SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

So, what's the armaments of the Me-410 Hornisse?

Me410:

3 configs

1) - 4 x MG17 and 1000 rounds

2) - 4 x MG17 and 6 bombs

3) - 1 x BK-5 (50mm autocannon) with 22 rounds

FYI for (1) and (2) Arma can't have 2 different pairs of guns firing at the same time so I made 1 weapon that goes the middle ground

Also, good to hear we can use vehicle chat with gunners on B17 now! And apparently, a Ju-52 gunner.

Yes to both.

Me410 and Stuka also have rear gunners

Awesome work Gnat! This looks very promising keep up the great work!

A much anticipated update. Looks great guys!

What can I say ......Gnawsome!

thhihihihiihihi...

But seriously, really nice and great, I just hope that at some point some AA stuff will balance a bit.

Um, perhaps time to convert RubberKite's excellent Warfare BE version to use i44...

Gnat;2451163']Me410:

3 configs

1) - 4 x MG17 and 1000 rounds

2) - 4 x MG17 and 6 bombs

3) - 1 x BK-5 (50mm autocannon) with 22 rounds

FYI for (1) and (2) Arma can't have 2 different pairs of guns firing at the same time so I made 1 weapon that goes the middle ground

Yes to both.

Me410 and Stuka also have rear gunners

What's the gun that has '1000 rounds'?

Gnat;2457675']4 guns with a total of 1000 rounds .........

Oh, I was just confused based on the way you set up the other configs, sorry.

campaigns are available for this mod?

(sorry I'm new to mods)

Some very cool things in the teaser video!

That Video is a work of Art in itself.

GLIDERS GLIDERS GLIDERS :yay:

I ported an old Horsa in from another mod (cant remember which one) and got it to sort of function and had a bit of fun with it. Trying to get them to land in roughly the same area of the map proved hard. Which I suppose has an historical context. But the ones in the Vid the Waco and the Horsa look great. Can't wait for this one. Your continued efforts are very much appreciated certainly by this Flashpoint Veteran.

Nick

Just to let you guys know the 82nd Airborne servers just got switched to a new server, and gamespy isn't yet displaying them in PwS however they are showing up in the ingame browser, those of you wondering where the server had gone they should be back later today, until then you can join using the ingame server browser.

in the video I only see an US C47 why isn't there one with british markings if you need info you can look at my reply on AB jeeps on your arma 3 invasion 1944 0.3 ALpha what also say some things about the british C47 ( C47 Dakota = the british naming ) ( C47 SKytrain = the US naming ) also because the mod is about d-day and the bulge it SHOULD have the black white stripes instead of what I said in the other post because d-day was after Italy-invasions. Because the US WACO was a small glider with 1 jeep 6 men and 2 glider pilots it was seen as a small glider so the US Airborne also used the Horsa glider and BTW info about the Glider pilot regiment :

-special helmet

- GLider Pilot wing on smock

- body armor

- no Small pack but a bergen :

crash_helmet.jpg

this one is for the glider PILOT;

1st_pilot_wing.gif

this one for the glider CO-pilot

8371_IMG_6947.JPGBody_Armour.JPG

and the bergen :

http://www.biggerbids.com/members/images/28420/public/3354601_GEDC0045.jpg (230 kB)

http://www.cps-battlefieldtours.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/DSCF3146.JPG (905 kB)

that was a little info on the airlanding units if you have questions I most-likely can ancwer them too you

Before you go completely to Arma 3 how about 10 new vehicles for US and German side at least? Do you remember In 1994 for operation flashpoint you guys had 100's of vehicles for us and german side each

Edited by Vobbnobb

What are you on about operation flashpoint didn't come out until 2001, and if making 20 working models and units was that easy it'd be done already

What are you on about operation flashpoint didn't come out until 2001, and if making 20 working models and units was that easy it'd be done already

It was probably before you were born, ahem but there was a 1944 mod for operation flashpoint and it had EVERYTHING from russian and british troops to tons and tons for planes and the armor alone was a massive amount. All I am saying is don't give up more is better.

Before you go completely to Arma 3 how about 10 new vehicles for US and German side at least? Do you remember In 1994 for operation flashpoint you guys had 100's of vehicles for us and german side each

How about you just be happy with what you've got, for free....

I would've understood what you meant if you'd wrote '1944' and not '1994'

^ Invasion 1944 and Liberation mod could be combined in the folders to create that at the time. My fear is that 1944 mod for arma 2 will be abandoned like I44 was for OFP leaving many fixable errors just left. I think it didn't even make it out of alpha stage but a damn good game.

Edited by Vobbnobb

Abandoned in Arma2?

Of course it will be! But it has a heap of great content right now, and may get a little more before ArmA3 warms up.

But no one is going to import a bunch of low quality models into this mod just so there's "more of it". That's dumb.

And there will ALWAYS be a bug or 2 left over. Can't get it perfect sorry.

Many people know, but a reminder, making or even modifying content BLOODY LONG HARD WORK.

My fear is that 1944 mod for arma 2 will be abandoned like I44 was for OFP leaving many fixable errors just left. I think it didn't even make it out of alpha stage but a damn good game.

The stopping of the mod development which happened on OFP was for also other reasons then new game coming up.

Hey guys,

seems like this time I've maneuvred myself into some kind of a dead- end and I'd really appreciate any help I could get... :butbut:

Following is what I was planning to achieve:

I'm playing this wonderfull mod for a good amount of time now and the one (only) thing that I don't like about it is the absolute uselessness of any medics in SP- mode. I've found some posts from some of the mod- developers in older threads, stating that this got caused because of the new I44- wounding- system and that you guys'll look into it in the next couple of weeks. This was early 2012... :rolleyes:

Ok, I thought, let's try and see if I couldn't fix it myself.

So, I localized that the one config- file, that would need to get a change is the inside the I44-base-M.pbo file.

So, I unpacked the said config.bin into readable .cpp format using unrap and added the line "attendant=true;" to the registry- entry of the standard- I44- US- Medic.

And here my headaches started...

I searched for a tool that is able to repack my changed config.cpp into .bin format, finding the BI- tool BinPbo.

So I downloaded that, installed in the given folders and instantly got a crash stating something about a "broken side-by-side registration". I tried all night, but this seems to be some hard- coded Win7 error.

Finally, after several hours, I decided to try and pack my .pbo- file with the config still in .cpp. Now, in the editor, all classnames of Infantry- units where white, making it rather impossible to navigate. After some trial and error, I was able to set up a small squad with one US- medic and voila...

He was able to heal his AI- squadmates like charm. So I must be on the right track somehow.

What I would need now, would be somebody with a working installation of BinPbo, who would volunteer to binarize my config.cpp (we're talking about a file smaller than 1mb) and than get it back to me. That would make me all :yay:.

Greetz.

And edit: If the I44 team should not be ok with me doing those changes, just give me a hint and I'll leave things be.

Edited by GottMitUns

Ok, bit of a hard one to explian but I'll try. The medic issue arose due to the removal of the standard medic setting. More recent patches reimplemented our own attendant setting which replicates to some extent the standard healing method. This means that if you do NOT place the wounding module, standard healing is available (though the AI can be a bit useless at healing other AI) players can simply move up to the medic or medical facilities and use the 'Heal' option on the action menu. The method you are trying will not work and will cause a number of issues. Unfortunately as the coder who was working on the medic system has since left the team, there are no plans to rework the system any further. It is primarily designed for MP use and has very limited application to AI and without a fulltime coder there really is very little we can do to improve the situation further.

However feel free to mess around with the configs all you like, just be sure to keep a backup should you intend to play MP otherwise you could find yourself being kicked from servers or causing issues when files conflict with the originals.

It was probably before you were born, ahem but there was a 1944 mod for operation flashpoint and it had EVERYTHING from russian and british troops to tons and tons for planes and the armor alone was a massive amount. All I am saying is don't give up more is better.
Invasion 1944 and Liberation mod could be combined in the folders to create that at the time. My fear is that 1944 mod for arma 2 will be abandoned like I44 was for OFP leaving many fixable errors just left. I think it didn't even make it out of alpha stage but a damn good game.

Liberation was not part of I44 at any point in time, claiming we had hundreds of units and factions in the Flashpoint releases is just plain wrong. A2 has had the most units and factions of ANY previous I44 releases. Adding '10 new verhicles for US and German side at least' is a pretty outrageous request, not even A2 DLC contains that depth of content, and shows you do not understand the time it takes to add a single new unit let alone ten! Take a step back and appreciate this HUGE total conversion that you have for FREE before making these ridiculous demands and outrageous claims in future thanks.

In regards to abandoning ArmA2, yes at some point we will stop development, the current plan is for 2.7 to be released (WHEN IT'S READY) and should it need it any hotfixes post-release to ensure the mod is as stable as can be before we move development fulltime into A3.

I've had a number of people demanding news of A3's development, or suggestions that we've already stopped work on A2. This is completely incorrect information, and unless it comes directly from the mod team, is purely speculation by people not involved in any shape or form of the games development. Yes things have been quiet, this is due to the fact that we've been working damn near everyday on this mod with a dwindling development team. The releases this year have been completed with a skeleton crew of 2-3 people and the time demands on them are HUGE. I recently took a hiatus due to working 14+ hours a day solely on the mod for little reward other than the community demanding more from us. Mod development is a SEVERELY difficult thing to do, it is not a commercial product with deadlines, milestones or PAY! We do this in our own time for our own enjoyment, it isn't fun when people constantly demand more from us or down-play the work we've already put in.

2.7 is still in production, Gnat has been doing some amazing work bringing all the planes in line for the plane overhaul, while animosity242 continues his awesome work on improving the armor module further as well as a few other nice little surprises we hope to have included in 2.7 (more info on that to come soon!). The main reason we're not pumping out monthly updates is because firstly the mod is the most stable it has ever been and includes nearly all the features we hoped to ever implement into A2 so there is little need to update or fix bugs as was necessary before. A3 development will not be our focus until A2 is completely in the bag as abandoning the current work to start from scratch would be a huge waste of effort of over a years worth of work (if not more). So as always be patient, and enjoy the game. If you want things to move faster, instead try offering help instead of making demands of us! When things are ready, or if we have news to give, we'll provide it, until then you just have to wait I'm afraid.

Edited by PacUK