SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Thought there was a NEW map!!! Looking foward to release. Maybe eventually I'll release some missions.... Though I'll need help spruising them up a bit to meet you guyesss standards. lol I'm kind of a novice. Been making mission sense the original OFP back way back when, but never released anything. lol So maybe a slight bit more than novice but not compared to your stuff. I have to make the missions low pc friendly most of the time. lol ANYWAYYYS Looking foward to your release. :-)

Will it be compatible with 1.60 or is 1.62 necessary ?

As I'm using 1.62 I can't fully confirm it does anymore, and there were a few issues with 1.60 that were fixed in subesquent beta patches regarding I44 bits and pieces so there may be a few glitches you wouldn't otherwise have. But I would guess it still works for the most part, though the suppression scripts in the new missions require a certain beta to function so that will throw up some errors.

Thought there was a NEW map

Two if you count Merderet v2 ;) Neaville has quickly become a favourite though looking forward to see what everyone does with McNools' work!

Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly here on out, its a fairly large update (around 1.55GB, total mod size now around 3.41GB) so there's a lot to check in the final moments but things are looking fairly solid so far!

Oh and in regards to missing destruction models, unfortunately yeah some models don't have them setup, ideally each would have something setup but with our new Armor system we have started to develop some bits and pieces that will eventually form the foundation for more interesting and realistic damage and destruction, we just don't have the time to implement everything we'd like to but with luck we'll get round to them one day!

Edited by PacUK

Bis needs a like button for these forums! lol Yeh just looked at the pics for Neaville... Looks great! I also noticed on the video you guys have some stuff flashing too. Like post or buildings will flash then disapear in like less than a second and keep doing it sparaticly. Any Idea what this is? My suspicion is that its something to do with Arma 2 gaming engine.

I'm sure putting those modals together are a bit hard. Yeh it does take away from the experience a tad bit, BUT all the other stuff that comes with this mod which by the way IS FREE makes up for it. I do minor scripting and have spent days perfecting them. Try not to knock these guys to much. It is very hard work, and takes alot of their time. :-) Also I'm not sure the link but I do think they have a bug page. Look at there 1st post I think its on there. Oh and makes sure you read their read me on it. It has a TON of features thats pretty awesome. :-)

BTW to titi Ive finally got you scripts working with Norrins and our scripts with slight my modifications to both If you'd like to see let me know and If I can figure it out I'll try and post it. :-) Thanks for the help.

Yep, I understand it's a free mod and it's hard work for them to make an amazing mod like this on their free time. I wasn't complaining. I was wondering if the issues was a common bug that I could fix myself or not. Anyways it looks like there is a new update coming out soon for the mod and it looks like its gonna make it even better. Very excited.

Just a word of warning, we'll be prioritising Play withSix as our main distribution method. Supporting manual installs is taking up far too much time (and even our team members are struggling with it) so if you are not already I HIGHLY recommend downloading and familiarising yourself with Six's interface, it really will make your life SO much easier.

We will probably still provide an archive version for manual install but as you really require an up-to-date CBA, and the only way I know how to get hold of that these days is via Six, its more there as a backup download source.

Download Play withSix

Just a word of warning, we'll be prioritising Play withSix as our main distribution method. Supporting manual installs is taking up far too much time (and even our team members are struggling with it) so if you are not already I HIGHLY recommend downloading and familiarising yourself with Six's interface, it really will make your life SO much easier.

We will probably still provide an archive version for manual install but as you really require an up-to-date CBA, and the only way I know how to get hold of that these days is via Six, its more there as a backup download source.

Download Play withSix

So i installed (for ya !) 1.62 and PlayWithSix. I can't find CBA though on PlayWithSix..

Six will automatically download the latest CBA version when you download a mod that uses it, so it should download alongside I44 when you come to update :)

Six will automatically download the latest CBA version when you download a mod that uses it, so it should download alongside I44 when you come to update :)

Great :) Thanks for the hard work !

There will be a 7z patch for 2.61 install, but no full 2.62 release, as this is available using Six without us having to publish a whole new release with updated documentation etc, which ultimately would delay us further.

Looks like everything is in good shape so hopefully see a release sometime this evening GMT.

There will be a 7z patch for 2.61 install, but no full 2.62 release, as this is available using Six without us having to publish a whole new release with updated documentation etc, which ultimately would delay us further.
Hmm, what about a Inv44 "classic backup pack" (not now but later) - just in case something wrong with PlaywithSix ? Better safe than sorry... ;)

It would end up being the "classic I didn't read the install instructions and now need help fixing my install" issues all previous ones have been. Play with Six makes things infinitely easier for everyone involved. Having to produce, test, document, upload, and distribute any release is a huge time sink in which all development halts for the release except for fixing critical bugs. So no I doubt we'll ever release a pack like that. The only time I would ever expect to see a full patch woul be a full version increment such as 2.7 but even then I'd still push a Play with Six download over a direct archive download, its just a lot easier and quicker for us to get the mod out to everyone and for everyone to get it installed painlessly and running straight away.

IVe got a question and most likely Ive missed this some where in my readings. BTW alot to read on I44 :-) I've created a MP mission.. I see these people sign in only to be disconected do to "i44_base_m","i44_base_v","i44_base_scripts". Does this mean they've not DL I44 or am I doing something wrong on my end. Sorry to be a pest. And If its to dumb a question. I appologize in advance. :o

Depends on the exact error message its kicking out, but yes most likely the don't have I44 installed (or at least the correct version). This is another issue Play with Six helps solve as it automatically downloads and installs any mods needed for any given server that it supports (for example I44 servers running ACRE).

Most likely that its not happening tonight. Must have found another bug.

Nope, the delays have been producing the documentation and trying to find filehosts, and updating releases posts in preperation for the release itself and the countless other points that require certain users to be online, its not that easy to publish a 1.5GB patch online :)

its not that easy to publish a 1.5GB patch online :)

Oh mumma! Tell me you'll upload a torrent somewhere :D I'll seed forever, I promise! lol