SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Recently downloaded 2.63 and wondering if anyone have a similar problem:

Many of the man portable AT weapons fall way too short. The Bazooka barely manages to fly 100m when set to 100, and it does not seem to be able to reach 200 at all. The RPzB54 always falls short at 100m even when set to 300m. The Panzerfaust 60 also falls short at 50m.

Well the panzerfaust 60 especially, kind of gives it away in the name, the 60 stands for meters as in the maximum range. While the others allow ranging, the weapon still only has an effective range as in real life of around 100-200 meters, but with an arc you can hit much greater distances. Really there shouldn't be quite so many range options on those, but without accurate information on what if any adjustments could be made I prefer to leave things along than fiddle with them when I don't fully understand the implications ingame.

Well the panzerfaust 60 especially, kind of gives it away in the name, the 60 stands for meters as in the maximum range. While the others allow ranging, the weapon still only has an effective range as in real life of around 100-200 meters, but with an arc you can hit much greater distances. Really there shouldn't be quite so many range options on those, but without accurate information on what if any adjustments could be made I prefer to leave things along than fiddle with them when I don't fully understand the implications ingame.

I know these weapons aren't worth much beyond 100m, but if they all hit the ground way too short (RPzB54 hit's at about 50-80m when set to 300m) then they are not really very useful. You can't see what you aim at since you have to hold aim the weapon to high it blocks the view. I might have been ambigous with the PF60. It fall short when aimed at a target 50m away (when set to 60 - the only range possible) at around 30-40m.

I'm surprised the shots fall short since it uses the ranging mechanism introduced in OA which seems to be spot on for pretty much everything. Regarding the implications of changing the values. I'm guessing that the AI uses direct config values for the shot etc. for shooting so it has no problem.

Maybe this post is relevance: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101396-OA-New-config-values-who-has-info-about&p=1698869&viewfull=1#post1698869

If that is the issue then perhaps the launchers can be made to hit at a preferred range? PZ60 at 60, Bazooka at 100 etc.

Edited by Muzzleflash

The water flickering, and likely the weather condition problem as well, is caused by a problem in the config for the Neaville islands, specifically the overcast weather section of Chernarus. The problem there is that the BIS Chernarus config does not have its own overcast section but instead draws it from the defaults set in CAWorld.

This can easily be fixed by moving the overcast entries from Chernarus up to CAWorld and then deleting the weather entries from the Chernarus section. If that doesn't make sense due to how terrible I am at explaining things, send me a PM and I will send you the fixed config. Note that it will need to be done for both versions of the island.

Apologies for not simply posting it on DH. I seem to have misplaced my account.

Thanks to Strikor for the tip....:icon_eek:

I removed (mcn_neaville.pbo and mcn_neaville_winter.pbo)..temporarily saved and placed in another folder, and it solved all my problems !! , now I have

no water flickering issues and I can adjust my weather conditions as I once did on my Chenarus map and some other maps.

Thanks again Strikor much appreciated. :thumb:

If that is the issue then perhaps the launchers can be made to hit at a preferred range? PZ60 at 60, Bazooka at 100 etc.

The rockets don't have the velocity to travel 300 meters without using an arcing flight path the only thing that would be happening at this point is removal of the other range options but as I wasn't the person who set them up, I don't know why they were done like that, hence my hesistation to remove them. The ranges on all these weapons are very realistic as is and with practice they are not hard to aim. You need to remember these aren't modern anti-tank launchers they were last ditch defences used only when tanks were right on top of infantry that did not have armor support, very rarely used in any kind of offensive situation. The panzerfaust especially is a different beast as it should be held underarm and fired almost like a rifle grenade at an angle anyway (the animation is not possible with the way A2 handles rocket launchers). Really the best thing I can suggest here is just practice practice practice!

Just registered to give some praise to the team that made this mod, i was about to buy Iron Front: Liberation 1944 from steam and as i was watching gameplay and reviews on youtube i noticed something about the 1944 mod.

needless to say i ended up buying the full arma2 package and now have the mod safely installed on my harddrive, the thing that puzzles me is the lack of players online for this mod, most i've seen so far was about 28, i know it's turkey season but i would have expected more people to enjoy this ww2 experience.

Anyway keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing what you have in future updates for us lucky players.

I have just one question.

Why is everyone playing this mod on the ARMA 2 island Chernaus?

All servers I find that have players on only run this mod on Chernaus island?

I mean this mod have there own custum island they worked very hard on and players rather play on a map that have russian buildings with russian grafity and pressent day objects all over the map. No 1944 feeling at all.

If you all like the missions on cheranus island, why not port/move the mission over to a INV44 island?

Lol I must agree, it is rather dumb, especially too now that we have a new winter version of Neaville added to the

I44 islands we can play with, that gives us what:

*Omaha

*Omaha V2

*Merderet

*Merderet (Winter Version)

*Battle of the Bulge

*Neaville

*Neaville (Winter Version)

=============

7 maps to play with that comes with I44.

Lol I must agree, it is rather dumb, especially too now that we have a new winter version of Neaville added to the

I44 islands we can play with, that gives us what:

*Omaha

*Omaha V2

*Merderet

*Merderet (Winter Version)

*Battle of the Bulge

*Neaville

*Neaville (Winter Version)

=============

7 maps to play with that comes with I44.

Yes and still Cheruanus island. For me this make no sens at all. And I will not play the mod if it is not on there own custom island.

my self made island for Hell in the pacifc so I know how much hard work they put into there island and still players play on cheranus island.

My personal opinion is that this is a bit disrespectfull..... are there 7 island that bad you all go back to arma 2 cheranus island?

Cant you just LOCK I44 so that it can ONLY be played on your maps ?

well the problem I see now is that everyone is playing on cheranus island. Just check all servers with players on an you will see what I mean.

So if you want to play this mod you will have to join a server with players and that will be on cheranus island.

As I said before, why not port the mission from cheranus over to any of those 7 INV44 island?

Or as I see it all now. Player love cherauns island and dont like any of the 7 INV44 island.

Why not request a INV44 Cheranus island from DEV-team or say what is good vs bad with there 7 island for update improvments of them?

I think the main difference between Chernarusse and I44 map is the size and the lack of any airport on I44 maps.

But anyway I'm a big fan of your mod !! ;)

By the way everbody, the wrong version of winter-neaville accidentally got included in the patch, the green-ish tint on the ground will be gone in the next update (hopefully)

(hopefully there will be some updated vegetation for regular neaville aswell that might make it harder for the AI to spot you though it)

Edited by McNools

The freedom of choice isn't a dumb thing and most people do appreciate it. If you like to see more missions on all those islands - go ahead and make some! The I44 update is pretty new and most people aren't that quick to deliver awesome + great + flawless missions as you wish.... maybe next time have more patience before jumping to conclusions.

Also we have to consider that there is difference between open servers and the reserved ones.

we play our TvT campaign with 80+ players in almost all I44 map and i think they are all marvellous but i have to agree that for some kind of mission Chernarus has some good points:it's very big and has more than 1 airstrip

well the a request for a NEW INV44 map that has the same size as Cheranus would be good then?

I vote for " Market Garden" big as Cheranus island!

The I44 maps are pretty big in themselves, the biggest one being meredet both reg and winter versions, I44 team has missions for it too, they have missions on all their maps.

Hi. Is this mod related to ironfront 1944? Or are they totally seperate?

Is this mod related to ironfront 1944? Or are they totally seperate?

Not at all they just picked a very similar name for reasons that still baffle me.

Cheranus

Firstly, its 8 maps now I believe with Merderet_v2 as well (the layout of chef do pont and a few other places is very different, extra railway bridge etc). But yeah I agree, seeing Chernarus Domination is still thoroughly disheartening to see on the only active servers. The airports can't really be the only reason to play these as well, the planes are unbalanced as hell and working on 3 different damage models so the air combat isn't the best. Having spent a good 2 months building hedgerows by hand one bush at a time on Omaha v_2 it is a real shame not to see more being done with our maps. It should be very possible and dare I say it fun to play an infantry/ground vehicle only variation of domination on any of our maps, and yes while they are not Chernarus sized, they would still provide a good few hours of gameplay. But then I'm still waiting to see a single server running any of the missions included in 2.63 and have yet to see one. Which as one is pretty much a domination style mission on Neaville, is pretty puzzling.

It is disheartening considering how much time Pac has put into some of the missions. They are really well done.

Not at all they just picked a very similar name for reasons that still baffle me.

Its not Ironfront 1944

its Iron Front:Liberation 1944

it would have been no different a name then Liberation mod 1941-1945 has they had in OFP,

so their title I believe is based off of their old mod, as their files still contain Lib in them.

I still think Liberation: would have made a much better prefix, then Iron Front and D-Day as the subtitles. Choosing 44 was always a little close for comfort but hell it was an interesting year :D

You should probably take it as a compliment. I've heard of a few people picking it up thinking it was somehow related to Invasion 1944 and then, well let's just say they were very disappointed. Just like how people bought War Z thinking it was the Day Z standalone or related to that World War Z movie.

Firstly, its 8 maps now I believe with Merderet_v2 as well (the layout of chef do pont and a few other places is very different, extra railway bridge etc). But yeah I agree, seeing Chernarus Domination is still thoroughly disheartening to see on the only active servers. The airports can't really be the only reason to play these as well, the planes are unbalanced as hell and working on 3 different damage models so the air combat isn't the best. Having spent a good 2 months building hedgerows by hand one bush at a time on Omaha v_2 it is a real shame not to see more being done with our maps. It should be very possible and dare I say it fun to play an infantry/ground vehicle only variation of domination on any of our maps, and yes while they are not Chernarus sized, they would still provide a good few hours of gameplay. But then I'm still waiting to see a single server running any of the missions included in 2.63 and have yet to see one. Which as one is pretty much a domination style mission on Neaville, is pretty puzzling.

As a player, I've played most of the missions with my group in private and made several of my own. And yes the stock missions are very well done. As a server administrator, common missions like Domination and Insurgency are all I'm willing to run on a public server. That's due more to player base than anything else. If I'm opening up a real mission to the public, chances are high that some idiot is going to come along and either intentionally ruin it for everyone else or indirectly through running off to be Rambo. I've tried doing so in the past and have regretted it each time. Idiots and griefers can cause a lot less damage in a mindless game mode and any damage they do cause is easier to fix.

As for islands, Chernarus just happens to provide the size and level of variety I'm looking for in a randomized public mission. I currently have 39 main targets and 54 side targets for the RNG gods to choose from on mine, though it wasn't originally made for I44. If I want a mindless public mission that people are going to memorize every inch of the map, it's probably going to be Chernarus Domination. If I want something detailed and requiring actual thought, then it's going to be one of the I44 maps or something like Celle 2.

People are playing your mod in the first place, so that's a good thing. Try not to get too caught up on how they're choosing to play it.

I really don't like playing on chernarus, It is irritating that I cannot experience a beach landing on omaha or an operation on neaville because the popular servers are just running Chernarus..

Although while I played with the 82nd for a while I got to experience meredet (spelling?) which was good fun.