SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Oh alright. Guess I won't be doing any tank missions then since the AI is terrible when it comes to flanking

Or use any other tank in the game, not the heaviest & rarest one included. ;) Everything else, including a regular Tiger, can be hurt in that scenario.

I'll keep that in mind when I'm not making winter missions :)

One minor thing I noticed, If you're on foot near an AT Gun that happens to move or rotate, it make sthe ground shake (as tanks do). Just an engine limitation?

It wasn't something I've noticed, more likely to have been a vehicle further away causing the shake (some tanks cause the effect a bit further than they should if I recall) but I'll see what can be done if we can recreate it, the moving AT guns was a very basic config switch that already existed but we just didn't implement before (it was present in the ArmA version). Expect to see it refined some as we develop it further, hopefully a bit less bouncing ;)

It was a US 57mm AT Gun when I noticed this, was in the editor checking various things out, so was the only vehicle on the map. I was on foot maybe 2-3m from it, and as it rotated I got the rumble effect. Once it stopped, so did the shake. Didn't check how far it would cause it though, was pretty close in this case.

New to I44, loving it so far. A nice change from the standard modern-ish military scenarios. Curious though, is tab targeting (like when you're driving a tank, with an AI team member in the gun) removed by the mod? I know the tab key is now a radial menu, but even rebinding "next target" to a new key doesn't seem to have any effect. Also, is anyone else having issues with AI gunners not engaging clearly identified enemy targets, even with engage at will, and sometimes not even if you manually tell them to target a unit with right click or anything like that?

So how would I implement snow effect in Multiplayer?

How would the init look? And specifically the name of the function. Do I need to re-create it when the player respawns?

Oh alright. Guess I won't be doing any tank missions then since the AI is terrible when it comes to flanking

Cuel try using DAC in your mission (comes with I44) - AI will most certainly flank/smoke/suppress.. and quite well I might add :)

Happy to show you the DAC ropes if you like... hop on ts3.veterans-gaming.com

Is the Me262 and the FW 190 included?

Hello? These planes are the main reason I was wating for the mod, but after the Czech Forces Mod lured everyone with their MiG-29 which was never included Im a bit careful.

Lured? Not like they are getting anything out of it...

and to answer you, there isn't the FW BUT there is a incredibly well detailed Me262, comes in 2 version.

Hello? These planes are the main reason I was wating for the mod, but after the Czech Forces Mod lured everyone with their MiG-29 which was never included Im a bit careful.

If I may speak for myself, downloading I44 just for these two planes wouldn't really be your best bet. Not trying to say the content is bad; rather I'd hope to suggest that you should be playing IL-2 1946 if planes are all you want. ArmA2 isn't exactly a high fidelity flight sim.

I want to make an official complaint about this mod, I'm afraid I can't play it. You see the trouble is, it is too good. I'm setting up battles in the editor and running around as a rabbit watching the action and enjoying watching it so much I end up not playing myself.

I was going to make a list of the things that I thought were awesome - then I realized it was going to read like a class list, so didn't bother. The new tank effects module especially is great, as well as the new tanks - fantastic modelling.

It's incredible how authentic the game looks when a Churchill with the new British crew "turned out" rolls past on a smokey battlefield - same with the Bren carrier.

Great job guys - a big thank you to all involved.

:yay::yay::yay:

I was wondering, how do you give AI radios?

I was wondering, how do you give AI radios?

this addWeapon "ItemRadio" 

in the init line should work

Congrats guys for this wonderfull release, your hard and long work !!!

So no one else is having the issue where AI in gunner positions while you're driving a vehicle, don't engage targets, except tank main gun when you manually target and tell him to fire? Also I've dug around and still seen nothing about not being able to use "next target", which is normally binded to tab, to have your AI gunner switch between targets to engage, even after rebinding the command to a new key. They simply just don't do anything when the "next target" key is pressed.

So no one else is having the issue where AI in gunner positions while you're driving a vehicle, don't engage targets, except tank main gun when you manually target and tell him to fire? Also I've dug around and still seen nothing about not being able to use "next target", which is normally binded to tab, to have your AI gunner switch between targets to engage, even after rebinding the command to a new key. They simply just don't do anything when the "next target" key is pressed.

Yes, I have had those issues, I thought it might have been me messing things up with experimenting with different key bindings. If I order my gunner to "fire at will" he chooses not to fire at all.

Another problem I'm getting is tanks engaging each other with machine guns instead of their main armament. There seems to be a problem with the ai selecting the correct fire mode. I've noticed the tanks fire mode is "machine gun" by default, maybe should be switched to "AP" or "HEAT" by default. I think it's the ASR AI Skills mod that incorporates a method of forcing the ai to select the correct fire mode, so they cycle through machine gun, ap, heat, appropriately.

I don't think it has been asked before:

How can I order the AI to assemble/disassemble crew served weapons like the MG42? Is this only available via the custom interface, i. e. not usable by AI?

How can I order the AI to assemble/disassemble crew served weapons like the MG42? Is this only available via the custom interface, i. e. not usable by AI?

It is currently a player-only feature. Get online! ;)

It was all so a problem in 2,5 that Tanks only used thier mg on other armoure.

However I have seen in 2,6 that a couple of Churchills engange a Stug and a recon armoure car, with main gun.

It is currently a player-only feature. Get online! ;)

I hope it is not because it used to work for both AI and human players in 2.5

It would be a pity if it could only be used by human players now.

Ditto. I read the doc but it wasn't very clear.

There are a number of issues with threat recognition, & several CITs on Dev Heaven - not just tanks, but grunts at close range appearing to be blind.

As far as drivers using the TAB key for commanding the AI gunner, be aware that BIS is deprecating this for at least some, possibly all armour & mobile artillery. In the next release it may be impossible for a human driver to give any fire instructions to an AI gunner.See various discussions in the Beta Patch Testing forum, e.g.:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129690-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-87816-(1-60-MP-compatible-build-post-1-60-release)/page2

BR

Orcinus

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Yes, I have had those issues, I thought it might have been me messing things up with experimenting with different key bindings. If I order my gunner to "fire at will" he chooses not to fire at all.

Another problem I'm getting is tanks engaging each other with machine guns instead of their main armament. There seems to be a problem with the ai selecting the correct fire mode. I've noticed the tanks fire mode is "machine gun" by default, maybe should be switched to "AP" or "HEAT" by default. I think it's the ASR AI Skills mod that incorporates a method of forcing the ai to select the correct fire mode, so they cycle through machine gun, ap, heat, appropriately.

This is another game engine issue; i44 is affected just as much and (AFAICT with limited play as yet) no more than vanilla OA. I think there was another addon recently that changed / corrected the AI gunner's use of HEAT vs Sabot, etc.; if I can find it again I'll post or PM you the link if you're interested.

BR

Orcinus

Huge thanks to everyone continuing to play the mod, the teams recovering slowly and we're starting to look at 2.61 fixes so please make sure you report any and all issues to Dev-Heaven so we can address them ASAP! Tried to answer a few of the questions but looks like a lot have been covered by you guys already, cheers again!

Is it supposed to be like this? (King Tiger Video)

Umm kind of, you've not exactly given the AI much of a chance starting in front of the heaviest best armoured tank in the game. First of all the frontal armour just will not be penetrated by HE rounds that a standard Sherman is firing. The AI has no way to distinguish which ammo type to use as far as I'm aware so it is at a real disadvantage. The bazooka rounds might be lucky enough to get a side hit but really won't make too much of a dent. Had they been all attacking from the side or rear of your tank, results probably would have been different.

Curious though, is tab targeting (like when you're driving a tank, with an AI team member in the gun) removed by the mod?

As far as I'm aware we haven't, however as the tanks are setup to work in ArmA2 with modern equipment, some of the changes such as removing the radar hud, and personal unit radio's may have an impact on this.

Also, is anyone else having issues with AI gunners not engaging clearly identified enemy targets, even with engage at will, and sometimes not even if you manually tell them to target a unit with right click or anything like that?

Have you given an actual 'Fire' command (I think its Ctrl+LMB or Shift+LMB by default)? Generally I only tested for standard functionality of AI crew and didn't notice any particular issue but there was a lot to test so very possible there are problems here.

So how would I implement snow effect in Multiplayer?

How would the init look? And specifically the name of the function. Do I need to re-create it when the player respawns?

Try unpacking Nuts or Patrol, they both use a trigger around the start position which runs a modified NIM weather script to produce the snow in MP. Its a bit twitchy and not ideal but the best way I have found so far for MP snow.

Another problem I'm getting is tanks engaging each other with machine guns instead of their main armament. There seems to be a problem with the ai selecting the correct fire mode. I've noticed the tanks fire mode is "machine gun" by default, maybe should be switched to "AP" or "HEAT" by default.

This tends to be an issue with tanks that have weapons that won't damage their target, and instead choose MG to try and take out the crew (even if buttoned up). It is something I'd like to address but currently its affected by the armour values on units and the AI's knowledge of what will damage what if I understand it correctly. I thin it may require some scripting to achieve as suggested by the other mods. This is probably something we'll try to bring in over time as part of the 'Armor Module'.

I hope it is not because it used to work for both AI and human players in 2.5

As stated, players only I'm afraid, I can't say I've ever seen AI use the classic backpack weapon system to setup the weapons at least without a script telling them to do so. The CSW system has been built for players in MP (also works through team-switch in SP) but we may look at AI functions to do it at some point but not a high priority as pre-built statics can already be placed, and AI building stuff could result in some oddly facing MG's and with their limited turning arc's, they'd also have to deal with rotation and moving the built weapon, as well as ammo supply, so there would be a lot to deal with coding an AI routine for it.

This is another game engine issue; i44 is affected just as much and (AFAICT with limited play as yet) no more than vanilla OA. I think there was another addon recently that changed / corrected the AI gunner's use of HEAT vs Sabot, etc.; if I can find it again I'll post or PM you the link if you're interested.

I think I saw that addon a while back, as noted above definitely something I'd like to look at implementing so our tanks would use the correct round for engaging the correct type of targets, and be a bit more generous using HE on infantry :D

Edited by PacUK

bug: all k98k and springfield riflies misses animation and granade launcher is bugged too on mk98 , me262 aircraft makes really weird smoke anyway very amazing work!! thank u

ps

can u guys add possibility to use horn when suckas airplane goes down for mg?

Edited by Cescollino

As stated, players only I'm afraid, I can't say I've ever seen AI use the classic backpack weapon system to setup the weapons at least without a script telling them to do so. The CSW system has been built for players in MP (also works through team-switch in SP) but we may look at AI functions to do it at some point but not a high priority as pre-built statics can already be placed, and AI building stuff could result in some oddly facing MG's and with their limited turning arc's, they'd also have to deal with rotation and moving the built weapon, as well as ammo supply, so there would be a lot to deal with coding an AI routine for it.

Wondered about that as well. So it´s basically an ARMA II limitation, not just i44? Had hoped to build some SP scenario where one can play SW section leader and order the crew to setup the stuff themselves. So I have to look for other solutions, incl. start scripting. Nargg...