SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Got some flame for you guys after checking the aircraft out fully, I'm sorry in advance...

To start out with the Hawker Typhoon:

It's not a Mk.Ia! It lacks a clear-view canopy, but has a quad Hispano, meaning it's rather an early production Mk.Ib.

The RP-3 have a display name of 90lb rockets, however they're 60lb rockets (90lb = US HVAR rocket). They would be better off fired as a two-rocket salvo too IMHO.

The "GP 500" would be better off using their actual to-day designation "500lb" in my opinion.

The biggest thing. HISPANO! I feel like I've the arsenal of 4 .303 machine guns and not the 20mm Hispano Mk.II. It's just too weak, I couldn't bring down a Ju-52 with three bursts.

Continuing with the Republic P-47D Thunderbolts:

D-20 is a Razorback, fine. But D-25 Razorback? No way! D-25 is the first block to have a Bubbletop canopy! Ten HVAR rockets? Sorry, the only aircraft to carry that many was a P-38 Lightning. Eight for the Jugs. Thanks to the fact the machineguns are actually taken from the P-51D (?) they work good.

The flame goes on with the Schwalbe...

4x 30mm guns. Another plane that feels like having 4 small-caliber machine guns. I tried the 20mm on the Gustav-6, and it was way more effective than four of these babies. Real Mk108 guns would bring a plane to the endgame within one or two hits, but I could spray a B17 as much as I liked with I44's Mk108s, the gunners just laughed at me and PK'd me.

The R4M should be rather fired in bursts, creating a shotgun-like effect on 1000 meters.

Stuka, shall we...?

Do you have an actual material directly indicating that the Stuka really carried the armaments displayed in the mod? 10x SC50 feels more than the actual pylons, and 4x SC250 also feel kind of fishy.

Just a note at the end: I like the power of the M2 Hispano on the P-38, could we get that quadrupled on the Typhoon please?

Just accidentally realized the RP-3 are guided. You should see the look on my face after that...

Perhaps if you termed it CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM it would be better.

Nah. @i44 and @cba must be used as modfolders (ie appear as seperate folders in the main Arma2 folders). Look here. Then copy and paste the ArmA2 CO icon (not the OA one), edit its properties, find the target line and add those words at the end of the target line : -mod=@cba;@i44

Thanks mate :)

I'll give it a go and re-post to see if it works

Really appreciate your help!

Firtsly congrats on an AWESOME mod... great work !

I have been trawling for every mission I can find for I44 multiplayer co-op , and have noticed that quite a few missions I found (mainly ones not on the new I44 maps ) show the GUI but none of the options are available for healing . etc .

Would this be because the missions are maybe older and either dont support the 2.6 gui, or that the designer didnt include the GUI as part of the misson?

Just wondering what the reason is before I dump the missions that dont have it working or if its an easy fix to get them working....not that many missons around at the moment for small I44 co ops 1-6 players, so need all we can get !

thanks in advance!

vsukpadman

Got some flame for you guys after checking the aircraft out fully, I'm sorry in advance...

It's not a Mk.Ia! It lacks a clear-view canopy, but has a quad Hispano, meaning it's rather an early production Mk.Ib.

The RP-3 have a display name of 90lb rockets, however they're 60lb rockets (90lb = US HVAR rocket). They would be better off fired as a two-rocket salvo too IMHO.

The "GP 500" would be better off using their actual to-day designation "500lb" in my opinion.

The biggest thing. HISPANO! I feel like I've the arsenal of 4 .303 machine guns and not the 20mm Hispano Mk.II. It's just too weak, I couldn't bring down a Ju-52 with three bursts.

Continuing with the Republic P-47D Thunderbolts:

D-20 is a Razorback, fine. But D-25 Razorback? No way! D-25 is the first block to have a Bubbletop canopy! Ten HVAR rockets? Sorry, the only aircraft to carry that many was a P-38 Lightning. Eight for the Jugs. Thanks to the fact the machineguns are actually taken from the P-51D (?) they work good.

4x 30mm guns. Another plane that feels like having 4 small-caliber machine guns. I tried the 20mm on the Gustav-6, and it was way more effective than four of these babies. Real Mk108 guns would bring a plane to the endgame within one or two hits, but I could spray a B17 as much as I liked with I44's Mk108s, the gunners just laughed at me and PK'd me.

The R4M should be rather fired in bursts, creating a shotgun-like effect on 1000 meters.

Stuka, shall we...?

Do you have an actual material directly indicating that the Stuka really carried the armaments displayed in the mod? 10x SC50 feels more than the actual pylons, and 4x SC250 also feel kind of fishy.

Just a note at the end: I like the power of the M2 Hispano on the P-38, could we get that quadrupled on the Typhoon please?

Just accidentally realized the RP-3 are guided. You should see the look on my face after that...

All or almost all of the planes were derived from 'The FEW' mod that looks to be postponed or suspended somehow, so you don't need to be hard on this. And after all this is I44 MOD 2.60(1) Patch version - so still WIP but playable. It is not FINAL.

I will try and take your post as an constructive bitchin'. :)

Apologies, perhaps we're all a bit spoiled by "good" internet these days. These are the MD5s from my downloads, which I'd believe to be valid:

2.60 -- 40fe45f9977ac913e6e47a1b2fe5be10

2.61 -- 7b97e10dddab8360095a37249ae871e1

thanks Homer Johnston :)

Nah. @i44 and @cba must be used as modfolders (ie appear as seperate folders in the main Arma2 folders). Look here. Then copy and paste the ArmA2 CO icon (not the OA one), edit its properties, find the target line and add those words at the end of the target line : -mod=@cba;@i44

Okay, this may make me sound a noob. But I can't seem to find an Arma2 CO icon, only an OA one and an Arma2 OA server.

Also, do you know how to find the target line?

It doesn't matter if you can't, I'm not used to installing mods in modfolders and as a consequence I'm kind of a novice :p

Hi EmmPee, I hope this doesn't confuse you further, but I highly recommend using a mod launcher to manage your addons and mods.

This one in particuar: http://arma2.paro-technology.com/

It's very easy to use, even I can understand it. You just double click on the launcher icon once you have installed it and simply tick the boxes of the mods you want to launch, eliminating the need to manually alter your shortcut parameters.

SGT.cz90-CZ, did you keep your receipt? Maybe you can ask for your money back.:rolleyes:

Hi EmmPee, I hope this doesn't confuse you further, but I highly recommend using a mod launcher to manage your addons and mods.

This one in particuar: http://arma2.paro-technology.com/

It's very easy to use, even I can understand it. You just double click on the launcher icon once you have installed it and simply tick the boxes of the mods you want to launch, eliminating the need to manually alter your shortcut parameters.

SGT.cz90-CZ, did you keep your receipt? Maybe you can ask for your money back.:rolleyes:

Great stuff! thankyou archsceptic, I'm downloading it as we speak :)

I love the mod since Flashpoint times, but I wanted to see how cool would it be to save some of the guys from my unit in ArmA with the aircraft, they just don't believe the fact I can fly those things in Il-2 :-)

Since the aircraft are really TheFEW, it might be nice if I44 guys took over. I'd personally try and be helpfull with the realism of them. No idea how much time do they have left to dedicate to the mod though, so let's hope the actual creator of those warbirds sees my "constructive bitching".

That elephants do not do a sparrow, ArmA II will not do an air simulator. :) I repeat once again - you want to fly in the simulator? play IL2 or other games.

SGT.cz90-CZ,

no need for the word " Flame " in your post.. these guys are awesome and have done amazing work on this mod.

Yac. No need to state the obvious. Everyone knows this isn't IL2. However, cz90-CZ does have a few valid points. And everything he mentioned aside from the "dual firing rockets" IMO can be accomplished, and are well within the game's engine limitations.

my 0.02 worth:

-not a huge issue, i'm sure there are bigger fish to fry then worry about this minor detail.

- 90lb instead of 60lb, in my eyes not a big problem. two rocket salvos, maybe a game limitation.

-trivial

-IMO all cannons in this game need to have their damaged quadrupled

I feel your pain brother, they are aware of this.. trust me!

Stuka, shall we...?

actually check out the specs on the JU-87 "d" variant they were capable of having up to 1800kg of bombs that would be carrying 4 450kg (1012lb) bombs. 2 per wing, 2 under fuselage. so i'm sure 1000 kg bomb loads were normal. (

i'm sure if you wait until 2.7 you'll be surprised at the overhaul of the planes and their cannons.

I don't know how many times I can really say this. There was never any intention of balancing the three various types of planes we have (ours, the fews, yac's) that have been added over time for 2.6. We have a huge plane overhaul coming for 2.7. While I can appreciate a lot of the comments/complaints, don't expect them to be addressed for a while yet, and while thats a lovely wealth of information, its likely to get lost in these forums. Your best bet would be to make these notes over on Dev-Heaven so we can track them when we do come to work on the planes again.

I have been trawling for every mission I can find for I44 multiplayer co-op , and have noticed that quite a few missions I found (mainly ones not on the new I44 maps ) show the GUI but none of the options are available for healing . etc .

Would this be because the missions are maybe older and either dont support the 2.6 gui, or that the designer didnt include the GUI as part of the misson?

Not entirely sure what you're referring to here, when certain modules aren't placed some sections of the GUI are automatically disabled (e.g. no Wounding module means that part of the GUI will be greyed out etc). The actual main GUI itself should always be available though as some features work without the need for modules to be placed in the mission. With 44 missions included in the mod its a little hard to know which missions you're talking about (and whether its SP or MP).

Since the aircraft are really TheFEW, it might be nice if I44 guys took over. I'd personally try and be helpfull with the realism of them. No idea how much time do they have left to dedicate to the mod though, so let's hope the actual creator of those warbirds sees my "constructive bitching".

As we've said a few times Gnat has been working on overhauling the plane systems based on the work done by the guys from the Few, once those features are established (I believe he's using his FW190 as the test bed) we'll then be looking at applying them across the others. The tentative release for this will be 2.7, but we may roll out certain planes as they get done to help test the new features in MP etc.

Mission: I44_COOP_nuts_1-16_v1-2

Version: 1.2

Developer(s): Invasion 1944 Modification.

Changes made by Nomadd

This mission is/was made by the I44 team. It is their original work and all credit goes to them.

-foggybreath stays after respawn

-added multiple paramaters to lobby

-can change number of enemy waves

-can change the amount of enemy armor

-number of infantry per group

-can set how fast the enemy waves come

-can enable or disable respawn. Revive is always on

-can enable/disable 3rd view

-using JW Custom snow script, increased the amount of snow falling

-increased the amount of fog

-changed the artillary barrage

-you have to man the trenches, if the trenches are overrun, you will lose the mission

-small changes to some triggers

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21419....plr_bulge.rar

enjoy, any problems post them here,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132369-I44-coop-nuts-1-16-edited-version&p=2118499#post2118499

Nomadd

Hello i44 enjoyin the mod very much spend many hours in the editor and even online :) for the first time. But i still got that error whit the landing mission after the patch the optics for the mg42 also doesnt seems to work grt dave

Just took out a Tiger and the crew bailed out in flames and ran around screaming and burnt to death!

Brilliant!

Do servers require patch ?

Yes 2.61 is recommended for Servers and Clients alike.

I noticed a bug with combat mode bayonet/hand grenade. When you disable combat mode you can't throw hand grenade.

(I am sorry if someone mentioned that before. Too many posts to read and search function didn't help me)

Ahh, so thats the problem.

I had the same issue last evening, well atleast I know whats causeing it :)

Same problem with binocular too, SOM module doesn't work.

(For I44_merderet_winter, do you think it's possible to make a destructible brige, enlarge the main road, and finish the road where there is the tunel ?)

Thanks again for the great mod :)

Edited by panda123

This is THE. mod to have, has totally changed to nature of ARMA for me. Thanks for your massive and on going efforts.

I have a couple of things for consideration or inspiration, Gliders ? I use the Horsa tha came with the Normandy Mod (I think) could do with an updated version, I even tried myself but I have no experience with modelling so got nowhere. That said, I have figured out how to get the gliders to land in a rough/random area with some success and am having a great time mostly just editing missions.

Second thought....amphibious ops ? Well a DUKW maybe or fingers crossed an LVT ? (though I think the Pacific mod boys are onto that).

Just thoughts and not expectations or requests, mostly just want to say thank you for hours an hours of I44 fun so far.

Thank you

Nick