SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

There will be a 7z patch for 2.61 install, but no full 2.62 release, as this is available using Six without us having to publish a whole new release with updated documentation etc, which ultimately would delay us further.

Looks like everything is in good shape so hopefully see a release sometime this evening GMT.

I can't breathe now and would wait for it in whole night...

Patch 2.62

Changelog 2.62
==============

- New: Panzerfaust 60 and 30 models by Kraetzer
- New: panzerfaust sound
- New: Backblast smoke from AT launchers
- New: British winter infantry
- New: Panther G model with various additions to crew anims, random appearence etc.
- New: Improved melee scripts, attaching bayonet automatically engages bayonet charge mode now (Shift+1/2 no longer required)
- New: Tank interior sounds
- New: PanzerII model 
- New: Flying debris on explosions 
- New: Sounds overhaul for vehicles, weapons, explosions and sonic cracks
- New: Main menu appearance and loading screen
- New: Neaville map by McNools
- New: Merderet_V2 map with various improvements, new locations and fixes
- New: Lee Enfield rifle model replaced (credits: BI)
- New: Luftwaffe Pilots by Yac
- New: Tank HUD

- Added: M1 Garand, Carbines, and M1919A4/6 updated models and textures by Yac
- Added: New M1A1 Thompson model by Babylonjoke
- Added: New G43 model by Macolik and Yac
- Added: New PzIV_D model by Vex_Man and Macolik
- Added: swapped out colt model with BI's colt 
- Added: Machinegunner M1919A6's to all US Airborne factions
- Added: Multiple sights to Thompson, M1 Garand+M7 Grenade launcher, SMLE No. 4 scoped, press optics key (/ on Numpad by default) to switch optics

- Fixed: multiple ground parachute models in mp
- Fixed: fixed NVG skeleton selection (glasses position) on Airborne units.
- Fixed: ViewLOD on german camo infantry (head was visible)
- Fixed: Errors in churchill geo LOD
- Fixed: Tracks not moving on winter Tiger VI (porsche)
- Fixed: Various improvements to weapon resting scripts made
- Fixed: Weapon resting in vehicles
- Fixed: weapon rest icon sticking on after death
- Fixed: modified merderet winter intro in hopes of preventing "man inside of man" bug
- Fixed: Tank cannon smoke overhauled
- Fixed: M4 Shermans suspension fixed
- Fixed: M4 Sherman slightly corrected geometry lod
- Fixed: New sight for Sherman periscopes (all positions except for gunner).
- Fixed: Cleaned up cromwell/churchill gun sight
- Fixed: wheat clutter object
- Fixed: merderet_V1 uv error fixed, wheat fixed, texture mask improved. (v1 and v2)
- Fixed: merderet_winter texture mask improved, floating building & uv error fixed, 
- Fixed: I44_man_g_winter fixed proxy positions (iron sights now work correctly) 
- Fixed: corrected engineer base classes (wrong model)
- Fixed: added 250rnd mags for mg42, 30cal, vickers to crates, all faction backpacks rebalanced
- Fixed: lee-enfield bayonet not attachable
- Fixed: PzKpfwIV_G - corrected Fire Geometry
- Fixed: radio backpacks (now carry primary ammo + grenades)
- Fixed: all backpack contents overhauled
- Fixed: fixed FTHUD for both merderet_v1 and _v2
- Fixed: several issues with Armor module corrected

Missions:
=========
The following new and updated missions make use of the TPWC AI Suppression and LOS scripts by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T && Ollem (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system).

New Single Player Missions:
----------------------------
Neaville:
-Path to Neaville parts 1, 2, and 3 by McNools
-Meatgrinder by Macolik

New Multi-player Missions:
--------------------------
Neaville:
-Path to Neaville part 1 by McNools
-Hill 93 by McNools
-Trial By Fire by Pac
-Operation Murkz By Murkz

Omaha_V2:
-Hedgerow by Pac

Merderet_Winter:
-Bridging the Gap by Pac
-Panther Pack by Macolik

UPDATED Multi-player Missions:
------------------------------
Omaha_V2:
-Brecourt By Pac

Merderet_Winter:
-The Ambush by Macolik

Merderet_V2:
-Crossing Pont by Pac (converted from Merderet)

Known Issues:
=============
- Panzer IV G (S) explodes from small arms fire when Armor Penetration module is NOT placed
- Tank HUD only displays correctly in 'Very Small' interface size
- Some Armor units not yet 100% compatible/setup for HUD (e.g. Armored Cars)

-Download and Installation-

Click the button below for instructions on how to download and install Invasion 1944 using Play withSix:

forumsignsml.png

Kelly's Heroes have kindly provided us a public server to support the release, feel free to join us for some release-day fun!

Great Stuff! Will give this a go later on - Six is on the case and downloading now! Thanks to the team for all your hard work and thanks for giving it to us!

yayyyyyyyyyy DL now I hope. lol Thanks for the hard work!!!!

Little Annoying, that i have to install SIX, when i normal don't use it.

But Looking forward to play this anyway... :-)

Ooooooh nice menu!

Meatgrinder is brutal - love it!

Edited by Jedra

Thanks guys, fingers crossed everything went smoothly, cheers again to everyone else involved in producing, testing and distributing the mod, now it must be time for some sleep!

Yep, but it's working flawlessly, i'm very happy with it : i even copied and pasted my old install of i44 2.61 from the ArmA2 folder to \mydocuments\arma2 where Six install mods by default, and six updated it nicely :)

Awesome, looking forward to this, thanks for all the hard work! :)

When you install and use it you"ll wonder why you hadn't done so earlier..

to \mydocuments\arma2 where Six install mods by default

Ok, so that's why this new program had to download all of my mods again instead of just updating them... well, I guess it wouldn't be a Six program if it didn't mess something up and force you to search for the settings to fix it manually. Was it really necessary to move the mods to a new directory? :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to checking all the new I44 stuff out once I have fixed this problem.

Ok, so that's why this new program had to download all of my mods again instead of just updating them... well, I guess it wouldn't be a Six program if it didn't mess something up and force you to search for the settings to fix it manually. Was it really necessary to move the mods to a new directory? :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to checking all the new I44 stuff out once I have fixed this problem.

But you can tell Six where to put the mods, my bad. I just thought it's convenient to keep that "Mydocument" folder for the mods.

Was it really necessary to move the mods to a new directory?

No you can always use the old directory if you click the ArmA2 settings tab, and use the 'Mods Installation Path (advanced)' option to direct them elsewhere, documents is just the recommended place by BI which I think passed most people by (I definitely wasn't aware of it myself, thanks Six for pointing it out lol).

But you can tell Six where to put the mods, my bad. I just thought it's convenient to keep that "Mydocument" folder for the mods.

Yes, I found that setting after looking for it. I do NOT want to keep my mods in the My documents folder (because of space and SSD vs regular hard drive reasons), so I was not happy that the default location had been changed. And I'm pretty sure that most people will not find this setting when first using the program, thus making them download all the mods again, and now have two sets taking up space on their hard drives. But this is not the right thread for this discussion, as it's not related to I44 (well, other than this new program apparently being the only way to get I44).

@PacUK Yoma Repo on KH is updated?

I don't believe so, you can update your existing install with Play withSix though, just be sure to point it to the right place (see above^).

just to make things clear: is it a patch or is it a full version?

because I've read that it is a patch, but on armaholic, the file is 2.3 Gb, and it's just written that only CBA is needed, not Ivasion1944 v2.61.

so, if I want the 2.62, do I just download on armaholic, or do I download the 2.61 and the patch here?

Hey guys. Just recently downloaded the patch for Invasion 1944 and I've just found a small bug already. I'm not sure if your aware of this problem either. But anyway.

I've just gone into Mission editor and I've just checked out afew things. And this came to my attention, a unit from the British side, which follows from this path.

Side: Bluefor

Faction: [i44] British Army

Class: Men - Airborne

Unit: Commando

It seems as if the body is `Missing` which results to this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92524808&insideModal=1

But anyway, hopefully this helps out.

2.62 is a patch, it requires 2.60 patched to 2.61 already. This is why we are pushing for Play withSix as the main source of downloads as it avoids patch confusion by keeping you up to date and making it much easier to get fixes out without people having to track forum threads of news releases for the latest versions.

And this came to my attention...

Not actually a bug, just a unit we were meant to hide from the editor list, its for the campaign system Macolik has been toying with, allowing users to customise their appearance, so it appears invisible when nothings set on.

t6mmy4XSLFY