SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Will be lots of new anims such as armor damage system, combat gesture, death anims,etc,?

37mm cannon is taking 2 shots to destroy BMW motorcycle ( 1 US 37mm round would hit anywhere would completely obliterate a bmw side car cycle.) as that could not even take a rifle grenade without severe damage :) also some of the german apcs is taking 4 plus 37mm to destroy ( example german apc with large cannon 234/2) try to down it with a stuart, greyhound or 37mm cannon for yourself, please fix.

Edited by Vobbnobb

Please report issues to Dev-Heaven rather than here, and also reference if you are placing things (such as the Armor penetration module) which may be affecting it or other mods alongside ours.

"I44 with all the shit removed"

oO..w-hat

this is the classname: I44_Module_ForwardObservers

Yeah looking at that site, which has nothing to do with us so no idea about the class list, it looks like they've made their own version of I44 from our files, which is... well... odd.

But anyway the module classname should be:

I44_Module_ForwardObservers

Ahh teach me to get distracted and not refresh, Mac beat me to it!

lol well everything Ive tried is not working. I'm spawning units and trying to get them synced to I44_Module_ForwardObservers. Ive got a trigger with opfor present with this in the init

null = [this] execVM "artillery.sqf";
and the script is
sleep 3;

player sideChat "maybea";

_unit = this select 0;

//_art1 = this select 1;

//_art2 = this select 2;

//_art3 = this select 3;

_leader selectLeader _unit;

_inf_unit = units _unit;

sleep 2;

player sideChat "maybeb";

sleep 2;

_LogicCenter = createCenter sideLogic;

_groupLogic = createGroup _LogicCenter;

player sideChat "maybec";

art = _groupLogic createUnit ["I44_Module_ForwardObservers", [0, 0, 0], [], 0, ""];

art synchronizeObjectsAdd [_inf_unit];

sleep 2;

art synchronizeObjectsAdd [art1,art2,art3];

//_art4 synchronizeObjectsAdd [_art1];

//_art4 synchronizeObjectsAdd [_art2];

//_art4 synchronizeObjectsAdd [_art3];

sleep 2;

player sideChat "maybed";

exit;

its a bit sloppy as Ive left some of the stuff Ive done. By the way have 3 mort pieces for the germans named art1,art2,and art3. :banghead: Ive been working on this for a week or so. Maybe its not possible. lol But sometimes I can be a bit stubborn. lol

p.s. I just typed Ivasion 44 classnames and that site was one of the 1st sites that popped up.

P.s.s By the way Very awesome mod!!! Cant wait to see the new stuff you guys have coming out. :-)

Edited by Mikey74

With 2.62's update Homer's done a lot of cleaning up which should allow us to finally automate a full classlist but for now there are a few floating about which can be found over on our Dev-Heaven site here.

I've checked the version of I44 on that link, and its the 2.0 release for vanilla ArmA2, NOT combined operations. So I would HIGHLY discourage anyone using that site as a source of reliable information, best bet if you have a question about the mod ask in here or over on our public forums.

In regards to your script, I'm not sure if its possible to load modules mid mission, or whether certain modules have to be created on mission startup. As FO modules will generally return an error if placed with no FO units sync'd it may not be possible to create it on the fly. Iuka might be able to provide a bit more information I'll try and point him this way next time he's around (as he's currently deployed) but as he made the module he can probably shed a lot more light on it.

Thanks PakUK. I'll do that. :-) Ive just made a work around that works ok, and will do. I've got my oldest son working on this with me. We are going for a campaign. If we get to it will be my 1st release. lol Though I'm no where near as good as most on here that make these missions. lol We are going to try and base different battles off my Grand fathers stories and some from other I know thats faught in WWII. Again thanks for your help. :-) I think our biggest challendge will be the one where he was in the Alasc mountians and got the snot beat out of them. Him and 7 others guys where the only ones that survived. Maybe I'll post our idea on your mission section. :-) thanks again

I'm guessing he meant Alsace, a region in france. :)

yeh was in a big hurry when I typed that up. LOL Not sure how much we are going to get done. We keep playing what we build over and over. lol Thng is I asume its the Alsace mountian range. It relates to a few articles Ive read in the past and it fits with what he told me. He told me Patton took all there armour to go rescue the Airborne division. After this te Germans hit them with tanks and they lost everyone. It was just him and about 7 or 8 other guys that survived. He didnt start telling us his stories till just before he passed away. After a doctor told him "If you dont tell you grandkids who will?" Anyways Ive did research here and there and have lost all my contacts and links when My computer when belly up! But yes I think it was in the Alsace mountian region.

ps thanks for the links I'll take a look.

pss If any of you a big history buff. I do know that he was in the rainbow division. THATS a for sure.

Edited by Mikey74

Sounds like a very interesting project Mikey, feel free to post over on our forums if you're looking for specific information, or feedback and ideas, and of course eventually posting the mission/campaign. You may also want to check out Beton's WW2 era Hürtgenwald maps http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8635 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9567 and addons if you want to expand beyond our existing maps without having to avoid more modern structures present in some other maps.

@Mikey74

Try this :)

Demo mission : http://www.sendspace.com/file/pmi5ao

these are all fo scripts edited by Invasion44 team and adapted by me.

// Put this line in a script or a trigger

// Needs at least one observer and one mortar to works, FO Module auto created

// First array: name of observers //Second array: name of mortars // True if mortars auto reload

0=[[fobs1, fobs2, fobs3, fobs4], [mortar1, mortar2 ,mortar3], true] execVM "scripts\Arty\HandleMortars.sqf";

ps: can't remove pop up message about No FO sync'd to module

Edited by Titi

This works good, but will it work with newly spawned fo's? Thanks for the script. :-)

This works good, but will it work with newly spawned fo's? Thanks for the script. :-)

You wanna execute the script twice or whenever you want in a mission?

Actualy works whenever you want in a mission with founits and mortars created by editor or script.

How many time script have to runs ? For a second shot is it old founits and mortars are removed or not?

In I44 domination , I only use one FO module for all the mission and with max 5 founits and max 3 mortars by town created by script.

Units and mortars are removed before newly are created and relinked to FO module.

Edited by Titi

ok Now Ive just got to figure out the names of the unit spawned by dac and EBS. I think. Also I will be trying some other stuff I hope you dont mind if I doctor your script up a bit. My plan now till I figure out the last thing I mentioned is to use your script with the norrin script were it deletes units at begining and respawns them when needed.

IDK Got Jury duty this week so my time is a bit limited. If I get it working right, and you'd like to see I'll post it. IF I get it working right. lol But your script does point me in the direction I was headed. Thanks Very much!!! :-)

p.s. Totally unrelated but its cool that I just got promoted to Sergeant! :-) Thanks BIS forums for boosting my low confidence. :-) lol

PSS Figured your script out and what you meant. I skipt your 1st note in your script. WORKS awesome with Norrins AI_respawn. ;-) Thanks!!!!

Edited by Mikey74

I've finally gotten around to downloading this mod and I love it. But there are no destruction models for a bunch of the vehicles for me. When they are destroyed they look exactly the same as when they are perfectly intact. Is this a bug? Is there a way I can fix this bug? It really breaks the experience for me. I will list a few of the vehicles that are giving me this problem.

Sd.kfz. 251/1-11 Ausf D

Sd.kfz. 234/1

Sd.kfz. 222

Sd.kfz. 2 (camo)

Pz.kpfw VI ausf E

Pz.kpfw IV ausf G

Pz.kpfw II ausf F

jagdPz 38 T

Universal Carrier (BREN)

I'm sure putting those modals together are a bit hard. Yeh it does take away from the experience a tad bit, BUT all the other stuff that comes with this mod which by the way IS FREE makes up for it. I do minor scripting and have spent days perfecting them. Try not to knock these guys to much. It is very hard work, and takes alot of their time. :-) Also I'm not sure the link but I do think they have a bug page. Look at there 1st post I think its on there. Oh and makes sure you read their read me on it. It has a TON of features thats pretty awesome. :-)

BTW to titi Ive finally got you scripts working with Norrins and our scripts with slight my modifications to both If you'd like to see let me know and If I can figure it out I'll try and post it. :-) Thanks for the help.

Awesome game! Wish there were a couple dominations servers with their original maps instead of the domination west from arma.

But one word! Amazing!

Thanks!

WOWWW!!!!! Is that a new map, and those signs on the engineers is that new? LOL I got so excited I almost @#$@#% myself! lol Cant wait to show my son this. Is the a group we can join. That looked like alot of fun! Any new features? Sorry for all the questions... lol GREAT JOB. Very nice looking!

Hopefully we can clear 2.62 in a few final tests today, so we should be looking to release it pretty soon unless we find anything that slipped through the net that we have to fix, here's the current changelog for the release, it may change slightly. The only piece that's slipped back to 2.63 has been the Wespe as we're looking at some way of making it work with an artillery system so unfortunately that isn't going to be in this release.

Changelog 2.62
==============

- New: Panzerfaust 60 and 30 models by Kraetzer
- New: panzerfaust sound
- New: Backblast smoke from AT launchers
- New: British winter infantry
- New: Panther G model with various additions to crew anims, random appearence etc.
- New: Improved melee scripts, attaching bayonet automatically engages bayonet charge mode now (Shift+1/2 no longer required)
- New: Tank interior sounds
- New: PanzerII model 
- New: Flying debris on explosions 
- New: Sounds overhaul for vehicles, weapons, explosions and sonic cracks
- New: Main menu appearance and loading screen
- New: Neaville map by McNools
- New: Merderet_V2 map with various improvements, new locations and fixes
- New: Lee Enfield rifle model replaced (credits: BI)
- New: Luftwaffe Pilots by Yac
- New: Tank HUD

- Added: M1 Garand, Carbines, and M1919A4/6 updated models and textures by Yac
- Added: New M1A1 Thompson model by Babylonjoke
- Added: New G43 model by Macolik and Yac
- Added: New PzIV_D model by Vex_Man and Macolik
- Added: swapped out colt model with BI's colt 
- Added: Machinegunner M1919A6's to all US Airborne factions
- Added: Multiple sights to Thompson, M1 Garand+M7 Grenade launcher, SMLE No. 4 scoped, press optics key (/ on Numpad by default) to switch optics

- Fixed: multiple ground parachute models in mp
- Fixed: fixed NVG skeleton selection (glasses position) on Airborne units.
- Fixed: ViewLOD on german camo infantry (head was visible)
- Fixed: Errors in churchill geo LOD
- Fixed: Tracks not moving on winter Tiger VI (porsche)
- Fixed: Various improvements to weapon resting scripts made
- Fixed: Weapon resting in vehicles
- Fixed: weapon rest icon sticking on after death
- Fixed: modified merderet winter intro in hopes of preventing "man inside of man" bug
- Fixed: Tank cannon smoke overhauled
- Fixed: M4 Shermans suspension fixed
- Fixed: M4 Sherman slightly corrected geometry lod
- Fixed: New sight for Sherman periscopes (all positions except for gunner).
- Fixed: Cleaned up cromwell/churchill gun sight
- Fixed: wheat clutter object
- Fixed: merderet_V1 uv error fixed, wheat fixed, texture mask improved. (v1 and v2)
- Fixed: merderet_winter texture mask improved, floating building & uv error fixed, 
- Fixed: I44_man_g_winter fixed proxy positions (iron sights now work correctly) 
- Fixed: corrected engineer base classes (wrong model)
- Fixed: added 250rnd mags for mg42, 30cal, vickers to crates, all faction backpacks rebalanced
- Fixed: lee-enfield bayonet not attachable
- Fixed: PzKpfwIV_G - corrected Fire Geometry
- Fixed: radio backpacks (now carry primary ammo + grenades)
- Fixed: all backpack contents overhauled
- Fixed: fixed FTHUD for both merderet_v1 and _v2
- Fixed: several issues with Armor module corrected

Missions:
=========
The following new and updated missions make use of the TPWC AI Suppression and LOS scripts by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T && Ollem (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system).

New Single Player Missions:
----------------------------
Neaville:
-Path to Neaville parts 1, 2, and 3 by McNools
-Meatgrinder by Macolik

New Multi-player Missions:
--------------------------
Neaville:
-Path to Neaville part 1 by McNools
-Hill 93 by McNools
-Trial By Fire by Pac
-Operation Murkz By Murkz

Omaha_V2:
-Hedgerow by Pac

Merderet_Winter:
-Bridging the Gap by Pac
-Panther Pack by Macolik

UPDATED Multi-player Missions:
------------------------------
Omaha_V2:
-Brecourt By Pac

Merderet_Winter:
-The Ambush by Macolik

Merderet_V2:
-Crossing Pont by Pac (converted from Merderet)

Edited by PacUK