Sign in to follow this  
Armhunter

Take On Helicopters running Windows 7 on a Mac under bootcamp

I did not know where to put this, and please dont take it down.

This information doesnt just help with Take On Helicopters but for any game that requires a lot of memory.

It took me a few days of researching and testing to figure this out. While searching I saw a lot of posts about people having trouble running this flight sim and many others on a Mac. ( no not here, but all over the net) I am just trying to help.

A couple games that I have tried. Take on Helicopters, Rise of Flight and Black Shark 2.

My system is a Mac Pro Xeon 3.0 2x2, so its a quad core. I had 4 gigs and upgraded the video card to a Radeon 5770 before trying all this.

I ran bootcamp and installed Windows 7 32 bit version.

I have been out of the loop for a while as far as games go. I saw all the new flight sims and just had to get back into it. This game is awesome by the way! So when I was done installing it, it was very frustrating to see it crash from time to time.

It was also frustrating to have to turn down some of the settings as far as graphics go.

I figured it had to be the memory. So I upgraded to 8 gigs. This did not help at all since I was running the 32 bit version of Windows 7, which will only detect 4 gigs, it wont go any higher! I did not know this!

So then I installed windows 7 64 bit version and this did the trick. Windows 7 Home Premium will see up to 16gigs. It detected all my memory and was able to run all of the above sims without crashing anymore. Not only that, Black Shark2 was running with almost all the graphics turned up.

Take on Heli was also running smooth with almost everything turned up. Rise of flight is running at max!

I read so many people trying to install these games and just having issues with it crashing. So i thought i would post this to help those who wanted to know. I know Mac computers are expensive, but now I have two computer in one. One does all my video editing and music editing, the other, well, its a gaming machine.