SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

bug: all k98k and springfield riflies misses animation and granade launcher is bugged too on mk98

Really not enough information, and the wrong place, please provide a DETAILED description of the isses you are having on Dev-Heaven.

Wondered about that as well. So it´s basically an ARMA II limitation, not just i44? Had hoped to build some SP scenario where one can play SW section leader and order the crew to setup the stuff themselves. So I have to look for other solutions, incl. start scripting. Nargg...

I dunno if its a limitation, I've just never seen AI setup standard deployable before, but I tend to spend most of my time modding for I44 than playing A2 ;) For a quick and dirty solution, just make the two crewmen carrying the backpacks playable, then when you want to deploy or pack up the MG/Mortar etc, just team-switch (T by default) to the units and you're free to use the CSW system as normal.

Sorry if I misread but I can't get the M1919 tripods to deploy. Are they functional or just for aesthetics?

Sorry if I misread but I can't get the M1919 tripods to deploy. Are they functional or just for aesthetics?

Check the guide on how to use the CSW system to deploy them @I44\Documentation\[i442.6]_GUIDE.pdf

I dunno if its a limitation, I've just never seen AI setup standard deployable before, but I tend to spend most of my time modding for I44 than playing A2 ;) For a quick and dirty solution, just make the two crewmen carrying the backpacks playable, then when you want to deploy or pack up the MG/Mortar etc, just team-switch (T by default) to the units and you're free to use the CSW system as normal.

Ok...got it working with TAB (action 18) and playable crew mates, although a bit awkward to step into every shoe. When at last taking the gunner seat I have no aiming sight something and gunner seat appears to be offset half a meter to the left, although from 3rd person (ENTER) view everything looks in order. Note: This is with the MMG Prone Animations module active.

When at last taking the gunner seat I have no aiming sight something and gunner seat appears to be offset half a meter to the left, although from 3rd person (ENTER) view everything looks in order. Note: This is with the MMG Prone Animations module active.

I'm at a bit of a loss here as to what you actually mean... first of all its not clear which of the many deployable weapons you're using, so it could be a bugged unit however, I'm also not sure if you mean the aiming sight referring to a HUD crosshair, or actual iron sights. Best bet is to fully describe your issue and post it on Dev-Heaven.

I'm at a bit of a loss here as to what you actually mean... first of all its not clear which of the many deployable weapons you're using, so it could be a bugged unit however, I'm also not sure if you mean the aiming sight referring to a HUD crosshair, or actual iron sights. Best bet is to fully describe your issue and post it on Dev-Heaven.

Sorry, my fault. It´s a fully deployed/assembled MMG42 and there´s neither iron sight nor anything that allows aiming the weapon properly on targets.

I´d tested with a preplaced i44 MG42 "group". Then "switched" to the guys carrying the Tripod bag and MG42, assembled them via action menu (TAB --> Mount), switched back to player unit and took gunner seat. No iron sights or anything. Didn´t test with "static" version yet. It´s not related to MMG prone module. It´s the same if module added or not.

Can´t yet tell if it´s a "bug" worth reporting at Dev Heaven.

I´d tested with a preplaced i44 MG42 "group"...

Recreated this test and had no problems what-so-ever, when you first get in the weapon you're in standard weapon view, to enter the iron sights you need to press the weapon view key same as always (0 on num-pad by default) to see the iron sighted view.

Recreated this test and had no problems what-so-ever, when you first get in the weapon you're in standard weapon view, to enter the iron sights you need to press the weapon view key same as always (0 on num-pad by default) to see the iron sighted view.

Thanks, that was just the point I missed, switching to weapon view (num 0). Last question: At what range is the MMG42 sight calibrated? There´s no Pg up/down switch (like for K98 ect.), but without having the optical sights modelled, there´s not much sense to go beyond few hundreds of meters anyway.

Off-hand I have no clue, I would guess at 300m as that seems to be the usual default value, I'm not sure if it will be possible to add ranging to static MG's but we'll take a look into it.

At first, thanks for this MOD. That's really interesting for me! :smile_o:

When i played in this mod, i found one funny bug. I called it "rolling wheel of motorcycle", this looked really fun! And i decided make video about this bug. Here it. Pleasant viewing!

PS: Unfortunately, quality of the video leaves much to be desired and maybe you can't see some details.

PPS: I hope that will fixed in next version of Invansion 1944!

No doubt it's a great Mod of WW2 in Arma2. Too many praises and appreciations here and won't repeate them.

Just would like to give some found issues to improve the game much perfect in future updating.

* AI crew has got problem to take suitable ammo and weapon to fire at tanks. Once in game, a king tiger broke through the allies' line. But just fired with machine guns against the armor of Sherman's. And just lost its best chance to win the battle by attacking from the back.

* AI crews often turning out from the hatches during fights when the tanks were attacked. But not getting off tanks and just turning out like in a Safe mode. Not sure why.

* Sometimes the tanks could get insensitive to engage and find enemies. For example, in a game played in the winter map, the tigers and Shermans didn't engage and find the enemy tanks just behind them although in some cases those tanks were very obvious and not far from them. And they were also not in other engagements. But just stopped there and didn't move turrets.

*Some uniform and kits details not very right. For instance, the Waffenss crews still in Welmarcht's badges on hats and uniform. The edge line of visor of german armor officer should be in pink instead of white. German crews of assault guns should be in grey jacket.

Edited by Fkymplbo

Thanks for the reply, seems to have done the trick for at least getting AI to engage freely. Guess I'll just have to get used to playing without using tab to target from now on.

Too many praises and appreciations here and won't repeate them.

If you'd like your issues addressed, it would of been a nice gesture though... I also accept bribes in the form of money, women or alcohol, but as pretty much all issues are ones I see in ArmA2, or tiny details that require a lot of work when the focus in on larger features, not too worried about a pink bit of ribbing along the hat for now, thanks!

Hi all

Thanks for this great mod, il't really an amazing Mp gameplay. You have made a marvellous work on it.

Meanwhile, i cannot find the classlist.txt in the documentation. Where can i find it ?

is the class list contains the cfg groups ?

edit : ok find this in a few back page, before the official class list

jedra

I have a script that grabs the classes of mods so I can set up ASR_AI and for testing my skills slider mod. I ran it for I44 tonight. If you don't mind a spreadsheet then checkout the last tab (labelled I44!) in this spready

Thanks

Edited by zeufman

If you'd like your issues addressed, it would of been a nice gesture though... I also accept bribes in the form of money, women or alcohol, but as pretty much all issues are ones I see in ArmA2, or tiny details that require a lot of work when the focus in on larger features, not too worried about a pink bit of ribbing along the hat for now, thanks!

If you're not happy with this sentence, I can remove this. Just ignore it. Anyway, I only wanna give some thougths of the mod. Of course, I know it's a free mod and you could make it as you wish.

As stated, players only I'm afraid, I can't say I've ever seen AI use the classic backpack weapon system to setup the weapons at least without a script telling them to do so. The CSW system has been built for players in MP (also works through team-switch in SP) but we may look at AI functions to do it at some point but not a high priority as pre-built statics can already be placed, and AI building stuff could result in some oddly facing MG's and with their limited turning arc's, they'd also have to deal with rotation and moving the built weapon, as well as ammo supply, so there would be a lot to deal with coding an AI routine for it.

That's right the AI does not do it on it's own but the player could conveniently order them to

1. drop the tripod

2. assemble the weapon

3. get in as gunner

all with Arma2's own interface. There are considerably more steps involved to achieve this now because you have to teamswitch into every unit and use the custom interface.

Can't the crew served weapons be configured to work both ways?

This would be really nice!

Oh, and the artillery units do not respond to scripted fire calls anymore, e. g. place a group of two Grw 34 units on the map, synch them with artillery module (named 'e_arty') and let them execute a fire mission

[e_arty, 300] call BIS_ARTY_F_SetDispersion; [e_arty, getPosASL trp, ["TIMED", "HE", 0, 60]] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission;

They do not react. If you replace the Grw34 units with Podnos mortars, they execute the mission.

Edited by zwobot

Just wanna say thanks for this great new version, nice work!

Really like the new maps, the weapon resting and the wounding system. Makes it more enjoyable for players who are used to ACE! :thumbsup:

If you're not happy with this sentence, I can remove this. Just ignore it. Anyway, I only wanna give some thougths of the mod. Of course, I know it's a free mod and you could make it as you wish.

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but I'm seeing a recurring theme of "Thanks but here's everything you did wrong" which after less than a week of being available, does grind a little. When thanks is all we get for working for free, its still nicer to receive than a list of more things that we "should have done".

Can't the crew served weapons be configured to work both ways?

This would be really nice!

Most likely but it requires double the amount of work for every unit, as well as many other aspects to consider, two conflicting systems confuses players and results in a lot of issues and workarounds. As our main focus is on providing a multiplayer experience I doubt it's someting our scripters will focus on in favour of adding other new features.

Oh, and the artillery units do not respond to scripted fire calls anymore

As far as I was aware they didn't work with 2.5 either, 2.6 did add the ability to point fire through direct control, as well as our own AI functionality. Quite whats required to allow BIS arty calls I'm not sure of, its possibly something we'd look into in the future, but its not something we've ever used in our own missions so far, and not something I've ever personally had to the opportunity to play with ingame.

If you do have suggestions or requests for enhancing or changing existing features such as these it would be really helpful to post them over on Dev-Heaven as well as including information on how to actually achieve said functionality. It helps immensely if we have something to start with as an example to work from.

Just wanted to say that you have done an excellent job with this. Considering it is an addon and produced as the result of a hobby, I find it gives a much better experience of WWII than dedicated games such as RO:2 which I still haven't managed to 'get into' even though I really wanted to like it. Sure there are some bugs and some areas that need more work - but then again Tripwire can hardly claim the RO:2 was released bug free can they! I suspect they had a larger budget than you guys!

I think combined with the music and the 'ACE like' (sorry, I can't think of a better way to describe it!) actions and controls it really gives a smooth and immersive experience. The whole thing is put together really well and in a consistent manner. Really enjoying it.

@PacUK, where do I send the women? I have three here you can have - you're not allowed to send them back though...

They do not react. If you replace the Grw34 units with Podnos mortars, they execute the mission

With bis command the minimal distance is used with the biggest charge not the smallest (around 2000m instead of 60) so if you are near them they can't fire at you.

In editor, put FO module and link it with mortars and fo .

In I44 addon there are files about forward observers. I use them in domination I44 for IA and mortars created by script.

Is it a way to use I44 voices without using ger_orders script now?

Edited by Titi

The mortars probably no longer work w/ the BIS module because we tried to implement the new OA method. It is simpler, but less realistic, and unfortunately, it breaks compatibility with the BIS Arty module. The fire missions are much easier to calculate, though (all shells follow a pure parabolic arc, as they have no drag).

Found a bug with the Hand Signals that makes part of the model disappear ( namely the bag on the left side on US winter inf model ), will add screen in a bit.

EDIT: http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/uglyboy2/I44%20Invasion/?action=view&current=arma2OA2012-03-0223-41-59-41.jpg

dark green bag on the left side disappearing in the next screens

Edited by Uglyboy

Quick question: can you disable the numpad handsign shortcuts in any way?

Currently, the answer is "no". Would it help out if the windows-key dialog (which currently brings up all the hand signals as buttons) had an extra button to unbind/rebind the numpad keys? It'd have to be done at the start of each mission, but I think we could provide it quite easily for our first patch. We're hoping to make something a little more elegant in the future but this might get you by.