SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Yes you need to place the Armor Penetration module for it to have any effect, otherwise tanks will explode left and right from minimal damage. We are considering making the module activated by default so it doesn't have to be placed, however sometimes you may not want or need the extra scripts running so for now it will remain an "optional but suggested" module :)

Depends if you're using Six-Updater or Play withSix as they are two different applications that run on the same network. PwS being the more "user-friendly" one for inexperienced mod players. Consult their document and the settings and you should be able to see the default location but at a guess its the ArmA2 folder in your Documents folder.

Yep thanks, Point was I did place the A.P. module in editor but simply having played it as a preview, it didn't seem to work. However once saved etc it works fine........Well I say fine, I mean Bloody marvellous !

Re the 6 thing, Im using play with 6 or play for 6 year olds or something :D. I can't grumble too much as it works really well. Can't say it enough. I44 has always been a cut above, you have now polished it into a really excellent Mod. Well done and really, thank you !

Hi jiltedjock, but that's why I said anecdotal evidence is not scientific evidence. I have the utmost respect for the veterans in the Tankies programs, my own great uncle served as a Radio operator in Crusader's and Sherman's in N. Africa and Italy - and I'll regret forever being too shy to ask him about his experiences years ago when I had the chance. But the way those types of programs are produced leads people to go away having watched it believing the myths and half-truths, and it's irresponsible journalism and history telling to only tell half the story. For example, the first program highlighted the relative poor performance of the 2pdr anti-tank gun without making a single mention of the 6pdr - which penetrated every tank the German's put in front of it in N. Africa - two years later during Market Garden 1st Airborne were still using it to knock out everything the German's put on the battlefield. For its weight and class it was one of the best anti-tank guns of the war.

Regards the sloping armor, with 50mm thick armor whether it is sloping or oblique is not going to make one iota of difference when you are up against the German 88mm and 75mm. The Sherman had sloping armor, what did that save it from that the Cromwell's oblique armor could not? Nothing. As I said before, mobility and good HE were going to be the best defense against such. If the allies had produced tanks with thicker armor - this would have been at the sacrifice of mobility - and would have led to a bigger catastrophe for the allied tankers.

I don't want to derail this thread too much away from I44's achievements, but below is another youtube link to some good tank warfare history, and makes for good listening.

Operation Think Tank 2012 Part 1 through to 12

P.S. I did mean to mention the nice addition of smoke shells to some tanks in the latest patch in my earlier post, also it's great how smoke comes the driver's vision slit on the Tiger when it's knocked out! ;)

Are the armaholic patch and the PWS patch different??

They shouldn't be, Sickboy downloaded the archive I uploaded to Armaholics ftp and made it available via Six. Its possibe it was repackaged or made available in a repackaged archive as well as the original on Armahloc. Why are you having issues?

Is it just me or has the recoil for all the tank's main cannon's disappeared in this latest version?

Noticed it a bit ago when I set up a battle in the editor, then did a test fire in the editor to check - all Sherman's, Churchill, Tiger and Panther's all seem to have no recoil - I'm pretty sure there was recoil there before. :butbut:

Yup, I have no idea what caused it, no changes were made, and no one who originally helped set it up is around anymore to help point me to fixing it, so thats just how it is now I'm afraid.

That's a shame, maybe the code for the new damage system is somehow conflicting with the bit of code for the recoil.

Doubt it, but as I'm not a coder and didn't make either system, I really can't say. Wouldn't hold out much hope that it'll get fixed I'm afraid.

Its always been a sporadic issue, as its a scripted event, sometimes the script was unable to fire. I know nothing changed with the models, so its entirely a scripting issue, but the reason/cause is a mystery to me. But with 2.64 I became well aware that it had stopped entirely as I spent about 2 solid days chasing it to no avail.

The past two beta patches seem to be causing some people some issues, especially with the tank HUD. If you are experiencing troubles please check our dev-heaven post for it here:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70587

Let us know if you're using ATI or Nvidia, and if versions both 101334 and 101480 builds of the beta patch are affected. I'm running 101334 on ATI and don't appear to have the issue (will be checking latest asap). Seems to be an issue caused by the beta rather than by us though.

Looks like the new beta patch (101480) broke both the cannon recoil and the custom HUD system. Currently trying to figure out why...

Confirmed 101480 breaks the HUD on both ATI and Nvidia.

with the P-47, we still have the radar.

moreover, it's almost impossible to aim with this plane, the crosshair is too low.

with the P-47, we still have the radar.

moreover, it's almost impossible to aim with this plane, the crosshair is too low.

1. Its no use reporting issues on here, please use Dev-Heaven.

2. We're well aware of plane issues, but have avoided fixing any as Gnat is working on a complete plane overhaul so any and all changes to planes will be coming in the 2.7 patch.

A little note on A2 beta's it seems the lastest build 101480 is causing numerous problems and preventing our extended event handlers from working, we're trying to track the cause but so far are coming up blank. Suggest you all use build 101334 or earlier to avoid issues with I44 for now until we or BI can address the problems raised with the latest version.

Gonna try and get a hotfix out in the next week or two, but we're pretty dependant on a new beta patch solving the XEH issues we seem to be having with the new beta build. It will be purely a bug-fix patch so no new units etc. Got a number of issues fixed so far (new and old) and gonna try and hit a few more. Please be sure to use Dev-Heaven and report any issues you encounter so we can fix as much as possible! Thanks to those of you who already are, it really does make our lives a lot easier!

Edited by PacUK

PacUK do you will put in I44 the Gliders what was been on pictures ? (or maybe is in it but i didnt found it )

Gliders will be coming with the 2.7 aircraft overhaul at the earliest, Yac just finished the Horsa (Waco was previously pictured) so they'll be plenty of options for players to make sure of them. Not sure if we'll have an actual tow mechanism or just allow them to be put in flying and land. We'll have to wait and see what magic Gnat and Yac can come up with!

Ah the Horsa possibly my favorite out of all the gliders looking forward to 2.7 seeing how the

aircraft overhaul turns out :D

You and me both :) We've had Gnat locked in a bunker so we've seen as much as anyone really on the progress, it should really help bring the final piece of the mod into play alongside the tank penetration system, and injury/medical system, we'll probably have the only WW2 game with Infantry, Armor and Aircraft to near simulation levels of detail on the market! Oh and we're free! We really do spoil you :D

One thing I have noticed whilst having a lot of fun with the tanks - but I don't know if it is new so am just looking for confirmation from other players :) - is that commander MGs on tanks are being fired while the crew is turned in. Thoughts anyone?

Its only possible on some tanks, the Tiger with MG34 commander mount for example you have to turn out. It used to be a limitation of the engine we were stuck with, but Mac figured out how to implement so that you had to turn out. However I dunno how it was done so haven't been able to implement anywhere else since but I'm sure we'll get around to it at somepoint.

Update: ahah inGunnerMayFire = false; in the turrets config seems to do it. Can't promise I'll have time to implement it for 2.65 hotfix but will try to. Gets a bit tough as some vehicles have interior periscopes etc and I 100% do not have a clue which those were. So likely to get a few complaints when I get it wrong ;)

Edited by PacUK

That issue is about hull. gunners, as in co-drivers and radio operators using their machine guns, not the top mounted Commander MG's. The Hull gunners can and should be able to fire turned in or out as the trigger is inside the hull. The top mounted mg's however you have to climb out to reach the trigger unless the tank (such as the hetzer) users a linked periscope to control movement from inside.

Edited by PacUK