SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Fantastic! Really glad to see you've fixed the cannon recoil, it's one of those features you take for granted, but really adds to the immersion.

:yay::bounce3::yay:

Somehow a line of code had snuck into the tank recoil script that broke that, very glad Mac spotted that one. Just remember the more recent beta's will break features like that, on that note if anyone experimenting with the latest beta's does figure out any reason/cause for this and other features not to work, please get in touch we are trying to locate the problem so we can submit a ticket to BI and get it dealt with before 1.63 rolls out as a stable patch!

Thanks for the update, though i hadn't much time to test previous build, you're working so fast !

Jeez, you guys really don't sleep, do you :P

Brilliant work, looking forward to the weekend having just downloaded the update & raided Gunter'r repository for some SP missions!

Cheers

Orc

The mortars/fwd observer module are brilliant! Hadn't actually tried them before tonight, what a difference it makes to the battlefield.

Heh 144 posts jiltedjock, I really hope that one was posting here lol... love it when than happens! Yeah the FO module sure does add some tension, take out the observer!

Issue solved, thanks all!

Edited by PacUK

I'm not personally using beta patches, but the new tank effects still seem to be missing on the Churchill and Cromwell. :confused:

That's very odd as I've just tested them again myself and both seem to be working fine for me, are you sure you're using/loading CBA correctly and have placed the Armor Penetration module (and as someone suggested, saving your mission before previewing). Also are you getting anything in your RPT? Finally how and what have you installed I44 from (archives, pws etc) and if manually are you sure you installed all the required patches in the correct order (2.6, 2.61, 2.62, 2.63, 2.64, 2.65)?

Hi Pac, the bit about saving mission before preview seems to have done the trick with the effects, they're working now - I seem to have missed that trick!

But something else I've just noticed in the editor - if you set up a Churchill side-on and aim at it any lower than halfway down the hull, down to the wheels, shells seem to pass straight through the model and hit the ground beyond!

Could be an issue with the hitbox, or it could just be the round penetrating right through heh. My guess would be the first, unfortunately I don't have too much time to deal with it right now as I'm desperately trying to find the source of the issues with the new beta so the problems don't get rolled into the next 'stable release' patch from BI. Best bet is to report in on our DH with reproduction steps/screenies etc so I don't forget cheers!

Just took a quick look over the hitbox geometry and there doesn't seem to be any obvious problems with the geo-lods around the hull/tracks (though I have been having issues with the turret weirdly enough). So yeah until I get some more time, aim high! :D

A note to those running PwS, Sickboy has had to revert to distributing the current beta patch which causes many issues with I44, so I highly recommend rolling back manually, then following these steps to prevent PwS forcing the beta to re-update: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/how_to_manually_control_arma_2_oa_beta_patch_updates.

Build 100697

Edited by PacUK

Done.

Regarding the Churchill it's always bothered me how dark it looks in-game, and the shade of green looks a bit odd - no offense to the original creator, they've done a great job - but I've taken the liberty of tweaking the textures for it in Photoshop, shadow/highlight, saturation and whatnot. Would you be interested in me sending the texture to you with a view to replacing the original if you see fit?

I think the below matches the Sherman's a lot better and doesn't look as odd when used together.

<a  href=Ch1.jpg' alt='Ch1.jpg'>

Really enjoying v2.65, especially C&H :D

Just a few comments:

1. Don't use the mounted_mg_dispersion mod with this as it prevents AI from using machine guns on your tank (!?)

2. Is there any chance of having an auto-initialise version of the new tank damage model (via CBA? like Dapman's First Aid module?)

3. Are there any large-scale missions that showcase British/Commonwealth units? Because most of the C&H missions seem to feature US troops. That'd be a shame given that more Commonwealth troops landed on D-Day than US...

Would you be interested in me sending the texture to you with a view to replacing the original if you see fit?

I think the issue lies more with the shaders than the texture itself, from the screeny it looks a little blander than it should be with a lot of the finer detail getting lost. I'm a bit useless when it comes to A2's super shaders so it'll take me a while to get my head around them before I can do anything directly, keep hold of the texture though we may roll it in at somepoint if theres time (and if Guy doesn't want to update his model himself).

Just a few comments:

1. Can take a look into this but wouldn't that result in the guns being super accurate without the dispersion?

2. It is something we wanted to do with that and a couple of the other modules and instead have modules to disable our core features if users didn't want them, a lack of coders has made this a little difficult to achieve however.

3. This is mainly because I wasn't sure what limitations Frizy and Faust had originally coded into the C&H mission template, but from working with them more and more it seems the classes are irrelevant so I've been hoping to do a British mission or five, just a matter of having the time to restructure stuff also means changing some other aspects of the template for weapons and such which I've just not had time to do yet, once I have the current templates locked down and working with minimal/no issues I'll then look at making a british version but will wait until that's locked down so I dont then have more versions to apply multiple fixes to later down the line.

Okely Dokely, I was trying to get a bit closer to something this:

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205188966

Once tanks had been in the 'field' for a bit, especially in dry, dusty places like Normandy 44 and Italy as the pic above - they did tend to look a bit colorless and washed out. With the allied armor looking like something between Olive-drab and grey...

Edited by archsceptic.

No worries I totally understand where you were coming from on the texture front, trying to maintain a colour scheme between the vehicles produced by different modellers and texture artists over such a huge period of time has been very difficult. Again keep hold of the texture and I'll be in touch if we decide on the old switcheroo.

On a positive note we've located the source of the issues with the beta patches and everything should be back to normal soon enough so no worries, big thanks to kju, Sickboy and Macolik for pinning down the problem and beating it into submission :D

At last some working tank damage system, thank you so much !

I mean, its not perfect, and still need tweaking but tank battles is totally other experience now :D

(pzIVd main gun is really too powerfull)

Any issues you find with damage etc should be reported over on Dev-Heaven with appropriate source information where available, current data is all based on historical records of the weapons and armour but its possible a decimal point slipped here and there.

2. It is something we wanted to do with that and a couple of the other modules and instead have modules to disable our core features if users didn't want them, a lack of coders has made this a little difficult to achieve however.

3. This is mainly because I wasn't sure what limitations Frizy and Faust had originally coded into the C&H mission template, but from working with them more and more it seems the classes are irrelevant so I've been hoping to do a British mission or five, just a matter of having the time to restructure stuff also means changing some other aspects of the template for weapons and such which I've just not had time to do yet, once I have the current templates locked down and working with minimal/no issues I'll then look at making a british version but will wait until that's locked down so I dont then have more versions to apply multiple fixes to later down the line.

2. Oh dear. I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe if we could pin-point another mod that does something similar you could contact the modder and reverse engineer it?

3. Quite. I was thinking something similar. Once the template was nailed down, it might be easier to crank out different flavours.

I think he is talking about this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9712 . I don't have any experience of that mod. I can say that I am happy with the dispersion in I44 though.

Spot on! It wasn't meant as a criticism. Only as a warning. I spent hours last night trying to track down which of my many mods was degrading, rather than enhancing my I44 experience.

I decided to share this with you guys so that you spend less time debugging and more time fighting!

Hi

SP players may be pleased to learn that thomsonb gave me an enthusiastic response to the proposal for a Flashpoint i44. Now I just have to decide which map to use :)

Will post in the Flashpoint thread when ready.

Not my field but thomsonb just released an MP Flashpoint mission. If the i44 SP version works OK he might be persuaded to make an MP version of there's enough interest.

Cheers

Orc

A possible bug report:

Tanks seem to be immune to mine damage (stock & I44).

Tested with several german tanks with the Armor Penetration Module on the map.

I just want someone to confirm this prior to creating a ticket, to make sure I don't have a corrupted installation or something.

Awesome job in any case! Congratulations.

Cheers,

D.

EDIT: This is with latest CBA_CO & the latest beta (1480)

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Tanks seem to be immune to mine damage (stock & I44).

Shouldn't be the case, Animosity did go through and ensure tanks were generally only getting their tracks damaged. Stock mines probably haven't been taken into account just the I44 ones but I'll give them a look next time I'm in the editor. Possibly brought about by the new beta etc as they defintely worked last time I tested them. Certain you saved the mission after placing the module? Seems to be a common issue.