SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Heh, I regretted starting off making missions with Iron Front and getting it to start with. A dead game abandoned by their developers. I was convinced to give it a shot so I did and I regretted it. I'll be making some missions for I44 (probably some small quick ones on my spare time when I get the chance). I don't know when I'll start. Seems like I44 can use some more missions anyways.

(maybe some hidden and dangerous style)

so i just buy arma 2, update it and download invasion 44, right?? or i need arma 2 combined operation?

cause arma 2 combined operations went on steam sale for 13 USD and now i am tempted

and do i need to install both of them???

Edited by Helljumper

@Helljumper: you need CO (Combined Operations) which is A2 + OA.

Then you're right just install the I44 mod either by download it off Armaholic of by using PlayWithSix (integrated mod downloader, installer & updater).

Then enjoy the in-built missions, get more missions from this forum and/or create your own missions!

@Helljumper: you need CO (Combined Operations) which is A2 + OA.

Then you're right just install the I44 mod either by download it off Armaholic of by using PlayWithSix (integrated mod downloader, installer & updater).

Then enjoy the in-built missions, get more missions from this forum and/or create your own missions!

thanks for your reply. i bought arma combined operations.. its 16 gb to dwnload..so going to take me looooong i think...

i will get IV44 mod after the game is installed.

Fkymplbo

R0adki11

Phantom Six

Guys would you stop already with the Iron Front, comparisons here, I44 this and I44 that, and IF this and that, the only thing that passed away

was you guys from the game, way to support the remaining community that is still building missions for it, is releasing Fallshirmjager units for it,

is planning on fixing and updating the game ourselves, and another coop group still chugging along, for it.

Stop comparing IF with I44 they are not the same game or theater of war, to me WW2 is WW2 be it IF, I44, or HIP, or the other upcoming mods,

I love WW2 and to me having something WW2 to play is better then nothing they all give me options, i play them all based on how I feel or what i want to do,

but quit with the comparison and the ragging on a game that still works, if you dont like it dont play it, so why continue talking about it, move on.

I support the WW2 community here the best I can, so i host all missions for I44, IF, and HIP, and soon IDK when the other two WW2 mods.

When someone gets a WW2 mod released in Arma3, i will also be there to host, but lets not play down the community or something someone else like to play

just because you dont, i dont necessarily care so much for the pacific theater of the war that being the HIP mod, but I dont say well the mod sucks, or I44 is better,

I do like it to a point, my preference is I44 of course because of its theater, I also like Iron front because its the Easter Front which I love the History of,

but i been playing I44 since it was just a demo for OFP.

Anyways as I said i support the WW2 community here, that includes all mods and games that are on BIS's engine, which includes Iron Front.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from as a WW2 fan, i dont mean an pun intentions if you understand what that means, because personally

I dont really care that Awar has done whatever they did, run or quit, IDK, its sad nothing is happening but what can i do,

i have the game so whats the problem, I'll fix it myself, and we will.

I still play I44 for OFP once in a while, but in OFP, mostly the WW2MP mod which has Lib mod (Iron Front's parent mod) in it, and I44, and all the other WW2 addons from

the community, Im a fan of WW2 not a particular mod, or game, as i have more WW2 games that are not on BIS engine.

Sorry Pac dont mean take over the I44 thread if I'm coming across that way.

I wish i could join the I44 team, but what can I do, they need modelers and such so I do my own thing for the mod,

host all the community made missions for it.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

The only thing I do not like about this mod is that they do not have the Panzer 3 models and the Jagdpanther JagdTiger models to play with Kinda sad. Along with the American M4A3E2 and the british Challenger SUpport Tank 9not the MBt one) but this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruiser_Mk_VIII_Challenger if you can could you please add als0o the M4A3E2 link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman

My biggest worry about IF no longer being developed is honestly that we can't point players their way when they ask us to make Russian troops heh. But it is a shame to see the product won't be developed further, there were some great opportunities to show some parts of the war we don't usually see hopefully the community can make that happen still.

With regards to your requests baltic, its a little late in development now. With ArmA3 Alpha available we're looking into what is required to shift development over to the new engine (I hesistate to say 'port'). But for the time being our focus is on fixing issues with the current build, and getting 2.7 out to you guys before we move into full time A3 development.

The A2 version currently still has a lot of issues which were brought over in porting from A1, this is not something we really want to happen again with A3. We hope to be taking full advantage of the new features offered by the engine and make sure our units can make use of as many that are applicable to the WW2 theme. So please do not expect an instant port over with all the current units and content. We're expecting to drop a lot of the older content while new models are built, and focus the port work on those bits of content that will still stand up in the new engine.

As the alpha only just came out we're still waiting on a lot of documentation and examples so we can see whats required to implement the new features so A2 development by no means will be delaying A3 work, but for those expecting a lot of instant content sorry but you'll have to wait a bit longer!

Back in the realm of A2 though, the v2.66(6) patch is progressing well, I'm hoping to include at least one 64 player coop mission, ideally a couple more if time allows for it as well as some improvements to battlegrounds that should help with performance. As well as the usual batch of fixes that should improve performance and gameplay overall. We're hoping to get this patch out as soon as possible so we can really focus on helping Gnat get 2.7 implemented and released sometime afterwards. However some plans for 2.7 such as additional units are likely to be cancelled in favour of the A3 development switch but we'll squeeze in as much as is ready and possible so you all have some fun toys to tide you over with :D

My biggest worry about IF no longer being developed is honestly that we can't point players their way when they ask us to make Russian troops heh. But it is a shame to see the product won't be developed further, there were some great opportunities to show some parts of the war we don't usually see hopefully the community can make that happen still.

With regards to your requests baltic, its a little late in development now. With ArmA3 Alpha available we're looking into what is required to shift development over to the new engine (I hesistate to say 'port'). But for the time being our focus is on fixing issues with the current build, and getting 2.7 out to you guys before we move into full time A3 development.

The A2 version currently still has a lot of issues which were brought over in porting from A1, this is not something we really want to happen again with A3. We hope to be taking full advantage of the new features offered by the engine and make sure our units can make use of as many that are applicable to the WW2 theme. So please do not expect an instant port over with all the current units and content. We're expecting to drop a lot of the older content while new models are built, and focus the port work on those bits of content that will still stand up in the new engine.

As the alpha only just came out we're still waiting on a lot of documentation and examples so we can see whats required to implement the new features so A2 development by no means will be delaying A3 work, but for those expecting a lot of instant content sorry but you'll have to wait a bit longer!

Back in the realm of A2 though, the v2.66(6) patch is progressing well, I'm hoping to include at least one 64 player coop mission, ideally a couple more if time allows for it as well as some improvements to battlegrounds that should help with performance. As well as the usual batch of fixes that should improve performance and gameplay overall. We're hoping to get this patch out as soon as possible so we can really focus on helping Gnat get 2.7 implemented and released sometime afterwards. However some plans for 2.7 such as additional units are likely to be cancelled in favour of the A3 development switch but we'll squeeze in as much as is ready and possible so you all have some fun toys to tide you over with :D

I thought IF's developers never released any modding tools or didn't want people modding it because of their contract with BI?

I can't wait for 2.7

The only thing I do not like about this mod is that they do not have the Panzer 3 models and the Jagdpanther JagdTiger models to play with Kinda sad. Along with the American M4A3E2 and the british Challenger SUpport Tank 9not the MBt one) but this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruiser_Mk_VIII_Challenger if you can could you please add als0o the M4A3E2 link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman

• The Panzer III was out of service by 1944 and most were converted to StuGs.
  • The Jagdpanther is currently WIP
  • The JagdTiger came too late in the war to be really worth adding and it's too damn slow to be of any use ingame except maybe for a slight mobile bunker.
  • The Challenger didn't see any real combat.
  • I can't really say anything about the M4A3E2 "Jumbo" Sherman, but it's defiantly more possible than the top three.

Any chances of the Panzer II Ausf. L though?

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

There were only 100 Panzer II Ausf. L build and production stopped at the end of 1943 - this light tank was primarily designed as recon tank for the Eastern Front. What feels really strange about I44 is this Cryisis like powersliding - doubt that anyone in WW2 did such a movement on every terrain/surface.

Isn't there September 1939 in the making for Eastern Front?

Isn't there September 1939 in the making for Eastern Front?

Somewhere in the middle I think as they focus on Polish forces versus German and Russian rather than the German Russian conflict of '44 that we get asked for ;)

Any chances of the Panzer II Ausf. L though?

Again doubtful we'll be adding anything like this into A2 now with A3 released in its Alpha state we really want to start development there so we'll be finalising content we do have and getting that out as soon as we can in a nice stable state so everyone has something to tide them over while the A3 version is developed.

What feels really strange about I44 is this Cryisis like powersliding - doubt that anyone in WW2 did such a movement on every terrain/surface.

Sliding to cover is pretty possible on most terrain, granted on tarmac it is likely to leave a nice big hole in your leg in real life, we can't limit movement depending on the ground texture though and as most of our maps are either grass+ mud or snow+mud it would be very possible to do in most situations as its pretty much a football (soccer :P) sliding tackle, the main purpose is to provide a movement that maintains a high speed of movement and a much smaller visible target over short distrances which I think it does pretty well :)

Work on 2.66 continues, we've finally managed to track down and eliminate the age old see through helmet bug so ATI owners can look forward to having Anti Aliasing back on without the ugly transparent effect ruining your immersion! Other fixes are rolling in thick and fast so expect news on the release soon!

Looking forward to v2.66, the fixes and the new content.

Well done on nailing that small but significant bug!

My biggest worry about IF no longer being developed is honestly that we can't point players their way when they ask us to make Russian troops heh.

Heh, I can provide you with an untextured model of a KV-1 that I started for IF if you ever want to include Russian troops ;)

Hey I44 team!

first of all GREAT MOD!!!

second are you guys going to continue on the Arma 2 version after Arma 3 is released and if you don't wouldn't it be an idea to make a Holland landscape to continue the "story" from D-day to Market Garden? I mean you have done the battle of the bulge but you skipped Holland

BR

Rob

second are you guys going to continue on the Arma 2 version after Arma 3 is released and if you don't wouldn't it be an idea to make a Holland landscape to continue the "story" from D-day to Market Garden? I mean you have done the battle of the bulge but you skipped Holland

No we'll be halting work on the A2 version at some point after 2.7's release to focus on ArmA3, the location is still undecided, we've always pushed to try and cover areas that theres an interest in from both the community and the team itself, but there's also the engine to consider, with A3 the core content is obviously for their Greek islands so we're looking at making the most of that new content over porting old buildings into the new engine as we've done in the past. Holland wasn't something we skipped over as its something the mod has covered before in previous versions so things like the bulge were much more interesting at the time. Quite what we'll end up creating and porting over to A3 is still very much up in the air, but as ever if people want to contribute with specific content we're always looking for new members to help us creae it, with A3 just releasing its a great time to start learning!

Heh, I can provide you with an untextured model of a KV-1 that I started for IF if you ever want to include Russian troops

One tank does not a faction make ;) Thanks for the offer, as always we won't write off the idea of covering that part of the war in some way at some point, but really without a decent compliment of dedicated modellers to task with it, its always a much more feasible option for us to expand on the content we do have and aiming for a decent balance between the factions we do create ingame.

Well done on nailing that small but significant bug!

Heh we tried so many various fixes and it ended up being something very simple we just overlooked it time and time again, Macolik finally nailed it down during his work on some A3 tests and it was a really easy fix to apply (I just hope I didn't create any new ones doing so heh) so a real relief to finally scratch it off the list! Now if only we could figure out the transparent panther issue doh!

Edited by PacUK

@Rob_Mayall

if you like to see some small part of Market Garden in I44 mod. You can try my campaign Paratroopers. Nothing big (only 4 mission campaign) but it's better than nothing. ;)

One tank does not a faction make ;) Thanks for the offer, as always we won't write off the idea of covering that part of the war in some way at some point, but really without a decent compliment of dedicated modellers to task with it, its always a much more feasible option for us to expand on the content we do have and aiming for a decent balance between the factions we do create ingame.

I know, it was meant as a joke more or less. From just making one tank (not even finishing it) I can imagine how much work a whole army is. Hats off to you and the team

@Rob_Mayall

if you like to see some small part of Market Garden in I44 mod. You can try my campaign Paratroopers. Nothing big (only 4 mission campaign) but it's better than nothing. ;)

LOL :cool: downloaded your pack 3 days ago without reading your post!

BR Rob

Looks like the first GI´s found their way into A3A world. 8) Tunisian or sicilian campaign would be obvious choice.

Yes, but we also need island with ww2 buldings ;)

Hey guys can anyone help me with the installation of the v2.61 update for the Arma2 mod Invasion 1944? I´ve read the instruction in the Read Me but I even cannot fulfil the first step "1. Open the archive file I44-ARMA2CO-v2-61-Hotfix.7z with 7-Zip (...)". I downloaded 7-zip and searched for the archive file but I really couldn´t find this file! ( Couldnt find it neither through 7-zip nor the common search for files etc. ). So my question is where and how I can open this mentioned archive file. It would be very kind of you guys if you would help me and explain it to me for dummies because obviously I am really a noob relating to this kind of stuff ...

Umm I think you may have the installation a little confused, as if you were downloading the 7z archives, you would have already opened it to read the instructions. So having read a file inside the file you can't find, I'd guess you are not downloading the archive installation + patch files, so quite what you are doing I really don't know. I would HIGHLY suggest just downloading using Play withSix and let it install and patch the mod up to date for you.