SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Sorry guys, the ArmA2 engine is not "B-17 the mighty 8th" (one of my faviour games that SOOOOO needed MP)

But I will see what I can do.

CBA I think is giving me a small black box with white code jargon on some screens when playing i44 with the bohmia patch that came out this summer 2012, July I think. Is this a CBA problem or something i44 will have to update?

This is noticeable in the i44 singplayer mission 10:BOR

scaled.php?server=507&filename=photoeal.jpg&res=landing

Edited by Vobbnobb

@Vobbnobb

Looks like you have -showscripterrors turned on. That is not CBA or I44. If you are using a launcher make sure showscripterrors is not checked and that will fix the black box from showing.

Hope this helps.

Nomadd

^ no man I dont have that even in my parameters.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Invasion 44.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2047 -world=empty -winxp

I think showscripterrors was added to our .exe but homer would need to confirm that. You should be able to run via shortcut or with a launcher fine, the exe is intended to just make life easier for those who are unfamiliar with running ArmA2 mods as many people had problems before with a lot not running CBA etc. Try something along the lines of:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@i44 -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2047 -world=empty -winxp

Can you guys make some desert texture for the units because I really want to recreate some African campaign things. You guys already have all the content, all that's missing is the skins. You guys already did this for the winter camo so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too much of a pain in the neck.

I think showscripterrors was added to our .exe but homer would need to confirm that. You should be able to run via shortcut or with a launcher fine, the exe is intended to just make life easier for those who are unfamiliar with running ArmA2 mods as many people had problems before with a lot not running CBA etc. Try something along the lines of:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@i44 -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2047 -world=empty -winxp

^ I get that dreaded CATRACKED2_AAV error b4 game statrs with your params, ah that black screen doesn't bother me much thanks anyways though.

Can you guys make some desert texture for the units because I really want to recreate some African campaign things. You guys already have all the content, all that's missing is the skins. You guys already did this for the winter camo so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too much of a pain in the neck.

Actually, its a hell of a lot of work. The models required (to be accurate which is what we like our work to be) are more than just reskins, let alone the config work beyond texturing and modelling. The earlier period of the war also means a lot of various changes to other equipment (earlier rifles etc), sandy vehicles etc, it really amounts to a lot of content and basically a mod's worth of changes, texturing and so on. If we do come to do Africa, we'd want to do it very right.

Hi guys,i'm really enjoing your mod and deeply waiting for the new patch.I want to know(since we are going to start a TvT campaign based on I44) if something is scheduled in the artillery doctrine,i mean right now the lefh 18 is not usable(no data on where the gun is aiming,also i don't like arty computer because it's irrealistic) maybe you could add T&E(tangent and elevation sistem used also in Ace mod) or/ans range tables.Same for walking stukas.

I saw that wespe is coming in 2.62,also the ally need some mobile arty,maybe a priest with range tables would be the best.

Thx in advance,your mod it's very a top class one!

Soooo beautiful! Bloody nice work!

Hi guys,i'm really enjoing your mod and deeply waiting for the new patch.I want to know(since we are going to start a TvT campaign based on I44) if something is scheduled in the artillery doctrine,i mean right now the lefh 18 is not usable(no data on where the gun is aiming,also i don't like arty computer because it's irrealistic) maybe you could add T&E(tangent and elevation sistem used also in Ace mod) or/ans range tables.Same for walking stukas.

I saw that wespe is coming in 2.62,also the ally need some mobile arty,maybe a priest with range tables would be the best.

Well firstly the lefh is still a WIP model wise hence no work has been done to code it in as we don't know when the model will be ready for use. Our main issue with artillery is that other than mortars, the arty system in A2 really isn't suitable for the era weapons, as they are mostly low angle fire and A2's system that we use for the mortars is a high angle firing system. Then there's the matter of range, really the minimum distance these types of artillery were used in real life are larger than the entire map of say Omaha so having accurate firing tables would probably render most useless.

We are still considering holding back the Wespe as right now it just functions like any other tank and will not be able to be used as proper artillery as we do not have the coders/scripters to develop a whole new system for them, neither are there any we could directly import to make the work easier. So we're looking at developing a completely new firing system for what is essentially one unit, which is a major waste of resources. As for developing arty for the allies, then we're looking at new models which require some modellers with nothing to do, another thing we a vastly undermanned on.

So overall no there are no plans to expand 2.62 artillery systems, personally I think the tank hud and other bits should be more than enough to keep you all busy, and the mortars available provide more than enough long range support as it stands, and if you really wanted you can always use A2 artillery as stand in, at the ranges they would be used its not like you'll be encountering them visually anyway. We do of course hope to have something in place in future but what will be possible always depends on resources available (time, people, and other demands of the project) so we cannot make any promises sorry!

Any chance of there being a Pershing in the next release? The American faction is really lacking a very heavy tank.

There are no immediate plans for an M26 Pershing as they didn't come into service until 1945 and saw very little action from what I remember of our research, the M18 Hellcat is a more likely option. Either way 2.62 is far too close for release to really expect any more new units to make it in (the jagd for example probably won't make it into 2.62) let alone one that would be created from scratch, models take a long time to produce and texture and configure into the game engine. We do currently have an M10 in production, shots of its progress are available on our public forum.

thx for the reply about artillery,you are right the size of the map it's too small for a very realistic arty simulation,but who know,with an eye to gameplay,maybe in the future you can achieve some result also in that field(arty simulation in arma's sized maps).

I was thinking about R3F artillery and/or M109A6 Paladin by Soul_Assassin, NouberNou and rexehuk.

I know your team is not very big and you already made a masterpiece of mod,but if you have time...one day....

btw,keep up the good work ;)

Yeah its definitely something we will address hopefully when we have some time but also the units to make use of it. The real focus of 2.62 has become overhauling the armor systems which should please a lot of tank fans as well as stabalising and improving the playability of the game overall, the results so far look really promising which will pave the way for more features in later versions, and of course the very impressive aircraft overhauls coming from Gnat with 2.7, hopefully between now and then we'll find an update to squeeze in arty as a focus!

Here's a couple shots of the new US M1 Garand, Carbine, and M191A4 that Yac's been working on for 2.62:

262usweapons1.th.jpg 262usweapons2.th.jpg 262usweapons3.th.jpg

Any chance of there being some kind of AA gun for the Allies like the Bofors. I've been trying to make missions of German Air Raids on cities but I've found that the only AA weapon is a .50 Cal. The Germans have 88's and 38's but the Allies have nothing :(

We're hoping to expand the AA weapons alongside the aircraft enhancement for 2.7 so its still a while off yet, Mars1911 did make a start on a quad 50cal though so we hope to have that in for 2.7 at least. I don't think we ever publiscised any of the renders though so here's a quick peak:

m16halftruckm55aarender.th.jpg

Guys, I lurk in this thread, watching your progress quietly. This is an amazing amount of work. All credit to you guys. You have kept it free and not gone the IF way!

I, for one, can tell you that your work is really appreciated.

Guys, I lurk in this thread, watching your progress quietly. This is an amazing amount of work. All credit to you guys. You have kept it free and not gone the IF way!

I, for one, can tell you that your work is really appreciated.

^^

What Krem said. Really outstanding work.