SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Sorry for the delay Raptor I am hugely burnt out with I44 after the release and reception, I swear I've sat down to write several replies and had thought I had got to you already will send a reply now.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make them a static position? Something they would be able to enter into like a vehicle but still fight out of. Seems like it would be helpful and make easier defenses for missions. Just a thought.

This is kind of how some foxholes were done in the original OPF release. The problem is we don't have any code to allow people to fire from a seated crew position (though I know it is possible to do but requires quite a bit of magic so doubt we'd be getting it anytime for A2) so would require static weapons when seated. I've been hoping to setup some AI routes+positions for these types of structures (trenchline etc) which would allow the AI to navigate and use them as they would a building, rather than avoiding them as just an object. But I'm very stretched for time right now so don't know if or when I'll have time to do it.

Hello there

Splendid release, loving it utterly. Good show.

Now, the community needs to start pumping out missions.

Rgds

LoK

Indeed ! Is the turret a "real turret" or a scripted one ?

Thats a real turret on the Ju52 now Prof.

The German Luftwaffe didn't want those paratroopers to get too relaxed in those seats did they?

LOL Yeh. In some source pics I found they had to stand up and only got a few poles to hold onto.

Gnat;2227375']Thats a real turret on the Ju52 now Prof.

I was going to make a post on this.

After looking through Liberation 1944 configs, I tried their solution of real turrets in ArmA 2 and it indeed works. I'm glad you knew this as well.

I'm just trying to figure out when BIS snuck this feature in as I've always been told fixed-wing aircraft could not have turrets. It's a huge step in the right direction now that they can (Hello AC-130!)

Yac found it worked long before others I believe. Thats where I got my tip-off and tried again myself

When? Don't know.

But it is VERY sensitive to config setups, so for all I know it was usable months and months before that even, but never got the perfect config setup.

I could've swore that the feature shipped with ArmA 2. I thought that that was one of the features people were excited about pre-ArmA 2. I could be wrong though.

Gnat, while you'll be on the airplane revision thing, can you add more Typhoon squadron designations? I'm looking at No. 609 RAuxAF (Sqn. code PR) and No. 440 RCAF (Sqn. code I8) in particular.

If the Sqn. code texture doesn't change the background, No. 609 RAuxAF could be re-used for Spitfire Mk.I (as it flew Spits before being rearmed to Typhoons).

While making me happy, the No. 310 RAF (NN), No. 312 RAF (DU) and No. 313 RAF (RY) could also be added to the Hurri. And No. 311 RAF (KX) when we get some Wellingtons!

Little "details" with these Squadrons, but knowing I'm flying a NN/DU/RY-designated Hurricane adds some special treat to it. Same for the Typhoon, where walking towards a "PR-F" would immediately make me think "My bird."

@SGT

All aircraft with now have HiddenSelections defined so you guys can make your own re-textures easy enough.

@Jakerod

That a negative. Just ask RKSL Studios for example. Like others they couldn't get it working either. Was a big disappointment spoken about early in ArmA2's life.

Now, if we could only fire "shell" type ammo .... (yes, the "never-satisfied" community LOL )

Didn't shell-type ammo come with the PMC-shotgun?

Can someone give a check to this bug i've reported? i'm not sure if it's just me or it's a known problem.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/50884

Right now i can't create missions that has something related to bunker destruction or crew elimination.

Thx in advance

Edited by Zio Sam

Awesome! Great news Gnat! Do the Squadron Codes also contain background/camouflage?

If so, it would be good if you could release at least blank camouflage "SDK" thing. I'm not too skilled with Photoshop.

Serza

I have added support for Invasion 44 units in my Apocalypse/Lost SP mission.

Now you can be a part of a full 2 or 3 sided full-island AI-driven war with WWII units.

I dont provide support for any of the Winter troops yet.

Currently you can use I44 units/vehicles/aircraft on all supported islands (Chernarus, Lingor, etc). I am now working on adding the I44 islands...

Great mod, by the way.

I have added support for Invasion 44 units in my Apocalypse/Lost SP mission.

Now you can be a part of a full 2 or 3 sided full-island AI-driven war with WWII units.

I dont provide support for any of the Winter troops yet.

Currently you can use I44 units/vehicles/aircraft on all supported islands (Chernarus, Lingor, etc). I am now working on adding the I44 islands...

Great mod, by the way.

Wow great, i was looking for this :)

If someone knows how to launch Mark apocalypse mission (and mod) together with I44, through Play with Six, i'm interested (i'm posting here because the problem is more PwS ability to launch two mods together than Apocalypse...)

Edited by ProfTournesol

If someone knows how to launch Mark apocalypse mission (and mod) together with I44, through Play with Six, i'm interested (i'm posting here because the problem is more PwS ability to launch two mods together than Apocalypse...)

I don't think you can do this yet easily - eventually PWS will take on the functionality of Six Updater, but for now you have to continue to use SU for complex mod launches or for those mods not currently in PWS.

One way which may work with PWS is to update the 'Additional Startup Paramaters' (click on the Arma II button to get these - they should appear on the right). You may be able to add "-mod=@somemodname" to launch other mods.

the way i do it is, very simply, copy the Documents/Arma 2/@i44 directory to my Arma 2 dir as a modfolder there... then launch it the normal way using a shortcut adding in the I44 and Apocalypse @'s

Is there someone who is up to make SP missions and/or a campaign with this mod?

@Wiki

There is a campaign for I44, H&D Operation Iron Swarm.

And on I44 site forums you can find mission pack with i think 58? SP/COOP missions. Most of them if not all dont have overviews and briefings only tasks marked on map but i think that they are good and fun for play.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

On i44 forums check:

Sp missions->SP or COOP missions by vandevoorde.pa (page 22 2nd post all missions in 1pack). Author works also on small campaign on desert (few last posts in his thread).

the way i do it is, very simply, copy the Documents/Arma 2/@i44 directory to my Arma 2 dir as a modfolder there... then launch it the normal way using a shortcut adding in the I44 and Apocalypse @'s

Ok, i really love PwS. Put the apocalypse mod in the ARmA2 folder as usual, and simply put "-mod=@MARKB50K_Apocalypse" in the additionnal startup parameter area :

pwst.jpg

So easy...

This was probably answered thousands of times, but this is a 98 page thread and it would be hard to hunt the answer down. Is it possible to unbind the hand signals from the numpad? I use the numpad for other controls.

Is there someone who is up to make SP missions and/or a campaign with this mod?

I'm not sure about SP as I play mostly COOP, so here's a quick list:

CO03 Hells Gates

CO06 Libreration Colleville sur Mer

CO08 Night of Nights

CO10 =RTY= They Who Dare =

CO10 Grounded Goose

CO14 Op Breakthough

CO16 Coop Nuts

CO20 Feuer Frei

CO20 Cabourg Cauldron

CO32 Op Goulash Bridge

As for campaigns, I think that there's only 1 which has already been mentioned.

However, it is SP only, has some issues with lighting and hasn't been updated over 6 months (pre-v2.62).

I would love to see it updated.

Let us know if you find anything.

This was probably answered thousands of times, but this is a 98 page thread and it would be hard to hunt the answer down. Is it possible to unbind the hand signals from the numpad? I use the numpad for other controls.

That 'search thread' button is very useful... but yes you can, use 'Custom Action 18' in 'Custom Controls' (I think default is unbound) to bring up the hand signals menu, select the power button at the bottom to enable or disable the quick-keys on numpad.

hello the mg42 scope and ironsight for tripod and bipod doesnt work for me i thought this was solved 2 patches ago? and can some one tell me how to add backpacks for (DAC) ai units ? they come whitout back packs thx