SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

@PacUK, where do I send the women?

To the

! SFG will send you the GPS co-ordinates...
Are there any plans for a "Balkenkreuz" patch for us germans?

Its something we've discussed several times, we've also had a partial submission for a censor patch. But the more we produce, the more there would be to patch, and it effectively doubles our workload, having to produce, test, release and maintain two copies of the mod. I've yet to hear one concise explanation of the law and how it actually applies to a non-profit modification for a game. While we'd love to be able to support something like this, we just don't have the man-power to do it effectively, and we've no wish to remove historically accurate details in the general version. So for now its unlikely you'll be seeing a censored version. From what I've read there should be no issue with Germany based users playing the mod, you just can't distribute it, but again we've heard SO many conflicting opinions on the law over the years its really just not a clear subject, or enough of a reason to warrant another mod's worth of content (which would delay us progressing with the actual mod itself).

Is it a way to use I44 voices without using ger_orders script now?

The ger_orders script and DAC voices were always a seperate voice system intended to add battlefield ambience as well as helping to hide the russian radio set. As the mod now contains a full german radio set, they are only there to provide further background noise and voice variations but are still activated the same way. Feel free to unpack the 'official' missions to get the latest version of the scripts as all DAC sound sets have been updated for the three main languages American, British, and German.

Found a bug with the Hand Signals..

Please post all bug details to our Dev-Heaven website, also note I only see one image and the rest of the album is password locked.

According to my understanding of that law you cannot distribute/own these symbols without risking 3 years in prison. That includes copies on your HDD.

According to my understanding of that law you cannot distribute/own these symbols without risking 3 years in prison. That includes copies on your HDD.

Incorrect. Swastikas for historical accuracy, especially in non-profit environments like a mod ARE NOT A PROBLEM. Im german by the way, please stop spreading these rumors.

EDIT: To make it more clear for all the guys who are spreading this stupid rumors: Lets take an example from model airplanes. In germany you are not allowed to buy swastika stickers for your model airplane.

BUT: YOU ARE ALLOWD TO BUY TWO HALFES OF A SWASTIKA STICKERS (yes model shops have them) and put them together on your model plane as a sticker.

Edited by Krant

As we've had this discussion several times in previous threads we'll cut it short here before anyone really is offended. As said, at the moment we've no intention of patching away historically accurate content, so for now lets leave that discussion there, the mod comes as-is for the forseeable future.

I found out how to play the sp mission landing. All you have to do it unpack it than go into the editor and remove two of the modules and thats it you can play it.

@Mr. Charles & Krant. As Pac said already; They are not for propaganda reasons. They are there for historical accuracy. So stop arguing over laws and the like. If you think they're propaganda, and that you'll get prison time for it. Don't download the damn mod. Simple huh?

I just started internet browser after two weeks in damn work and see this new about 2.6 version an armaholic.

Yeehaa! Download and install.

And i forgot even about the maincraft , when play in this mod:D

Great thanks for work.

Spetial thanks for

-Winter map and units. In arma addons is not enough good winter addons.

-Very good flamethrower. Is not very useful in big combat, but very funny in little town. First 2 hour i had fun with only this weapon.

-Nebelwelfer and moveable nazi AT-guns.

-German speak on German :).

But some disadvantages was too (exuse me, if this already was in topic)

-Sounds of weapon , IMHO, in last version of mod was better.

-Traks on winter Tiger-II do not move

-Strange sight on sniper K98

But its not critical.Waiting the hotfix.

Nevermind

Edited by Strengthofsin

I found out how to play the sp mission landing. All you have to do it unpack it than go into the editor and remove two of the modules and thats it you can play it.

How do I open up Landing in editor?

Are you trying to get the I44 team in trouble or what......

No, I'm not. When the I44 team decides not to replace their SS-runes, Swastikas or other Nazi-symbols they won't be affected at all if they do not live in germany.

@Mr. Charles & Krant. As Pac said already; They are not for propaganda reasons. They are there for historical accuracy. So stop arguing over laws and the like. If you think they're propaganda, and that you'll get prison time for it. Don't download the damn mod. Simple huh?

It doesn't matter for which reasons they are there. I think it is just sad that we germans cannot put this mod on our servers (download servers and gameservers) without risking a fine or jailtime until we can get a precedent from the federal court of justice. I just think that it is sad that these symbols make a WW2 mod a go or no go mod for foreigners.

One thing the team has to realize is that they exclude 25% of the total ArmA2 and OA servers from playing their mod. Surely there are some people who put this mod up on their servers here in germany, but they either think that games = art (which is yet to be proven), or hope they won't get caught.

ontopic:

Are there plans for more german missions and german flamethrowers (Flammenwerfer 41 and Abwehr-Flammenwerfer 42)?

Hi,

Thanks for this cool mod. I am looking for empty backpacks into I44. Also are there empty backpack into the mod otherwise how could a backpack cleared through scripting command?

@Mr. Charles

and now it starts again, and i have a bad feeling about this...

if you think you are a bad guy because playing this mod, or believe the nonsense that police will arrest you...then stop playing this mod.

but stop saying, that we germans need a censor patch! most germans want uncut games and import them anyway.

i'm 39 years old and play uncut games since many many years, and it's not illegal!

please stop telling half-truths and spooky tales about police arrests!

do you really think without the symbols there would be 25% more servers? you are a dreamer!

this is a never ending story, hope it finds a ending...forever

@Mr. Charles

and now it starts again, and i have a bad feeling about this...

if you think you are a bad guy because playing this mod, or believe the nonsense that police will arrest you...then stop playing this mod.

but stop saying, that we germans need a censor patch! most germans want uncut games and import them anyway.

i'm 39 years old and play uncut games since many many years, and it's not illegal!

please stop telling half-truths and spooky tales about police arrests!

do you really think without the symbols there would be 25% more servers? you are a dreamer!

this is a never ending story, hope it finds a ending...forever

http://www.golem.de/0909/69991.html

There´s a reason companys are going through sale cancellations whenever a swastika unintentionally hits stores, this costs lots of money for all involved - i don´t think they´re doing it for the lulz

burns out :wave:

As far as I was aware, you only need to censor your games if you are applying for a rating to be allowed to retail the game in Germany. Without the rating you can't sell your game (or advertise it), but as far as I can tell there are no such regulations for user made content. Even the process of selling a game for download only (without advertising it) is a grey area. At the worst this is only 'probably illegal' - no publishers have attempted to do this - most cut their games to get it past the rating system (like RO:2) or simply avoid selling in Germany.

Ironically I am from the UK, but my server happens to be in Germany - I have been running I44 on there for quite some time on and off and so far no-one has applied to extradite me to Germany!

On another note, German gamers should continue to download and import games from outside of Germany, denying them of the tax income which may in turn change the, quite frankly, bizzare censorship rules.

I've just noticed what you have done with the ammo crates - another great job!

I like how it is now self evident what type of crate it is without having to look inside through the menu, you guys are too good to us.

P.S. regarding the "women" you can have my mum, but only if you promise to keep her - and I'll need that in writing.

:cool:

Thank you team. Just returned from "work" this weekend to find this update. Looking forward to going back and giving it a play.

How do I open up Landing in editor?

You have to get a program that upacks pbos. I use Eliteness.

You have to get a program that upacks pbos. I use Eliteness.

I cant run it since I need DePbo.dll. Where do I find this?

thx for the mod, its really good one, i love this p-47, this damned fighter is so beatyful, just love it <3

Read my text -_-

Your example is from a RETAIL game.

So if i sell Swastikas, it is forbidden, but when i give them away for free it is allowed? Check your facts, man.

This will be the last time I ask, please can we stop the discussion of the symbols legality, this is not the place to do it, feel free to make your own topic somewhere else and toss arguments back and forth, but this is not the thread for it, please don't make us lock the topic from further discussion.

Moderators just need to use the infraction-baton ... that will stop them :) You have been warned.