SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

I have founded a video on youtube,a new UI of the I:44 with a new feature man can easily customise his soldier equipments from the menu,can somebody recognize this video/feature from my post?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Yeah that's something I've been working on. It's a mission specific feature and will hopefully be part of a multiplayer "campaign" once it's done.

The customizable appearance/gear part starts at 0:44

Oh my god, thats great!!!

Is this gear selection only for british? or will be possible to costumize also Us/German soldiers in some mission?

Edited by Babylonjoke

Yeah that's something I've been working on. It's a mission specific feature and will hopefully be part of a multiplayer "campaign" once it's done.

That is very nice indeed, congratulations :D

Would there be any chance of a version for us SP players/mission makers at some point?

Not sure, if still any orginal member remains in this team now.

We still have a few OFP-era members here and there, but we all appreciate long time players regardless of when we joined the mod, thanks for the continued support everyone!

Is this gear selection only for british? or will be possible to costumize also Us/German soldiers in some mission?

Right now its only for British Commandos, the customisation of the model requires a certain setup which isn't present on all units, and due to the rebuilding required on certain models to make the variety possible, we can't guarantee which factions eventually will be available, it mostly depends on time, as our campaign design focuses on small Commando operations we'll be holding them as the focus for now.

Would there be any chance of a version for us SP players/mission makers at some point?

We focus a lot of our development on the multiplayer side of things, and the concept of the campaign is for Co-op play, developing it for both SP and MP can often require far more development time and testing so I think our main goal will be to get it working for MP and with luck it MAY work in SP too but I can't guarantee anything.

in 2.62, will the Sten Mk. V be held by the grip?

No, we tried it a while back and holding the model like that causes too much warping of our models (the left shouder has to move too far forward in relation to the rest of the animations) which is why back when we first implemented the animations we used the same holding positions as the other Sten after seeing the results and not being very happy with them.

2.62 continues to go well, everyday we're seeing another part of it reach a releaseable state and we really hope to have something out to you all in the next few weeks. Right now we're putting the last polishes on scripts and systems, fixing as many of the bugs that have crept in as possible, and finishing up the missions (and even starting work on new ones while theres time) so there's some new ready made content for everyone to play the moment the mod hits the servers. Keep an eye out here and on our public forum for new news, media and release information, thanks everyone for your support!

this mod is a real gem and just keeps getting more amazing.i really enjoy the modules they great,the forward observer module i get the mortars and nebelwerfer to work but the artillery only seem to engage when they spot the enemy and not the observer is that correct?funny thing though i wanted to see the nebelwerfer in action so i placed myself about 50m forward of them,big mistake once the range closed they took me out lesson learned place them a fair distance away problem solved.any chances of seeing a 88cannon in this mod?love the work keep it up.;D

2.62 continues to go well, everyday we're seeing another part of it reach a releaseable state and we really hope to have something out to you all in the next few weeks. Right now we're putting the last polishes on scripts and systems, fixing as many of the bugs that have crept in as possible, and finishing up the missions (and even starting work on new ones while theres time) so there's some new ready made content for everyone to play the moment the mod hits the servers. Keep an eye out here and on our public forum for new news, media and release information, thanks everyone for your support!

1944 Invasion v2.62 (CO) is a patch or ...?

You know, you guys have put so much work into this mod and made it somthing better than people ever thought it could be, that alone is a reason to play it. Good job and keep up the good work.

I44 WIP - Multi-engine management.

Using CSJ's original B-17 to demonstrate.

Start/stop/damaged system on all aircraft with engines more than 1

Includes starting 1 engine at a time and engines stopping and/or catching fire when damaged.

Engines overheat after time if too few running.

Landing gear up, down and lock sounds.

All bombs and rockets now work very nicely with proper proxies.

Visible mid-air damage/break-aways (ie lose a wing) will now be MP compatible

.... and a lot more.

3pfxn_myZ9c

Here's some footage from a recent 2.62 MP test session on our new map by McNools, "Neaville". Please note this is test footage so you may notice some debug markers and messages, as well as a bit more lag than in the final version due for release soon.
*Please note that the video was recorded on a British server, from a player in America.

Very nice gnat but what you mean with "real turrets"?

By the way I really enjoyed myself during the beta test... awesome mod ! Awesome mission! Awesome pinky sweety balls!

Very nice gnat but what you mean with "real turrets"? !

I assume Gnat means he has got working the turrets on B17 to be moveable?

Very nice gnat but what you mean with "real turrets"?

Thanks.

Yeh, turrets that are actually part of the B-17, not as they are in the current release as a bunch of separate models/gunners all ATTACHTO the main B17 unit.

The gunners will be lagit members of the crew. So many of the previous limitations around spawning as a gunner or moving around or MP lag or even just trying to get into a gun will be bypassed.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Gnat;2199313']Thanks.

Yeh' date=' turrets that are actually part of the B-17, not as they are in the current release as a bunch of separate models/gunners all ATTACHTO the main B17 unit.

The gunners will be lagit members of the crew. So many of the previous limitations around spawning as a gunner or moving around or MP lag or even just trying to get into a gun will be bypassed.[/quote']

Great!! Thanks!....A small suggestion, would be cool have the bomber position with a sight... is that possible?

Great!! Thanks!....A small suggestion, would be cool have the bomber position with a sight... is that possible?

That is a nice suggestion, would be quite cool for MP :)

Gnat;2199313']Thanks.

Yeh' date=' turrets that are actually part of the B-17, not as they are in the current release as a bunch of separate models/gunners all ATTACHTO the main B17 unit.

The gunners will be lagit members of the crew. So many of the previous limitations around spawning as a gunner or moving around or MP lag or even just trying to get into a gun will be bypassed.[/quote']

How did you manage that? :notworthy:

I believe they (BI) added the ability for fixed wing aircraft to have turrets whereas before only ground vehicles and choppers could have them.

Edited by PacUK

Amazing :)

@[APS]Gnat: is this just for MP, or could an SP player take a gunner role with an AI pilot?

Yep, working towards that.

How did you manage that? :notworthy:

Pretty much like any model/turret definition on any vehicle as it turns out.

I believe they (BI) added the ability for fixed wing aircraft to have turrets whereas before only ground vehicles and choppers could have them.

Yes, they seem to have flicked a couple switches on in recent patches and it's a lot better, but AI still have some problems.

is this just for MP, or could an SP player take a gunner role with an AI pilot?

Plans include a ingame dialogue that allows you to select any seat on the aircraft. Hence in SP you'll swap seats with an AI

Thank you, that's excellent news. Lurking patiently for the release

:couch:

PS: re bomb- aimer position, will the bomb aimer (if human, ofc) have the ability to instruct an AI pilot to go left / go right as per RL?

Edited by Orcinus

there will be a height stabilizer?

if yes

it will be possible at activated heights stabilizer to use the rudder

to make course corrections in the sight