@Pulstar

Put my campaign folder "tom3kbparatroopers" in:

...arma 2\campaigns or in ...expansions\campaigns.

For example:

d:\arma2\campaigns\tom3kbparatroopers.

I think you made mistake and you have something like this:

...\campaigns\tom3kbww2campaign1\tom3kbparatroopers. And thats way you have that error.