SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

how come no one has ever wanted to make SP missions or a SP campaign with this mod?

I'm not motivated to create some, but I'd like to play some ^^

@Wiki

you can always play coop missions (almost all) as SP missions (i think i have ~100-120 missions for i44 on my hdd). Many of them are very simple but its better then nothing. But you have right someone should make big/long ;) campaign for I44. So far there is only 1 mini campaign with i think 4 missions.

Just an update on the website situation. It would appear Marcel's work PC was infected due to out of date flash & java stuff, it is very possible your PC may be infected if you have used the website recently and don't have up to date software and a decent virus scanner (e.g. AVG, Avast etc). For now the website and forums will be down while the infections are cleaned off and we'll bring the site back online as soon as we can. So we highly recommend you scan your pc and ensure things like Java are up to date if you have visited the site since the initial breach. Hopefully most users should be safe but its better to be safe than sorry, so update your programs and run a virus scan to be safe!

Thanks for the update Pac, I see the site is now down.

If you run your own websites (gunter) I would suggest doing this ASAP.

I definitely will, thanks for the heads up! :)

(i think i have ~100-120 missions for i44 on my hdd). Many of them are very simple but its better then nothing.

tom3kb would you be interested in having your missions hosted? for i44 On my site (link in my signature).

I host all of the I44 missions that were submitted to Armaholic, and the ones found on I44 forums, and all of Vandevoorde.pa's Missions,

I have a page setup for him specifically because he has so many missions about 57 of them, and he had recently over the end of the past

weekend submitted all of his templates which I also have hosted.

Now hes submitting Iron Front missions, so far i have 3 from him.

My site called the Mission Repository Compiles,Lists, and hosts all if possible Invasion-1944 mod missions (yet to add the stock missions on there, so soon with them)

and all of the missions from Iron front: Liberation-1944

@Gunter Severloh

That's not my missions(that 100-120), i downloaded them from Armaholic, I44 mod forum (that pack with 57 missions) few from other sites. Im sorry that i dont writhe that clearly.

Ps: Good news is that i started making my SP mission pack for I44, wenn i release this pack i write you PM.

The website and forums should now be safe and back up, let us know if you have any further issues!

@Gunter Severloh

That's not my missions(that 100-120), i downloaded them from Armaholic, I44 mod forum (that pack with 57 missions) few from other sites. Im sorry that i dont writhe that clearly.

Oh ok, lol well then I have hosted all of I44 missions from Armaholic, so I gt them already :)

Ps: Good news is that i started making my SP mission pack for I44, wenn i release this pack i write you PM.

Excellent! but just just submit to the site when your ready to release thats where they'll go anyways.

he website and forums should now be safe and back up, let us know if you have any further issues!

Excellent!

I did a scan with my kaspersky AV and found nothing, as well as check everything else, all clean on my end.

Glad to hear it mate, generally if you're up-to-date everything should be fine, seems like a very outdated Java was the culprit for letting it sneak by. Hope no one else has had any further issues!

I have a question. When I play Panthers, sometimes it seems they look transparent in some cases. Not sure, why did it happen?

That could either be a graphics card/chipset/driver issue along the lines of the helmets that appear transparent on some older ATI cards, or it could an issue with the textures/model itself. Without a bit more specific information couldn't really say, best bet would be to screenshot any occurances you do witness and post an issue on dev-heaven so we can address it.

The website and forums should now be safe and back up, let us know if you have any further issues!

Good to hear :)

I also get the transparency bug on the Panthers, and it's usually triggered by smoke being in between the observer and the tank, I can even see the crew sitting inside the tank sometimes. The other transparency bugs were cured by the FXAA workaround with ati cards, doesn't seem to help on this one though.

Some parts on the Panthers seem to be affected more than others - especially the tube running along the top of the hull, by the turret - which probably contained gun cleaning equipment???

Lovely tanks all the same though, love the individuality that the random hidden selections give them!!! I hope Santa - one of these years - gives us the same for the Shermans, so they have bits of spare track, ammo boxes and whatnot on them... Reading about a British Churchill commander at the moment that even strapped a deck chair to the rear of his tank:cool:

Yes, the transparency bug is regretful, but I still like the combat atmosphere of this Mod. Very nice sounds, model variations and details, etc.,

By way, will you improve the armor penetration system like what IronFront 44 did and add some more anims. Such as helmet flying when shot at head,etc...?

...well too bad we have included it, so people who do want to use it don't need to download it seperately... if you would take a second to visit their post, you can see that you can disable or enable the HUD and elements of it, try pressing 'alt-shift-h' to configure it.

See now... why is it signed as .i44? This means that if I am a server admin, I can't force people not to use STHUD. For us, STHUD disturbs the atmosphere in the game, but since it is signed as the rest of the pbos, we can't force players not to use it. That is annoying, also, it is a bit strange that you are forcing players to use this since it is a quite radical thing to add.

Is there any way you could add a function to disable STHUD on all clients or similar? I know you did not develop the mod, but you added it to I44 so this is the correct thread for this.

Edited by Pellejones

See now... why is it signed as .i44? This means that if I am a server admin, I can't force people not to use STHUD. For us, STHUD disturbs the atmosphere in the game, but since it is signed as the rest of the pbos, we can't force players not to use it. That is annoying, also, it is a bit strange that you are forcing players to use this since it is a quite radical thing to add.

Is there any way you could add a function to disable STHUD on all clients or similar? I know you did not develop the mod, but you added it to I44 so this is the correct thread for this.

Just detect players with STHUD, and disconnect them automatically with a message?

oooooooh nice Sickboy! How is that done

onPlayerConnect = { script goes here}; I guess but I do not know how to check if a player has an addon.

Edited by Pellejones

... and have an empty server because of that? You gents might be forgetting STHUD is turned on by default in I44. Disconnecting guys who have it on would seem to end up in emptiness.

... and have an empty server because of that? You gents might be forgetting STHUD is turned on by default in I44. Disconnecting guys who have it on would seem to end up in emptiness.

We have a private server, we are clan, we do not host public games. So no worries about an empty server :)

@Dimitri

I still do not know how to check if a connecting player has an addon activated.

Somthing like this:

if (!(isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "acre_main"))) exitWith {};

This is from a script that exits if ACRE is not loaded. Something like this should work that for STHUD too, if you swap the addon-name.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

@Dimitri

I still do not know how to check if a connecting player has an addon activated.

I don't think Dimitri was suggesting disabling the addon itself. But rather disable it on a per mission basis. Otherwise you'd have to alter your installation etc to remove the files from your versions I would of thought. Instead by adding a small variable in say your missions init you could disable the HUD same as it would be done manually, for all users before the mission starts. Not sure what the code would be for this off hand, but as users are able to turn it off, the server should be able to do it automatically for all players if you want to force it off.

The reason we included the HUD is it provides a huge enhancement to teamplay, especially on public servers. At the time it was implemented most servers for I44 did not allow other mods to be run alongside so instead we included it directly, which then gives the users to choice of disabling it if they don't like what it adds, but as mod authors, we wanted the feature included, so we did. In our opinion the advantages of having it included, outweighed having it as 3rd party addon.

I don't think Dimitri was suggesting disabling the addon itself. But rather disable it on a per mission basis. Otherwise you'd have to alter your installation etc to remove the files from your versions I would of thought. Instead by adding a small variable in say your missions init you could disable the HUD same as it would be done manually, for all users before the mission starts. Not sure what the code would be for this off hand, but as users are able to turn it off, the server should be able to do it automatically for all players if you want to force it off.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough.

You have to set the variable ST_FTHud_ShownUI to zero, I believe, on all clients to turn STHUD off. Of course you need to makes sure that players don't just turn it back on.

Cheers,

D.

Hi,

Is it possible to have configFile >> "CfgGroups" so groups can be called using a trigger like this exemple call {

grp = [(getPos m1), RESISTANCE, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "Guerrila" >> "BIS_TK_GUE" >> "Infantry" >> "TK_GUE_AATeam")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

null = [grp,(getmarkerPos "m2")] execVM "BIN_taskDefend.sqf"} ?

There are groups setup, we just don't have them for every faction/uniform variation. Believe they are in one of the classlists on Dev-Heaven.