SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

This mod is great guys, huge improvement over 2.51. The only thing I have a problem with is I can't seem to find the list of classnames for all the units. I know there was one for 2.51 (I've formatted my PC since then.) But I couldn't see a classlist anywhere in the documentation or other included docs. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great.

EDIT: I did find the 2.5 version of the classlist on DH just want to know if/where there is a 2.6 version of this list or if it's going to be updated.

Hi,

I have a script that grabs the classes of mods so I can set up ASR_AI and for testing my skills slider mod. I ran it for I44 tonight. If you don't mind a spreadsheet then checkout the last tab (labelled I44!) in this spready

It's sorted by Parent/Vehicle which equates to parent class/vehicle class - should be enough to see you along until the I44 boys get the official classlist out.

I start up the mod and everything is running good but when I try to play the "Landing" mission it takes me back to the Mission Selection screen and says "Only 144 groups per side are supported". Wtf?

Just wanted to say i have been playing this mod and its amazing. It is my new fav mod now and i love the flamethrower so much that i think its one of the best parts. Keep up the good work and keep expanding this mod. Also you guys should look into doing the pacific.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I start up the mod and everything is running good but when I try to play the "Landing" mission it takes me back to the Mission Selection screen and says "Only 144 groups per side are supported". Wtf?

ya that has already been said more than once on this thread.

It is my new fav mod now and i love the flamethrower so much that i think its one of the best parts. Keep up the good work and keep expanding this mod. Also you guys should look into doing the pacific.

That Flamethrower is originally a Hell in the Pacific model, rescripted by Macolik and Homer to give the awesome effects of burning various... things. We won't be producing anything Pacific orientated ourselves, their team are already doing a fantastic job, which thankfully, we don't have any direct involvement in so get to enjoy it rather than work on it daily :D

I was playing coop and we were defendinga french town. A tank came up and someone threw a satchel onto it and it exploded. But I found so cool was that the crew members actually ran out on fire screaming and freaking out! Added more immersion.

First things first. Epic Mod, the new jump and slide animations, the flame throwers, the new maps and toys. Really awesome work guys, and 004047 made me laugh A LOT.......

One bug I found was the Winter variants of both (waffen-ss and Heer) King Tigers tracks don't move.

Also, does rolling on the ground when on fire put it out?

Thanks heaps guys.

Edited by AstroMan

Also, does rolling on the ground when on fire put it out?

Yes, it does, I believe going into water does too... but don't hold me on that.

Hav'nt had this much since MOHAA an Hidden an Dangerous days really brings back the feeling of playing WW2 shooters only ArmA2 advancements, can't say enough about it. Also be nice to see some realistic air war scenarios kinda like somthing based off the battle of britain theme would be awsome 8) only TvsT

I cant find the flame throwers :rolleyes: or Im just lazy so please tell me where to find them :)

Supermod extends the life of Arma by 1 year :)

Hi,

I have a script that grabs the classes of mods so I can set up ASR_AI and for testing my skills slider mod. I ran it for I44 tonight. If you don't mind a spreadsheet then checkout the last tab (labelled I44!) in this spready

It's sorted by Parent/Vehicle which equates to parent class/vehicle class - should be enough to see you along until the I44 boys get the official classlist out.

That's a very useful spreadsheet, & not just for i44 - thanks for sharing :)

BR

Orcinus

I cant find the flame throwers
Flamethrower is under units and then one of the engineers in each faction except for French Resistance (obviously) have the flamethrower as primary weapon. It says M2 or Flammenwerfer or something along those lines. It's a really well made flamethrower and really good burning effects but they all have the same model, weather it is Flammenwerfer or M2 :/. Still, beautiful mod. I have been waiting for this for ages. Well, this and Balkan War Mod :). Im hoping to release a WW1 style mission in the forest of the Bulge. With the British WW1 looking soldiers and the SMLE's and the trenches in the forest, its took good of an opportunity to miss. :D

Great release, new maps are nice.

One minor thing I noticed, If you're on foot near an AT Gun that happens to move or rotate, it make sthe ground shake (as tanks do). Just an engine limitation? Small price to pay, given the choice of rumble and mobility, or static, well, that's no choice at all. :)

there are lots of frogs in France.

Not anymore, all eaten! :D

Guys, R75 sidecar...the mounted MG is quite funny when shooting in "weapon view", sight is missing and you can only aim with tracers. Is this a feature and exactly like it should be, or is this a defect?

Can you guys please please please fix the Sherman DD... its NOT a DD, its a US Sherman fitted with wading tanks, a DD is a rather different Sherman, and the DD is also British (but all used waders)

Waders

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?24973-Sherman-Wading-Stacks

http://www.timemoneyandblood.com/HTML/normandy/ddTanks/wadingTank.html

DD Tank

http://www.timemoneyandblood.com/HTML/normandy/ddTanks/shermanDday.html

(Now if you can do a British DD I will be very happy, after all its a fully amphibious Sherman that cannot see squat, but drop screen, can then see...)

I did point this out in the earlier release.

Ok moan over.

Omaha map v2 ... MUCH better, there is no sudden slope on the beach and my LCT Mk 5 can now offload vehicles into shallow water, means more chance of getting it finished, after all it was a WW2 US landing craft.

I will explore more..

Reported issues with LCVP and LCM3 on devheavan for you.

Hi,

God Bless you my son

Hi,

Thankyou!

This will work great, I just made a config for WICT with the 2.5 classlist, added wict the the BattleGround mission on Mederet and it worked incredibly well. The only bad thing was seeing airborne units running around with different coloured uniforms:p And now I'll be able to make a winter config without having to place eeevery single unit on the map and save mission. :D

does this mod support ace? and if it doesnt will there be updates that will make it work or will it never support ace?

Also be nice to see some realistic air war scenarios kinda like somthing based off the battle of britain theme would be awsome 8) only TvsT

Expect that sort of thing when we start implementing Gnat's plane enhancements he's been developing for his FW190 that we're hoping to implement across the board for aircraft sometime in the future, as well as some other general plane / AA additions and improvements, but it'll be a lil while yet!

One minor thing I noticed, If you're on foot near an AT Gun that happens to move or rotate, it make sthe ground shake (as tanks do). Just an engine limitation?

It wasn't something I've noticed, more likely to have been a vehicle further away causing the shake (some tanks cause the effect a bit further than they should if I recall) but I'll see what can be done if we can recreate it, the moving AT guns was a very basic config switch that already existed but we just didn't implement before (it was present in the ArmA version). Expect to see it refined some as we develop it further, hopefully a bit less bouncing ;)

Guys, R75 sidecar...the mounted MG is quite funny when shooting in "weapon view", sight is missing and you can only aim with tracers. Is this a feature and exactly like it should be, or is this a defect?

Yeah known issue, we just didn't have time to fix it before release, expect it will be patched in one of the early hotfixes.

Can you guys please please please fix the Sherman DD... its NOT a DD, its a US Sherman fitted with wading tanks, a DD is a rather different Sherman, and the DD is also British (but all used waders)

I was aware of this from probably you reporting it before, it was something we had intended to change, but due to classnames and so on it was left as is for now, what I may do is just change the display name for now in a hotfix so the class name wouldn't change causing problems with missions, and enabling us to add it in properly as its own wading unit at a later date when we do have a DD to replace it or a copy of the wading so that if anyone did still have the unit ingame it wouldn't cause a crash and so on.

does this mod support ace? and if it doesnt will there be updates that will make it work or will it never support ace?

There are no real plans to support ACE as we don't want the mod to require another seperate mod for users to download and play as intended. While there is of course a huge ACE fanbase, the development time required to make a compatible alternative version just isn't possible. The only thing that you may see are improvements in compatibility issues but again this still requires us to develop both an ACE and non-ACE version (or at least test both) with our team size it is a near impossible task. As we have a lot of our own features such as wounding, weapon resting, and crew served weapons that are the features people want in I44 from ACE, the more we develop the less of an issue I hope it will be and players can be satisfied playing vanilla I44 without the need for extra addons for the "ideal" experience.

NO it doesn't support ACE and They don't want to support ACE.

Use ACE for modern warfare and keep your I44 for WWII warfare. ;)

I was aware of this from probably you reporting it before, it was something we had intended to change, but due to classnames and so on it was left as is for now, what I may do is just change the display name for now in a hotfix so the class name wouldn't change causing problems with missions, and enabling us to add it in properly as its own wading unit at a later date when we do have a DD to replace it or a copy of the wading so that if anyone did still have the unit ingame it wouldn't cause a crash and so on.

That hotfix sounds like a good idea as the classnames is more for mission editors and to be honest it could be named anything for them/us, but the display name will reduce the chance of further British dissappointment

This mod is win, I wasn't overly excited about ww2 mods but this really brings it too life.

Also was never interested in planes but I really love the air units!! They seem to fly at believable heights... They dog fight and drop bombs on enemy armour! That was beautiful to see!

I'm not sure if it actually does or if they work the same as arma default but it would be great if it had support units.

Only issue for me is helmets not visible, and maybe German truck drivers are the worst in all of arma? As if trees are a magnet.

Edited by Katipo66

Yes Pac! The mod is absolutely stunning, already sunk about 18+ hours into it on just the editor. I love the Hetzer particularly

Just a friendly reminder that issues MUST be reported on our Dev Heaven page to receive any real attention. Issues posted here will be ignored and forgotten very quickly! Please take a brief moment to check if your issue is already reported on DH, if you don't see it then make a New Issue. We won't yell at you if you accidentally post a duplicate. It takes valuable time for us to read bugs in here and task them - help us out and make use of our DH page! :)

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/inv44/issues