SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Enjoying it! Noticed that the m3 37mm AT gun is making the view shake, like a close driving tank.

In WW2 soldiers were often tasked with taking over hills used for artillery fire/observation. In I44 maps I've hardly seen any hills, everything is flat.

As mentioned the other maps other than Omaha do feature a number of hill positions that can be used. Omaha is a bit different in that the area we have modelled was pretty flat which is part of what made the terrain a lot harder than anticipating - advancing through hedged countryside without being able to get a good overview of the landscape ahead but there are still a few high points inland that can be used as high ground to some extent. The Hills on Neaville are probably your best bet for a mix of terrain.

what's up with this

Yac had the model as WIP a while back but it was then lost in a HD crash, I don't recall if he ever recovered it or if a copy has made its way to Gnat but we don't currently have the model handy. If Yac does get time to finish it or at least pass it off to Gnat I would imagine we'd include it in 2.7 or later making use of the Aircraft enhancements rather than having to code it twice.

Noticed that the m3 37mm AT gun is making the view shake, like a close driving tank.

Thats because it basically is. ArmA2 doesn't really feature wheeled static weapons that can move like these and OA added the effect of vehicles shaking the view. If you're aware of any variables to disable the effect I'd be happy to patch it in next release :)

Hey Guys,

Im not sure if anyone stills has this issue ?, but I noticed Im still having water colour flickering issues and not being able to adjust weather conditions..on my Chenarus map and also a couple of other maps like Zernovo,Island Panthera, this started when the 2.62 update came out it was mentioned before by others also, I thought it may be fixed with the recent 2.63 update but not the case as Im still having issue's with it, are there any fixes ? anyone still

having this problem ?

Cheers thanks guys.

Hey Guys,

Im not sure if anyone stills has this issue ?, but I noticed Im still having water colour flickering issues and not being able to adjust weather conditions..on my Chenarus map and also a couple of other maps like Zernovo,Island Panthera, this started when the 2.62 update came out it was mentioned before by others also, I thought it may be fixed with the recent 2.63 update but not the case as Im still having issue's with it, are there any fixes ? anyone still

having this problem ?

Cheers thanks guys.

Hmmmmm, I'm having the exact same problem. Mine sometimes flickers purple/pink. It stays sunny when I tell it to rain. The worst the weather gets is slightly cloudy with a small drizzle. The weather used to be worse.

Great Video / Machinima by kyletiernan / BinaryOrchestra

Edited by [APS]Gnat

What I'm looking for is something like hill 400 from CoD 2 (forgive me for mentioning the forbidden game )

Merderet will most likely be best suited for what you want and you could add the burnt out trees yourself as mission objects using one of the less descorated areas on the edges of the map (v1 probably more suitable that v2) but as that hill was never designed in any of our maps you won't find an area like that.

water colour flickering issues and not being able to adjust weather conditions

I would suggest trying various things like normal A2:CO, beta, then tweaking specific graphics settings. I havent yet been able to recreate it myself with ATI or Nvidia cards so not sure what the cause would be (or why I44 would be the causing factor).

I would suggest trying various things like normal A2:CO, beta, then tweaking specific graphics settings. I havent yet been able to recreate it myself with ATI or Nvidia cards so not sure what the cause would be (or why I44 would be the causing factor).

The water flickering, and likely the weather condition problem as well, is caused by a problem in the config for the Neaville islands, specifically the overcast weather section of Chernarus. The problem there is that the BIS Chernarus config does not have its own overcast section but instead draws it from the defaults set in CAWorld.

This can easily be fixed by moving the overcast entries from Chernarus up to CAWorld and then deleting the weather entries from the Chernarus section. If that doesn't make sense due to how terrible I am at explaining things, send me a PM and I will send you the fixed config. Note that it will need to be done for both versions of the island.

Apologies for not simply posting it on DH. I seem to have misplaced my account.

I also have same problem with water and when it rains in-game, there is no clouds. It looks bit weird as the rain comes out from the bright sky.

Ah interesting stuff Strikor, I'll see if I can get it fixed with McNools for 2.64, which I'm currently trying to prioritise bug fixes for with a limited team size so if there's any big ones you guys want fixed point them out and we'll try and get them done for the next patch. If possible I'd like to keep it a relatively short period before the next release mainly because I've been playing with Animosity's new Armor enhancements and its fucking awesome! They really do make a huge difference to the gameplay and tactics required depending on the gear and hardware you have available.

Pac what we should expect from 2.64?

It's nice to play just released 2.63 knowing that better things will come soon.

Gnat;2270667']Great Video / Machinima by kyletiernan / BinaryOrchestra

One of the best A2 machinimas I've ever seen!

Given the limitations of the engine, it's all the more impressive...

Edited by domokun

I added a few important issues (in my mind anyway) to the tracker, hopefully they help. It's very refreshing to see developers putting effort into fixing bugs instead of only adding new content.

One of the best A machinima's I've ever seen!

Given the limitations of the engine it's all the more impressive...

Amazing :eek:

This can easily be fixed by moving the overcast entries from Chernarus up to CAWorld and then deleting the weather entries from the Chernarus section. If that doesn't make sense due to how terrible I am at explaining things, send me a PM and I will send you the fixed config. Note that it will need to be done for both versions of the island..

Thanks Strikor.. good to hear it an easy fix will send you a PM for details, I really like the map Chenarus and want to be able to get some sunny days and no water flickering.

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

, I'll see if I can get it fixed with McNools for 2.64, which I'm currently trying to prioritise bug fixes for with a limited team size so if there's any big ones you guys want fixed point them out and we'll try and get them done for the next patch. .

Thanks Pac sounds good. :yay:...:rthumb:

Help..! I am trying to get the landing boats to lower ramp. I don't know how to script. So I tried, "b1 animate ["Ramp", 1]; and b2 animate["Ani_Ramp",1];" Both in the Act and Script areas on the waypoint. Neither one is working. Any help would be awesome.

~ Skylez

Hey guys. Great mod from what I've seen so far.

Can someone please tell me how big is the installation file (in GB) and does anyone still play this online?

I added a few important issues (in my mind anyway) to the tracker, hopefully they help. It's very refreshing to see developers putting effort into fixing bugs instead of only adding new content.

I whole-heartedly agre.

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Hey guys. Great mod from what I've seen so far.

Can someone please tell me how big is the installation file (in GB) and does anyone still play this online?

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-6 = 2.0 GB

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-61-Hotfix = 0.1 GB

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-62 = 1.1 GB

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-63 = 0.1 GB

Given that these are cumulative patches, this totals 3.22 GB.

This amounts to a 3.5 GB folder called @I44 once it's all extracted and overwritten.

If you're worried about hitting your download limit, I suppose you should check-out PlaywithSix as it offers a single, more efficient download.

Maybe someone who installed I44 v2.3 via PlaywithSix could tell you the exact filesize, as I didn't (I used go 'ole Armaholic)

Pac what we should expect from 2.64?

Other than bug fixes the main thing will be Animosity's new tank damage system, rather than progressively taking damage as before, we now have a more accurate penetration system, so its very possible to sit bouncing shells off the front sloping armor of a panther all day long and not make a dent. There's also various visual effects with smoke and fires from hatches, ammo explosions that make for some great views after a battle. If possible we'll try and squeeze a new tank or two in but right now we're leaning towards releasing the update sooner and roll those out in later updates.

It can be hard to strike a balance between new content and fixing issues, as we're a bit lacking in team members to actually produce new content it gives us an opportunity to fix a few things we've had to set by the way-side that are pretty simple to fix given some time. The next big update due after this is 2.7 still with no real plans between now and then we'll probably just keep polishing the bits we can and slip the occasional new troop set or vehicle in as they get finished. Saying that I am about to pester Waxbutter and the other Pacific team members to pinch a couple of weapons for the Brits ;)

I am trying to get the landing boats to lower ramp.

boatname animate ["Ramp", 1]; // Ramp down

boatname animate ["Ramp", 0]; // Ramp up

You might need to have the boat stopped to do it, the best thing I can suggest is checking the script used on Landing or D-Day, I've never had much luck with waypoint based scripting and prefer area triggers myself.

Hope everyone has had a great 2012, thanks for all your support and that you continue to enjoy I44 into 2013!

I wish happy new year to all I44 team, and I hope thay can find new resources for improve one of the most nice mod of Arma2, thanks for you great job!

Oh just a note, any issues on planes are most likely known about and/or redundant, but as we're holding back all plane updates for 2.7 we won't be addressing them before that so feel free to report them just don't expect anything for them until the complete overhaul!

I've been wondering if the script by Macolik that made sure that all the infantry units were white, has been fixed ? Haven't been able to check for myself.

I whole-heartedly agre.

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-6 = 2.0 GB

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-61-Hotfix = 0.1 GB

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-62 = 1.1 GB

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-63 = 0.1 GB

Given that these are cumulative patches, this totals 3.22 GB.

This amounts to a 3.5 GB folder called @I44 once it's all extracted and overwritten.

If you're worried about hitting your download limit, I suppose you should check-out PlaywithSix as it offers a single, more efficient download.

Maybe someone who installed I44 v2.3 via PlaywithSix could tell you the exact filesize, as I didn't (I used go 'ole Armaholic)

Thanks for the information. I wasn't worried about hitting my download limit as I don't have one. Instead I was running low on disk space. ~3.5 GB isn't much so I will definitely give I44 a check when I have some free time:)

TY, PacUK. The trigger and that command worked. But I did have to delete the, "// Ramp down" part. Kept saying invalid expression or something like that.

~ Skylez

I've been wondering if the script by Macolik that made sure that all the infantry units were white, has been fixed ? Haven't been able to check for myself.

I don't believe Macolik snuck anything in to fix it with 2.63 and I don't know how it works so didn't take a look myself. Not being entirely sure when or why it stopped working makes it a touch harder to fix but if we get any leads I'll try and get it in 2.64.