SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

I had reported earlier about my issue with the C&H Battlefield mission where I get on the mission on my server, pic my role, the mission starts,

but Im stuck on a black screen with the word battlefield in the center, after a few min (takes forever) Im finally ingame, but theres no menu or anything unlike when i host the mission.

The Ai is there as well as all the equip and vehicles, but they don't move, if i respawn then they all dissapeer, and i come back same spot and basically in an empty field.

Nothing wrong with the server as Jedra joined my server played the same mission and said its fine, so Im at a loss as what it could be,

and only the C&H Battlefield missions do it on my server, all the other MP missions work perfectly.

Also the briefings dont show for the 5 C&H Missions, nor for my custom ones I built and have on the server,

yet when Jedra joined my server I had him try one of my small coop, custom ones and the briefigns work np.

When i host on my end all missions work np.

Any ideas of what that could be, its got jedra stumped too, and we tried all sorts of stuff.

-i have the latest CBA both client and server (8.3,178)

-latest patch 1.60, tried with and without beta, makes no difference

-deleted mpmission cache, dont do nothing

-took out my arma2 profiles, didn't do anything

-reinstalled Arma 2, and Oa, repatched, even deleted registry keys, still same issue, re uploaded a fresh mission, still same problem.

-Im just running @CBA;@I44

-game runs fine, no crashes, no freezes

Im at a loss of what it could be, any ideas?

Hmm...anything in the .rpt file?

@Günter

As long as I get what I want to say in a paragraph,I don't see much sense in complaint about it. If you don't want to read what I post and it feels like work to you then by all means Don't read it hehe. In the 2 years or so Ive posted, never once has anyone complained. My original 5 sentences were addressed to Gnat I'm sure if he had an issue he would let me know.

I'm not breaking any forum rules I am courteous to the Administrators here and show respect toward the rules if I mess up I admit it and fix it promptly. I deleted something I wanted to ask just because you nit picked . Please understand not everyone types the same. We share the same thing Love for the game ,Love for the Community,and respect towards forum rules. I will take into consideration your comment however and give it some space. I apologize to anyone else who has had trouble reading my post.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

No problem Eagle just pointing out something that applies to a forum, as well as if you write a letter.

Im not really trying to complain, but if you have good ideas and points that could be invaluable to a new guy or anyone alike,

that could possibly apply, or benefit in some way then keep that in mind.

Its just a matter of correct spelling and basically spacing.

I try for myself at least to follow Proper etiquette because its just me, but when i post on my thread for mods, and try to help some folks,

be it scripts, or just helping, then I just feel that if I didn't use proper etiquette if you will that I wouldn't be helping.

They have enough on their mind as it is then to have to reread a huge paragraph to try to understand what im trying to point out to them.

Please understand not everyone types the same. We share the same thing Love for the game ,Love for the Community,and respect towards forum rules.

I understand, and as i also share what you have in mind. :)

@Günter

No worries man no insult taken. I understand your just trying to be proper and looking out for the best interest of the readers and mod developers. Your the first Ive heard so as such I will try to keep it clean enough to read without a strain.

Glad to see your understanding about it as well. I tend to write more then Comment just a bad a habit I guess. Thanks for the Constructive Criticism. I just stopped back in to see if there has been an answer about the Chutes.

@GNAT

Again though, Gnat an neat aircraft effect for damage would be the Inability to bail after too much damage to a particular area of the fuselage.

In Janes WWII fighters sometimes the fuselage would have damage done that prevented bailing. You would have to make repeated attempts to get the Canopy open from the damage.

It was random if you were to succeed or not though. Sometimes after several tries it would open ,then others you crash landed or died.

If your engine caught fire after crash landing usually your pilot would scream within seconds and you would die. I know this isn't Janes but I just wanted to throw that out there,as it would be interesting to see.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Hey PacUK,

I had posted on Devheaven reporting a couple of bugs I found in mp, Im just wondering if anyone else is experiencing them.

2 bugs reported see here:

1. Airborne soldier, stepover animation occurs when pressing forward around ammo box for airborne.

Just noticed this with British Commandos seen the same thing happen, just last night.

2. Other players in mp cannot hear your gun when firing, same goes for them, you cannot hear their gun either.

This random but more consistent in the other not hearing you and you not hear them, its like when they shoot you can hear their shot impacts,

and see them but not actually hear the gun itself.

Ok I now have a much greater understanding of this mod. Im a new comer to this mod. Never knew it existed till a few weeks ago I had 31st Normandy mod but yeah... I also downloaded the Few Mod by itself a long time ago and knew then that switching seats in the B-17 you could forget about. But I just want to say that I have done some serious reading up and research since I downloaded this 2.6 version.

I want to thank you guys at the I44 Team for all the lost hours of sleep,Dedication and effort Blood sweat and tears you've put into this... all for the love of the Game and Community and you continue to work on it releasing patches and New versions. That is LOVE and DEDICATION. I have had a blast with these Vehicles Aircraft and Troops and I'm sure other WWII enthusiast can relate to that.

You guys deserve a pat on the back and Ice Cold beer for sure. The work that has gone into the MAPs ,Models and Configs is just Bar none. The threads show it. Sure there's little nitches here and there but to bring it from where it started to where it is now is on its own an Incredible feat. The shoulder patches alone a worth a thousand words just Spot on right down to the Wear and tear on the Uniforms. If you guys all quit today and said NO MORE! There would be an uprising and an OCCUPY BI FORUMS movement no doubt.

And that's all I got to say, about that.

EDIT:

I just wanted to add I think you guys probably have covered all the bases however, I live just a stones throw from the 45th Infantry Museum. If you guys need any pics for textures or Info let me know I havent been there in a long time but they keep their vehicles just hanging about and have for years. My dad was with the 45th for a while before he passed And I'm currently doing research on my Grandfather who was a medic On Omaha. For those of you that don't know.

US Congress apparently gave the Bronze star to all the medics on Omaha on D-Day June 6th 1944. The sad thing is they didn't tell them they received it. I found this out a bit ago watching a video of a medic that was there. He was age 93 and got his Bronze Star just a few years ago. Its just sad how our vets are treated. Not to mention 70% of the Service Records of those who served in the Army during WWII were Destroyed in a fire during the 70s.

So unless the veteran kept his original discharge papers they are not allowed to receive their Veterans benefits. They tried to tell my grand dad he wasnt there! So he got mad enough to dig up his original DD214 and showed proof. Then they actually had the Gaul to tell him to send them his originals lol That didn't happen hehe.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Hey Guys, I know this was already spoken but the solution didnt help me. I also got the mistake that my game keeps crashing and it says "bad version 50 in p3d file" underneath it says "i44_anims\objects\misc_objects\i44_cigarette.p3d" someone said this is because I dont launch CO but only OA. So I wanted to ask, if someone could explain me very clearly how to combine the two games, because I dont run steam and both are in the same folder, so I thought it must have combined from alone? and if not, how should I do it? I already read a tutorial on this official forum but actually it didnt help at all. Bad explanation...

Sheppard93

If you have OA installed into the Arma2 directory, then all you need to do is make sure you launch the game with Arma2oa.exe.

also make sure you have the latest CBA.

So your shortcut to launch would be -mod=@CBA,@CbA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44 thats if you have th latest cba,

if you dont have the latest CBA then launch the same thing with just @CBA and not the other folders for cba.

uhm, if he has A2 and OA adding up to Combined Ops wouldnt the @CBA be the only one he needs?

i thought the other 2 are for either one or the other..

for my part i only run @cba and i never have any issues with combined ops

oh hey, thanks for that. completely missed that one. but since i never had any issues i never had to look it up :)

will update my launcher now. :ok:

Thank you for your answers guys, but it seems that the error is caused by the fact that my installation missed to install the lite version of BAF. This seems to contain some files that I need for the mod. I reinstalled the game now step by step, but theres still nothing of BAF in my Arma...any idea how I can fix this?

If you have OA installed then you should have the lite version of BAF.

I44 needs: (Combined Operations (CO) = ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead (OA) combined install)

-Install Arma2

-patch it to 1.05

-Install OA into Arma2 directory

-patch it to 1.60

-Install I44

-patch the mod to 2.6

-launch the game with-->-mod=@CBA,@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44 if using the latest CBA.

I dont know what to say... I did it now exactly the way you described it for the third time and there's still no BAF Lite. I Put everything in the picture below...as you see there's nothing wrong, but it's still missing

http://content.screencast.com/users/Sheppard93/folders/Default/media/1207b1bb-f9d5-4b2e-aa30-530b87c68967/Komplett.png (3856 kB)

(can you open the picture?)

If I recall, BAF Lite doesn't come with the Campaign. Are you sure your ArmA2 OA is up to date and patched to 1.6? BAF Lite should be there if you are up to date o.O

Well thats exactly the problem. You can see my game version in the screenshot. After installing Operation arrowhead it automatically updated to 1.6. Before that I updated my Arma 2 installtion on 1.05.......what is it with this thing? why is it not there?

Yeah, BAF Lite doesn't come with a campaign. Look under Expansions, I think BAF Lite should be listed there.

I looked there too. Theres Only Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. And the fact that I cant use BAF units in editor as its usual for BAF Lite, its the proof that I havent got it.....how can I get it now? :confused:

I Put everything in the picture below...as you see there's nothing wrong, but it's still missing

http://content.screencast.com/users/...7/Komplett.png (3856 kB)

(can you open the picture?)

Ya I can see the pic, you got everything but the latest version, get the latest patch-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15831

Can you post your target line from your shortcut?

Yeah, it's showing version 1.51 and not 1.6. Get the patch from Günter Severloh's link and you should be able to start it.

Edited by SigintArmA
Typed the wrong thing lol

thats ridiculous, such a stupid mistake...after the installation of OA it said its deploying the latest patch 1.6 but actually my version was 1.51 didnt really notice that :D thanks very much guys...I deployed it manually and everything works fine now....case closed :D