SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

oh maybe install a new driver or so?,without AA it looks so bad :j:...i have the problem only with the german and american guys not with british soldiers

Turn off the default AA ingame and use FXAA (enabled by cfg, check the instructions on how to do it) or the other one available with the new Beta versions of A2. They will run better fps wise and reportedly fix that issue some ATI users were having.

Here's some more pieces from the news post over on our forums detailing the 2.62 upcoming release, for more information and images of the new bits and pieces check it out here!

tigerhud1.th.jpg tigerhud2.th.jpg

pantherhud1.th.jpg pantherhud2.th.jpg

hetzersight.th.jpg

Our new tank hud gives crews the ability to have a lot more information at their fingertips to make a more effective fighting force. The hud displays both the direction with relative compass bearings of the main hull, the top turret, and commander views, as well as displaying information on the currently active weapon and rounds. HomerJohnston has also been busy overhauling our ranging system to provide a much more realistic and usable system for players.

Very nice, i'am waiting this release.... Thanx guys!

Some more pieces from our news post over on our public forums:

garandb.th.jpg garand2.th.jpg

Yac has been updating some of our older weapons such as the M1 Garand and SMLE no4 to bring them up to a better standard, with time we hope to replace these and other weapons with completely original new models but these should provide a nice stop-gap until we can recruit a few new modellers or our current ones finish their current projects.

arma2oa2012071322474700.th.jpg britwinpr2.th.jpg

Another addition to our winter set of troops, now the British are fully kitted our for some Winter weather ready to fight in the cold wastes!

do you think you could make it an independant game like iron front?

and what about a campaign or sp missions with this new release?

BTW, about the SP mission, can you check about the green diamond when the mission is done?

if I remember well, in some missions in the previous version, it didn't appear even though we finished the mission.

thanks, Wiki

Discussed a few weeks ago - see pp 14-15.

If we somehow got funding in theory it would be possible, as we've yet to recieve even a donation for our efforts though I don't see us setting up shop to do so just yet :)

and what about a campaign or sp missions with this new release?

I generally focus on MP missions which people can play SP (thats how I test them for 90% of the time), campaigns and dedicated SP missions take a lot of time to develop. Campaigns especially require a lot of other content such as scripting, storyline, voices etc. If anything we would rather do a small Coop focused Campaign which would be playable SP (simialr to the standard A2 campaigns), rather than SP only.

BTW, about the SP mission, can you check about the green diamond when the mission is done?

If you can tell me which missions don't do this over on dev-heaven preferably, I can fix them as I go, but all should have them implemented and it takes a long time for me to re-check the missions which is time I could be working on new ones.

hi PacUk, it's a great mod, very immersive...rattling Stens in the darkness - a careful choice of time on the Omaha V2 map and you are 6th Airborne pathfinders or holding the line at Breville http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Br%C3%A9ville . The new map looks really promising too.

I was wondering if you were planning to add buildingpos to the buildings so that the AI will make more use of them? For me this would be one of the biggest improvements to the mod.

JJ

Edited by jiltedjock

I was wondering if you were planning to add buildingpos to the buildings so that the AI will make more use of them? For me this would be one of the biggest improvements to the mod.

+1

@pacUK & i44team: I hope your remarkable efforts on i44 don't mean that you never have time to actually play Arma! - if so, stop for an hour or two & play with asr_ai (v.1.14.1_test5) plus TPWC AI suppression + TPW_AI_LOS. The game is very different to vanilla. Asr_ai will have the AI searching buildings, sniping from rooftops, & firing from windows. The suppression & LOS mods really change CQB as well. BuildingPos positions would be a great asset.

Although I'm also especially keen to get hold of the Brit Winter units!

A HAC + DAC SP "campaign-in-a-mission" is on my drawing board, but will probably not materialise til 2.62 or even 2,.63 (? - 2.7? - I've lost track :) )

Its definitely something I'd like to do, I'm not 100% on setting buildings up for this though so any example you could point me to would be fantastic.

@pacUK & i44team: I hope your remarkable efforts on i44 don't mean that you never have time to actually play Arma! - if so, stop for an hour or two & play with asr_ai (v.1.14.1_test5) plus TPWC AI suppression + TPW_AI_LOS. The game is very different to vanilla. Asr_ai will have the AI searching buildings, sniping from rooftops, & firing from windows. The suppression & LOS mods really change CQB as well. BuildingPos positions would be a great asset.

Heh well it does tend to eat up a lot of our time, but in this case yeah I spotted the suppression the other day and have been bugging the team to try it out all week :D Really does add a lot to the mod, already left tpw a message about possibly incorporating it into the mod by default, possibly via a module (I'm not too sure how it will handle certain missions such as D-Day with so many units, and AI advancing up the beach) but in general I think it could add a ton to the gameplay.

Good luck with the campaign its always great to see community made missions for the mod, we're also always on the lookout for experienced mission makers so feel free to send samples our way if you're interested in joining the team!

Another little preview of what to expect to hear in 2.62, vo.2 who produced VopSound has generously supplied us with a tremendous bunch of new sounds that will be integrated over this and future versions still to come. The sounds heard in this video are all ingame and live, with no 'ambient' warfare sounds added, just pure gameplay:

Its definitely something I'd like to do, I'm not 100% on setting buildings up for this though so any example you could point me to would be fantastic.

Best I can do is refer you to this thread I'm afraid http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?124338-create-buildingPos as I don't have any practical experience of it myself.

I believe McNools's Aliabad map has got buildingpos buildings, and I guess his upcoming WW2 that you are including in the next release may have too so he might be a good source of info.

JJ

Edited by jiltedjock

Actually I have no idea how those works since that seems to be a part of the model rather than the map. :)

This might be of use to you as far as that goes unless I am misunderstanding what they want. Note that this is an OFP tutorial: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/lesson8/lesson8_l.htm

My apologies if this isn't what they're talking about.

Thanks guys, both those links do explain it a fair bit more. As a lot of our older buildings are setup with ArmA's building paths that so it makes sense as to what we have already setup, and why the AI doesn't like it :) I can't promise anything for 2.62 but I'll do what I can to get those implemented for sure by 2.63. Not too sure if the buildings will automagically be updated on the binarised maps so they might need to be repacked etc but otherwise a relatively simple, but time consuming job :)

Thanks guys, both those links do explain it a fair bit more. As a lot of our older buildings are setup with ArmA's building paths that so it makes sense as to what we have already setup, and why the AI doesn't like it :) I can't promise anything for 2.62 but I'll do what I can to get those implemented for sure by 2.63. Not too sure if the buildings will automagically be updated on the binarised maps so they might need to be repacked etc but otherwise a relatively simple, but time consuming job :)

2.62 isn't out yet and you're already thinking about the 2.63? great!

2.62 isn't out yet and you're already thinking about the 2.63? great!

Heh yeah 2.62 has grown beyond our initial plans quite dramatically, a lot of what was originally intended for 2.63 has slipped into it though but we are always looking to focus our future plans. The biggest of which is 2.7 with Gnat's work on overhauling our plane systems and bringing them all into a compatible and stable state with a lot more features that should really improve the air war. Until then we'll continue to work on improving the systems we have in place such as the new enhancements we've got coming for tanking which we think you'll all really enjoy, and hopefully make a few tank sim players very happy to see some more depth and enjoyment out of a player crewed tank in multiplayer. New scripts and enhancements to ArmA2 are constantly coming out so we hope we can take full advantage of that with 2.62 and future versions still to come.

Just wanted to drop by and thank you guys for all this hard work! Superb!

You're the best WWII free Mod in ArmaII. Thanks for all what In44 team has brought us in the past decade. I could still remember the first time I played your initial beta of OFP in 2002. There was Heer infantry, a rifle man. I forgot if including a MP40 soldier or not. From that time, I began to like this Mod till now... Not sure, if still any orginal member remains in this team now.