SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

why do you want display names? - most people use classlists for spawning and you wouldn't use display names for that.

the raw data is in the configs, depbo the .pbos https://dev-heaven.net/projects/52/wiki/Eliteness

Having hand placed every single unit during testing, I can tell you this is not the best way to produce a class list. As jiltedjock suggested, you're better off unpacking the base files where all the data is kept, and extracting the fields you want, probably with some formatting so you'd have the class names folowed by its display name for reference, not two seperate lists that you have to stick together by hand.

For me the previous links and examples you posted are just fine. I can absolutely use that without a problem, so big thanks :)

What I suggested was that if I can have some raw data (lists perhaps) with class names and display names in same text file I could use some batch conversion tools and create neat classlists for others to use since the ones you linked are sort of outdated. This is of course not necessary at all. It's also sort of easy to blend the classnames and display names together in a single text file, however they are easier to use if split apart since you can then copy-paste all classnames without display names interfering and use start and end characters for batch conversion.

An example bellow (just random stuff) done with start and end replacements once that took around 20-30 seconds from opening the text file, setting proper replacement entries and pasting it here:

SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_MGCrew_AG,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_ATCrew_M3,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Bazooka,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M1Mine,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M1A1Bangalore,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M2DemoCharges,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M37DemoKit,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M2_2,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1Garand_M7,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1903A3_M1,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_M1Carbine,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1919A4,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Medic,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_C,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_G,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Carbine,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Garand,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1A1Thompson,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_CO_M1Carbine,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_CO_M1911A1,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_RTO_M1Carbine,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Sniper_M1903A4,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1Carbine,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1Garand,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1903A3,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1918A2,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Thompson,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_M3Greasegun,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M1911A1,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M3Greasegun,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Crew_NCO_M1911A1,1,0,0];
SpawnSomething [i44_Man_A_Army_Crew_Eng,1,0,0];

Edited by MAVEN

You already have access to the raw data, the base files (i44_base_v _w _m) that contain all the classnames and code for every unit. What we are suggesting is you unpack those files and script a way to retrieve the classname fields. Rather than hand placing every unit and having to extrac the information that way. A class list needs to be readable, hence every class needs to be listed under some sort of descriptive title or alongside its string name to be properly readable, some names do make sense, others will read as junk unless you already are very familiar with the unit types and variants. We can only provide the classlists already made. We do not have time to make lists for you to use, you can make those just as easily yourself and you have the time to spare as we don't. There's a number of classlists already available and any names you don't have can easily be retrieved by many methods so I'm really at a loss as to what we're expected to do here or with that info sorry Maven. The start and end stuff is gonna take seconds once you have the list no matter what, its the generation of the initial list thats time consuming and none of this helps retrieve them any quicker than placing them on a mission. Or just copying them from say the hundreds of DAC configs included with the missions already with the mod, or provided by other players.

Back onto 2.64, hit a few snags seems a few units model.cfg have rolled back a bit and lost some basic fixes so I'm picking through the vehicles today in an effort to fix those which is of course leading me to other issues so there may be some small delay while I get these in order hopefully only a day or two though.

That sounds awesome, the sad part is however that I am a rookie with A2's scripting (started only recently) so getting everything right would take some time, of which speaking off I don't have much freely available either as holiday season is ending and lots of work is kicking in. So the new classlist is either delayed or dropped I suppose :)

Looking forward to 2.64, even if it comes after a month from now :p

If you extract the pbo using the link I gave you it would be a 3 or 4 hours to create the lists. It's just text - if you must, do it in notepad++ , delete all the stuff you don't need and tidy it up. But - take a step back and look at this sample from the DAC config I gave you -

"I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M3Greasegun",
"I44_Man_A_AAF_Pilot_M1911A1",
"I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Carbine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1Garand",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1Garand_M7",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1Carbine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_RTO_M1Carbine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1903A3",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1903A3_M1",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1918A2",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Thompson",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M3Greasegun",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M37Ithaca",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1919A4",
"I44_Man_A_Army_M1A1Bazooka",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Sniper_M1903A4",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M37DemoKit",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M2DemoCharges",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M1A1Bangalore",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M1Mine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Engr_M2_2",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Medic",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_M1911A1",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_Eng",
"I44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_M1Carbine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_ATCrew_M3",
"I44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_C",
"I44_Man_A_Army_MCrew_G",
"I44_Man_A_Army_MGCrew_AG",
"I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Carbine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1Garand",
"I44_Man_A_Army_NCO_M1A1Thompson",
"I44_Man_A_Army_Crew_NCO_M1911A1",
"I44_Man_A_Army_GunCrew_NCO_M1911A1",
"I44_Man_A_Army_CO_M1Carbine",
"I44_Man_A_Army_CO_M1911A1"
];

What,really, is adding the display names going to do to make this a more readable list? The weapon type is in the classname, the display name adds nothing else. IMHO.

Why 4-5 hours? It would take maximum 30 minutes I guess, with ConTEXT that is.

Anyway, I need just classnames, something both you and Pac supplied, so no need to push this one further :)

I see you know a lot about DAC, can you help me solve these issues? - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?99753-Dynamic-AI-Creator-%28DAC%29-V3-0-released&p=2278463#post2278463

If you can, much appreciated :D

P.S. Do I need to specify correct ammo types in DAC configs/scripts so that units spawn with proper equipment or do they simply spawn with default gear and magazine settings is just for ammo crates?

This is how you spawn a set of units in a DAC zone called z1. It's all in the Readme

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,3,50,8],[],[3,1,10,10],[],[0,12,3,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

That will spawn infantry and tracked units of side 0 (ie EAST), config 12, behaviour type 3

re the other issues, suggest you explore the DAC configs then customize specific ones and call them in eg the behaviour one. Use a DAC Intern Module. All in the Readme, page 33 onwards.

Edited by jiltedjock

This is how you spawn a set of units in a DAC zone called z1. It's all in the Readme

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[10,3,50,8],[],[3,1,10,10],[],[0,12,3,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

That will spawn infantry and tracked units of side 0 (ie EAST), config 12, behaviour type 3

Yes I know that one, very simple to use. The PDF readme file explains it perfectly :)

Would it be possible in the next release to make groups for the winter British Army troops? Nothing overly important, it just makes creating missions a little easier.

You can generate a vehicle class list in a matter of seconds if you call something like the following script from a mission:

//get vehicle ClassNames

_cfg = configfile >> "CfgVehicles";
_c = count _cfg;
_array = [];

for [{_i = 0}, {_i < _c}, {_i = _i + 1}] do {
_entry = _cfg select _i;
if isclass _entry then {
	_veh = configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> configname _entry;
	if (getnumber (_veh >> "scope") == 2) then {
		if (
			(([configname _entry, "I44"] call CBA_fnc_find)==0) or
			(([configname _entry, "Land_I44"] call CBA_fnc_find)==0)
		) then {

_s = format ["%1\%2", configname _entry, gettext (_veh >> "displayName")];
			_array set [count _array, _s];
		};
	};
};
};
{
diag_log text _x;
} foreach _array;

The output will go into your .rpt.

Adjust accordingly for other tags and/or config parts (weapons, magazines ...).

Cheers,

D.

You're very welcome to make one, but I'm afraid we've stopped producing them as it took hours of development time away to do by hand. Pretty sure there are tools to output the classtypes you're after that should now work with the mod since the last batch of fixes but its not something I have had any spare time to investigate, priority has been working on fixes rather than making a text file with information you can easily gather yourself. Really though we're not adding that many new clases these days, and most winter versions just have _winter at the end of the classname so pretty easy to work out what the Fsj's will be!

The current older ones currently work fine for me and other members in my community, but since it really is the community that keeps the mods alive by playing them and creating content for them with maps and so on, it would always serve for the better to have the latest classlists available, or at least updating them if there has been a big update.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoy Band of Brothers, so I took the time to recreate an M1 Garand sound to use in I44. :) I might make more and release them later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4AmRyWtvSg&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Panimala

A bit offtopic but just for fun.

My first met with the panzerfaust (i'm not very used to AT weapons) since i'm more fitted in other roles

i don't think you understand the language but the scene is self explanatory,btw i'm asking to my self wtf happened

I was wondering are there any civilian vehicles in the make?

I was playing i44 wasteland the other day and i really enjoyed it. I really like the sandbox aspect of the wasteland gametype. Nothing scripted just all random!

The only down thing about the i44 wasteland is that there are no civilian vehicles, the used the regular arma2 civilian vehicles which ruined it a bit (speed, handling etc).

I know that there weren't much civilian vehicles in that timeline especially not in Europe, probably most of the people didn't own a motor vehicle in that time but travel by horse or bicycle.

But maybe you have some spare time to think about some civilian vehicles to be added to the scenery.

http://wistariahurst.org.s46765.gridserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/HSR-10.jpg (236 kB)

FIAT

3664280696_47b8475a87.jpg

Peugeot

1935-1940-peugeot-402-5.jpg

Abandoned vehicles in duinkerk

dunkirk_11_medium_mid.jpg

DAC, can you help me solve these issues?

Check your \@I44\documentation folder the DAC readme will answer all those questions for you.

Would it be possible in the next release to make groups for the winter British Army troops?

Not sure I'll have time groups take a bit of time to put together but I'll see what I can do.

so I took the time to recreate an M1 Garand sound to use in I44

Just be careful of your sources we've had a lot of trouble with sounds being sourced from TV shows and games etc, its also good to have several variations (iirc ArmA2 picks a sound from several available to play for the current magazine, rather than shot to shot :( ).

My first met with the panzerfaust

Heh the numbers after the Pzf's name show their maximum range, you need to remember to give these older rockets a bit of an arc and even then they are very limited last ditch weapons!

was wondering are there any civilian vehicles in the make?

Unfortunately no we don't have any planned or in progress, while I'd love a couple wrecked and for use as resistance etc, its just not been a high priority for us. If someone wants to make one for us though, let me know!

I have an issue when trying to extract the file in 7z. Apparently it needs a password. If this has been covered before, I'm sorry for repeating the question and would also like a link (or the answer) =)

There shouldn't be a password. Where did you download it from?

I downloaded it off Armaholic (armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465&d) using the first link at the bottom of the page

Yeah we definitely didn't password any archive and I know armaholic did some repackaging so we really can't support the method as I'm not familiar with it myself. You can always use PwS though :D

Armaholic download never has passwords, only a modder put a pw on a zip file, and I've known only one to do that, but not I44.

I think your best bet Paronomasia12 is to uninstall what you have and reinstall a new copy:

http://www.7-zip.org/ then try extracting the I44 zip.

You can generate a vehicle class list in a matter of seconds if you call something like the following script from a mission:

//get vehicle ClassNames

_cfg = configfile >> "CfgVehicles";
_c = count _cfg;
_array = [];

_entry = _cfg select _i;
   if isclass _entry then {
       _veh = configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> configname _entry;
           if (
               (([configname _entry, "I44"] call CBA_fnc_find)==0) or
               (([configname _entry, "Land_I44"] call CBA_fnc_find)==0)
           ) then {

_s = format ["%1\%2", configname _entry, gettext (_veh >> "displayName")];
           };
       };
   };
};
{
   diag_log text _x;
} foreach _array;

The output will go into your .rpt.

Adjust accordingly for other tags and/or config parts (weapons, magazines ...).

Cheers,

D.

Awesome, thanks! Do I need to place units on map to get them listed, and can i get infantry, magazines, weapons and other things listed this way as well?

Unfortunately no we don't have any planned or in progress, while I'd love a couple wrecked and for use as resistance etc, its just not been a high priority for us. If someone wants to make one for us though, let me know!

Would be cool to have, but not a top priority, perhaps if civillian vehicles are added someone could make a WW2 Life mission lol.

About 7z files being passworded. 7z files and winrar don't play well, I suggest you always use 7zip as it's free, stable, easy to use and extracts files perfectly unlike winrar that can mess things up.

Edited by MAVEN

Well, as far as ArmA is concerned the term 'vehicles' includes all units, including tanks, soldiers, buildings... So: yes, this will list soldier classes too.

But you do not need to place any units in the mission.

Here's the same for magazines/ammo:

_cfg = configfile >> "CfgMagazines";
_c = count _cfg;
_array = [];
_entry = _cfg select _i;
if isclass _entry then {
	_veh = configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> configname _entry;
		if (
			(([configname _entry, "I44"] call CBA_fnc_find)==0)
		) then {

_s = format ["%1\%2\%3", configname _entry, gettext (_veh >> "displayName"), getText (_veh >> "ammo")];
		};
	};
};
};

{
diag_log text _x;
} foreach _array;

...and for weapons/magazines:

_cfg = configfile >> "CfgWeapons";
_c = count _cfg;
_array = [];
_entry = _cfg select _i;
if isclass _entry then {
	_veh = configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> configname _entry;
		if (
			(([configname _entry, "I44"] call CBA_fnc_find)==0)
		) then {
			_s = format ["%1\%2\%3\%4", configname _entry, gettext (_veh >> "displayName"), getArray (_veh >> "magazines"), getText (_veh >> "magazine")];
		};
	};
};
};

{
diag_log text _x;
} foreach _array;

And on topic: Maybe you can trade some civilian vehicles with September '39, if I'm not completely mistaken, they work(ed?) on some.

Cheers,

D.

And on topic: Maybe you can trade some civilian vehicles with September '39, if I'm not completely mistaken, they work(ed?) on some.

They're far from being finished. Models and textures are largely ok, but there's still a lot of stuff missing to consider them fully done (selections, lods, anims). Plus, we have like 2 cars, one of which is for exclusive use only, donated by a Mafia modder; the other is made by a member I lost contact with and it'd be pretty hard to obtain permission for outside-mod use.

There's pretty much noone who would be interrested in making era-specific civilian cars from scratch and there's very little of freeware stuff that could be used as a starting point or be converted. Pretty much of it out there is either of shady origin (to say the least) or direct rip-offs of copyrighted material from Mafia or L.A. Noire. What's left is asking individual permissions from sources like smcars.net, but 3d artists there make their stuff too high-poly to be considered game material... We have some sketchup models and permissions but there's too much differences in modelling technique and too much work needs to be invested in such a model to work as an ArmA addon.

I myself pretty much given up hopes for a wide representation of the civilian faction.

Well, as far as ArmA is concerned the term 'vehicles' includes all units, including tanks, soldiers, buildings... So: yes, this will list soldier classes too.

But you do not need to place any units in the mission.

Thanks, now I have all I need for both missions and custom classlists :)

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

They're far from being finished. Models and textures are largely ok, but there's still a lot of stuff missing to consider them fully done (selections, lods, anims). Plus, we have like 2 cars, one of which is for exclusive use only, donated by a Mafia modder; the other is made by a member I lost contact with and it'd be pretty hard to obtain permission for outside-mod use.

There's pretty much noone who would be interrested in making era-specific civilian cars from scratch and there's very little of freeware stuff that could be used as a starting point or be converted. Pretty much of it out there is either of shady origin (to say the least) or direct rip-offs of copyrighted material from Mafia or L.A. Noire. What's left is asking individual permissions from sources like smcars.net, but 3d artists there make their stuff too high-poly to be considered game material... We have some sketchup models and permissions but there's too much differences in modelling technique and too much work needs to be invested in such a model to work as an ArmA addon.

I myself pretty much given up hopes for a wide representation of the civilian faction.

If you guys can't design some civvie vehicles, purchase them on 3D royalty free sites. They come very cheap and save huge amounts of time. That's assuming someone donated money (I would, but can't at the moment sadly)

I used to purchase 3D models for my own works, nowadays I work with teams who design them.

I hear you 100% there Topas, ultimately its a military mod so thats where the focus will be, few people are going to want to join the team to make a car, and purchasing them really isn't an option. We don't have any form of income to the mod and already have the cost of maintaing the websites in the past that anything else would be far too much of a stretch especially when its not even something exciting like a tank! In regards to sharing content we've had the same issues in that a lot of our contents original creators long since left or fell out of contact as is the way of internet development teams, so it can be very hard to share content that could bolster multiple mods but at least it gives us a nice diversity between products :)

If you guys can't design some civvie vehicles, purchase them on 3D royalty free sites. They come very cheap and save huge amounts of time. That's assuming someone donated money (I would, but can't at the moment sadly)

I used to purchase 3D models for my own works, nowadays I work with teams who design them.

Again you're welcome to put them in contact with us, we are always in need of more people with an enthusiasm for the mod, but these days it really is lacking, and the playerbase is getting so limited I think we're mostly waiting to see what options ArmA3 opens up. Our main focus now is to polish the content we do have and make the most of it. We've still got a few units that are waiting to get into the game, a big plane overhaul to release, and a ton of ideas we'd love to try. But without people playing and supporting the mod we can only get so much done.

The reason why I44 isn't so popular as it's expected and as it deserves to be is because everyone is all hyped up about modern military and zombie survival wars (blame it on COD and its clones) but don't you worry about it :) WW2 games are going to make a big comeback soon, or within year-two. Heard of Red Orchestra 2? Played it? Amazing game! I tried it on friends computer, impressive WW2 game, remarkably reminds off ArmA 2 in some ways.

I44 is like Red Orchestra 1, Battlefield 1943 and ArmA 2, which is a great thing to be honest. When all the dayz and cod hype settles down you may expect lots of users to come and play this absolutely great mod. So carry on with your good work and don't worry about it even a bit :D

P.S. I saw some Battleground servers today and yesterday :D

Looks like we'll be slipping to next weekend, there's a couple tiny tweaks left to go in and I don't wanna rush past testing and miss something vital sorry for the slight delay!