Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

Well I was just merely discussing that IF the alpha is to get published soon-ish, why is there such dead silence about it? Surprise or ''trouble''?

As Kylania mentions, I completely forgot about the dev blogs too.Very quiete on that front as well. As you look at it though, I too hope it just means that the devs are busy :)

I'm wondering if one of the possible conditions of the Greece authorities towards the possible release of the devs from custody is that they get full access to all the currently developed content to make sure there's no secret military bases documented in it or something like that. It seems to be both plausible and crazy but seeing as they are the kind of folk to arrest people for taking photos in the wrong direction, it's a likelyhood. BI would no doubt be willing to submit this stuff to help the trapped devs.

Maybe they chill out, realize it's just a game and release the devs...or...maybe they forbid the use of Limnos in ARMA 3.... which would be a huge setback.

like i said before, silence means, devs cooking us some alpha :)

I hope so! I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this. I'm really looking forward to all the possibilities of future mods, especially with the ragdoll phsx

Well I was just merely discussing that IF the alpha is to get published soon-ish, why is there such dead silence about it? Surprise or ''trouble''?

As Kylania mentions, I completely forgot about the dev blogs too.Very quiete on that front as well. As you look at it though, I too hope it just means that the devs are busy :)

like i said before, silence means, devs cooking us some alpha :)
I hope so! I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this. I'm really looking forward to all the possibilities of future mods, especially with the ragdoll phsx

It's almost certainly because of the "trouble" in Greece.

I guess that Community Alpha development entered a rather boring, but necessary phase when nothing new is added, but the existing features are stabilized at least to the point of stability. Trouble in Greece most likely slowed things down, but it's not like the entire BI ground to a halt because of this. If they want to release the Alpha in Q3/4 2012, it makes sense that the team would work on more boring and less cinematic features now.

Maybe they chill out, realize it's just a game and release the devs...or...maybe they forbid the use of Limnos in ARMA 3.... which would be a huge setback.

This has crossed my mind as well. It would not surprise me to hear that Limnos is canned as the feature Arma 3 island due to part of a release agreement. It would require a major storyline rewrite and a new island developed.

I wouldn't even mind as a consumer -- getting Ivan and Martin out and back home alive and well > ARMA 3, and Limnos/Stratis weren't even "core features" of ARMA 3 in my eyes anyway.

It would not surprise me to hear that Limnos is canned as the feature Arma 3 island due to part of a release agreement.

The entire game was canned as part of release agreement...

you have no idea...

That's not how things work :D

The game is not cancelled. Stop spreading your completely unlogical and irrational lie. Why are you doing this? You think you can make people mad here and laugh at them or see someone getting confused?

I think you see it's pointless, ok?

This has crossed my mind as well. It would not surprise me to hear that Limnos is canned as the feature Arma 3 island due to part of a release agreement. It would require a major storyline rewrite and a new island developed.

It'd "only" require a new island "with serial numbers filled off". Sort of definitely-not-Limnos, in a similar way to OA Takistan. The story could stay the same, maybe with a few factions swapped around, unless that's also a part of release agreement (it would feel a bit too much like censorship though).

Guys, please. Nothing needs to change in order for the game to come out. Suggesting the guys in Greece are hostages to Greece's game adjustment demands is dumb beyond expression.

I wouldn't even mind as a consumer -- getting Ivan and Martin out and back home alive and well > ARMA 3, and Limnos/Stratis weren't even "core features" of ARMA 3 in my eyes anyway.

I agree completely. Lets get the boys home first...everything else will work itself out

It'd "only" require a new island "with serial numbers filled off". Sort of definitely-not-Limnos, in a similar way to OA Takistan.
Funny thing is, according to one of Maruk's official public statements Limnos is already Lemnos "with serial numbers filed off" and scaled down.

As a reminder, last we've heard of for the community alpha was before the end of 2012.

That's not how things work :D

I'm afraid that is how things work. They are facing espionage charges, that means up to 20 years in prison. Game has been cancelled.

It was announced at E3 to have been pushed back to an unspecified time after Gamescom (which took place in mid/late August) due to the change from PhysX 2 to PhysX 3, then before Gamescom there was the news of the DayZ standalone, then according to RiE/Jay Crowe in mid-September on Twitter:

We apologise for the recent lack of comms; the situation in Greece with our colleagues took precedence. We hope you understand! :)

@Madeon - no need to proclaim "Game has been cancelled" if the judge didn't pronounce the sentence and if there is no official word about cancelling A3 from BIS. Even if the worst case happens BIS could always delay and release A3 including some side blows on paranoia and ultra-patriotism....

Whats going on with this beta?? I thought it was going to come out in august.

wtf with that AD spam in ur sig? Isn't that bannable?

Guys, please. Nothing needs to change in order for the game to come out. Suggesting the guys in Greece are hostages to Greece's game adjustment demands is dumb beyond expression.

I don't believe anyone even said that or expressed that idea. Please read more carefully and attempt to comprehend what you are reading before making comments like this.

I'm afraid that is how things work. They are facing espionage charges, that means up to 20 years in prison. Game has been cancelled.

Madeon

Espionage convictions may mean up to 20 years in prison.

1. We were asked not to comment on the situation.

2. Your frankly idiotic statements about the game being cancelled are nothing but inflammatory and are not based on any kind of facts or reason.

+1 infraction for trolling.

@All I suggest we dial back this discussion about the imprisonment issue. As it was feared initially, one of the inevitable end results is vicious rumours. We thank you for your discretion.

Funny thing is, according to one of Maruk's official public statements Limnos is already Lemnos "with serial numbers filed off" and scaled down.

That's a bit different. The Limnos in AIII is a rather faithful recreation of the real thing, if a bit smaller. It's explicitly called Limnos (which is one letter away from Lemnos, and I'm not sure if it isn't just an alternative transcription), it's shape and general features are the same, but scaled down and they seem to have real names, too. Takistan and Chernarus were both a much less obvious.