SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Merry christmas everyone, I hope you enjoy the new winter-version of Neaville. :)

may i pose a question or two?

ok i can start the game in i44 without issue, does this actually support SP as well as MP? if so is it ONLY user missions?

also where are the servers running i44? i can't find a one! they seem to to be over run by DayZ mod.

Im using the action menu options where it says increase range, decrease range.

Yeah, that's the issue then, use the ranging keys (pgup and pgdn by default) as we implemented a new more realistic system than the old step by step allowing a gradually change in range as in real life. We just haven't got around to disabling the action menu options for it. We're not currently looking for beta testers but all users are encouraged to report issues on dev-heaven as it makes our life a lot easier defining what has to addressed in the next patch.

does this actually support SP as well as MP? if so is it ONLY user missions?

Yes I think we include about 50 missions or so split between SP and MP, most MP ones can also be played solo (I had to when making them heh). You do however have to move them to the right location, details are on our download page http://www.invasion-1944.com/download-i44/.

where are the servers running i44?

Last time I checked on PwS there were about 48 listed if you're using the ingame browser try filtering for '44' and other terms to find them.

anyone knows when armaholic will upload the patch?

The release page I posted is still awaiting authentication so I'm not quite sure what the delay is, hopefully we can get it up on ModDB soon, but again it takes a while, for now Play with Six and Six Updater are the only sources I know of.

Hopefully those other sites get updated soon. I tried DL with Six, and it was using 100% of my CPU, making anything else not usable... Stopped the DL and got it from ModDB

Thanks Pac, yep just copy keys, missions and mpmissions over and that gives the missions in game :)

Hopefully those other sites get updated soon. I tried DL with Six, and it was using 100% of my CPU, making anything else not usable... Stopped the DL and got it from ModDB

on moddb last update is 2.62 where did you find 2.63?

If that was back in the time of 2.62, then there have been significant performance and other improvements since;

http://play.withsix.com/posts

Sickboy, it was yesterday I tried with Play with Six...and I can't open that link at work...says bad reputation(McAfee...that's ironic :confused:)

Sickboy, it was yesterday I tried with Play with Six...and I can't open that link at work...says bad reputation(McAfee...that's ironic :confused:)

k, if you still get these issues with the latest builds, then there's probably interference by other utilities, also possibly security related.

Drop us a support topics with some details etc and we'll look into it asap; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix

Thanks!

on moddb last update is 2.62 where did you find 2.63?

That's why I said I hope they get updated soon... Latest on ModDB is 2.62

Merry Christmas to one of the most ancient and dedicated modding team. Where is that Santa again : :don9:no... :party: no... :pet7: no... ah here it is : :xmas:

Is there a function in invasion 1944 for red/green light in C-47? And if not, is there a good script for this? I found a lot of greenlight script, but all was terribly ugly in C-47. And I try to create a better one, but I couldn't find the better attachTo position for light source in C-47.

(And a last question, not inv44-related: in ArmA2 the light is always shine through metal objects? It's very absurd when a C47 is shining green over the nightful Normandy...)

Currently I only know of the one we used in Aloft that Macolik developed, its about as good as it gets for a mission based script, in the future we might be able to add something into the model itself so maybe for 2.7 ;)

Thanks. I dePBO Aloft and this is one of the greenlight script what I found earlier.

I guess it's BIS related problem, because the greenlight is shining through the wall of C-47. But now I know, this is the best way to do this.

Yeah nothing in ArmA2 really 'stops' light, much like the searchlights which will put a beam across the map even behind blocking terrain. For the light to really work it would need to be part of the internal model only to prevent the leaks as just a light source entity attached to plane currently does. For now just have to make do though I'm afraid.

Thank you PacUK! At least I will not search for better solution.

I know it's just a feedback of many, but we played inv44 on a winter map at holy night. ;) Thanks for it to all inv44 team.

(we applicable this ogg to under the mission. It was so appropriate... :D

)

Hi, love this mod.

I have changed the group config a little so that Heer groups have one or two camo units in them - not untypical of Normandy, especially Panzer Grenadiers. Unfortunately of course changing your own config is not multiplayer compatible, and every attempt I have made to patch in my own cfggroups has not gone well. Would you consider making this change in the config?

I have one small request for one of your maps that I hope isn't very big.

In WW2 soldiers were often tasked with taking over hills used for artillery fire/observation. In I44 maps I've hardly seen any hills, everything is flat. It would be nice to see some kind of torn up hill with trenches and bunkers in it. It would make things a lot more interesting. Cheers to V2.63 of one of the best mods ever made!

In WW2 soldiers were often tasked with taking over hills used for artillery fire/observation. In I44 maps I've hardly seen any hills, everything is flat. It would be nice to see some kind of torn up hill with trenches and bunkers in it. It would make things a lot more interesting. Cheers to V2.63 of one of the best mods ever made!

There are a few hills on Neaville (although they aren't very tall), there's even a coop mission called "Hill 93" (at least I think that's what it's called) where you defend the hill hiding in foxholes etc.

Figured Hill 93 few hundred meters NNW from Neaville (summer) would make for such a hilltop position. Some other I think is near the bottom left of the same map. Merderet map has some too. Crater, trench and foxhole objects then can be placed by a mission designer.

In I44 maps I've hardly seen any hills, everything is flat.

Dont think you looked to hard as there are Hills on Meredet, hills on omaha, Neaville. Meredet has the biggest hills.