SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

That 'search thread' button is very useful... but yes you can, use 'Custom Action 18' in 'Custom Controls' (I think default is unbound) to bring up the hand signals menu, select the power button at the bottom to enable or disable the quick-keys on numpad.

Thanks mate, didn't know there was a search thread button. Forums usually only have search forum buttons

Just AWESOME playing Marks Apocalypse mission set with just I44 on Neaville .......

Its a whole live battlefield, in the air and on the ground.

Even just great to watch and listen lol

Played the Meat Grinder mission last night and it was excellent.

Also played the Neaville map which is brilliant, you can feel the dew in the grass and wind on your neck.

The beach landing however was rather disappointing in that:

a) the landing craft have a very weedy sounding engine noise

b) there doesn't appear to be ANY sound of the sea at all (wind, waves, surf)

c) once the ramp goes down the AI takes ages to clear it so by the time I jump out and find my footing, 25% of my squad is dead, 50% is injured and other 25% is busy trying to heal the others (maybe this is realistic)

I must have attempted it at least a dozen times and my best so far is to have sniped 2 machine gunners and advanced 100m.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

hello the mg42 scope and ironsight for tripod and bipod doesnt work for me i thought this was solved 2 patches ago? and can some one tell me how to add backpacks for (DAC) ai units ?

Make a note of it on dev-heaven and we can address it ASAP, generally if its not noted there it will get missed, link on the first and many many other pages.

a) the landing craft have a very weedy sounding engine noise

b) there doesn't appear to be ANY sound of the sea at all (wind, waves, surf)

c) once the ramp goes down the AI takes ages to clear it so by the time I jump out and find my footing, 25% of my squad is dead, 50% is injured and other 25% is busy trying to heal the others (maybe this is realistic)

I must have attempted it at least a dozen times and my best so far is to have sniped 2 machine gunners and advanced 100m.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

a) Finding a good sample of the actual or something close to what users expect (generally the noise you hear in SPR, at least thats my only point of reference other than MOHAA) is pretty hard, I beleive right now we use a car's engine, if you have access to a landing craft and some high tech recording gear anyone, do shout :)

b) Only the standard ArmA2 map ones, we could change the ambient sounds on Omaha_v2 (now that we have learnt how with Merderet) however it would have to be somethng that matches the environment for all situations, not just d-day landing. The alternative is to use a canned sound played during the sequence which generally don't sound great in A2, also again we need a high quality, free sound sources for these types of effects.

c) This is mostly luck as I just ran it once (while writing this) and watched the entire boat I was on without taking a shot while the boat next to me took a shell as soon as its ramp dropped. You have to remember this is A2 not COD. These sequences are heavily scripted but largely the fire patterns and actions are governed by A2's AI which doesn't like running towards that amount of fire power. As the mission is set as a first wave I'd say 25% losses was pretty good going. Unfortunately the vehicle only has the one exit spot and the AI has to be forced to move to get out of the way (the development of that script alone took countless re-designs and re-coded more times than you'd think possible) otherwise you end up with a real AI pile-up at the end of the ramp.

New allied waves constantly spawn in on new boats as do DD tanks. Don't expect to get up to the top of the bluffs on your first try, I highly recommend getting your sniper into a covered position, and using Team-Switch (T by default) to advance and locate mg's for you to pick off by switching back to your sniper while reinforcements pour in. I think it takes about an hour or two generally to push forward enough to start attacking the actual bunkers up on top of the hill and clear out the last few enemies. Watch out for hint prompts as to what is required (such as filling number of men at each stage to advance to the next, this often requires waiting for another wave to land).

Granted that mission is nowhere near perfect and now pretty old as it was originally developed for ArmA and converted to A2 by Joffre, with a lot of its scripts still running in sqs it certainly is showing its age, and as I know myself from making the MP version there really is only so much you can do with the engine. If anyone manages to make something that can improve on it we'd love to hear from you!

Gnat;2233728']Just AWESOME playing Marks Apocalypse mission set with just I44 on Neaville .......

Its a whole live battlefield' date=' in the air and on the ground.

Even just great to watch and listen lol[/quote']

Glad to hear this!

The I44 sounds add so much to the experience as well. I wasnt sure I was going to like a WWII mod, but man I am glad I decided to add it in to the mission. Great job guys!

PS. support for Merderet v2 will be released today

I was wondering if anyone can do a quick look at the vehicle config file for the b17, believe it is csj_b17 and let me know the vehicle class names of the turrets.

I'm working on some code that will add automatic AI-support to the turrets in my mission, but need the class names. Unfortunately my I44 files are at home and i am not able to get to them at this moment.

Also, if anyone knows of any other aircraft in the mod that uses this neat 'attachTo' method for turrets, that would be great to get those class names as well.

Thanks

B17

Parent
class B17_StaticWeapon : M2StaticMG {

Children
class B17_tailGUN : B17_StaticWeapon {
class B17_ballGUN : B17_StaticWeapon {
class B17_topGUN : B17_StaticWeapon {
class B17_waistGUN : B17_StaticWeapon {
class B17_backGUN : B17_StaticWeapon {
class B17_cheekGUN : B17_StaticWeapon {

Ju87

class CSJ_Ju87gunner : DSHKM_base {

Come the so-called "2.7" patch, there will be no more aircraft turrets via ATTACHTO. They will be arrange as normal vehicles are.

Gnat;2235498']Come the so-called "2.7" patch' date=' there will be no more aircraft turrets via ATTACHTO. They will be arrange as normal vehicles are.[/quote']

Yeah, I'd love to see how you guys are doing that. Very anxious indeed.

But for now, I've added support for the 'attachTo' turrets for the B17 and Ju52 in my mission (plus the modern AC130 and MV22). Have fun!

The current version of I44, B17 config has;

class EventHandlers {
		fired = "_this execVM ""\CSJ_B17\scripts\bombem.sqf"";";

So to trigger the bombs you have to trigger the same script

I've been wondering if there's going to be any plans for the old map named Oosterbeek back in the old Invasion 1944 mod all the way back on OPF? It seemed as if the map wasn't finished yet but I haven't seen anything about it. Is the I44 considering on remaking it for ARMA 2 or leaving it with the old version?

Are you guys going to add any more sherman variants? For Example, the M4A4/Sherman V (we already have the VC) The M4A1 and M4A1(76) and one from any version with a 105mm howitzer? Perhaps a Kangaroo?

Gnat;2236509']The current version of I44' date=' B17 config has;

class EventHandlers {
		fired = "_this execVM ""\CSJ_B17\scripts\bombem.sqf"";";

So to trigger the bombs you have to trigger the same script[/quote']

Awesome, I knew there had to be something more to it.

I'm not sure if this is related to I44 or not, but I've scripted a charge through open ground to attack a german held ridgeline. It's awesome.. but then I played from the German point of view and noticed the American group on the right side lined up to attack, and just stayed static. I checked everything, and made sure all of the scripting was correct in distinguishing both groups were in fact independent of each other... Dammit! No wonder they were all shooting at my platoon. First time I've played I44 since I've been back, I really dig it guys, keep it up!

edit: nevermind I found it.

Edited by paecmaker

What happened to the flame effect? Whenever i use flamethrowers theres no visible flame even. Humen doesnt ignite and start to run like they used to do before. Is it susposed to be this way or is it a graphic card problem?

Just a small bit of news on the next update, we had planned for a larger patch for 2.63 but due to general lack of interest from a large portion of the team, its doubtful there will be anything big included and will mostly focus on bug fixes and mission improvements, there might be one or two small surprises but content like the Jagd or M10 will be held back for 2.64. We're hoping to have this finalised and published in the next week or so.

We will primarily be providing the update through Play withSix (and therefore six-updater too) initially, possibly supporting an archive update later, but no guarantees, so we highly recommend familiarising yourself with Six, with websites repacking and redocumenting the last release we had to deal with a number of confused installation procedures, required updates that made our job infinitely harder than a Six only release would have. Its very likely all future releases will be done this way as the archive patches are becoming so much of an issue to document (and for people to then follow the instructions) we end up spending more time supporting users than actually getting to work on the mod and when interest from the team is dwindling its not time we can afford to waste.

I've been wondering if there's going to be any plans for the old map named Oosterbeek back in the old Invasion 1944 mod all the way back on OPF? It seemed as if the map wasn't finished yet but I haven't seen anything about it. Is the I44 considering on remaking it for ARMA 2 or leaving it with the old version?

I did answer this on our public forums so go there for full info, but no we are not currently working on one but may do sometime in the future, nothing is planned or set in stone though.

Are you guys going to add any more sherman variants?

I'm not familiar enough with those variants you've named to know what they are so can't say. Things like the howizer, do you mean the M7 Priest etc? Hard to tell as many have different names etc. Right now no there are no plans to expand it further. Marcel who made the sherman's current project is the M10 so that takes up all his available time.

I'm not sure if this is related to I44 or not, but I've scripted a charge through open ground to attack a german held ridgeline. It's awesome.. but then I played from the German point of view and noticed the American group on the right side lined up to attack, and just stayed static.

You can try posting the script/mission over on our user content > scripts forum and someone may be able to help you there.

how does one hipfire his weapon in this mod?

Its not something thats intended to be done, however it is possible to get stuck in the bayonet animation where the gun is held at the waist, and appear like you're firing from the hip.

What happened to the flame effect?

I believe we covered this on Steam and was related to an old version of CBA/incorrectly loading it. Hopefully you're all fixed now.

Nice to hear news about an update,not so nice to hear that development of I44 it's not going full speed because "team's interest is dwindling".

I hope you get all your problem solved because you made such a masterpiece and it would be a real pity if the project is dropped

Nice to hear news about an update,not so nice to hear that development of I44 it's not going full speed because "team's interest is dwindling".

I hope you get all your problem solved because you made such a masterpiece and it would be a real pity if the project is dropped

Well, they are modding since the first times of OFP, they can slow the speed from time to time :rolleyes:

They wont drop everything, do you realize how old the team is?

They made a version for every game since they started. OFP, Arma1, Arma2, Arma2CO, Arma3 will be like Holy Shite!

I'd suggest donating time and or money to the team to help their work.

Modders can get burnt out with project like their doing, I know I did with my mods, and I44 is a team, me Im just solo, mods/scripting, coding textures, takes alot of time,

if theres no interest, or support, or even donations then the team would feel that then theres no reason to continue, after all they work,

have school, family, this isn't a paying job for them, this is a freetime hobby.

If i had the money i would surely donate and help out, Im already going to be helping out indirectly with a personal

project for the mod that will benefit the community you guys will see soon ;)

As the archive patches are becoming so much of an issue to document (and for people to then follow the instructions) we end up

spending more time supporting users than actually getting to work on the mod

Seriously I can agree with that, if there isn't a decent tutorial that a complete noob to the game can follow, you'll lose them, most regular players

that have installed at least a mod can install I44 its no different then any mod out there in terms of its format.

A good visual tutorial I think is important.