Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

Does anyone have any news on when specifically the alpha is going to be released? I know "after e3" could mean anytime beween now and november but i'm so anxious to try it!

Use the search button

Use the search button

I did, and nothing came up, which is obviously why i came to the thread specifically about the community alpha...

Summer is way too hot in Greece for any serious testing. We'll be much better in autumn...

@Garviel : Read 1st post of this thread, RIE has updated it with latest news.

@Garviel : Read 1st post of this thread, RIE has updated it with latest news.

The first thing i did was go through the first 20 pages, including the updated one, which says "after gamescon" as i said. I have found my answer which is september/autumnish.

Wonder if A3 will run on the new snazzy windows tablets, the Pro version of course (i5, SSD). Not expecting much, but if simple missions would run it could be really cool

I hope A3 will run on my calculator if BIS is serious about optimization this time.

Wonder if A3 will run on the new snazzy windows tablets, the Pro version of course (i5, SSD). Not expecting much, but if simple missions would run it could be really cool

Yo have to be trolling me.

Know it sounds optimistic, but I run Arma 2 "tolerably" on an Win7 laptop with i5 and SSD and a POS onboard graphics card. Not my main rig, but works when on the road

hmm should you not just give the alpha to those who pre-purhchase (for a slight reduced price).

Eveyone on these boards will be buying anyways... buggy or not probably.

Fire And Smoke for ArmA2: JTD_FireAndSmoke v0.2

For better future effects addons, please vote for this ticket.

Done :)

@ BIS Devs,

Firstly thank you for the updates, I'm quite excited about ArmA3 already. Also I have a question about the alpha if I may:

Will we have simple co-op/pvp MP mission use? as we have the 2d editor use to make missions, thus enabling us test the new online coding?

I've been waiting a long time. Love the whole franchise and extremely excited for alpha. :)

Done :)

@ BIS Devs,

Firstly thank you for the updates, I'm quite excited about ArmA3 already. Also I have a question about the alpha if I may:

Will we have simple co-op/pvp MP mission use? as we have the 2d editor use to make missions, thus enabling us test the new online coding?

It has been stated that there will be Mulitiplayer in the Alpha, apparently getting physics to work with MP is one of the main issues that they are dealing with (if I remember correctly). That, together with editor usage and the confirmation of mods, implies that we will be able to create and prepare missions and mods for the final release of ArmA 3 within the Alpha.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I've been waiting a long time. Love the whole franchise and extremely excited for alpha. :)

Me too. Sadly I'll be back in school when this fall rolls around. Oh well, ArmA takes precedence*. :)

*Just kidding

Hope this game is as good as it looks. The only problem ive ever had with arma is the buggy engine.

Not a single word on their site (www.arma3.com) since June 1st. Kinda odd? Or, maybe they are running around with their butts on fire getting alpha ready for us to download....... XD lol

Not a single word on their site (www.arma3.com) since June 1st. Kinda odd? Or, maybe they are running around with their butts on fire getting alpha ready for us to download....... XD lol

I think they will release an E3 vid of the night and diving showcases on Thursday. They said later this week.

I will return here next week.

ah ha... I just realized they posted that XD

Hope this game is as good as it looks. The only problem ive ever had with arma is the buggy engine.

Haha, its better than it looks :P

Can't wait until they release the Alpha- any ideas when it will be released, and how people can access it?

Knowing my luck they'll release ArmA3 beta than next day DCS Combined Arms beta will go live..story of my life than decisions,decisions.