Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

Ok then. Settled. Open alpha it is. That's really good news. And, yeah, MadDogX, hopefully this arguing that's persisted for quite a while now can finally be put to rest. Now, on to speculation on what will be included in the Alpha. Is it possible we will be testing all the new features, such as the new animations, RTT, underwater gameplay? Or just some of the features? I gotta say it would be nice to be able to test all of that stuff (probably so if it's pretty well integrated into the game). And, do any of you think that we will be testing the game at its current stage or at an earlier stage (as most alphas/betas are)?

I believe we can get our hand on most of the game features in the Community Alpha, I think that ATM the game is complete but need to be "polished" and become "enjoyable" by us ... the whole bunch of Arma fanatics around here.

Have a look at the incredible job done by BIS for the last Arma2 patch and the incredible amount of energy spent by all the community to help.

The same will be need after Alpha release in order to get an enjoyable Arma 3 Beta and "The Game" we are all waiting for at the end of the year !

Nobody knows who or how this alpha will work, biske028. We'll probably know more around E3 in June.

Hi,I want to be part of Alpha.

Sorry you're not tall enough to read the first page therefore you cannot be apart of Alpha.

*The dictator

Main reason I hope to get into this Alpha is to see how much it destroys my computer. I have a bad feeling my 580 won't be able to run it very well...

Hopefully BIS have become Optimization geniuses within the past few years and are able to make ArmA 3 playable, and not cause computers to implode.

@Enad : I believe that your 2 rigs will play Arma3 easily ... even the so called "Mini PC" ... not so small in fact ... the GPU of the "Mini" being the only weak point.

But now, we have only a few weeks to wait before E3 and the updated minimum and recommended specs release ... so let's camp a bit:cool:

One question - was wondering how the process of feedabck, evalutation and response/tweaks will work best.

in tkoh it was pretty ordered but the feedback took a long time to trickle through to the actual game (but the flight model is not awesome).

on a project so much bigger, this is going to be tricky. what would be best experienced way of doing it?

Enad im sure you're okay its me and countless others who need to quiver. :eek: We don't have i7's @4ghz or SSD's.

Enad im sure you're okay its me and countless others who need to quiver. :eek: We don't have i7's @4ghz or SSD's.

I've got both and I'm quivering.

I've got both and I'm quivering.

Same here, i7-950 @ 3.7 on air, and a GTX470 with 2 120GB SSD's. One for games, one for OS.

10 FPS will be worth it :p

any chance of the beta having the editor. thats all i liked in arma

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

by the way could i max out the game. these are my computer specs

------------------
System Information
------------------   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
          Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
      System Model: Z68XP-UD4
              BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
         Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
            Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
         Page File: 3638MB used, 12577MB available
       Windows Dir: C:\Windows
   DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
         Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 
      Manufacturer: NVIDIA
         Chip type: GeForce GTX 560
          DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
        Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_14693842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4062 MB
  Dedicated Memory: 2014 MB
     Shared Memory: 2047 MB
      Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
      Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
     Monitor Model: SyncMaster

Edited by Starky396

^ High settings but I doubt anyone here will max it Very high AA and 20km view distance is going to require a computer from 2020 to run Arma 3 at decent FPS.

I can't remember if it was a printed interview or one of the early A3 videos which stated they had improved the optimization so ARMA3 should run about the same as ARMA2 even with the improved graphics etc.

Of course no one will be able to run everything on max just as with ARMA2.

Edited by EDcase

Don't forget that Direct3D11 was designed to support efficient multithreaded rendering. If BI makes proper use of that, rendering performance should be improved compared to the old D3D9 renderer.

any chance of the beta having the editor. thats all i liked in arma

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

by the way could i max out the game. these are my computer specs

------------------
System Information
------------------   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
          Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
      System Model: Z68XP-UD4
              BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
         Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
            Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
         Page File: 3638MB used, 12577MB available
       Windows Dir: C:\Windows
   DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
         Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 
      Manufacturer: NVIDIA
         Chip type: GeForce GTX 560
          DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
        Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_14693842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4062 MB
  Dedicated Memory: 2014 MB
     Shared Memory: 2047 MB
      Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
      Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
     Monitor Model: SyncMaster

no, you can't max out arma 2 with these settings aswell. check out my sig

2 weeks until E3! can't wait to hear more about the Alpha.

BIS, 2 weeks are long! PLEASE give us one more video/new/screenshot please please))

There is a Report In! about lightning coming and that probably will show some fancy stuff. The Alpha will happen after E3, Im under the impression that will be in July.

There is a Report In! about lightning coming and that probably will show some fancy stuff. The Alpha will happen after E3, Im under the impression that will be in July.

Where'd ya get the info?

Where'd ya get the info?
Lastly, you'll be hearing more from Gugla soonâ„¢, in our forthcoming Report In! feature, where we take a look at some of the fantastic advancements to lighting

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/304-czeching-out-limnos

The July for alpha I don´t know if I read in an interview with a dev or just a forum member post.

Ah alright. But I'm not sure if it will be really about the Lighting as in "Programmer"-side. I'd like some more DevBlogs from Suma. They were always top notch and very informative.