SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Awesome release! While there are some minor bugs I've encountered (e.g. transparent helmets, the BMW's wheels flipping out and problems with the tank reticle), the size and scope of the mod more than make up for it. The new island could use a better grass layer though, why not use (and/or adapt) the Chernarus one? The bland fields remind me of OFP, and not in a good way.

PS What ever happened to Marfy's Jagdtiger? I remember he worked on one back in the day, never saw the light of day though...

Was fun yesterday taking the town next to river and being commander of the fire support squad. Even i didn't kill anyone at all and at end got ended up swimming when Germans spotted me.

Also me and some others played the "Patrol" where Tiger 2 got trapped in the trench so we used mortar on it. After the mortars hit the tank, its ammo blew up and destroying it in the progress.

I would like to. Because this mod is one of the best and could use a new strong campaigh.

I try to make an unofficial one setting on 101st AB during the WW2 (has already been works for while), but main problem is that i ain't the best scripter around here. :D

Thank you for this amazing mod!

Great Invasion44 upgrade, thank you! :) Noticed that sometimes voices are delayed a bit and sound like frogs. Just place some armored + inf groups + modules and try to order your AI team to another place.

Still having problems with radio messages. Playing with the AI is simply impossible, because their commands and enemy sightings are missing. Can't hear what they are saying and no text is visible... :mad:

great job! I love it! Why it need version 1.60 of Arma? some script?

Very nice atmosphere overall, wish i had more time to test it. The credits are pointing to 2.5 version, and not 2.6, which isn't exactly game breaking :D

great job! I love it! Why it need version 1.60 of Arma? some script?

Why wouldn't you be using 1.60? Quite a few improvements and features were added in 1.6, it's a whole new game! :)

@peeaa - The reason is that most of the infantry aren't given hand radios (Which is realistic for the time). All you need to do is add them manually to the squad you play in. If I recall, it's "ItemRadio". But someone correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^

@peeaa - The reason is that most of the infantry aren't given hand radios (Which is realistic for the time). All you need to do is add them manually to the squad you play in. If I recall, it's "ItemRadio". But someone correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^

Thanks dude. Well gotta give my squad some radios when playing with the AI.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, we're really glad you're mostly enjoying 2.6, and the issues that are showing up aren't too unexpected or game-breaking, please do continue to let us know what you think of the mod! I've tried to cover all the questions posed below, please note if you are reporting issues, please make a ticket on Dev-Heaven so we don't have to hunt through posts to catch all the bugs, cheers!

Maybe but both of the missions that I tried I seemed to be part of a squad [i44 - Paras] and [i44 - Op Heisenberg].

In both cases the STHUD doesn't seem to work.

Maybe it only works with human squad members?

Pretty sure I've used it in SP with AI and seen the HUD as well as both those missions. Some other things may affect it like joining in progress. Saying that I think in the SP version of Paras you're not in a squad but able to use Switch Team to jump between units. You're best bet is to provide a DETAILED description of the problem you're having on Dev-Heaven and we can try to help further.

Anyone figured out how to use the German Nebelwerfer Artillery?

Yes you have to manually script it to fire as I had to on The Escape. I've covered it over on our public forums already. The nebel is a low angle rocket firing artillery piece, ArmA's artillery system fires at high angles (mortars etc). The Nebel was converted from a manual firing rocket launcher into an Artillery compatible unit, but it was never given the ability to tilt upwards to the angle required for that type of firing so it is unable to be aimed with the system. We will be looking at developing a firing mode to work with it but its not something that's quick to do and as there's only really the Nebel that suffers from this issue at the moment, not high on our to do list for 2.6's release.

Would you perhaps consider investing some more polys in some of the vehicle wheels?

This is mostly due to previous polygon limits of engines in ArmA and OPF that those models originate from. Over time we'll be redeveloping models or replacing them, but as we don't have many active modellers what and when can't really be planned.

Also, some of the 'ride-on-top' animations cause twisted elbows or knees on the infantry models

Some of this is from the same reason as above, units having too few polygons to animate correctly, or less than perfect weighting on their models due to previous setups and so on. As it doesn't really affect anything other than visual's its not something we've spent a great deal of time correcting for vehicle poses. Hopefully its something that can be improved over time as older models are updated.

Now that topas mentions it I did notice that the winter version of the MG42 gunner seemed to have an extra arm!?

Screens or you're on acid... ?

lso the in-game visuals interface (great feature BTW) doesn't seem keep your selection,

It won't do, the script is added on a per mission basis, it was something I asked our scripters about implementing into our main GUI HUD, but as its only really necessary on MP where grass levels and distance default to server/mission settings we left it as a mission based setting. Therefore each new mission you'll need to re-adjust, its mainly there for people who have slower machines that can't handle the grass and view distance and need a bit of a frame-rate boost.

Awesome release! While there are some minor bugs I've encountered (e.g. transparent helmets, the BMW's wheels flipping out and problems with the tank reticle)

Please report any (or vote existing ones, add reproduction info, system specs etc) that you encounter on our Dev-Heaven site it really will help us track and fix these bugs quickly!

The new island could use a better grass layer though, why not use (and/or adapt) the Chernarus one? The bland fields remind me of OFP, and not in a good way.

The grass was actually part of the design choices we made when overhauling NSU's original map, there were a lot of complaints about grass heights on Omaha as well as performance concerns so we went with something that was both low impact on frames and visual blocking allowing for a lot more distance based combat (it was conceived as a tank-battle pvp arena map with the play area in the middle).

We may look into developing the map further as time allows, I did see someone post earlier pretty much slating the map which I don't personally agree with but I do think there's a lot of room for improvement. Keep in mind this is the first release of the map, whereas Omaha v2 is something thats been developed over several years, originally created by Jojimbo for ArmA and updated to ArmA2, so we've had feedback to work from and develop the terrain, the same I'm sure will be done with Merderet.

PS What ever happened to Marfy's Jagdtiger? I remember he worked on one back in the day, never saw the light of day though...

Marfy hasn't been a member for years, we don't have direct access to any content he did do. However I think there is a version of this floating around as a model, but its far from usable ingame without a lot of development time. Might see it at some point, or not...

Noticed that sometimes voices are delayed a bit and sound like frogs. Just place some armored + inf groups + modules and try to order your AI team to another place.

Like frogs? This might be the British voices if you have a very old ArmA2:CO without BAF and its using the very low quality voices... otherwise could be the same issue as below.

Still having problems with radio messages. Playing with the AI is simply impossible, because their commands and enemy sightings are missing. Can't hear what they are saying and no text is visible...

Generally only Officer and NCO type units will carry radio's, as someone suggested, you can add them to units if you really want to hear the radio back and forth.

Why it need version 1.60 of Arma? some script?

1.60 fixes tons of issues, some features of I44 v2.6 will NOT work, the MP netcode is a thousand times better, its the latest version. Get it NOW!

The credits are pointing to 2.5 version

Yeah it wasn't something anyone had time to actually edit, but knowing how few people who actually read credits it didn't seem like it would be noticed much, thanks for checking them out!

I crash every time i try to aim with the grenade launcher...Is that a known bug?

It depends which rifle and which rifle grenade you're trying to use, please post full and detailed reproduction steps with info on what you did or didn't try and what finally caused the crash. As there's at least 3 rifle grenade weapons, and 3 types of ammo if not more for each, thats a pretty general description, please post the info on Dev-Heaven not here, thanks!

Like frogs? This might be the British voices if you have a very old ArmA2:CO without BAF and its using the very low quality voices... otherwise could be the same issue as below.

Well, in a way it adds to the realism - there are lots of frogs in France.

Congrats on this amazing release, - when do you chaps sleep?

Really looking forward to exploring this; not so much an update as a whole new game :respekt:

when do you chaps sleep?

I'm sorry... I don't understand the question?

I'm sorry... I don't understand the question?

Oh, sorry - I meant only that I find it hard to imagine how all the work on this release was accomplished in such a relatively short time after v2.5 unless it approached a 24/7 effort.

All the new models, maps, units.. really impressive.

BR

Orcinus

Downloaded the mod today, impressive! Cudos to your whole DEV team.

Love the maps of omaha and bastogne, not yet tried the 3rd one, great performance, even with high grass on and 30 groups AI, average PC specs here.

Oh, sorry - I meant only that I find it hard to imagine how all the work on this release was accomplished in such a relatively short time after v2.5 unless it approached a 24/7 effort.

Heh sorry, just playing with you... though it has been a pretty much solid effort (including more than a few sleepless nights) since then by the active team members to get it to this point. A lot of the new systems didn't even come in to existence until around December and there's a whole stack of things we cut at various stages that hopefully will come back into play sometime in the future. Its great to finally have it out and to see people playing it though and by the looks of it, definitely worth the development wait!

This mod is great guys, huge improvement over 2.51. The only thing I have a problem with is I can't seem to find the list of classnames for all the units. I know there was one for 2.51 (I've formatted my PC since then.) But I couldn't see a classlist anywhere in the documentation or other included docs. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great.

EDIT: I did find the 2.5 version of the classlist on DH just want to know if/where there is a 2.6 version of this list or if it's going to be updated.

Edited by Clarkey1

There isn't a 2.6 class list just yet hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Just spend some houres with friends in 3 missions in INV44, so bloody awesome :D

One of the guys is a modern warfare freak, and he enjoyed it,.... so thanks INV44 team, for helping to conqure more players for ARMA2 :D

Fantastic job guys. I don't want you to think I only point out flaws with the release. The different mission types like the battle of the bulge is amazing!

I really like the new MG42 and MG34 Sounds! The New models look awesome! I'm anxious to try out the new modules like the crew served weapons and armour penetration!

GJ!

Give us a few days, maybe a week, and we'll have the classlist updated. Bit of an oversight in our readme file suggesting it was included! Cheers,

Hi, I'm coming up with this error when I launch the game

52.png

the problem with this, is that I cannot play a saved game and this is the message that pops up when I intend to do so

Can someone help me plz, this mod looks fun, btw, I am running ArmA2 Combined Operations version 1.60, BAF and PMC as well.

53.png