SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Hello there

Patch is great news, dwindling interest is not.

I44 is the main reason for my continuing love affair with Arma, whilst I do have a blast with modern weapons, I adore my WW2 scenarios.

The mod is superb, my only caveat is the lack of missions (especially Dynamic ones) for SP, and for MP perhaps some more EVO/Partol Ops 2 conversions would help with popularity?

The vast, vast amount of work that's got into the mod is astounding. Remember, folk tend to complain loudly and appreciate quietly on the internet.

I can understand "being burned out" a little after the latest release, take a breather and regroup.

But just don't stop!

rgds

LoK

Love the mod, I play quite often and we often make up about 30 players when we play which can make for some pretty awesome missions. Though I have a question. I love immersion, and with that I often try and minimize my HUD as much as possible. Would it be possible to have a userconfig file in which you could disable the crosshair and watch clientside?

Don't worry we're far from stopping work, but the road to 2.62 was much longer and tougher than we planned for, a few of use have been working non-stop so are pretty burnt out, but we do have some new blood that are already picking up the pace, but we probably won't see the fruits of their work for another patch or two. Keep an eye on our forums for news on the upcoming bits and pieces though! But I have to say it was nice to finally have time to catch up on some of my summer and last xmas's steam sale purchases after only loading A2 for most of the year, its nice to get to cruise the DLC cases on LA Noire finally :D

The flak vierling (along with some other AA assets) are planned to go alongside the plane updates Gnat's been working exclusively on, so we'll be finalising the flak and hopefully adding in some better fire effects if we can find a decent way of producing it rather than just by the current hit collision or pre-scripted effects we currently use but we'll have to see how things go with development before that.

Everthing seems pretty set for the 2.63 patch now again its largely fixes but we have thrown in a couple of cool little bits, Iuka and Macolik have added a great little spinning grenade script that I think adds a nice little touch to the visual. Also fingers crossed we should be including McNools winter version of Neaville unless anything crops up in testing, we had hoped to release this weekend but we may be forced to hold it back a few extra days just to finalise missions and test everything before release.

For the watch, you can always remove these items from players inventories, crosshairs are disabled by difficulty levels set before picking a mission on the server (recruit, veteran etc have various aids turned off).

Edited by PacUK

The mod is superb, my only caveat is the lack of missions (especially Dynamic ones) for SP, and for MP perhaps some more EVO/Partol Ops 2 conversions would help with popularity?

I agree with this, being able to use mods in mission scripts like HAC, DAC, Advancing power, Benny warfare etc enables people to use the mod more and a lot longer, maybe get more intimate and passionate about the mod and the mission for that fact... Otherwise if People who don't mp and are not capable of converting to mentioned missions then all they have is placing them in the editor with waypoints which maybe discouraging to those of us who cannot script things like [makeMission "awesome"].

Unfortunately there is a disconnect between awesome mods and some awesome missions... I'm not saying the mod maker or mission maker should cater for this, just saying there is.

Edited by Katipo66

Unfortunately there is a disconnect between awesome mods and some awesome missions... I'm not saying the mod maker or mission maker should cater for this, just saying there is.

Yeah this is a big problem, with I44 I came on as a mission maker but ended up working on just about everything else at one point or another just as things needed to be done. While conversions such as domination can and have been made, it obviously isn't using content like Omaha in a dynamic scenario. While I'd love to have the time to develop something like that alongside other work its just not possible. I would guess most mission makers have a similar focus in producing their scenarios for a certain setup, and while some may lead themselves to an easy conversion, others may not be as straightforward or fit the context and content of our units and environments.

Our focus for missions has really moved away from large open dynamic missions while its something I'd love to have in the mod we just don't have the mission scripters to produce it. With many larger groups producing their own missions, and versions of Domination etc available the general consensus to any major mission production in future would be more small scale commando hidden and dangerous type campaigns/scenarios than large scale war simulators. However if there are any budding I44 enthusiasts that would like to help make missions of any type we're also open to applicants!

Yeah it's always nice to read good news that Pac send to us.

A free mod keeps us informed their progress and release some patches from time to time. But a charged WWII game, their dep. never intend to communicate their fans and customers on such basis! Now it's dying.

It's sad, but FREE Invasion 1944 is better than COMMERCIAL GAME, the Iron Front. Let's face it, the next patch is going to be kick-ass!

And I'm hopefully getting my Typhoon sorted, yay!

content like the Jagd or M10 will be held back for 2.64..

Can we take this as confirmation that the Jagdpanther and M10 are still being worked on? If so, most excellent news!!!!!! :cool:

Yeah the Jagdpanther model is final, it just needs to be fully coded and have its sights developed, the M10 model is also very nearly done and coding shouldn't take too long. But rather than hold the patch back for them we decided to get the fixes out ASAP to help stabalise the game before expanding it again. With the smaller active team it tends to be better to try and focus our efforts otherwise we wander off and produce some cool but otherwise lengthy projects which would end up delaying the relatively simple fixes :) The mod will continue to be made as team members come and go or just take a break it all just takes time!

sorry for my English. to enter the vehicle icon is gone(after last 2 patch of i44). twice if I press space and the middle button mouse, the menu appears, instead gunner, driver, etc. instead.

how do you instead to quickly enter as a gunner etc?

how do you bring up that menu I see in the video? if im near the car

if I'm near the car, the menu does not appear, and the icon does not appear, if I press the middle button mouse, as a driver by ... where am I wrong?

Edited by arm7stelle

The visual icons were removed, but it still functions in the same way you just need to be close enough to activate them and they will be available on your mousewheel menu try rolling it up and down at any time to see the currently available actions.

me and another guy are experiencing random crash with rifle grenades,it seems that something related to that weapons and external views

did someone know an adress to get information to create a linux server for Invasion 44 ?

Here's a little sneak peak of what we've been working on.

Some of the characters:

Lieutenant Jude Cameron:

mugshot_2.jpg

Present during the evacuation at Dunkirk as part of the British Expeditionary Force (BEF)

he became seperate from his decimated squad, and despite being caught behind the

blitzkrieg rush of the German lines, managed to evade capture long after the evacuation

was deemed complete. Eventually contacting local resistance groups who facilitated his

return to England. After enrolling into the Commando's his attitude and skills led to his

recommendation for special assignment.

An effective infantryman, capable of a wide variety of supporting roles, both physically fit

and effective fighter make him an ideal choice for demolition or heavy weapon support.

Sergeant Finlay Summers

mugshot_3.jpg

Peace-time hunter/tracker trained in weapons.

An aristocrat with a taste for big-game hunting, his exceptional tracking, stealth and marksman

abilities put him on SOE's watchlist very early in his military career. Singled out at one point as

a possible marksman for an early draft at a small assassination team with the aim of targetting

high ranking German officers behind enemy lines before the formation of the SAS (Special Air Service)

at which time he was assigned as the primary sniper on several covert operations.

A natural talent for stealth combined with his firearms experience make him an ideal candidate

for a sniper on any team, but also an effective support gunner from a concealed position.

hi PacUK,

My big problem is only when i want go in a mission, the server is up for me, but i get many line in the log, as :

Warning Message: Il est impossible de jouer/modifier cette mission, elle repose sur du contenu téléchargeable qui a été supprimé.i44_merderet, i44_base_v, i44_base_m, i44_base_scripts, dac_source, i44_module_weaponrest, I44_base_Dialogs, i44_base_w, i44_base_o

12:58:20 Mission [i44] COOP The Ambush 1-10 v1.1 lue depuis la banque.

Missing addons detected:

i44_base_m

i44_merderet_winter

i44_base_v

i44_base_scripts

i44_module_weaponrest

I44_base_Dialogs

It looks like you're not loading the mod correctly though I'm not sure if you mean you're getting those errors on the servers log or on the client when you try to join. Either way you need to ensure you're using the mod line to load the I44 mod folder.

Ladies and gentleman,and anything in between, I give you my new website dedicated to the I44 Mod's Missions.

Invasion-1944 Mission Repository

http://invasion-1944missionrepository.webs.com/

The website is basically a compilation website of alot of the I44 missions made by the community, currently I only have all of the I44 missions

on the site from Armaholic, which i have spoke with Foxhound of course ;)

All missions are hosted on the site,and I have and wanted to implement a more direct approach in locating and downloading missions, some ideas I

was unable to implement because of limitations of the builder application on the site, which has been giving me a headache this past morning.

Map & Type concept

One of the concepts that you will see more of is an idea where you can locate missions based on the island and type.

How this works is a picture on the page will be a link to another page that lists all the missions that were built for that island/map.

then it is subdivided again by type. Now by type I mean I had separated missions (only the Sp, and Coop missions) into 3 categories, those are:

=infantry missions

=tanking missions

=flying missions

The idea here is to locate missions on an island if it matters to you it will give you options at least,

and then find missions based on what you do in the mission.

The look and feel of the website could change, and to me is not a 100% of where I wanted it but it will

make do for now, what matters most is the missions!

I probably spent more time and headache working with setup and layout.

The information thread for the site can be read here on I44 forums:

http://forum.invasion-1944.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=418

back to the mod!

Warning Message: Il est impossible de jouer/modifier cette mission, elle repose sur du contenu téléchargeable qui a été supprimé.i44_merderet, i44_base_v, i44_base_m, i44_base_scripts, dac_source, i44_module_weaponrest, I44_base_Dialogs, i44_base_w, i44_base_o

12:58:20 Mission [i44] COOP The Ambush 1-10 v1.1 lue depuis la banque.

Missing addons detected:

i44_base_m

i44_merderet_winter

i44_base_v

i44_base_scripts

i44_module_weaponrest

I44_base_Dialogs

This is on the server, i saw nothing client side (black screen), the server work with Ubuntu

Nice idea Gunter. Looks good and will be a great resource for finding missions in future.

This is on the server, i saw nothing client side (black screen), the server work with Ubuntu

I think what your getting is an error like where it would say:

"you cannot play this as downloadable content is missing"

, can you actually post the server's RPT, i might be able to tell you what the issue is, def mission related as far as I can tell.

Nice idea Gunter. Looks good and will be a great resource for finding missions in future.

Thanks, knowing me by now, would you guys have expected anything else being compiled, lol

I'm pondering now In IF Missions, maybe CWR... mmm chocolate, dout!