SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Hi guys I have not played the mod for a couple of weeks when i tried to launch it today i get this error addon cba main requires cba ui helper.Cba is up to date in six updater though

@papoose244 - the CBA load configuration has changed with the latest update. If you have CO you now need to load

-MOD=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

see the CBA thread for details, or what to load if you have A2 or OA standalone.

anyone have a guide to the German and US tank ammo? I understand what HE and AP does but the ones in German names i have no clue also some US one sI have no clue about like APC.

Also German player class side needs to be in english for us majority non german speakers. This would help a lot in editor.

If I understand correctly: APC stands for armour-piercing capped. It has less range(?) and has more penetration.

The Panzergranate 39 is the standard German armour-piercing shell. I don't remember what the others are called, but it should be pretty easy to pick out what they are now that you know what their AP shell is.

^ thnaks for that anyone else for the other ones? while we wait for that.. I was looking at some of the weapons in close combat: invasion normandy as I also love playing and notices the sturmpionere have a weapon called a HAFT-HOLLADUNG It was a magnetic anti armor mine i guess?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/47961065/German-WWII-Magnetic-Hollow-Charge-3kg

http://en.valka.cz/files/haft-hohlladung_968.jpg

Edited by Vobbnobb

^ thnaks for that anyone else for the other ones? while we wait for that.. I was looking at some of the weapons in close combat: invasion normandy as I also love playing and notices the sturmpionere have a weapon called a HAFT-HOLLADUNG It was a magnetic anti armor mine i guess?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/47961065/German-WWII-Magnetic-Hollow-Charge-3kg

http://en.valka.cz/files/haft-hohlladung_968.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.5_cm_KwK_40

wikipedia does wonders

Im sure this has been asked before but im having trouble after i downloaded it and clicked install the black run box came up and said it found arma 2 but not the CBA so i re download cba and put in in operation arrowhead cause i have it for steam(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead) i copy and pasted CBA into there, yet it still cant find it.

^ make sure you put @ in front of CBA so it looks like @CBA

here is what mine looks like

15dl3x0.jpg

Edited by Vobbnobb

Wasn't there some changes made to CBA, so that you need 3 versions of it now?

Correct. @CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2 is the correct folder structure.

Correct. @CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2 is the correct folder structure.

I don't understand this, if i read the CBA readme :

For Combined Operations (ArmA II and Arrowhead launched together):

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For ArmA II only (people without Arrowhead):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

There's a new version of CBA that is now more modular. Basically the version distributed by Six Updater is the new versions. If a server you are trying to join uses this (new) version then you will have to as well.

They haven't updated the first page in the CBA thread or the files section in Dev Heaven as this new version is essentially a beta. If you want to continue to use the old version (from the front page of the CBA thread) then you can - if you want to join a server with the new version (from Six Updater) then you will need the new version too.

See the latter few pages of the CBA thread for more info.

um... how many people are playing this mod online (pub servers)?

um... how many people are playing this mod online (pub servers)?

You can keep track of it realtime when using the new Six Launcher, with I44 support: (update/join/queue for full servers etc included)

5v9e2o.png

Edited by Sickboy

I got that Mission pretty Polished off now but I have hit a snag and I may not be able to release it. No one knows how to do the thing for the Script you told me I should ask for GNAT and at that, I believe honestly nor does anybody care.

TO QUOTE FOXHOUND

Since this is specific for the I44 mod I suggest you post in the I44 thread!

So that was the end result for that Script Request you said I should try to post elsewhere.

If you guys release it as part of the update then OK if not OH well. Seems that if I want to do anything at all which isn't included in the mod I can forget it. I wish there were other ways to do things then spend countless hours trying to write bits of nothing to make since all to perform a simple action or two just for few minutes of fun in a mission. It has become a recurring theme.

So we are left with Snippets to force to work in our favor, and the Programmers and ones who know scripting are the only ones that can truly do what needs to be done to make a wholesome Quality Mission.

So all of us mission makers that want something done have to come to others that know how and be treated like a pest. Pretty much got to college and learn C++ or shut up. he..he...

Us mission makers who really want a great mission really have to have a lot of time and patience,and live be the mentality play hard or go home.

I'm going to be starting making models soon oh what another ball game that will be to get them into Arma2. Anyway hows the update coming along.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

I have a problem here.

ARMA%20i44.GIF

I'm running Windows 7 64. Have all Arma 2 and OA contents (I launch the game with OA, with all ARMA 2 contents confirmed fully loaded, since I don't know how you define "Combined Operation"). I tried to delete the relevant PBO (Piat or something) and this still happens. Help please.

@EagleZ

Your post was filled with "I44" references, so no wonder it end up being closed.

What I suggested was GENERIC request for a solution

Try going to the Scripting sub forum and Search/Asking help for a script that will;

-Search X radius for all (empty?) static weapons;

-Kick AI out of the seat

-Take player and move them into gunner seat.

Asking / applying to ANY static weapon in the VANILLA ArmA2

The answer (a example script) could then be tweaked with

---class B17_StaticWeapon

---or classes "B17_tailGUN", "B17_ballGUN", "B17_topGUN", "B17_waistGUN", "B17_backGUN", "B17_cheekGUN", "B17_noseGUN"

To get the ultimate solution your looking for.

I wish there were other ways to do things then spend countless hours trying to write bits of nothing to make since all to perform a simple action or two just for few minutes of fun in a mission.

God helps those who help themselves (learn).

By the way, true "mission making" DOES include the skill/need to make scripts.

The script will have something like this;

_gun = nearestobject [player, "B17_StaticWeapon"];

if((player distance _gun) < 5) then
{
**kick/eject gunner out ? **
player moveingunner _gun;
};

Hey Gnat I see what you were talking about.

Ive been busy working with my other projects just Uploaded my Americas Army 2 Missions to Armaholic Yesterday. And I'm finishing up my Restrepo. Im trying to get everything Ive done for the community out while Ive still got the time on my hands. Im going to be starting Blender soon and was wondering how hard it is to bring blender models into Arma2 OA. Since your the man with the plan on Aircraft models I figured I would ask.

I may like to contribute a few models to I44 mod.Like a B-24 from the European Campaign.

Do you guys by any chance know how possible it would be for me to do custom nose arts for the B-17? My mission is revolving around the 97th BG and I would like to get some Vargas on those babies.

Heres the Ingun.sqs that I was talking about a while back. I got it from the Original Forum for the Few Mod.

;;;put this in plane init =

;;;[this,player,gunPos]exec"InGun.sqs";

;;; GUNS="VARcheekRGun","VARcheekLGun","VARtopGun","VA RbackGun","VARballGun","VARwaistLGun","VARwaistRGu n","VARtailGun"

_plane = _this select 0;

_gunner = _this select 1;

_plane_Gun = _plane getVariable "VARtopGun";

;;;(gunner _plane_Gun) action ["eject", vehicle (_plane_Gun)] ;

(gunner _plane_Gun) action ["eject", _plane];

deleteVehicle (gunner _plane_Gun);

~.2

_gunner moveInGunner _plane_Gun;

?(_gunner == player)and(player != leader group player) : [_gunner] join grpnull;

@(count crew (_plane_Gun))<=0;

_ActionEject =_gunner addAction ["Parachute", "\CSJ_chute\scripts\ejectEast.sqs"];

~10

_gunner removeAction _ActionEject

Exit

I think the answer is in there if I really was wanting to pursue it,but as Ive stated before I just waiting for the update at this time. Ive polished that mission off now all is left really is making some functionality tests. Because its a long flight.

It takes a lot of time to test.

I got over the hump i was stuck on though. I know some scripting but as of right now I'm not proficient enough to write script and make the snippets link to one another.

As for the move in gunner of an occupied position though it would be handy however at this time I don't really need it. It would just be an extra if you wanted to be a gunner on a Manned AI B-17.

I'll look into though since you've given me that bit of code. Thanks.

Hi there, I have this mod installed and started up, but I am unable to find the SP missions. I have checked in all in game menus and the only thing I see are some I44 maps in the Armory. Also I have confirmed there is the "Missions" folder in my @I44 folder. Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi there, I have this mod installed and started up, but I am unable to find the SP missions. I have checked in all in game menus and the only thing I see are some I44 maps in the Armory. Also I have confirmed there is the "Missions" folder in my @I44 folder. Any help would be great, thanks.

Put them in the main "missions" folder of the game.