SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Umm I think you may have the installation a little confused, as if you were downloading the 7z archives, you would have already opened it to read the instructions. So having read a file inside the file you can't find, I'd guess you are not downloading the archive installation + patch files, so quite what you are doing I really don't know. I would HIGHLY suggest just downloading using Play withSix and let it install and patch the mod up to date for you.

Well it from play with six and it says that some PIAT IRON SIGHT is missing

If you got it from PwS then you don't need to manually patch the files at all. It will download only the current version and prompt you to update should new versions be released. Installing manual patches over a PwS download downgrades those files and will break the mod. Open PwS select Invasion 1944 and then the 'Diagnose' button, it will check your files and redownload any that it needs to run the mod correctly. That should solve your issue.

If you got it from PwS then you don't need to manually patch the files at all. It will download only the current version and prompt you to update should new versions be released. Installing manual patches over a PwS download downgrades those files and will break the mod. Open PwS select Invasion 1944 and then the 'Diagnose' button, it will check your files and redownload any that it needs to run the mod correctly. That should solve your issue.
well it didnt do anything error repeats its self :(

Hi, I just wonder there are any scripts to let AI mortar be able to fire targets in the editor?

well it didnt do anything error repeats its self

You really haven't explained the problem at all well for us to be able to find a way to fix the issue you are having. To be honest at this point I would just say uninstall, and reinstall from scratch because you've obviously done something very wrong not following the install instructions (or rather following too many different ones unrelated to you download method). ALL the information you need is right here: http://www.invasion-1944.com/download-i44/

Hi, I just wonder there are any scripts to let AI mortar be able to fire targets in the editor?

Do you mean AI directed or Player directed? For AI directed theres our Forward Observer model, check the I44 PDF menu for details on its use. For player directed any A2 script should work if you change the appropriate classnames.

Use the forward observer module.

Just place the mortars your going to use a distance a way, then sync them to an officer or someone with binocs that is closer to the enemy,

then when the FO sees some enemy the mortars will fire on the enemy, it is pretty cool, but no scripts needed.

Looks like the last of the 2.66 fixes are in place, so a couple of days testing and barring any issues sneaking in should see a release very soon, will keep you posted.

I used 'Observer' module in the editor. Really awesome explosions and brought very realistic battle atmosphere in the game. But not sure if it's right or maybe I haven't tested much, it seems those soldiers only were shocked down and lay on the ground for a while when the mortar shells exploded nearby, then they stood up to go on fighting and seems few of them were really killed.

Depending on the distance from an explosion units will either be killed outright or knocked unconcious, if the latter then yeah they'll wake back up after a few seconds same as a player would. Its ideal for suppression though allowing you to move in and clear out anyone left after a strike.

If will be in new Update the Gliders..would i be scary about if i will hit a tree with wing ,if i will explode or the wing will "cut of "..second thing about gliders..did you maked Glider like only you much set in Flying or you maked the Glider will be attached to C47 or orther plane ?

Some very small slight delays with 2.66, trying to squeeze as much as possible in without delaying the release too much has been tough, trying to get everything not related to the 2.7 overhaul done and dusted. Think we're almost there, just making some last ditch efforts to get Mars1911's new (actually quite old but never ingame) Willy's MB model in, as well as the much displayed Wespe from Vex-Man, texture by Snorri, and animations by Macolik.

Regarding the Gliders, I really can't say, we've had no involvement in Gnat's overhaul so we're just as eager to see what he's made possible with the new units, especially Yac's new gliders as you all are!

Just a quick update from me. As one of the modelers for Invasion1944 I've been working on re-modelling our German Kar98 rifle to bring it up to modern standards. The basic rifle+Lods etc. is complete and working in game but we still need to finish the scopes etc before we can release it. Hopefully we will get this to you asap!

Here are some pictures - hope you enjoy the update, let use know what you think and I hope you enjoy 2.66 when it comes out!

Guy

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31043123/K98.jpg (502 kB)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31043123/GL.jpg (520 kB)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31043123/Kar98_GrenadeLauncher.jpg (319 kB)

Just a quick update from me. As one of the modelers for Invasion1944 I've been working on re-modelling our German Kar98 rifle to bring it up to modern standards. The basic rifle+Lods etc. is complete and working in game but we still need to finish the scopes etc before we can release it. Hopefully we will get this to you asap!

Here are some pictures - hope you enjoy the update, let use know what you think and I hope you enjoy 2.66 when it comes out!

Guy

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31043123/K98.jpg (502 kB)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31043123/GL.jpg (520 kB)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31043123/Kar98_GrenadeLauncher.jpg (319 kB)

By Jove those renders look fantastic!

I can't wait for 2.66.

Following Guy his wonderfull update on the K98 model, we've also been working on our Willys Jeep which (hopefully) be included in the upcoming update!

willysjeep-ingame01.jpg

willysjeep-ingame02.jpg

willysjeep-ingame03.jpg

willysjeep-ingame04.jpg

willysjeep-ingame05.jpg

I think it would be nice to see the new Kar98 although the current one has been very good to use in the game. By way, is it also the same type that German used in the very start of the war in 1939?

Fantastic work on the rifle and jeep, as always men. The hand weapons are showing their age a bit now, I think I'm right in saying the models go back to ofp times - so they have had a good long life. I hope these models equally have a long and much enjoyed life by the community - maybe another 10 years :cool:

I still hope we get to see your M10 tank destroyer at some stage Marcel, really looking forward to that!!!

What's the deal with the little circles at the bottom left of the maps?

for whatever reason it's throwing off some of my scripts causing explosions to only take place there.

hmm okay, it looks similar, for whatever reason when I pull up my map it shows a a bullseye like shape at where I'm guessing [0,0] is designated on my map. For whatever reason it's throwing off an ambient flak script I'm using.

Then there is probably an issue with the script you are using the is conflicting with it or has a mistake in it. The HUD is pretty widely used and not aware of any problems like that so suggest you check their thread for similar issues as we don't make it we just use it :)

are there any I44 dedicated groups out there, in GMT time zone?

Then there is probably an issue with the script you are using the is conflicting with it or has a mistake in it. The HUD is pretty widely used and not aware of any problems like that so suggest you check their thread for similar issues as we don't make it we just use it :)

Of course, you don't see it in the editor, only on the map during gameplay so I'm sure you're correct. I was wondering because I had past success with it on the Omaha map.

Hey pacUK,

Have a small problem, maybe i missed something somewhere but in a mission, simple mission I built, just a squad againsted a few squads,

when i get hit, and want to heal myself, the dialogue box when you hit tab doesn't come up anymore since I patched the mod, even though I have a medic pack.

i haven't changed any controls, since the last update, and was able to use it before, any ideas?