SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Hi Pac and I44 team,

this past morning (overnight) I had put together a version of I44 with my compilation mod - (COWarModI44),

not final but i had used your pic of I44 on my release thread if thats ok.

New COWarModI44 thread is here-->http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134989-COWarModI44-Compatible&p=2158479#post2158479

Ty for this awesome mod!

Great looking units, weapons, sounds and islands!

I haven't tried the missions yet, I went into the editor right away to create my first WW2 mission and haven't stopped! :)

This mod will give me many hours of fun so big thanks to all to everyone that created this!

Wow, thats the only thing i said at the moment i ve seen this mod!

Thx alot for the work and time you spent on it, hope to see more updates in the next months, are

you guys working on 2.7?

Wow, thats the only thing i said at the moment i ve seen this mod!

Thx alot for the work and time you spent on it, hope to see more updates in the next months, are

you guys working on 2.7?

Heh 144 Posts, good timing Barns... yes we are working on 2.7, we're also working on 2.62 and 2.63 as well. Hopefully we'll have 2.62 out pretty soon for you all with a number of fixes and a couple of extras, with more coming for 2.63. Check out forums for up to the minute WIP updates on what new stuff is still to come!

Hey guys, does anyone know if there are "Invisible Targets" available in I44?

Gday all,

I have searched around a bit for how to carry mortars around (man pack them) for I44. I found something referring to "I44_Bag_M2Mortar" however there is no luck in game.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I have had no luck searching so far!

Cheers

Looking forward to 2.62 and 2.63.

Keep up the good work!

We're really enjoying I44

Is there any way to completely disable the STHUD for all players in a mission (script)?

well I posted this over at Invasion 1944, but figured I'd add it here as this seems to get more attention ;P

As a lover of military hardware in general and armored combat specifically, the Invasion 1944 mod has intrigued and delighted me. Some of my favorite steel beasts have been brought to life in loving detail at your hands and for that I applaud you! Also, I can tell that a lot of thought has gone into revising the armored system in-game into something much better than the horrific HP pool/damage system from Vanilla Arma/Arma 2.

Having said all that, and i really do mean it, you all have done a great job, I will say this.

I find that the tank damage mechanics in Invasion 1944 are not at all how I understand and have read them to be from extensive reading and research of armored engagements in WW2. Having read multiple accounts of frontline tankers (all the Panzer Aces books, Tigers in the mud, Unforgettable Men in Unforgettable Times, and many other accounts of armored warfare the average tank in game (with some exceptions) is MUCH too durable.

Basically the take-away one gets from reading dozens and dozens of accounts of tank battles is that there are basically 2 things that happen when a tank gets hit by an enemy shell

1) the round doesn't penetrate/bounces

2) the round partially or completely penetrates

In situation 1) virtually no damage occurs with the exception being possible spalling, and if it was a very heavy impact in a critical area secondary damage

However, situation 2 is what we are interested in and what, I believe your mod does not represent very well. In the second scenario a heavy projectile weighing from 10-25 pounds and sometimes 88mm -105mm in diameter punches through armor at anywhere from 800 to over 1000 meters per second. When this occurs heavy damage almost ALWAYS ensues crippling if not destroying the vehicle.

The long and the short of it is that armored duels between tanks of roughly equal parity in firepower and protection (i.e. sherman vs Stug/PzIV or PzIV vs T34) rarely ever went to second and almost never third shots. Direct penetrating hits were virtually always crippling if not lethal. To give an example of how far the armor mechanics are from what was seen in the real world I have personally seen an m5 stuart take FIVE hits at under 50 meters from the eighty eight of a Tiger tank! Note that it took 3 to the lower hull before it was even immobilized and the other 2 through the turret to get the thing to stop shooting. That is simply appalling as there is no way whatsoever that a tank of that size could survive a hit from a gun that would penetrate it through and through destroying everything in its path. Even things like a Firefly needing multiple hits on the rear of a Stug III to disable it, even from point blank range lead to the execution being fundamentally flawed.

I am NOT suggesting that every shot should invariably cause a massive ball of flame and destroy the tank instantly. What I am suggesting is that the system be changed from what is currently a drawn out endurance slug-out into a system that more accurately represents the devastating power of WWII Tank weaponry. An excellent example of the closest thing I have EVER found of what I think to be the most accurate representation of WWII tank fighting is Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour Normandy, particularly with the steel beasts mutator :]

To sum up this lengthy post. Please don't try to turn this into a hate/rage post....I love this mod and I want to love it even more, and the way you guys could help me do that is outlined above ^ have fun and thanks for all your hard work

(if any of the mod members would be interested in knowing more about my sources or some of the stuff I have, I'd be glad to share

I suggest you to try liberation 1944, another new game based on improved BIS engine. The tank damaging simulation there is very nice and realistic.

I understand where you are coming from berbinator but what we have here is a team of around five people making a free mod the best they can. I'm sure if they had more time and resources things like this would be implemented already.

Its just a bit of an ask based on your desire to love the mod more, as it's no simple feat getting a mod to where this one is now.

Maybe Iron Front would suit your thirst more.

Yes, set ST_FTHud_ShownUI to 0.

Cheers,

D.

Thanks!

I understand where you are coming from berbinator but what we have here is a team of around five people making a free mod the best they can. I'm sure if they had more time and resources things like this would be implemented already.

Its just a bit of an ask based on your desire to love the mod more, as it's no simple feat getting a mod to where this one is now.

Maybe Iron Front would suit your thirst more.

Hey, I totally understand, and to be honest what you guys have pulled off with just 5 people is incredible! I had no idea your team was so small, i figured you had to have at least 15-20 people from what you have turned out :D.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store in future releases :yay:

A short clip of our new Panther and its cargo animations.

A short clip of our new Panther and its cargo animations.

+1

Despite increased competition now with IFL44 release, I hope that i44 keeps up in further development and improvements. I like both. :)

That's excellent. +1

IFL44 is Eastern Front, this is Western front. Both have their attractions, I see them as complementary rather than competing.

Thanks guys, another little sneak peek:

Sorry for the sh*y quality

looking fantastic guys, is the tank commander able to look through his binoculars when he stands up?

P.S. could you guys at some point add binoculars to the inventory of all tank commanders? I know the zoomed-in view partially negates the need for the commanders to actually carry binoculars, but it wasn't uncommon for T.C's to dismount and scout ahead on foot with a pair of binocs.

Double P.S. I'm only dreaming now, but it would look awesome for binocs to be physically added to the model of the T.C's - hanging round the neck...

A couple more work-in-progress tank videos to wet peoples' appetites. For best results, open it in youtube and turn on hi-def:

SiT9ChLBF1o

_kpy8RPkPjg