Sign in to follow this  
Emetivore

CrossfireX support in Catalyst 12-1?

I just picked up TOH tonight and I'm wondering if the Catalyst 12-1 drivers have support for CrossfireX, or if I need to fiddle with the filename for the exe like I did with the demo.

If I need to change it, would I still rename it to Arma2OA.exe?

Thanks for the info!

Did a lil testing this morning, seems that I'm not able to activate my second card even after changing the filename... I'm quite surprised, considering it worked in the demo.

What do I do? 15fps makes me sad :(

Please don't tell me I spent $50 (more than I spend on four other Steam games, typically) on a game that DOES NOT support Crossfire when my purchase decision was based on a demo that DOES support crossfire. That would be ridiculous.

Devs, can I get a tip on how to enable my second card in the full version please?

we can't enable 'support for crossfire' as such feature don't exist

AMD must support the game in Crossfire profiles (delivered either with drivers or as part of so called CAP profiles (standalone installer) for Crossfire)

note: since 12.1 drivers You can manually yourself setup game/crossfire profile in driver's control panel

Edited by Dwarden

@Emetivore - I can confirm what Dwarden suggests works for ToH...

1. In CCC go to Gaming/3D Application Settings.

2. In the Application Profiles drop down box, make sure <<New Application >> is selected.

3. Leave everything as default, but scroll to the bottom and select 'Use AMD Pre-Defined Profile' from the dropdown in the CrossFireX section.

4. In the list off applications that appears find ArmA2OA*.exe and click on that so it's highlighted.

5. Scroll back up to the top and hit save.

6. In the file dialogue that appears, locate and select takeonh.exe and click OPEN (make sure you select the beta version if you are running the beta).

The next time you run Take on Helicopters it will use the AMD CrossfireX profile for Arma2OA which works very well and should give you an FPS boost of around 15 to 20 frames depending on your setup.

Hope this helps.

Nice, now we're getting somewhere! TY Jedra and Dwarden!

I managed to get up to step 4 in Jedra's recommendation, but I don't have Arma in my list at all. Do I need to update my profiles somehow, or plugin something to CCC, that perhaps I don't have? Where do I get the Arma profile?

Thank you again for helping me with this, I'm sooo excited to play some TOH but, you know how it is, I wanna make sure it's running optimally before I really start playing it.

** Update **

I discovered that the 12-2 drivers are up, and after downloading them, I found that the Arma2 profile was available. I followed your instructions and it didn't seem to work at first: my load time increased by like 2-3 mins (!!!) and I didn't get any performance increase. However, as soon as I went into video options and touched a slider, it kicked my FPS in Fraps from 15 to 30, and my load times went back to normal. Success!!!

Thanks so much for the information you guys, I'mma be doing Time Trials till my eyes bleed!

Glad you got it working - not sure why it initially increased your load times though! Looks like your profiles were out of date and by installing the latest driver you brought them back up to date again.

It's good to see that AMD finally implemented profiles, which is great for Steam users (who can't rename the exe usually) and also means that RadeonPro is now pretty much redundant (which, with its API monitoring sometimes screws with other apps).