SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Great to see the patch is out, :) I hope you enjoy winter neaville more now that the ground-texture is fixed. :)

(and I hope people play the battleground-missions on Neaville and Omaha instead of domination ;) )

especially once sites like Armaholic repackage them to 'ease' download confusion

Sigh, you are right...........no idea what I was thinking trying to support the community.

Sigh, you are right...........no idea what I was thinking trying to support the community.

I think you took that a little wrong mate, my point is once you've repackaged it, its not in any format or configuration we have setup, so if people encounter problems, we cannot guide them through the process of your alternative downloads as we aren't familiar with how its been repackaged. Its hard enough to do with our own patch archives let alone one I've never seen or downloaded. Its great that you can provide a pre-patched full download of the mod, its not something we can do with each small (or not so small) patch. PwS eliminates any need for us to even have to support how install the mod as it does all that for the user which is ideal for inexperienced ArmA users, which since DayZ there is an awful lot more of.

Thanks for the release guys, the constant support and upgrades of this mod are simply amazing :notworthy:

Thanks for the release, can someboddy make a video/pic of the tank system and the new german W. Fallschirmjager? to kill the time till my download is done ^^

anyway keep up the great work guys

I am having issues running this mod through playwithsix, I just updated it to the latest version but when I run it Arma 2 normal loads up but with @CBA_A2 @CBA_OA @CBA. When I run the invasion44.exe that is inside the @I44 folder it says @CBA: Not Found!, @I44: Not Found! and A2 Path: Found.

If I copy the invasion44.exe to the root folder where my mods are then they are all found but I get a bunch of other errors.

The only thing that may be unusual with my setup is my 'My Documents' folder is on my D drive.

Best bet is to report it over on dev-heaven but looking at it I think its the same one we were experiencing very randomly and unable to find the actual cause. Though thinking about it now I think I may have an idea that the tank is registering infantry boarding as a hit when they collide with the model's geometry looking at that picture it seems a likely cause.

Its actually the suggested location for mods from BI (though I don't think they ever told anyone). You can however easily change this directory, click the ArmA2 button at the top, then settings, then change the field next to Mods folder. Nothing is forced, you just didn't read the manual ;)

If I click on the ArmA 'button' I get a blank pane open up on the right hand side with no options to chose anything - besides I've already lost too much time with it to bother with it anymore. :yay:

I have an issue that is not specific to this mod. The mod contains the missions and mpmissions folder but my game never sees those unless I copy them directly to the game install folder in steam. Anyone know of a workaround for this?

If I click on the ArmA 'button' I get a blank pane open up on the right hand side with no options to chose anything - besides I've already lost too much time with it to bother with it anymore. :yay:

you don't have the right to complain of pws if you don't use their support system.

And since pws works for hundred thousands people it's unlikely something related to their product but more likely you messed up intallation or configuration,but this is not the right place to talk about these things.

For me it's better to drop the old way of delivering patch and release only with SU and pws.In this way devs don't have to waste time in packing stuff and follow each user that can't install a mod/patch,and they can release more frequent updates that we, the players, can benefit instantly and the same is for bug reporting/fixing. we don't have to wait months for a bug with an already existing fix that can't be released because we have to wait other things will be added to the patch.

Imho ACE devs have chosen the right way

you don't have the right to complain of pws if you don't use their support system.

And since pws works for hundred thousands people it's unlikely something related to their product but more likely you messed up intallation or configuration,but this is not the right place to talk about these things.

For me it's better to drop the old way of delivering patch and release only with SU and pws.In this way devs don't have to waste time in packing stuff and follow each user that can't install a mod/patch,and they can release more frequent updates that we, the players, can benefit instantly and the same is for bug reporting/fixing. we don't have to wait months for a bug with an already existing fix that can't be released because we have to wait other things will be added to the patch.

Imho ACE devs have chosen the right way

I don't have the right to complain? Where do you think I live, North Korea? besides I'm not complaining - I simply personally prefer to do things the way I like to do things.

Blame only those people who are just too lazy/dumb to download, unpack and copy/overwrite files - only they "know" what is soooo difficult about it incl. reading the readme/manual! The more options one has to download the better - forcing all people to download + using a specific download tool/app launcher isn't so nice at all. ;)

Ugh can you guys stop bringing up discussions about PWS after every friggin release? Just deal with it D:

Sorry, you're right Macolik, I don't want to take the gloss off the work you guys are doing, which is the most important thing and what you should be getting credit for.

I am having issues running this mod through playwithsix, I just updated it to the latest version but when I run it Arma 2 normal loads up but with @CBA_A2 @CBA_OA @CBA. When I run the invasion44.exe that is inside the @I44 folder it says @CBA: Not Found!, @I44: Not Found! and A2 Path: Found.

If I copy the invasion44.exe to the root folder where my mods are then they are all found but I get a bunch of other errors.

The only thing that may be unusual with my setup is my 'My Documents' folder is on my D drive.

You REALLY need to read the instructions for download and use. The EXE files have been redundant for quite a few versions, and are no longer needed. It uses a hardcoded system and was to help users to run the mod by loading CBA (which many... many... MANY people didn't/still don't load with the mod). It should not be in any of the up-to date installation or run instructions, I'll speak to Sickboy about removing those to just avoid the confusion. On the missions front, yes you have to move those folders, PwS cannot modify the default A2 directories including the missions folders so you must copy/move those files by hand (again described in the install instructions).

besides I've already lost too much time with it to bother with it anymore.

Ok now imagine the same issue in reverse times by how many users of the mod we have, seriously the amount of time we used to have to dedicate to supporting peoples installs was tremendous. There was a time I spent more of my modding free time dealing with just that part of the community contact and when most of that is repasting install instructions we spent time writing out only to reword it again and again. We simply don't have the time, energy, people, or resources to do it these days, when 2.64 was pretty much a 2-3 man job tech support really isn't something we can afford to spend time on when there are systems in place that negate 90% of those issues arising in the first place.

The more options one has to download the better - forcing all people to download + using a specific download tool/app launcher isn't so nice at all.

You obviously have never tried to release a mod of this size with several options. We did this with 2.0, both installer and archive versions were available, upload of the archive version alone to several websites took 11 hours per site. I then got to do it all over again with EXE installer versions several times. Our current PwS distribution minimises that to one single upload of an archive, in 2.64's case to Armaholics FTP which Sickboy can then access and place on the file repository. Once we actually have direct access we would be able to patch and hotfix any day or time it was needed. Having to release in these steady patch increments delays fixes and updates until its "worth" distributing with release posts, youtube vids, news site posts taking up an awful lot of extra time (or just not having time to do them at all). The reason for pushing Six (both Play with and Updater) is we will hopefully get to a point where files will be fixed or updated as they are needed and it just won't be possible to release an archive for each one. So while we may do public 'stable' releases every so often, the main distribution point will be Six networks as it just makes our lives endlessly easier.

Ugh can you guys stop bringing up discussions about PWS after every friggin release? Just deal with it D:

It is getting really old, and reminiscent of the domination debates. We're now 4 pages past release and there's barely any feedback on the fixes and additions from 2.64, more tech support, bug reports and arguments, none of which should really be here, we have public forums for off-topic and mod related talk, the BI topic really should be for discussion and feedback on the mod releases, its thoroughly disheartening to put all this effort in and not know how the patch has actually been recieved by the community, it really makes me want to crawl back into bed. So how about a bit more about how people are finding the patch, and less of the back and forths thanks!

Edited by PacUK

This wednesday we play our TvT campaign,i'll give you some feedback for sure.For what i've seen so far (and i didn't play a lot 2.64 since now) you really did a great job with bug fixing.

For the tank overhaul i really like the effects,i don't think A2 engine allow to go any further with visible effects of damages and holes.

That said i've found allies vs axis tank battles less frustrating than expected.I managed to knock out tigers with 75 mm sherman with usually to shot also at 900 meters far.

But i really need to test more also with and without Ai

I managed to knock out tigers with 75 mm sherman

The 75 and firefly's really are worth their weight in gold now when it comes to tank vs tank battles especially the heavier German ones. Just don't expect the regular armed Sherman to pack quite the same punch though ;)

Ok this is a nice joke.

New update out and is great, love it GOOD JOB Pac & Co!!

What do I see.... one server 82nd runing Chernarus island Dominantion. No keys are activated so any one can feel free to join and hack the server to stoneage if they want to and ruin the game.

My personal opinion is that it is disrespectfull to run Chernarus Domination. All this hard working free mod and endless of hours put into this great mod and alot of custom island just made for the mod, alot of custom mission made and even more missions now after the update.

I rather see no INV44 servers at all then a server runing Chernarus Domination. If you going to run a server please run it correct and at least turn on the check for correct key so get rid of hackers.

Why nobody runing a server with IN44 ISLAND and missions that comes with the mod?:annoy:

I've had the chance to give the new version a good workout in the editor, and you guys have done a magnificent job as always. A special mention for Animosity who must have spent a lot of time poring through technical data to get to this point.

Maybe in future the explosion could be toned down a bit for when a tank erupts? :confused: They seem to go off like a supernova. But that's only a trivial gripe - thanks as always guys! :)

Regarding the amount playing online - I'm a strictly offline player myself - but maybe it's a case of all things being equal, it's an aging game now, I44 has a smaller team than it used to and maybe the player base is also smaller than it used to be? But it's a shame the mod is not utilized to its full potential.

Maybe in future the explosion could be toned down a bit for when a tank erupts? :confused: They seem to go off like a supernova. But that's only a trivial gripe - thanks as always guys! :)

did you activated the penetration/addictional effects module in editor? because in my first test i forgot to activate it and in fact tanks got the supernova effect.Once activated the explosion became very rare and replaced by smoke and fire accordingly to shell type and point of impact

did you activated the penetration/addictional effects module in editor? because in my first test i forgot to activate it and in fact tanks got the supernova effect.Once activated the explosion became very rare and replaced by smoke and fire accordingly to shell type and point of impact

Yep, I always use penetration/additional effects module - so don't know, maybe it's random and I just happen to be getting a lot of occurrences. :confused:

Yep, I always use penetration/additional effects module - so don't know, maybe it's random and I just happen to be getting a lot of occurrences.

Sounds a bit odd, the largest explosion only happens in very rare cases I believe when the ammo/fuel is hit in a worse case scenario so you should only really see that with larger guns versus smaller tanks.

2.64 seems to be going well so far, got a chance to see the larger 50v50 actually in action and despite my international connection lag adding to the already pretty bad lag, it was fecking awesome! Thanks to everyone that played. I'll be making an effort to tweak both of the 100 player missions over the next couple of days to improve performance as much as possible so please do bear with it, its not something easily tested without players so the more we play it the better it will get!