SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Thanks for your hard work Pac!

I've posted some bugs (that did not exist in 2.64) on the dev heaven, and I'm hoping nervously that all will be fixed for a 35 player operation I have on Saturday...

i44moddb3.jpg

17495.png

Invasion 1944 v2.666 Hotfix 2!

V2.666 Changelog-

- [2.666] FIXED Armor module was not working correctly
- [2.666] FIXED New Willy's Jeep model 30cal not turning
- [2.666] FIXED Neaville tree geometry
- [2.666] FIXED Cromwell missing ammo
- [2.666] FIXED Easy Red 1-64 debugging and landing

-Download and Installation-

Click the button below for instructions on how to download and install Invasion 1944 using Play withSix:

forumsignsml.png

Archive versions available on Armaholic and ModDB.

Edited by PacUK
v2.666 Hotfix 2 release

I want to draw his attention to the speed of rotation of the tower tanks and their weapons, they do not correspond to reality a bit, just in Cromwell bug with weapons, no ammunition for the gun

I want to draw his attention to the speed of rotation of the tower tanks and their weapons, they do not correspond to reality a bit, just in Cromwell bug with weapons, no ammunition for the gun

I'd be very surprised as I know that the I44 mod team strive for historically accuracy but they remain human, so they could be wrong or maybe its simply a bug.

That said they are also very eager for constructive feedback.

So could you provide more details? e.g. which tanks? are they too fast? or too slow? by how much? what are you references?

Edited by domokun

just in Cromwell bug with weapons, no ammunition for the gun

ah you did get the latest update right? as it states in the post above yours:

- [2.666] FIXED Armor module was not working correctly

- [2.666] FIXED New Willy's Jeep model 30cal not turning

- [2.666] FIXED Neaville tree geometry

- [2.666] FIXED Cromwell missing ammo

- [2.666] FIXED Easy Red 1-64 debugging and landing

So the issue has been fixed.

ah you did get the latest update right? as it states in the post above yours:

So the issue has been fixed.

reinstalled the patch, it worked.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

I'd be very surprised as I know that the I44 mod team strive for historically accuracy but they remain human, so they could be wrong or maybe its simply a bug.

That said they are also very eager for constructive feedback.

So could you provide more details? e.g. which tanks? are they too fast? or too slow? by how much? what are you references?

Example: the speed of rotation of the turret M4 Sherman - 32-35 degrees per second (39 change-over), Tiger tank - 23, Cromwell tank - 49, etc. the internet for information about the others can be found, and so they turn very slowly.

And some suggestion to use the new armor vehicle Sdkfz124. Now it was put in the unit of 'Armor'. And it couldn't be used with the 'Forward Observer' module to give long distance fire support. But actually, such vehicles were the mobile artillery units in the panzer troops and should give fire support behind the line instead of charging with the panzers at the very front. So could you let it be able to work with the 'Forward Observer' in the game and make it work like in the actual battles?

And some suggestion to use the new armor vehicle Sdkfz124. Now it was put in the unit of 'Armor'. And it couldn't be used with the 'Forward Observer' module to give long distance fire support. But actually, such vehicles were the mobile artillery units in the panzer troops and should give fire support behind the line instead of charging with the panzers at the very front. So could you let it be able to work with the 'Forward Observer' in the game and make it work like in the actual battles?

Basically... no. The Arty system in A2 does not support the lower angles of fire that these tanks used so they cannot use the artillery computer (despite the aiming working, you are never able to fire due to the low angle of fire and minimum range), for the FO module to work the unit must be artillery compatible. So unfortunately without an entirely new scripted system (which we won't be doing for A2 at least) direct fire is the only real way we can have the weapon work. This was the reason for the units delay in getting released as we had hoped to find some workaround, but none has so it was better to release the vehicle so it can at least be used as an objective if not direct support as it would have been.

Many of the vehicles went through several development stages in real life from manual to mechanical turret rotation, this makes it hard to get a clear picture of what the rotation speeds were. Also many were tied into the revving engine, whereby higher revolutions allowed for a faster turn. We do strive to match the real characteristics of all items, but we also only have so much time and man power, so we can't examine every source of information available to compare and contrast various models specific characteristics, so if there are things that are wrong, please by all means report them on Dev-Heaven with DETAILED descriptions saying which models are wrong and why, and what should be done to correct them. Saying 'some' could mean the one tank you tested, or every single tank and armored car in the entire mod, or somewhere in between. We appreciate all feedback but if you really want something done please put a bit of effort in to describe what and why. We'd be more than happy to match these characteristics, as was done with all tanks top speeds this last patch.

Thanks for everyones continuing support, I hope 2.666 hotfix 2 has solved those few nasty issues that had crept in and you now all get to enjoy the rather over-stuffed update :)

It's really a pity for not being able to make it workable for the reason of A2 speciality. Currently, I use Mortars and German rocket cannons with the module of 'FO' in the editor. And they really bring very awesome and powerful support from a bit longer distance indirect fire. By way, thanks for you guys' script of 'FO' module, now it has made the artillery, especially mortar, the real supporting weapon like in the actual battles. Before it, AI gunners could never use mortar properly in the game and in most cases, they never fired at all.

Edited by Fkymplbo

great mod I44 team! the penetration effects are awesome! i would like to out point some issues out an make some suggestions I don't want to come off as a a-hole though. there is no waffen ss panzer crew its the same as the heer panzer crews. there is no waffen ss camo Tiger I.

all of the panther models are the late model G with the "chin mantlet". i noticed it when i kept trying to catch the shot trap on the panther with no luck an took a closer look at them. perhaps a earlier G model could be added with the earlier mantlet.

could more variety be given to the waffen ss troops they tended to wear a large mix of camo patterns an uniforms even within the same unit. maybe make some "blurred edge" or "plane tree" pattern smock's an helmet covers or m44 pea dot uniforms.

more group choices for the germans all seems to be infantry. an more variety to the fallschirmjagers i.e. helmet covers regular M42 helmets they did wear them.

thanks I hope some of this can be of some use to your mod...

Unfortunately all your suggestions will not be able to be addressed within ArmA2, the amount of time and resources it would take to produce alternative models, and textures, and then configurations, just won't be possible at this stage of development. Since the release of A3 we've had to abandon some plans for expanding the A2 version as player numbers dwindle it just doesn't become effective to produce that much new content for an older engine. So while I would love to spend a week or two on the simpler issues like the SS crews, realistically its just not likely to happen. Hope you continue to enjoy what we do have ingame though!

Would be 2.6 version the final one for your Arma2 release? And except for some patches, there will be no more new version?

How to say, yes, it may be right to start the new project under Arma3.

But one thing is always very regrettable to lots of the third-party mods and the players as well. Since OFP, it seems the new game and engine of BIS would come in when a Mod got closer to a full release. For instance, I just collected lots of WW2 stuff from various Mods and my own revisions for years and could play very enjoyful WW2 scenarias in OFP, then Arma1 came in. So I had to give them up to chase the new stuff from Arma1. Anyway, the anims and models of the mods based on BIS' new game looked much better. And when such stuff was got from those nice Mods after long waiting, Arma2 began to be sold around! Then we turned to Arma2-based new Mods. So during these stages, it seems we could never get a full release from any mods as expected. The Mod makers also had to give up their original plans for starting new projects with the new BIS game. So every time, we could only get Mods in the status of incompletion. Then a new circle started like those. It's regretful but could be understood.

But this time, I really very hesitate. The stuff based on Arma2 looks so nice and I wish to keep them.

Edited by Fkymplbo

There was some talking about I44 v2.70 for CO. IIRC at the end of an alpha release there is a feature freeze so rushing out to port mod/addon XY just for ALPHA release (and impatient kiddos) is kinda meh, imo.

Would be 2.6 version the final one for your Arma2 release?

No 2.6(x) will not be the final version. 2.7 is the planned final large patch which will be implementing the work Gnat's been doing overhauling all our planes into one balanced system. But we had hoped to have time to develop some other features and units which would accompany this but with A3's release we've decided to instead use the time and resources it would take to work on the A3 version instead so as not to further delay 2.7's release or require future patches if there are problems.

I44's seen every release from OFP to A3 now so we're very familiar with the development cycles. The A1 version was released right as A2 came out and went largely unplayed so a lot of work that went into it was just wasted. The A2 version came out right as the OA expansion was released which required yet another dedicated version, so we've always been playing catch-up until the most recent versions. Since then we've been able to stay on top of development and doing our very best to get releases out as soon as physically possible, whereas before we had some aim for a final product that would be released. We've had much better success with building upon our ready and released content, that's something we want to continue with A3.

By starting work now we're invovled with the development of A3 as well so we can really focus on features and where possible get the support we need from BI which helps us produce better gameplay systems. We haven't moved into full production but we are starting our modellers working on projects so that we do have content that is suitable to bring into A3. While the work you have seen so far done by Macolik at importing our US troops is mostly a test-bed for the process of both porting content, as well as learning how things work in A3.

Ultimately though A2 is a dwindling community, people will always move to the more modern product, and yes while some will revisit old games for whatever reason, the amount of time and effort that goes into the work really isn't worth it to support the few users still playing. While as mod makers we're also tired of the engine its limitations and the new engine opens up a realm of development opportunities to expand our own skillsets that it really is the only sensible option to us.

So yes there will be a "final" A2 version of I44 at some point. We don't know when that will be, or what version number until its released and has been out long enough that we're satisfied its stable to call it a day and move the entire team over A3 to work in earnest on that version of the mod whatever that ends up being :)

I agree with many of your points but I believe that it will be many months, prolly a year or so before A3 offers the maturity that we have on OA.

So I think that I44 will live for many months more.

I think that everyone appreciates your iterative approach.

Yes but don't forget we're not porting I44 straight to A3. A lot of the content just does not hold up in the new engine so a lot of that needs to be built from scratch, which will take months of work so that when A3 is in a mature state, the mod will be as well. Rather than waiting a year or two after its official stable release for a version to be ready. There's also the stack of little features that are easily overlooked that a core part of the I44 experience that need to be ported, or re-developed to work with A3's new systems, such as weapon handling, new inventory systems, and the new features like underwater that we want to take full advantage of. The best way to do that is get in at the ground level.

There's still a ton of stuff to come with 2.7's overhaul that should leave everyone with a very expansive mod to play with, with both the planes on a higher level of simulation than any game out there, there's actually very little for us to do, and nothing to stop the community from producing no end of missions to support the longevity of the mod beyond its development or addition of extra units to maintain interest.

Yes but don't forget we're not porting I44 straight to A3. A lot of the content just does not hold up in the new engine so a lot of that needs to be built from scratch, which will take months of work so that when A3 is in a mature state, the mod will be as well. Rather than waiting a year or two after its official stable release for a version to be ready. There's also the stack of little features that are easily overlooked that a core part of the I44 experience that need to be ported, or re-developed to work with A3's new systems, such as weapon handling, new inventory systems, and the new features like underwater that we want to take full advantage of. The best way to do that is get in at the ground level.

There's still a ton of stuff to come with 2.7's overhaul that should leave everyone with a very expansive mod to play with, with both the planes on a higher level of simulation than any game out there, there's actually very little for us to do, and nothing to stop the community from producing no end of missions to support the longevity of the mod beyond its development or addition of extra units to maintain interest.

Interesting approach. I hope that it works.

Good points on v2.7.

As an aside, here's a few photos hat might interest you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-22246458

Hi,

Couple of queries I'd like help with if possible.

Enjoying the mod's very beautiful presentation etc, however I'm having difficulty understanding a few performance related issues I'm having.

In short, with the official MP & SP missions I'm getting terrible framerates etc when I'm using my usual OA settings & minimal AI (over 40 AI & it's crippled).

I think I'm running a pretty decent high end rig (certainly cutting lumps out of the regular game with @ACE etc (no issues with over 200 AI in play, 80-100fps) - i3770k @4.9, win64, Titan graphics card, system & game on SSD's & 16 G ram. I run @ 1900x1280 res (Arma 3 running like silk pleased to say).

I used the 'Play with Six' install and have tried re-downloading etc.

After a couple of conversations online & some forum searches I've 3 questions :-

1. In my docs folder I have 4 @CBA files, inc @CBA_CO - it's been suggested to me that I can try deleting the latter file to increase frame rate - I'm using a Combined ops install with OA over A2, 1.62 +- beta patch. Is this advice sound ? Isn't there a lot of loss of functionality ? Can't say I noticed much of an improvement (although the Six launcher seems to try to restore the CBA_CO before launch...)

2. Looking at the missions depbo'd it's clear to me that the mission designers aren't suffering from the same framerate issues (some of the other player I encountered online also seemed happy with framerates) - (ok except maybe in the Omaha landing mission (15fps tops), otherwise why load up the maps with so many AI ?

3. What am I missing in my set-up ? Can't fathom the poor performance...

[just to be clear I'm looking for assistance here, not having a go at the mod]

Edited by Guttersnipe

There's definitely something wrong there, I've a far inferior setup i5-3570k@4.3+7850@7870 but running at a similar 1900x1200 and my framerates are fine in I44.

1. What is the target line of your shortcut for OA?

2. what version of OA are you running?

3. What graphics settings have you set? Options > Video > Advanced

@domokun

1. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" (though I'm using the Six Launcher button to launch the mod (no other mods enabled)

2. v1.62 official (& latest beta as selected/updated by the Six tool)

3. vis=2500, tex detail=v high, vid memory=v high; AF=normal; aa=normal; terrain=high; object text=v.high; shadow=normal; hdr=high;PPAA=FXAAlow;post process=disabled; vsynch=off

Can't find the cause, runs reg arma 2 without breaking sweat.

Thanks for the time...

@Guttersnipe try: shadow = high/very high (= GPU does the job), hdr = normal, PPAA = disabled you can also try to set video memory = default, viewdistance you should try much more. Try this with your graphic driver setting on default/auto setup. Run @CBA_CO only with latest betabuilds - you need those three @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA only if you run A2OA older stable/official patch + beta's (see CBA readme/forum thread). Some I44 SP/MP missions are not updated/optimized yet maybe with I44 v2.7 the mission makers will have a look at their work once again an tweak & fix them to be "final & polished". :)

Pretty good advice from NRG, except that I'd:

1) leave VD @ 2500m for now (only increase once your framerates are acceptable)

2) I'd increase AF to very high (it costs almost nothing & improves textures)

3) I'd disable AA (its less efficient than SMAA)

4) lower terrain to normal

5) change PPAA to SMAA Normal (you can increase it later to Very High)

6) increase post-proc to low & use the noBlur mod

Also what version of OA and CBA are you running? Their version numbers should appear in the top right-hand corner of the menu screen?

These tweaks and more are listed here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

Let us know how you get on

Edited by domokun

Quick question. Will 2.7 have new aircraft, or just performance/gameplay tweeks to the existing ones? I remember several months ago seeing some pics for several new planes including the Waco glider, are these planning on being released before you make the switch to A3? If not, would it be possible for you to include them in a WIP folder, if only as a prop? I've been dying to make a mission involving gliders but have had be content with using 31stNormandy's WIP horsa glider that is years old. Thanks for everything you guys have done. A2 maybe a dwindling community but I know that I, and probably others like me will continue to play I44 on A2 for a long while until you guys get it up and running on A3. Again thanks, for a great mod!