SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Done more in the last weeks/months

Time consuming stuff but getting there .....

Progress2a.jpg

Yac has been very busy !

Some beautiful new aircraft from him, planned for inclusion.

WACO_1.jpg

WACO_2.jpg

WACO_3.jpg

Me410_1.jpg

Me410_2.jpg

Me410_3.jpg

Happy new year to all and thanks a lot to Invasion 44 team for its beautiful work.

I just would say a word about I44 chernarus dominations...

It's not only the first time there is some discuss about this map in this thread.

It just a size problem and a lack of towns limiting to port them on I44 islands and I would be very happy to port them on a map like merderet or neaville.

Missions made by I44 team or any others missions can be rarely played in public because one bad player can ruin the whole mission, and on domination, it does not matter if such thing happens.

Now ask yourself, what will happens if active servers stop running dominations at once?

Compare servers... look how many active of them exist with HIP, UNS, VTE... or all others mods?

After 10 years of hard work, I think... no I am sure, it would be even more discouraging if you would not see any active server playing I44.

It is a non-negligible way to keep the mod active, to keep servers open and to drain some potential team mates... (Don't bite the hand that feeds you)

F2 tanks don't appear anymore in editor... are they removed?

Edited by Titi

I dont think the Chernarus map, and missions on it are the only ones on the servers, we all know that if you view the server list at one time of the day,

that at another time of the day other servers may be up and have another map, lets not forget private servers, and servers for units, clans, and squads,

lets not be so narrow minded that we can only say that what we see is what the community only has, theres more to it that meets the eye.

And not everyone plays online too, so just because we dont see 100's of people on 5 different servers dont mean nobody is playing with the mod,

on the given maps, or any other map for that matter.

I just updated server list = cheranus.

Why not write a request list of what you all players would like to see in a island?

Somthing like this: " I want cheranus map but with Inv44 objects"

I just want to know what make cheranus island better then 8 custom made INV44 island?

I never play INV44 online as long the server is runing Cheranus island.

I just updated server list = cheranus.

Why not write a request list of what you all players would like to see in a island?

Somthing like this: " I want cheranus map but with Inv44 objects"

I just want to know what make cheranus island better then 8 custom made INV44 island?

I never play INV44 online as long the server is runing Cheranus island.

A big island like chernarus require many months to acheive it and I44 dev's are simply overflowed by work.

People around you are making their best with time they have and their real life to do.

May be a day good a surprise happens... but complaining all the time deserves nothing.

Cheers

Edited by Titi

I understand Titi's point completely and do agree to some extent its better to have people playing than not at all because a small group can't get together to run D-Day. However seeing it as often the only map/mission combo running it does deter me from making any effort on future maps or missions when I know it eventually comes back to Chernarus and Domination every release. While I would love to have the time to develop a map on that sort of scale, its just not something I could afford to do myself (though if anyone would like to donate food and expenses for a month or three... ;) ). Still it would be great to see those servers that are active run a couple more organised public events with admins so you can deal with griefers and enjoy the custom content we do put a lot of work into on the odd weekend, I don't believe many/any of the team members have actually had much chance to play the mod itself online as the only servers available are domination so makes it quite hard to get a sense of your work being fully enjoyed. But again at least people are still playing even if its not many.

F2 tanks doesn't appears anymore in editor... are they removed?

Yup the F2 was removed finally, there's always been a lot of back and forth with it as it is essentially a G model reworked from a D that was slightly modified again to become the F2 just to keep the varied models available. However the D and F2 were starting to look very ropey and Macolik had some time to convert Vex_Man's gorgeous G model back into a D. Leaving a very old and quite redundant F2 ghetto model, which we decided to remove from the editor list (though it is still available through class names, do not expect it to behave properly if used).

I think the sense that taking towns as being important is what puts people off say having a Domination style run on Omaha, taking the 3 towns would be very short work. However I don't see why the town type objectives couldn't be placed inland in fortified positions to make up for the lack of towns. These are gametypes we've discussed developing in the past but due to the lack of interest in our produced maps and missions in favour of Chernarus means its a bit of a shit-cycle. Chernarus' scale offers a lot of options, particualarly planes which have always been something we've delayed focusing on with most of our larger missions while we wait for Gnat's overhaul.

We will be looking to promoting and few public events in the coming weeks, especially some battelgrounds pvp, I'd highly encourage anyone especially those who don't like pvp in ArmA2 to give it a go as it does play very differently to most mission types I've played in the vanilla game with a much faster pace more akin to Battlefield 1942 with a more realistic spin and push on tactics and teamwork. Keep an eye out for announcements soon! We will also look to run some Co-ops as well, its been a while since I charged up the beach with 31 other players!

YouRek

For the future, give source of information - and why repeat the info you posted GNAT?

Edited by Yac

That's okay, I don't mind drooling over those new toys again :P~

By the way everbody, the wrong version of winter-neaville accidentally got included in the patch, the green-ish tint on the ground will be gone in the next update (hopefully)

(hopefully there will be some updated vegetation for regular neaville aswell that might make it harder for the AI to spot you though it)

Thanks! Was wondering about that and thought I had to tweak my GFX settings. Although the Bulge map has normal, untinted appearance. Hopefully some more work is put into Neaville and Merderet winter as they much look like WIP in this regard (winter like appearance). Nonetheless, love the summer versions and Neaville in particular! 8)

Hell yeah, awesome Gnat/Yac!!

How much is weird see roofs with antennas, how much is weird see town signs in Russian language, how much is weird see russians fuel pumps on the road, how much is weird see modern hangars on the airfield.

The list is big and even Bastogne map suffers.

I just think this mod need modelers up for make some static buildings for the map makers, and ,as I already sed, I'm up for that.

I hope anybody else is interested

Neaville/Merderet map are enough big for play any kinda of battle you want.

Edited by Babylonjoke

in this mod would be nice to see Royal Italian Army and Union Soviet.

Nice idea but I think that it's missing the point. This mod is essentially about the D-Day landings in Normandy, June 1944.

AFAIK neither the RIA nor Soviet troops fought in this theatre of operations.

I love the idea, esplecially for the RIA, but i think that domokun it's right. Maybe some sort of "DLC MOD" :P

I like the idea too for Russians, even the Italians but its not going to happen,

as already asked and mentioned on I44 forums, a quoted from Pac, and McNools about an Eastern Front theater expansion, or mod:

Quoted from PacUK

As we've said a few times, there are no plans to cover the eatern front anytime soon, the extra resources required equate to a full mod teams worth of work, and with products like Iron Front and Red Orchestra 2 available there's really little point in us trying to match the quality of a commercial title as we simply do not have the resources for such a project. Whereas we can expand the factions we currently have already much easier with areas on the Western front we haven't yet covered (or at least recently) such as Italy and Holland campaigns which wouldn't require nearly as much new content as an Eastern front campaign would. That being said we still have plenty left to do on the current areas and units before we push for anything else like Market Garden.

quoted from Mcnools

You need to realize that those "some new units" you mention isn't just something you throw together in an afternoon, neither is a terrain, Neaville took a few months to finish,

and I spent a few hours on it pretty much every day. All those things would be a ton of work even though it seems like just "a few things" to some,

especially when people have other jobs, modding is done on spare-time.

Quoted from PacUK

Tanks are just as hard if not harder to produce than any unit you care to choose, with the Russian front being a very tank heavy situation

(not to mention numbers and scale) producing all the desired units would be months/years of work.

Alongside this we'd still be expected to support update and expand the western front. With barely a handful of active team members its just not something we plan nor want to do.

There are a number of games and mods that already cover the conflict so if we were to retread that same ground we'd want to do it justice, and with our team size its just not a feasible option without a huge number of active and productive team members joining us, and even then there's still so much we could and would like to do with the Western Front we'd much rather update things that are out-dated and prep for A3.

Quoted from PacUK again

Again there are NO plans for an eastern front mod

This mod is essentially about the D-Day landings in Normandy, June 1944.

Perhaps a little smaller scale than what we have aimed for but not far wrong (we did drop our old D Day tag though some websites still give that as a subtitle for us). Of course if we could produce every faction and unit available it would be great for players but practically as a free mod impossible to achieve to the high level of quality that we require. As with the qoutes Gunter pasted. We would be more likely to expand the European Theater on the Western Front before considering covering the Russian side of the war. There is plenty to do which is what often surprised me about the more general requests for future work are "How about the russians?" when we still haven't been able to finish a singular unit like the Flak Vierling in about 2 years due to under-staffing :D

Currently planning to keep 2.64 relatively small content wise, focusing on tank fixes, but they'll be a few surprises in there too if we get time, theres an FG42 model update from Macolik and Yac that I'd really like to get in if possible but that may have to wait a bit (as with a few other planned weapon updates). So its looking more likely additional tanks will have to wait for a few later patches, but it should give you time to learn the penetration tables and such (and really start hankering for an M10 when your shells bounce off the sloping armor of a Panther!). Hope to have a video previewing some of the new effects soon but only if it won't delay the release as I'd rather get this game-changing (for the better I hope) update out as soon as possible.

Hi guys,

first i want to thank you for your epic work! You have create one of the best ArmA2 mods - possibly the best for WW2 background!

But... i have a few questions:

Since the last patch, there should be the option to see the correct weight of weapons, ammo and equipment - but i don´t see somethong like this in equipment menu... Must it be defined in mission editor, description or init file ?

It is possible to add the bayonet and grenade launcher to the same weapon - espescially to M1Garand (like in HiP mod)?

So far... thank you again for your great work!

Since the last patch, there should be the option to see the correct weight of weapons, ammo and equipment - but i don´t see somethong like this in equipment menu... Must it be defined in mission editor, description or init file

Not quite, all that was done was that weapons and items were given weight values for a system we were developing for a co-op campaign. There's no display in the standard interface or affects on limitations with it (though missions scripts can make use of it should they choose too).

It is possible to add the bayonet and grenade launcher to the same weapon - espescially to M1Garand (like in HiP mod)?

I'm almost entirely sure its possible, but it does require a lot of coding that there simply isn't the time for right now I'm sorry to say, possibly in the future.

@Gnat- asusual mate, top notch work!!! Can't wait to see how the fly ingame. Keep up the great work.

@PakUK - great job on doing so much with a small team. We appreciate your work on the mod while still trying to maintain a normal life :)

@Gnat- asusual mate, top notch work!!! Can't wait to see how the fly ingame. Keep up the great work.

Thanks mate, but just my staging .... Yac is the real air modeling talent here.

My work is less obvious. Aside from adding an improved version of CSJ damage system to ALL aircraft and balancing the config definitions (and a shit load of other scripts per my videos) the other stuff I'm doing is things like proper working surfaces, proper rocket, bomb & drop tank proxies, added or improved wrecks and the like.

I44_Improve1.jpg

I44_Improve2.jpg

I44_Improve3.jpg

I44_Improve4.jpg

I44_Improve5.jpg

I44_Improve6.jpg

I44_Improve7.jpg

I44_Improve8.jpg